Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,162 members, 7,818,534 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822701 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sexyuhlala(f): 10:50pm On Nov 23, 2018
I started my IELTS journey in August 2017, I actually thought it was just English and that I could just read and pass. I was wrong. Didn’t know there were tips and tricks to the exam until I met a friend who sent me time table and more materials to use. At a point, I had so many materials I became confused on what to use. Well, these are my results below.

1st Attempt BC- LRSW – 6, 5,7,6.5
2nd Attempt BC- LRSW – 7.5,5.5,7,6.5
3rd Attempt BC- LRSW – 7.5,8,7,7 – went into the pool with this. CRS 381
4th Attempt BC- LRSW - 8.5, 6.5,7,6. When I saw this result, I wept like a baby. I was angry in my spirit and at the same time angry with God. I asked for a remark and it came out thus – LRSW 8.5, 6.5, 8,6.5. I hissed and moved on.
5th Attempt BC- LRSW – 7,6.5,7,6.5
6th Attempt MOD– LRSW 8.5,7,7.5,6.5. Oct 27th

When I saw this result, I was weak. I didn’t cry, but I wasn’t happy. I was weak, exhausted and all. I just said to myself, I am not writing this exam again, I am tired and I have tried. Whatever happens happens abeg. I showed people and almost everyone told me to remark, a friend who has been following up on me steady told me instead of remarking I should use the money to pay for another ielts that his wife’s friend remarked and it didn’t come out positive. I said no oh, I will remark. I am tired of writing. He said okay, lets satisfy your conscience then. That’s how I carried my last 46k and I mean last. I didn’t even know how I and my baby will survive till month end. I just told God, I am taking a leap of faith, please don’t let me down. From the day I submitted the EOR and copied Australia, anxiety wanna finish me. I took solace in praying and reading people’s testimonies on Nairaland. I also told my very good friend in the office to pray for me. She could see I wasn’t happy and she said don’t worry, your result will change. She took it up with her prayer warriors o. There were some nights I’d be tossing and turning on my bed all because of remark, there were also times that the devil filled my heart with doubts but I kept on saying to myself, I will dance like David danced Chai. Then 12 days later I decided to send a mail to remind Australia if they had received my scripts from Nigeria (even though I was so afraid not to upset them…lol), they replied me this morning by 5.54am, I was shaking like a jelly fish. They said I should contact my test centre that the result had been sent. Hmmm, I said I won’t o, will wait for their mail, that’s how I got the mail from Naija that they had received my EOR from Australia. Omo cold enter my body, I started shaking again. I summoned courage to check online and boom…… my writing got upgraded to 7 and took my crs from 381 to 442. Why this epistle? It’s to encourage people going through this hurdle that it will pass, it wasn’t easy for me, I exhausted my annual leave for this exam, I didn’t rest at all. I thought of giving up so many times but I kept pushing and saying to myself, common girl, you can do this, keep pushing. There were times I wrote and didn’t even tell anyone oh make I no look like olodo. So to you out there, yes you. Please don’t give up. You’d get there in no time. Cheers.

132 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 10:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
The agent really no get joy.

Another perspective: I'm not sure it is about the date exactly. The guy apparently submitted only his FD statement that he raised 11 days to his AOR. He/She fixed it for 1yr thinking it would cover all doubts.

The guy might get an ADR for 1yr salary account SOA to cross-check that he is not indebted.

@Godisincontrol
Ifeoma77:

Ahn ahn this Case Officer's own is too much joor
FD can still be liquidated long before the maturity. The one year is not enough reason to just cancel the entire POF and say the person has CAD $0
Choi!!

Anyway, lesson learned; if you're buying Tbills or using FD, choose six months or less. The option of investing for one year should be avoided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 11:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sexyuhlala:
I started my IELTS journey in August 2017, I actually thought it was just English and that I could just read and pass. I was wrong. o you out there, yes you. Please don’t give up. You’d get there in no time. Cheers.

Whaooooooooo

Congratulations

That's the spirit.

Game on

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 11:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Ahn ahn this Case Officer's own is too much joor
FD can still be liquidated long before the maturity. The one year is not enough reason to just cancel the entire POF and say the person has CAD $0
Choi!!

Anyway, lesson learned; if you're buying Tbills or using FD, choose six months or less. The option of investing for one year should be avoided

I don't agree with this though. Six months or less could in another case also be suspicious.

