Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,594 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (824161 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 11:30pm On Feb 02, 2019
234ng44uk:
Hello house, has anyone successfully used the attached online generated GTBank statement for Canada Express Entry?

that won't work. That isn't an "official bank statement ".

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 11:36pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lastruct:

Thanks very much, I will check Glitteringstar2 out. My MEP was actually November. Will leave towards late September though. or Latest early October. Not concluded on that yet.
It's the date you did the medicals that is considered and not when you passed your medicals.Please take note!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 11:37pm On Feb 02, 2019
askkubeir.com/proof-of-funds-canada-express-entry/

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 11:39pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lastruct:
Please my people, My medical test date was 25th August 2018, Would there be problem if I book our flight for like 2nd August. I am actually doing short landing but that is the earliest possible date for me to leave Naija. Ifeoma77 please help me again biko grin
As much as I know, you should land on or before 25th August . It's always safer to arrive before the deadline, you know smiley.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by revlane: 11:44pm On Feb 02, 2019
Blooit004:

The idea that WES is a difficult body to use because of WAEC is not true. I evaluated with WES, sent everything requested for, WAEC inclusive and my evaluation was completed exactly 2weeks after all my credentials had been verified; 6weeks in total from the date they received my documents, could have been shorter had my school verified me faster.

It is not difficult getting WAEC to send your result. Go to WAEC office at Yaba with 2passport photographs, a photocopy of your waec result, a sworn affidavit that the result is yours, one waec scratch card, 2 envelopes and 20k cash. You don't need connections there, WAEC will send your result and verify you. God's best.

I want to ask, when filling the WES application online after adding credential for Degree, do we also need to add credential for WAEC or just send WAEC to them as requested.

Thank You

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Lastruct: 11:49pm On Feb 02, 2019
Dannyko:
As much as I know, you should land on or before 25th August . It's always safer to arrive before the deadline, you know smiley.

God bless you as you take time to respond to my queries. I got everything clearly now. All the best bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 11:54pm On Feb 02, 2019
Lastruct:

God bless you as you take time to respond to my queries. I got everything clearly now. All the best bro.
Sis grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Geetaybeks: 12:03am On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=efeklvn post=75365086]

that won't work. That isn't an "official bank statement ".[/quote

I think I read here in previous posts that people have used this to get PPR

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Geetaybeks: 12:07am On Feb 03, 2019
Philippians4v9:

Hi,
Please see response in red

Would the IELTS exam type be "Academics or General Training" General
- Also Is it paper-based? Because that's all I am seeing here is paper based.
- Do I need to evaluate only my US Master degree or both Naija Bsc and US master degree.? Yes both
He/She can evaluate only masters certificate.if you intend doing another masters in Canada then it will be better to evaluate the two;if not just evaluate the highest degree which is your Masters

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 12:08am On Feb 03, 2019
BabaSodonko:

I have 4years work experience in Nigeria and 2years work experience in USA (as a Teaching Assistant - if that will count) and I plan to register for IELTS exam soon..

Your work experience as a TA in the US will count.

See attached screenshot for your NOC Code.

Please let's try as much as possible to give accurate information and ignore the questions we don't have answers to so we don't mislead anyone.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Lastruct: 12:24am On Feb 03, 2019
Dannyko:
Sis grin grin

Oh...I assumed...sis of life...you too much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 12:50am On Feb 03, 2019
[quote author=Geetaybeks post=75365635][/quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 12:53am On Feb 03, 2019
Hi friends. I want to know if these two jobs can add up as 1 year work experience:
Company A= 10 months 4021
Company B= 3 months(present job) 2232

Thanks.
PS - I have 25 months in Company C; and I want to claim 3 years in total.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prex29: 1:07am On Feb 03, 2019
234ng44uk:
Hello house, has anyone successfully used the attached online generated GTBank statement for Canada Express Entry?
I used this along with the Gtb bank POF letter, had no issues.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Pegzzyg(f): 1:07am On Feb 03, 2019
You're totally right....My bad jawreee. Thanks
Tojued:

My darling we have to be very careful about what upsets us. There's no point getting riled up about dem-say information provided on a faceless forum.
The gist is still too scanty.

