Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822554 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by themsure: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
zohan101:
It ought to be out by now. I got same mail from them on Jan 11th and my TRF came out 29th Jan. Although i think the duration has alot to do with the number of modules you intend to remark. Mine was just writing.
I am still waiting to hear from them. I sent a mail to enquiry about the status, no reply yet. Thou i applied for two modules to be remark.
Hope your remark was positive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2019
for me UI have no issues with verification, i evaluated my Msc with WES and it took just 6weeks for the whole process. this was before WAEC palava with WES.

AdetonaDami:

About the ECA..Please which body is good for a UI graduate MSc

I guess cos of strike the school has not compiled the result yet

But can i go to UI and ask them to send to NACES for ECA or I will be the one to do it??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by themsure: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
Kiitan195344:
Same here. Would appreciate we could keep each posted with regards to it.
Aiit. Fingers crossed waiting for them oh.
Hope we hear from them soon.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:03pm On Feb 12, 2019
Eraytee:
for me UI have no issues with verification, i evaluated my Msc with WES and it took just 6weeks for the whole process. this was before WAEC palava with WES.

How much did it cost you for the whole process
I am only evaluating my MSc?? Am I including WAEC too biko?? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2019
bankyh1905:
Please use any other evaluating body apart from WES. It'll save you from unnecessary heartache, given UI/WES matching. Trust me, it can be incendiary. Take that from someone who had to spend roughly 8 months for the whole process.
Wow 8months ...
Okay thanks for the info, so I will go ICES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
I paid around 11k-12k for the whole process with courier fee inclusive. it was a straightforward process. WES now requires WAEC as part of the doc to complete evaluation of any degree gotten from Nigeria. I dont know the present cost for transcript application in UI because my ECA have been completed over a year ago. visit UI pg school website for the cost. courier is usually around 7-8k student discount.

AdetonaDami:

How much did it cost you for the whole process
I am only evaluating my MSc?? Am I including WAEC too biko?? undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by georgeehis(m): 5:24pm On Feb 12, 2019
help me thank God ooooo the remark with idp was positive. my writing was upgraded to 7.0. final score is speaking 7.5 reading 9.0 listening 8.5 writing 7.0 am doing my ECA with ICES now.

georgeehis:
Hello all i finally took the ielt exam oooo. Here are the scores....speaking 7.5 reading 9.0 listening 8.5 then the foolish writing 6.5. I really felt bad..... calculated crs score presently is 393 but if writing is upgraded to 7 my score will be 439.(imagine the difference 0.5 can make) Peeps advised me to go get a remark. I opted for it and still waiting for the outcome.... do you think i have a chance?...and while waiting would u advice me to start up my evaluation(ECA).....because of the stress of waec and all for WES can i use ICES instead? Your tots pplllsssssss

50 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
shocked shocked please is this the exact address. Nova scotia?
MacShiff:

Central Intake Office (CIO),
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 5:34pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hopefully it will be out soon. Yes, i got an upgrade in my writing module. 6.5 to 7
themsure:

I am still waiting to hear from them. I sent a mail to enquiry about the status, no reply yet. Thou i applied for two modules to be remark.
Hope your remark was positive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:35pm On Feb 12, 2019
Eraytee:
I paid around 11k-12k for the whole process with courier fee inclusive. it was a straightforward process. WES now requires WAEC as part of the doc to complete evaluation of any degree gotten from Nigeria. I dont know the present cost for transcript application in UI because my ECA have been completed over a year ago. visit UI pg school website for the cost. courier is usually around 7-8k student discount.

Oh thank you for the information
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
georgeehis:
help me thank God ooooo the remark with idp was positive. my writing was upgraded to 7.0. final score is speaking 7.5 reading 9.0 listening 8.5 writing 7.0 am doing my ECA with ICES now.

Wow am happy for you oooo hallelujah!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2019
I think the question you are asking is which body will assess her degree as a professional degree. The answer is 'I don't know'.

IQAS is preferred by lawyers as it clearly states on the ECA that their degree is evaluated as a professional degree. It is possible that the same applies to Vet. Medicine. However, IQAS has extremely long processing timelines, min. of 4 months.

Eraytee:
thanks a lot @joo2018, which of the other bodies do you think would be more favorable? WES or IQAS in the case of vet medicine. We need that professional evaluation to claim more points on education. thanks.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 5:55pm On Feb 12, 2019
Many congratulations. So happy for you.

Really expectant for mine

Please how long did yours take?

e
georgeehis:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Elcid1(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
akintunde63:

$226? Will ur report be delivered tru courier within Canada?
yes heard its faster
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Congrats o, glad your EOR came out positive! that IELTS tension is not a small thing.
georgeehis:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2019
georgeehis:

Please can I pm you concerning the ICES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MacShiff: 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2019
zohan101:
shocked shocked please is this the exact address. Nova scotia?

Yes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bubblefairy(f): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2019
joo2018:
I think it can fly.

However, 1 and 2yrs provide the same no of points for foreign work experience. What did you do for NYSC, maybe you can add it to make it 3yrs.