Na to pray Make God give us "human" VOs or COs.

All is well

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 11:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ogamazi001:
I NEED HELP FAM.

3rd Attempt at IELTS.
L 7
R 6
W 6
S 7.5
First
en know sef.

I will testify las las. Amen

Sure you have to testify and we await your story

Since most of your scores are like these please don't rush into the next one and this goes to everyone.

Take time to really analyze what you need to do.
Of it's just one of the 4 I could say 2-3 weeks intensive focused study.

Ogamazi001 please dig deeper into IELTS - there r rules tricks and the right way and wrong approach.

Take time to read and listen to ieltsliz, Jay of E2Language.

Test yourself extensively on https://ieltsonlinetests.com till I get high Marks, dMark's, your vocabulary and sentencing.

Don't just rush Into the next exam.

God bless you.

Je m'appelle NeverBackDown

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
Ramj:

I don't agree with this though. Six months or less could in another case also be suspicious.

Na to pray Make God give us "human" VOs or COs.

All is well
Well think of it, if your FD has not matured by the time your Medicals expire, you are essentially going to travel empty handed.
In this case, the lock-in date is 22nd July, I'm guessing that's his AOR since it's a Sunday and no ITAs were issued on a Sunday this year.
Obviously, he must have done medicals before this date.
Now his money will be returned on 11th July 2019. Very likely that he would already be in Canada because his Medicals might have expired.
So in theory, he will spend at least a couple of weeks flat out broke in Canada while waiting for the maturity of his FD.

That's my own understanding sha. If anyone wishes to fix for one year, just make sure that the maturity is way before the expiration of medicals.
IMO

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blessedme4(f): 11:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
Please house can I send someone to help me process my waec for evaluation in Lagos office as I reside in delta? Is it allowed in lagos?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
joo2018:
The agent really no get joy.

Another perspective: I'm not sure it is about the date exactly. The guy apparently submitted only his FD statement that he raised 11 days to his AOR. He/She fixed it for 1yr thinking it would cover all doubts.

The guy might get an ADR for 1yr salary account SOA to cross-check that he is not indebted.

@Godisinc.ontrol
The agent clearly stated there that the review is "... regarding the maturity date of fixed deposit".
In any case, thank God he knows what's cooking so he can send updated POF ASAP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 11:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
Congratulations @Sexyuhlala (this your moniker though grin grin grin )
Thank God you didn't give up, your ITA is already on its way and I pray for speedy timeline for you.
You deserve accolades

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
This makes sense!
Ifeoma77:

Well think of it, if your FD has not matured by the time your Medicals expire, you are essentially going to travel empty handed.
In this case, the lock-in date is 22nd July, I'm guessing that's his AOR since it's a Sunday and no ITAs were issued on a Sunday this year.
Obviously, he must have done medicals before this date.
Now his money will be returned on 11th July 2019. Very likely that he would already be in Canada because his Medicals might have expired.
So in theory, he will spend at least a couple of weeks flat out broke in Canada while waiting for the maturity of his FD.

That's my own understanding sha. If anyone wishes to fix for one year, just make sure that the maturity is way before the expiration of medicals.
IMO

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 11:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Awww congrats, this is truly encouraging to read smiley I pray everything else goes smoothly for you!
Sexyuhlala:
So to you out there, yes you. Please don’t give up. You’d get there in no time. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by futureenergy: 1:00am On Nov 24, 2018
Godisincontrol:
Still on POF.
Some COs or VOs work like robots shaa.
If I were the applicant, I would quickly liquidate that FD and raise CSE to update on my POF.

Delay may land him/her in AVO, where he'll have all the time for the FD to mature.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 1:23am On Nov 24, 2018
I rejoice with you. Congratulations

I will also testify as I have requested for an EOR for tests written on 27 October.

I will surely testify as it will end in praise.

