Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819537 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2018
danianne:
10th Nov IELTS writers with BC can check their result now. Its online. I'm really sad. Don't know what else I can do to improve my writing. My first IELTS in July 28 was lrws-9,8,7,8. I needed to Max my scores. I took time to prepare for writing and i wrote another ielts on 10th Nov, now result came out ; lrws-8.5,8.5,7,7.5. Writing is still holding me. I felt I did better in this writing than the previous one. I don't know how else to improve my writing.

Can you share the link to check
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 24, 2018
danianne:
10th Nov IELTS writers with BC can check their result now. Its online. I'm really sad. Don't know what else I can do to improve my writing. My first IELTS in July 28 was lrws-9,8,7,8. I needed to Max my scores. I took time to prepare for writing and i wrote another ielts on 10th Nov, now result came out ; lrws-8.5,8.5,7,7.5. Writing is still holding me. I felt I did better in this writing than the previous one. I don't know how else to improve my writing.
Go for remark na!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:20am On Nov 24, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 9:24am On Nov 24, 2018
adeptonlin:
Hello house, I need a description on how to locate MOD ielts office in Ogudu GRA Lagos. I'm coming from Agbado Ijaiye
check google map. Or better still get to oshodi, enter ojota and stop at ojodu. Take bike to ramat crescent

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 9:28am On Nov 24, 2018
drcynthia:

https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx?_ga=2.257182475.1022087719.1542975213-545386735.1542975213

All the best!

Same story. I wrote in classique events centre. I think ours have not been uploaded
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2018
MrTeeo:

Same story. I wrote in classique events centre. I think ours have not been uploaded

Still cant check mine too...
I guess i'll check later...

This suspense no go keel person oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 9:46am On Nov 24, 2018
Mm. Looks ok.

My 2cents: since you now know it is Accra, put it off your mind and get on with your life. Check your mails, spam and account only at periodic intervals. Start programs that will enhance your skillset when you finally get the visa.

All the best!

timtom:

Review Required for UK Visa rejection (I declared that). NOC and Marriage certificate reviewed and certified okay

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 9:54am On Nov 24, 2018
MrTeeo:

ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 9:55am On Nov 24, 2018
The praise the almighty God for this hoping He will fight my battles completely for me. This is my second attempt and ielts wants to show themselves again
L-8.5
R-7.5
W-6.5
S- 7.5

I studied ieltsliz and Jay extensively. I practised my writing with people and I still got this. Really don't know what else to do for this to change

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:57am On Nov 24, 2018
holufemy:
Anyone seen result from British council?
I haven't seen o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godsfavouredone: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=CanadianCherie post=73219271]Hello Everyone...need some form of advice/encouragement..AOR was November 7,2017(yes..over a year now)..

I don’t know how to contact them but I know God will intervene on your behalf. Your testimony shall be full.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 10:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Ahn ahn this Case Officer's own is too much joor
FD can still be liquidated long before the maturity. The one year is not enough reason to just cancel the entire POF and say the person has CAD $0
Choi!!

Anyway, lesson learned; if you're buying Tbills or using FD, choose six months or less. The option of investing for one year should be avoided

You have a point there- the case officer really "showed himself" cos FDs can be liquidated at any point before maturity.

However, it's better and maybe smarter to do a 90 day FD with instructions to roll-over another 90 days.

That's exactly what I did in my case and I kept rolling over every other 90 days like that for over a year period. With that, you can proof the fund history. Even if you decide to incrementally build your funds further, all the better (if you add to the existing funds to make it larger and roll it over).

It will end in praise IJN!

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 10:31am On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:
The praise the almighty God for this hoping He will fight my battles completely for me. This is my second attempt and ielts wants to show themselves again
L-8.5
R-7.5
W-6.5
S- 7.5

I studied ieltsliz and Jay extensively. I practised my writing with people and I still got this. Really don't know what else to do for this to change
This is my first attempt and I got
L-8.5
R-8.5
W-6.0
S-7.5
Please advise me. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2018
joo2018:
The agent really no get joy.

Another perspective: I'm not sure it is about the date exactly. The guy apparently submitted only his FD statement that he raised 11 days to his AOR. He/She fixed it for 1yr thinking it would cover all doubts

The guy might get an ADR for 1yr salary account SOA to cross-check that he is not indebted.

@Godisincontrol

I have thoughts too similar to your thoughts at the bold part above.

True, he might just get an ADR for salary account SOA to satisfy the mind of the case officer reviewing.

Wow, this POF thing, one can't be too careful.

It will end in praise IJN!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prex29: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2018
Good morning All,
Quick one. Just got an ADR lastnight and responded at after midnight. Wanted to know if they respond within 24Hrs and on Saturdays?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 11:01am On Nov 24, 2018
The problem with Accra visa office is not wickedness but capacity constraints . I've spent quite a lot of idle time on canada.ca, justice.ca and all kinds of .ca. It has been interesting reading inspection and audit reports and seeing the development of the immigration program.

As at 2012, Canadian High Commission at Accra had about 69 staff of which 17 were for immigration purposes. I doubt the number of staff in the visa office has increased as the policy trend has been to centralize processing as much as possible.

These staff are structured into immigration/case officers, mission integrity/program officers, case analysts/agents and support staff. They handle permanent resident application processing for 12 countries in West Africa and temporary resident visa services for 10 of these countries. Lagos VO is the one handling the temporary resident visa services for Nigeria. The permanent resident application includes FSW and family sponsorship under the Family class.

