Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (825023 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 11:29am On Nov 14, 2018
boco2126:
Congratulations! Mine is showing no result found. ID number is passport number right?

Yes bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 11:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Debsify:
correct..congrats bro! after all the panic it ended well..now na WES and their wahala. Last last we go jam for Canada.

My brother. Na God grace o.

Make WES dey delay themself. Document gathering mode activated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2018
you dont need to complicate or rush anything if you have enough info about this journey as regards your case. the best is apply as single, because your ITA will almost be an auto thing looking at the current trend of invitations. just do your court wedding after AOR and add her without stress. medicals and PCC is what she needs to provide at this stage, and you will update your POF (this you can even add before you submit your application to avoid ADR). so you tend to save money as regards paying her to write IELTS as regards your post. add spouse after AOR. all the best.

survivor1986:
I passed my IELTS of 13 October 2018. 1st attempt. 6 weeks of assiduous preparation.

Listening - 8.5 (I stealthily copied 3 answers from people in the hall. Call it malpractice if you like, but I couldn’t afford to leave 3 spaces empty. 75k is not chicken change. Lol).
Reading - 8
Writing - 7.5 (Disappointed. I thought I would get 8. My preparation for the exam was 70% writing. I would have challenged it but it won’t change my CLB score. I may yet challenge it in the next 4 weeks if Australia immigration suddenly appeals to me.)
Speaking - 8 (The examiner almost used her foreign accent to intimidate & destabilize me. But I survived)

I am 32 years old. I am a dentist; so my education is equivalent to masters (yet to get my ECA though), and I have over 3 years experience. I have a girlfriend who is in final year in the University and I want to add her as my spouse. Yea, I think I love her, even though we are just 6 months into dating. If I apply as a single my CRS score will be 465. If I add her as wife, it drops to 439. Therefore she needs to write the IELTS to make our score at least 440.

Now the advice I want is this. Can she write the IELTS first before we do the wedding? I would like the luxury of calculating our combined CRS score before I do a low-key court wedding. Or do we need to get married first before the IELTS? If these Canada people (IRCC) see that the date of the wedding is after her IELTS (in other words if she wrote her IELTS as a single), will it look suspicious that we later married just before we submitted our Express Entry profile?

All the best to those still on IELTS stage.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2018
Lmao!!!

We are still waiting for you PPR script sha so u know... before i give u PPR carryover now undecided undecided undecided

Tojued:

We'll add him to the queue. Malfoy and Snape still need to be dealt with first.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 11:33am On Nov 14, 2018
BC or mod?
Midelbabe:

Mine still says no results found.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2018
...And God did it for me.I'm free from IELTS after 5 attempts.LRWS: 8.57.577.5(MOD IDP November 1st). My first 2 trials were with BC while the last 3 were with MOD IDP.I really thank God as I consider this a breakthrough. Thanks to @glitteringstar2 @bimsebony and @hykin for your words of encouragement and motivation.I met you all here, but the relationship has gone beyond this forum. I thank God and I'm forever grateful for His mercies and grace. Indeed, IELTS can humble anyone smiley smiley .

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Trunky: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2018
Has anybody noticed that documentations required by ICES for Nigerian candidates ECA includes secondary school certificate (WAEC, NECO) and a scratch card? If yes how can one navigate through the rigors of just sending only scratch card and certificate to them as the school will always send your transcript separately?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2018
azuk09:
The IELTS made N279 million from Nigerians in 2017. N400 million so far in 2018.

I’m doing a short feature on IELTS for my blog and social handles.

Will you be willing to talk on camera or on phone, to share your IELTS experience and key tips for serial failures?

While we work to abolish the IELTS for its shocking hypocrisy, we can also provide support for the thousands of Nigerians who sit for the exam yearly.

Can we talk anytime soon?

Kindly drop (or PM me) your number and I will personally call you up.

Thanks.

When you succeed in abolishing IELTS, Canada will change to TEF as the required language test.

Then you will abolish Canada.

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2018
I believe one of the draws before the end of the year would give either of these scores
ottawasenators:
predicting CRS score of 438-439 today so that our comrades within that score range who have been in pool since about First quarter of this year can also smile wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2018
Guy how una dey do this link thing na
Ramj:

Its all here Americanninja1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2018
Trunky:
Has anybody noticed that documentations required by ICES for Nigerian candidates ECA includes secondary school certificate (WAEC, NECO) and a scratch card? If yes how can one navigate through the rigors of just sending only scratch card and certificate to them as the school will always send your transcript separately?
Please stop mixing things up, ICES does't require any WAEC/NECO thing for post-secondary evaluation biko before they hear now and start demanding for it.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jasmine17(m): 11:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Trunky:

They haff Learn badtin from WES? This is bodacius higihaga.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrsOT: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2018
Silent reader, Post AOR 9th sept.

PPR coming soon to us all By God's Grace.

It will end in praise.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Steven7:
Good morning house.... I have few questions to ask... I just realized that I didn't pay the required 70CAD for the courier of my ECA only paid the 200CAD please how do I pay the 70CAD for my ECA to be sent to me? Secon.dly how do I get to know if or when ICES has gotten my transcript from my school?
You need someone in Canada to be able to pay any additional fee to ICES. Ask the person to raise a bank draft in favour of ices with the amount required, there is a form on their site to do this.
Yes, as some earlier answered, email ICES with the subject 'Evaluation for (your BCIT number)'.
Refer to ICES website for updated information.
Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Enitan007(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Especially visas that relate to travel history, even if they are in the old passport. I included them.
joo2018:
The help part is a generic something. No harm including it tho.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by hykin: 11:51am On Nov 14, 2018
Congratulations. Your persistence, patience, dedication and hardwork paid off. Faithful God, we thank you.