Expresso17:
IELTS Testimony!
IELTS test date was 13th October BC
Results ready by 26th Oct -LRSW: 8.5 7 7.5 6
I was so sad especially because I fell ill about a month before the test so my practice reduced and the last week was meant to focus on writing. I was out of work for about a week and just resumed that week still not in the best of health and was required to rest, butI listened to tips from Liz and Jay, but could not practice, I read some books on writing as well.
So I decided to go for a remark and asked God for mercy and speed, willing to stick to my faith on this....
EOR form was filled and submitted on the 30th October
Received an email on the 7th that my EOR has been sent to the EOR Team on the 6th Nov and should expect feedback in 2-4 weeks from that date
Received an email 16th Nov that result is ready,
Writing was upgraded from 6 to 7!
Praise the Lord for me please, my joy knows no bounds!
Note that there was no change online,someone asked a few days back if it meant there was no upgrade, please pick up your new TRF to know your score, no assumptions, I nearly got scared when I read a certain response saying most likely not.
I am really grateful to God

please any ideas how long withheld results are released with BC? Hubby’s results for today were withheld for review as I wanted to pick my EOR and his TRF, don’t know why it’s withheld..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gracemama: 1:26am On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:

You can send a mail to BC. They should be able to help appropriately

Thanks, will do that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 2:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Many congratulations.

I rejoice with you.

Sexyuhlala:
I started my IELTS journey in August 2017, I actually thought it was just English and that I could just read and pass. I was wrong. Didn’t know there were tips and tricks to the exam until I met a friend who sent me time table and more materials to use. At a point, I had so many materials I became confused on what to use. Well, these are my results below.

1st
ng to myself, common girl, you can do this, keep pushing. There were times I wrote and didn’t even tell anyone oh make I no look like olodo. So to you out there, yes you. Please don’t give up. You’d get there in no time. Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Steven7: 2:20am On Nov 24, 2018
Hephgirl:
just join the ielts group on WhatsApp

Please add me to the group 08068688828
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 4:35am On Nov 24, 2018
Lmao!!

Yes ooo, we remain patriotic Nigerians from Diaspora tongue tongue tongue

Ramj:

We r here but the cold in our new country is already catching us here.

Je m'appelle PATRIOTIC

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 5:00am On Nov 24, 2018
LMAO!!!!

Me ayam singu and sachin... grin

CC: 55emem55 grin

joo2018:
Abeg o. Don't let Mrs Joo catch you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 5:20am On Nov 24, 2018
Sexyuhlala:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 6:05am On Nov 24, 2018
Sexyuhlala:
I started my IELTS journey in August 2017, I actually thought it was just English and that I could just read and pass. I was wrong. Didn’t know there were tips and tricks to the exam until I met a friend who sent me time table and more materials to use. At a point, I had so many materials I became confused on what to use. Well, these are my results belows

[color=#770077][/color] Congratulations on your remark and the words of encouragement.

Am currently thinking of remarking my speaking with MOD, please what is the email Address sent your EOR in Australia.

My first attempt was on the 13th of October and my speaking was 8 , only to view my result yesterday and it 6.5 (LSRW 8.5, 6.5,7,7)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by timtom: 6:56am On Nov 24, 2018
joo2018:
I think AVO has less to do with POF issues, more to do with work experience concerns and maybe marriage stuffs, any issues that can require the applicant to come for an face-to-face interview to verify some details.

Any other concerns raised in your notes?

Review Required for UK Visa rejection (I declared that). NOC and Marriage certificate reviewed and certified okay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ogamazi001(m): 7:21am On Nov 24, 2018
Yes I know this was for me. I've been encouraged by great guys here already and now this! Thanks for sharing.

Sexyuhlala:

1st Attempt BC- LRSW – 6, 5,7,6.5
2nd Attempt BC- LRSW – 7.5,5.5,7,6.5
3rd Attempt BC- LRSW – 7.5,8,7,7 – went into the pool with this. CRS 381
4th Attempt BC- LRSW - 8.5, 6.5,7,6. When I saw this result, I wept like a baby. I was angry in my spirit and at the same time angry with God. I asked for a remark and it came out thus – LRSW 8.5, 6.5, 8,6.5. I hissed and moved on.
5th Attempt BC- LRSW – 7,6.5,7,6.5
6th Attempt MOD– LRSW 8.5,7,7.5,6.5. Oct 27th