This processing currently includes:
i. making final decisions and issuing of COPR for all permanent resident applications for the 12 countries in West Africa including those processed in Ottawa, London, Kyiv and other countries.
ii. handling the processing of complex EE FSW and FST cases including document review, scheduling and conducting of interviews if required for residents of the 12 countries.
iii. processing of outland Canada Family class sponsorship applications for permanent resident of the 12 countries.

You can imagine the work. Just how much cases can the staff process in a day? This is the reason applications spend a long time in the processing queue before being attended to.

If you want to read more, check here, here and here.

In general terms, the Canadian High Commission at Accra is rigid about following protocols. There are 2 cases of Canadians trying to adopt Nigerian kids that I've been following for awhile.

For one couple, after 3yrs of adopting, they had to return the child back to the orphanage in Nigeria and go back to Canada after the mother caught malaria and thyphoid in Accra. See here.

For the other one, the couple had been trying to adopt the kid for 3yrs. They thought Accra was almost through with processing the papers of the adopted child, so the wife took leave from work, picked the child from the orphanage home in Nigeria and went to Accra to collect the child's papers.

For where! After sending her back and forth from one office to the other, they told her her child's application was still under processing, that she cannot jump the processing queue and locked her out of the embassy gates. She stood crying under the hot African sun with her toddler.

They have refused to prioritize her case even with a lot of media pressure and attention. She is still stuck in Accra since September. She is currently seriously sick and hospitalized in Accra. Even her MP has been putting pressure. She has written to the Minister. He only replied and told her that her application is under processing.

You can read more here, here, here.

So if they can be that strict with their own citizen who they are legally mandated to serve, who is a foreign national to them? When you keep calling CIC, sending mails and disturbing MP Ralph Goodale, you are only aggravating yourself and the people you are disturbing. They can only give you status update, they cant or wont do anything to fast-track the processsing of your application.

So, get a life! Try and look for things to do move on.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2018
Mhen guy!!!

I totally agree with you on this. These guys are highly constrained.... and I feel above all that the african factor of closing ears to people and not being sympathetic would also play its role too.

Kudos on the research... at least it makes people in Accra VO to understand that all they need do is have patience and not give up.

Keep the hopes alive people.

Cheers**

joo2018:
The problem with Accra visa office is not wickedness but capacity constraints . I've spent quite a lot of idle time on canada.ca, justice.ca and all kinds of .ca. It has been interesting reading inspection and audit reports and seeing the development of the immigration program.

A.

So if they can be that strict with their citizen, who is a foreign national? When you keep calling CIC, sending mails and disturbing MP Ralph Goodale, you are only aggravating yourself and the people you are disturbing. They can only give you status update, they cant or wont do anything to fast-track the processsing of your application.

So, get a life! Try and look for things to do move on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JadonOVB(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Good Day everyone!
I finally have my set date for IELTS on 1st of DEC.

But I still have concerns over my Credentials Evaluation.
I want to use WES but don't have a credit card �

Are debit cards allowed (despite d fact that WES didn't state so)?
If not, please what's the best option to pay to WES for evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babesy: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2018
I sha know that before the end of today, there would be nothing more to purge in my system..since British council has decided to kill my enemy ��

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2018
Babesy:
I sha know that before the end of today, there would be nothing more to purge in my system..since British council has decided to kill my enemy ��
same here o, I've not had this kind of diarrhoea in a while, even food is not going. Now I know I need to work on being more patient and also controlling anxiety

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 11:47am On Nov 24, 2018
Babesy:

Softly softly oh

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 11:53am On Nov 24, 2018
Ladychristie:
same here o, I've not had this kind of diarrhoea in a while, even food is not going. Now I know I need to work on being more patient and also controlling anxiety

I am here drinking Red wine, playing FIFA 19. I cannot kill myself

15 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2018
iyke3g:

L-8.5
R-8.5
W-6.0
S-7.5
Please is it worth remarking the writing? Are there many successful stories from remarking?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babesy: 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
[quote author=Ladychristie post=73259510] same here o, I've not had this kind of diarrhoea in a while, even food is not going. Now I know I need to work on being more patient and also controlling anxiety[/quot

Hahahahaha...God dey

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 12:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Everybody's case is different. You won't know until you try. You can either take the leap of faith or ignore a remark and go for a retake. I pray it works for you if you take that leap.
iyke3g:

Please is it worth remarking the writing? Are there many successful stories from remarking?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2018
Newmum0615:
Everybody's case is different. You won't know until you try. You can either take the leap of faith or ignore a remark and go for a retake. I pray it works for you if you take that leap.
Thanks a lot. I will get my writing remarked. Fingers crossed.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 12:41pm On Nov 24, 2018
iyke3g:

L-8.5
R-8.5
W-6.0
S-7.5

You did well but that writing is the issue. I think we need to create a group to treat all these issues. I will also get someone that has scaled through to give us advise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by magnificientzaz(f): 12:44pm On Nov 24, 2018
GozyNA:

Hello. With your age and work experience I think you should be the PA. Just aim for maximum points in your IELTS. You can get married post AOR and add him without him having to take IELTS.

My two cents.

Thanks alot for your contribution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iyke3g(m): 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:

You did well but that writing is the issue. I think we need to create a group to treat all these issues. I will also get someone that has scaled through to give us advise
Alright, I'm in

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:
L-8.5
R-7.5
W-6.5
S- 7.5

My remark center will be BC Abuja . Are there success stories there. Anyone with testimonies of successful remark there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2018
raphrulz:
Lmao!!

Yes ooo, we remain patriotic Nigerians from Diaspora tongue tongue tongue

sweet patriotism
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 1:21pm On Nov 24, 2018
Richness1104:

My remark center will be BC Abuja . Are there success stories there. Anyone with testimonies of successful remark there?

how did you know your remark center?

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.