Dannyko:
...And God did it for me.I'm free from IELTS after 5 attempts.LRWS: 8.57.577.5(MOD IDP November 1st). My first 2 trials were with BC while the last 3 were with MOD IDP.I really thank God as I consider this a breakthrough. Thanks to @glitteringstar2 @bimsebony and @hykin for your words of encouragement and motivation.I met you all here, but the relationship has gone beyond this forum. I thank God and I'm forever grateful for His mercies and grace. Indeed, IELTS can humble anyone smiley smiley .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mojohnny(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2018
Please has anyone applied for re-mark with British Council recently?
How long did it take?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cntabs(m): 12:00pm On Nov 14, 2018
congrats bro. Remain those yeye wes people grin

I've booked for my medicals sha

Jasmine17:
Good news my people grin grin grin grin

IELTS has freed me at first attempt.

Listening 8
Reading 9
Writing 7
Speaking 7.5

Overall band score 8

All glory and honour to you Lord God kiss

BC 1st Nov 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adebee16: 12:10pm On Nov 14, 2018
Apologies to all if this question has actually been treated. I used every search method I could but no luck. It's about the confirmation letter for POF from Stanbic Mutual Funds. Is it only the available balance that is stated on the letter? Or it also includes the 6 months average balance? I found a letter on a previous thread,attached below but a large chunk was blurred out. I'm not sure if the average balance is in the blurred part. Please anyone that has successfully used Mutual Funds letter should help. Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 12:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
Debsify:
I thought results come out on Fridays.
The exam was on a Thursday and today is the 13th day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2018
hykin:
Congratulations. Your persistence, patience, dedication and hardwork paid off. Faithful God, we thank you.

Thanks brotherly,I appreciate your kindness and concern. smiley grin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Midelbabe(f): 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
Hephgirl:
BC or mod?
BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
ziggymanti:

But if I remember correctly, the [? - more infor] part of the upload stated that all travel docs. so I uploaded my current passport first with the travel visas and then the former passport with their visas. no harm including everything, instead of getting ADR for that little thing.

I did the same thing you did. But those who uploaded only the current one still got their PPR.
Meanwhile, you risk having the VO miss your valid passport and reject the application because he thinks you submitted expired passport

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
Please anyone with a December medical date in Qlife for a family of 4 and would not be using such should kindly PM me. The earliest date I got was February 4th and I was told the waiting list is very long. I will really appreciate anyone who is willing to give out his/her date.Thanks my wonderful e-family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2018
Eraytee:
you dont need to complicate or rush anything if you have enough info about this journey as regards your case. the best is apply as single, because your ITA will almost be an auto thing looking at the current trend of invitations. just do your court wedding after AOR and add her without stress. medicals and PCC is what she needs to provide at this stage, and will update your POF (this you can even add before you submit your application to avoid ADR). so you tend to save money as regards paying her to write IELTS as regards your post. add spouse after AOR. all the best.

If I add her as spouse after AOR, is there any option of stating that I want her to come with me to Canada? I don’t fancy this idea of going alone and later, the spousal sponsorship thing. If I am not going with my girlfriend the same time, I don’t trust our relationship to stand the test of Canada-Nigeria distance and the spousal sponsorship stuff may take up to 2 years. By the way, a man at my age of 32 and in the prime of life needs to be warming up with my woman regularly. 2 years is too long.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 12:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
Including Page 1? Dude, i'm surprised folks have not come for your head. What an insult to smslive2.

greyham:
The first 4 pages are filled with useless information not in anyway beneficial to the purpose of the thread.

It is disgusting.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ifeoma77:

I did the same thing you did. But those who uploaded only the current one still got their PPR.
Meanwhile, you risk having the VO miss your valid passport and reject the application because he thinks you submitted expired passport

I don't have any visa/stamps for my current passport.

So I'm settling for uploading my current passport and previous visa/stamps for the previous passports and leaving out the bio data pages of my two expired passports

Would that be ok?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 14, 2018
greyham:

The first 4 pages are filled with useless information not in anyway beneficial to the purpose of the thread.

They are lucky I am not the mod.

It is disgusting.

With all due respect, this is so wrong in all facets. They are disgusting to you but important to those that posted them. Why not live and lets live? we can do better. cheers.

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
smslive2:
Hello, Is it me you are looking for?
Yels!! angry angry

grin well-done on the new thread kiss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
Trunky:

are you evaluating with ICES for sole purpose of verifying WAEC/NECO? if no, then read up diligently. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tosaned: 12:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
Page 10 shocked

Oh well, expecting PPR and COPR in part 6 by God's Grace!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2018
Sthill5:

I don't have any visa/stamps for my current passport.

So I'm settling for uploading my current passport and previous visa/stamps for the previous passports and leaving out the bio data pages of my two expired passports

Would that be ok?
Smart move.
Or you can just upload the data page and leave it at that. Newmum said she had a valid visa in her expired passport and still didn't upload it.
Simpler is better

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.