Besides, this is a new year. We (tojued) are bringing our life policy of circle of concern / influence to how we operate on this thread smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 1:08am On Feb 03, 2019
Soniayande:

Please, what do I do? I'm confused. I sent my neco result to Wes and it came back as not accepted. Explanation is that the result wasn't sent from the appropriate evaluation body. I really don't understand, cos I went to Neco office in Benin, I paid a total of 24,000naira for courier to Minna, and then Wes, yet I'm back to status quo. Somebody HELP!

I need contact for NECO verification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Thaiy(m): 1:17am On Feb 03, 2019
COPR:

It seems the NECO office in Benin didnt send it to Minna for them to send to WES. You can PM for a contact in Minna that can help you.

Kindly assist with your contact for NECO verification
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mbhs139(m): 1:31am On Feb 03, 2019
patakioy:
Congratulations. I have passed ielts and ECA is due by 20th of Feb. Please when must POF be in my account and for how long. I am going to be using Gift deed from my sister for 100% POF. Can i enter the pool without POF in my account ?

Certainly you can! What's important is that it most be ready, post ITA, before AoR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mbhs139(m): 1:35am On Feb 03, 2019
efeklvn:
Hi friends. I want to know if these two jobs would count as 1 year work experience:
Company A= 10 months
Company B= 3 months(present job)

Thanks.
PS - I have 25 months in Company C; and I want to claim 3 years in total.

They will count if they're the same job roles and functions, say for instance, not being a plumber on one job and a tailor at another. If you claim to be a tailor in the first job, stick to being a tailor or fashion designer in the other jobs. They're still related.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shyle02(m): 1:36am On Feb 03, 2019
CoCoLav:

Your work experience as a TA in the US will count.

See attached screenshot for your NOC Code.

Please let's try as much as possible to give accurate information and ignore the questions we don't have answers to so we don't mislead anyone.

Apologies, I think I disagree.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shyle02(m): 1:38am On Feb 03, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 1:47am On Feb 03, 2019
shyle02:

Apologies, I think I disagree.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29

This is for those who studied in Canada.
If you worked part-time in Canada while schooling, you cannot claim points for the work experience. It does not apply to foreign education. I understand how the screenshot by IRCC can be confusing, but this has been debunked several times on CanadaVisa.

The key is to make sure you were paid for it and you can back it up with a reference letter.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DexterousOne(m): 2:28am On Feb 03, 2019
Good morning all.

It's good to be here, and it's a pleasure

I'm just starting this journey, and I have learnt a whole lot from the thread.

By God s grace, I shall be successful

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 4:11am On Feb 03, 2019
revlane:

I want to ask, when filling the WES application online after adding credential for Degree, do we also need to add credential for WAEC or just send WAEC to them as requested.

Thank You

I am not clear on your question. Add credential for degree how? Did they ask you to upload your certificate on the site? I completed my evaluation in December and I don't really understand this question. Fill your post secondary education details you want evaluated only, they will automatically request you tell waec/neco to send your result regardless.

Someone who understands his question better can please respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Olaneeran: 4:43am On Feb 03, 2019
A blessed morning, house.

Pls, does anyone have idea if one can sort out the issue of waec from any of their offices, aside from Yaba?, as their office at Abeokuta will be convenient for me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by BoboXIV(m): 4:54am On Feb 03, 2019
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Doxology & All Protocols observed.

Without further ado, Its P-P-R!!!

Actually its been PPR since the 31st of January,2019. All kinds of poetic irony/justice around that as my very first post here on NL was on the 1st of Feb. cool

Aaaanyways, let me attempt to share our timeline and some highlights of our journey.

PROLOGUE

It was a hot, humid night in Lagos, Nigeria, sometime in 2015.

Everyone was winding the evening down and prepping to go to bed in the BoboXIV home

Then,it happened. The estate transformer "blew". So, we went to "on the Gen" and happily went to bed. Later that night about 1am, generator goes off and then we realise that there was no fuel left for the other backup Gen. And then discover that new nanny hadn't charged the inverter properly(cos no one had showed her what to do) so it only lasted, 20 mins.