Thanks a lot for your help, NYSC cannot fly that is why I'm exploring other options.
I will just try and package my self-employed baker and stick to that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bubblefairy(f): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
Betap:

IMO, why don't you use your one year baking job because 2 years of foreign work experience does not add to your CRS score but only adds to your eligibility score (I am not so sure, please let the elders clarify and also check your score), this would keep things simple.
then you state the customer service job and part time baking in personal history.

If I get you correctly, I should stick to my one year baking job to claim the points for my score, then I state the rest in personal history?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by snoop4dem: 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hi Guys, I still need help with getting driving records insurance from Nigeria. If you have any contact or are able to help, I will really appreciate it as my present driving insurance cost is crazy and I was told to get a letter from an Insurance company from Nigeria about my driving records and that I had no at-fault claims

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nonen(m): 7:00pm On Feb 12, 2019
While filling my post ITA application form, I realized that I need to fill up forms similar to the ones I used for my Pre-ITA application. The issue I have now is that I don’t remember some of the specific dates(day and month, not year), although I remember the year, how to I reconcile this. I checked my Pre-ITA form, and everything have been wiped off. Please anyone been in this situation, and how was it managed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2019
Eraytee:

.. WES now requires O'!evel... before some people with NECO.will start asking another round of...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2019
zohan101:
Hopefully it will be out soon. Yes, i got an upgrade in my writing module. 6.5 to 7

Was it BC or IDP? Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by areee(m): 8:14pm On Feb 12, 2019
Good day guys, I have been following this thread for months silently but I decided to take a bold step last December. My ielts result is R 9.0, w 6.5, L 6, S 6. I'm 36 yrs. Hope I'm on right track? Just asked my wife to take ielts in March, she will be 34 yrs in March, she had B.ed from university of Ibadan distance learning centre Ilesa. Can she get eca? Help me evaluate my crs , also advice me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by AdetonaDami(m): 8:37pm On Feb 12, 2019
areee:
Good day guys, I have been following this thread for months silently but I decided to take a bold step last December. My ielts result is R 9.0, w 6.5, L 6, S 6. I'm 36 yrs. Hope I'm on right track? Just asked my wife to take ielts in March, she will be 34 yrs in March, she had B.ed from university of Ibadan distance learning centre Ilesa. Can she get eca? Help me evaluate my crs , also advice me

Well I just started my journey here...I'm catching up with the help of the gurus in the house, meanwhile Im preparing to take my IELTS and also preparing for this ECA using ICES. I talk to much abi..sorry sir.
Here is the link to evaluate your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by D4eva(m): 8:41pm On Feb 12, 2019
Hello House,

Has anyone here evaluated or known someone who evaluated a UK Foundation Degree? What was the outcome/Canadian equivalent?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kemkem30(f): 8:45pm On Feb 12, 2019
Eraytee:
Please anyone with information as regards my question? biko make una help my lil sis abeg

PEBC (The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada) is for pharmacists and Pharmacy technicians alone, except there is another PEBC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kemkem30(f): 8:48pm On Feb 12, 2019
captainhoo:
HELP HELP!!!!!!

For those that have applied for UK PCC, how did you pay. I have tried to pay but keeps declining the pay. i have tried Gtb, satander and barclays card, all declined.

I paid with my NATWEST card, is your billing address correct?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by topacs: 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2019
So to evaluate OND, HND and PGD using ICES is 600 CAD

adetola007:

Yes, you'll get two or more certificates if you evaluate both. Concerning the ECA evaluation body, it depends on how much you want to spend and how long you can wait for the ECA. If you use wes, you'll only pay 200cad to evaluate both certificates, however, you'll need to send your o'level results directly from the issuing agency (waec or neco as the case maybe). And if your school charges to verify your credentials, it may be more expensive than ICES in the long run. It takes 20 working days AFTER the verification to get ECA. Note that you can spend over a month to verify your credentials depending on your school. Some have been stucked on verification for 3+ months
For ICES, you'll pay 200 cad for EACH credentials but you don't have to worry about waec. Though people have been complaining about ices being overworked, so your evaluation may be delayed, ICES normal processing time is 12 weeks.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Betap: 9:02pm On Feb 12, 2019
Bubblefairy:

If I get you correctly, I should stick to my one year baking job to claim the points for my score, then I state the rest in personal history?

Yes, if your CRS is sufficient for ITA
If not, you can go with joo2018's option or try pnp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by KayLayChi: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2019
How much is snapping the passport photograph at studio24.

Onyeenyeh:
Just head straight to studio24 to take your passport photo in CIC format, tell them the passport is for Canada. Then go to VFS, with a copy of your passport bio-data page, ur PPR letter duly filled out, international passport, of course and the fee of N17,790. You can choose to pay the SMS charge of N780 or not, I didn't. Pay no attention to the touts outside. I forgot to add, parking fee of between 200-500 naira. Congratulations.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jennypharb1: 9:25pm On Feb 12, 2019
areee:

Who is the PA? What is your own qualification? Any siblings in Canada? Work experience for the PA

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.