When I saw this result, I was weak. I didn’t cry, but I wasn’t happy. I was weak, exhausted and all. I just said to myself, I am not writing this exam again, I am tired and I have tried. Whatever happens happens abeg. I showed people and almost everyone told me to remark, a friend who has been following up on me steady told me instead of remarking I should use the money to pay for another ielts that his wife’s friend remarked and it didn’t come out positive. I said no oh, I will remark. I am tired of writing. He said okay, lets satisfy your conscience then. That’s how I carried my last 46k and I mean last. I didn’t even know how I and my baby will survive till month end. I just told God, I am taking a leap of faith, please don’t let me down. From the day I submitted the EOR and copied Australia, anxiety wanna finish me. I took solace in praying and reading people’s testimonies on Nairaland. I also told my very good friend in the office to pray for me. She could see I wasn’t happy and she said don’t worry, your result will change. She took it up with her prayer warriors o. There were some nights I’d be tossing and turning on my bed all because of remark, there were also times that the devil filled my heart with doubts but I kept on saying to myself, I will dance like David danced Chai. Then 12 days later I decided to send a mail to remind Australia if they had received my scripts from Nigeria (even though I was so afraid not to upset them…lol), they replied me this morning by 5.54am, I was shaking like a jelly fish. They said I should contact my test centre that the result had been sent. Hmmm, I said I won’t o, will wait for their mail, that’s how I got the mail from Naija that they had received my EOR from Australia. Omo cold enter my body, I started shaking again. I summoned courage to check online and boom…… my writing got upgraded to 7 and took my crs from 381 to 442. Why this epistle? It’s to encourage people going through this hurdle that it will pass, it wasn’t easy for me, I exhausted my annual leave for this exam, I didn’t rest at all. I thought of giving up so many times but I kept pushing and saying to myself, common girl, you can do this, keep pushing. There were times I wrote and didn’t even tell anyone oh make I no look like olodo. So to you out there, yes you. Please don’t give up. You’d get there in no time. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 7:22am On Nov 24, 2018
Sexyuhlala:
I started my IELTS journey in August 2017, I actually thought it was just English and that I could just read and pass. I was wrong. Didn’t know there were tips and tricks to the exam until I met a friend who sent me time table and more materials to use...Cheers.

Congratulations. May your continued efforts on EE be rewarded with success.
And for others struggling with IELTS, you will find victory.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sexyuhlala(f): 7:29am On Nov 24, 2018
Rode20:

[color=#770077][/color] Congratulations on your remark and the words of encouragement.

Am currently thinking of remarking my speaking with MOD, please what is the email Address sent your EOR in Australia.

My first attempt was on the 13th of October and my speaking was 8 , only to view my result yesterday and it 6.5 (LSRW 8.5, 6.5,7,7)

Thank you. Please remark
idpieltsaustralia@idp.com. All the best dear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ogamazi001(m): 7:35am On Nov 24, 2018
Sorry to ask, the same result changed from 8 to 6.5 online? Have you collected the hard copy
Rode20:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blessedme4(f): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2018
Blessedme4:
Please house can I send someone to help me process my waec for evaluation in Lagos office as I reside in delta? Is it allowed in lagos?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Ogamazi001:
Sorry to ask, the same result changed from 8 to 6.5 online? Have you collected the hard copy

No dear, my first attempt on the 13th October was 8 for speaking but the result published yesterday for my second attempt on the 10th November is 6.5 in speaking.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by venorite(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2018
please add me 08160470046
wasseynewest:
Perfect idea
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adeptonlin(m): 8:19am On Nov 24, 2018
Hello house, I need a description on how to locate MOD ielts office in Ogudu GRA Lagos. I'm coming from Agbado Ijaiye
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bababode825(m): 8:35am On Nov 24, 2018
Godisincontrol:
Still on POF.

I think the issue here is not about 3months, 6months or 1 year investment. I think the Officer was looking at when the investment ends.

Remember that you are meant to have travelled to Canada on or before 1 year after your Medicals. So firstly, when did the individual do his or her medicals?

Lets assume it was June, the officer is simply refusing her POF because by the time her next medicals, she wont have the funds available to immigrate. That might be too harsh by the CO but he is just doing his job.

So my 2 cents his this: Before u submit your application, check the date and ensure that any investments in FD or TBills wont mature the same period next year after your medicals.

I hope I tried to help.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by danianne: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2018
10th Nov IELTS writers with BC can check their result now. Its online. I'm really sad. Don't know what else I can do to improve my writing. My first IELTS in July 28 was lrws-9,8,7,8. I needed to Max my scores. I took time to prepare for writing and i wrote another ielts on 10th Nov, now result came out ; lrws-8.5,8.5,7,7.5. Writing is still holding me. I felt I did better in this writing than the previous one. I don't know how else to improve my writing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by holufemy: 9:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Anyone seen result from British council?

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.