A proper case of "Murphy's Law"

Oh and remember the part about hot & humid....Yeah, well, so we all ended up on the living room floor, all windows and doors open, restless and lamenting the constant power issues.

So the Missus and I casually decided to give this "Canada thing" a go

THE TIMELINE:

So first step.. IELTS...back in the day when the tests were done at National Theatre

DECEMBER 2015: 1ST IELTS - ME: 9,9,8.5,8.5 (LRWS), MRS: 8,7.5,6.5,8 (LRWS)

The missus (who's got a Master's degree, so ideal Primary Applicant) was 0.5 short in Writing, but at this stage, we didn't know about things like remarking. Remember we were very casual about it, so we didn't really explore all possible options.

APRIL 2016: Entry into the Pool after finalising ECA from our universities. - Cant recall exact CRS scores, but I was in the low 400s, possibly 413 and the MRS was sub 400.( As she hadn't maxed out on her IELTS)

AUG/SEPT 2017: Our older kid had a bad cough but the HMO kept prescribing basic meds, but we then sought a second opinion and it turned out she had a bad case of pneumonia. Cost us a fair bit of Money to treat that, but the real scare of what could have gone wrong, lit a fire under the missus' bum-bum.

People, nothing gets in the way of a Mother whose child has been threatened by a failing healthcare system.

Nothing. Not even IELTS.

She got the next available date took a day off before and aced it.

OCT 2017: 2ND IELTS - MRS ONLY :8.5,7.5,7.5,7.5 (LRWS). New CRS for the MRS as Primary Applicant (with my own IELTS Score) - 449

NOV 2017: Received 1st ITA with a 439 Draw

DEC 2017: My first IELTS results expired (remember we'd originally done the tests in Dec 2015), dropping our score to 429 which was way below our ITA Draw cut-off

With the 90 day deadline to submit due to expire on Feb 13th, we were in a dilemma as to how to play it, especially we couldn't get a date for IELTS earlier than Feb 1st. Also, I needed to get Police Clearance for Kenya and ultimately South Africa which was taking a bit of time. Actually had to fly to Nairobi to sort the Kenyan PCC.

FEB 1ST 2018: Finally, went to redo the IELTS exam and immediately after put up my first ever post on NL (way pack in Part 3 of this thread) to seek help/advice on the ITA decline/no decline dilemma. Pretty good advice and some prophetic words too. Finally ended up declining the ITA .

Let me pause to say thank you to @happytbaby @ysteph @bbaby84 @GlitteringStar for the advice at the time and @sleekchic for the prophecy grin

(Don't even know if all these ppl are still on Nairaland. Hehehe)

FEB 14TH 2018: On the auspicious day of the celebration of love, my IELTS results came out - 8,9,8,8 (LRWS) taking our(MRS) CRS Score back up to 449

FEB 21ST 2018: We received our 2nd ITA with a draw of 441. Submitted all documents (AOR) the very next day, seeing as our documents had been ready by January anyways.

MARCH 1ST 2018: Medicals Passed

And then...the WAIT began.

APR/MAY 2018: Ordered and Received 1st GCMS NOTES. All looked good, as far as we knew. "Shalla" to @NewMum0615 on learning this from her in particular but also just being a good sport on the forum generally.

And then the WAIT continued...

and continued...

and continued...

AUG 2018:Application was now 6 months in so we ordered and received 2nd GCMS NOTES, where we discovered that some "overzealous" officer had raised issues about the Mrs' job title not being "Manager" while her NOC, had the term "Manager" in it. Note though that 2 other officers who'd reviewed had no issues with this particular matter. Anyways, this officer recommended an Interview, and re-assigned the application to the "dreaded" AVO.

And this re-assignment had actually been made as far back as then of June 2018. Sigh!!

And then the WAIT resumed...

Mailed and chased AVO for an interview date. Mailed Ralph Goodale MP towards the end of 2018...got some "Meeeh" generic response. Thanks @Skywalk12 for advice at this point as well re managing Accra and interview dates.

We kept up hope, especially when we heard the whole, AVO will start replying Applicants "early next year" (2019) and kept fingers crossed. Wasn't easy, and small small tensions popped up with the missus, but we kept our heads.

JAN 15 2019:Finally received an invite for the Interview at AVO.With this good news came a proper case of the nerves for the MRS ( as she was the one being invited) but we kept prepping for it, getting the required documents and updating some of the older documents where possible ( e.g. POF)
Thank you again @zutlin for adding us to the AVO WhatsApp group. You people are doing the Lord's work in that group grin

JAN 2019: Interview went relatively okay, but the Interviewer was quite particular about the matter of the Job Title as raised by the referring officer shocked Tried contacting her employer but couldn't reach them. The feedback was " We have to review and get back to you" As we were dissecting and reviewing the interview back at the hotel..the email for REMEDS came in. Cue Joy and excitement!

And then even more excitement the very next morning, as we got the all mighty PPR Email.

It had taken 11 months...but it was finally here.

PROLOGUE

We are now going through the documentation/remed process and looking forward to COPR.

Throughout this journey, one must always be grateful and appreciate the support of this and other similar communities. With the anonymity of NL, we all should try to have empathy and mutual respect as you don't know who is behind what profile and more importantly, what they may be going through. This group is basically therapy for many of us ( Silent and Not-so-Silent Readers).

I don't know who, but someone on this group(think it was @NewMum0615) once said, we all should be grateful for our various journeys. Some people had challenges with IELTS,ECA, POF etc and had their application sorted in like a month .In our case, every part of our journey was pretty smooth, and it almost brought a sense of entitlement to "Canada Permanent Residency" and the entire process.

Until we jammed this AVO Interview something. The bringer of "Humbility" grin

So let's all remember to check our entitlement at the door and just focus on, work at and pray for a successful application. Na everybody know wetin dem dey find for this Canada, so let's respect our individual journeys.

Thanks again everyone who contributed to our story! Mentioned and unmentioned. God bless you and I pray for progress for you, no matter what stage you are in this process.

Finally, as the saying goes, albeit modified, It is ending in Praise!!!

BoboXIV[i][/i]

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by deTimo: 6:41am On Feb 03, 2019
BoboXIV:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

BoboXIV[i][/i]

Congratulations... It's been a journey for you. My special regards to Madam. She a valuable player. May the new land flow with milk and honey for you and all that is yours.

I don't know why I feel I know you. This your timeline is similar to my friend's neighbour.

It is ending in Praises.

Happy Sunday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JERRYMAG4(m): 6:48am On Feb 03, 2019
JERRYMAG4:

· Develop and present proposals based on data analysis with recommended actions for management decision

· Manage stakeholder and customer interface regarding data quality issues

· Setup and manage the data governance framework enterprise wide champion all data governance initiatives in the bank

· Manage Data integrity across all core application system sources

· Maintain extensive knowledge of the bank’s IT systems

· Maintain intimate knowledge of system configuration and customization as implemented in the bank.

· Ensure that system changes meet business requirements by performing simulations to test configuration made by IT

· Ensure daily, weekly and monthly exception reports are made available to all business units to maintain cleanliness and integrity of country data

· Performs audits and validation on system configurations to ensure the pricing guidelines and agreed parameters are appropriately applied

· Prepares technical reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends across all systems

· Review charges to clients and implements corrective measures to prevent revenue linkage using early warning system tools

· Carry out monthly review of covenants pledged by customers against concessions to ensure that full charges are collected on any shortfall where a customer fails to meet the agreed covenant

· Managing extensive knowledge of business dynamics and processes

· Maintain business models on which requirement specifications can be based

· Analyse opportunities for loss across the entire scope of the business and work proactively within the organization to design and implement loss control/prevention and detection programs.

· Review the correctness of system interest rates as applied to loans and deposits given defined tolerance levels

House, please help. I need to submit my application. The NOC I'm considering are 1271 and 1111. I'm confused and don't know which to pick.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TimmytimeHO: 6:49am On Feb 03, 2019
Is this true??

mbhs139:

They will count if they're the same job roles and functions, say for instance, not being a plumber on one job and a tailor at another. If you claim to be a tailor in the first job, stick to being a tailor or fashion designer in the other jobs. They're still related.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:25am On Feb 03, 2019
BoboXIV:
Ladies and Gentlemen,

BoboXIV[i][/i]

Wooow!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! It was a long wait but it has ended in praise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.