Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,325 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) (69485 Views)

What Herbert Macaulay Way In Yaba, Lagos Looks Like In 2021 (pics, Video) / This Is What Lagos Looks Like On Weekends - Photos / See How Ikorodu Expressway Has Transformed Since 1947 (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Reference(m): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2018
sad Kai Lagos.... can't.... just can't abeg.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by obonujoker(m): 5:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:
The Igbo are leaving their villages in high numbers for Lagos, Ibadan and other south west cities thereby leading to overpopulation. Nigeria belong to all of us but if Igbo leaders can't develop the east, it's time they appoint Yoruba people to help manage the east of Nigeria. Imagine if we have Fashola as governor general of eastern Nigeria ?

Lol... who will leave Onitsha, Aba, Owerri for dead zones like Osogbo, ilorin, Ife etc??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Newboss(m): 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:
The Igbo are leaving their villages in high numbers for Lagos, Ibadan and other south west cities thereby leading to overpopulation. Nigeria belong to all of us but if Igbo leaders can't develop the east, it's time they appoint Yoruba people to help manage the east of Nigeria. Imagine if we have Fashola as governor general of eastern Nigeria ?
I hope you know Lagos is not developed at all? angry Look at those pictures again and see what you call developed angry

It's just a business hub angry

Remember, Lagos was once the capital of Nigeria angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Adek15(m): 5:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Just came to Lagos for the first time. My observations are:
Lagos is beautiful and at the same time full of slums
Almost everyone in Lagos are mad.. Literally mad
Lagos air is contaminated to a great extent
Bridges and good roads almost everywhere and still the traffic congestion is terrible
The okada people behaves as if they have extra lives somewhere hence, don't value human lives at all

Etc

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by FEGNO: 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
Dirty dirty lagos
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by IkpuMmadu: 5:31pm On Nov 15, 2018
Lagos is one big slum shaaa
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by YorubaAssasin: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
solutionist:
If I am planning to travel on that route, I always leave home like 3 hours ahead of time.

Meanwhile, see this very clean 2008 Toyota Camry LE, 2 Keys, LCD Display, Navigation , non-accidented

Price: N 2.9million.

click the link below for the photo.

https://www.nairaland.com/4843007/sale-clean-foreign-used-2008-toyota

N1.8M?
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by YorubaAssasin: 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
FEGNO:
Dirty dirty lagos

Blame okoro savages for bringing dirt from their villages and jungles in SE. angry
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by tiredoflife(m): 5:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

Yeah if we have him
He will do car park with 180million
He will do borehole with 15million
And build website with 100million
And tell us he doesn't sign cheques grin

1 Like

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by nextstep(m): 5:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

And what about all the indigenes of Ibadan, Ilorin, Osogbo, Ogbomosho, Abeokuta, Ado-Ekiti, also coming to clutter up Lagos? The biggest problem is that Lagos attracts people from all over because it already has such a large economy, but not the infrastructure to deal with them. If I tell you how many people I've met from Ogbomosho... you'd think that city was void of people.

What we need is Federal gov't (not only states) to stimulate development in other parts of the country. You can't talk about Igbo leaders developing the East, when it was Federal money (from Cocoa, Peanuts, Palm, and Petroleum) that developed Lagos. Even when Eastern leaders ask for ports to be developed/reopened, or for the Niger to be dredged, or bridges built, Federal Gov't drags its feet for decades. How can a factory perform well in the East when it's 500+ kilometers from the ports where machines and materials come in, over bad roads? Does that make any sense?

Federal takes the lion share of revenue from the areas that generate the national wealth, and also takes the majority of taxes. If states could keep half of the income tax and resource exploitation on their land, they'd have money to develop their states. Instead, that money is funneled to expensive real estate in Abuja and Lagos via (mostly) government officials at the federal level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by XaintJoel20: 5:36pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

Igbo are not just trooping to Lagos and other south west states, they are everywhere you can think of in Nigeria, I don't know what's driving them away from the states they always say it's flowing with milk and honey.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by ProYou: 5:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
I like the orderliness.

Please see my signature.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Lahmeda(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
[color=#990000][/color][quote author=autojosh post=72997057]Ikorodu road is a major arterial highway at the center of Lagos state.

Thus far, Ikorodu road is the only road in Lagos state constricted to accommodate BRT Buses.

Ikorodu road in recent times has been characterized by major traffic snarls,. These traffic gridlocks seemed to have overwhelmed government agencies saddled with the responsibility of controlling the free flow of traffic.

Often, the traffic gridlocks on Ikorodu road is due to one of the following: Fuel tankers and container-laden trucks parked along some sections of the road, bad section of the road, lawless and indiscipline motorists, too many rickety and un-roadworthy vehicles breaking down on the road, the high number of vehicles plying that route; the narrow road due to the construction of the BRT lane, etc.

These slow traffic have become typical especially in the early hours of the day before noon.

See below photos of typical traffic scenes on Ikorodu road, Lagos.

[img

2 Likes

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by YorubaAssasin: 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

Na those okoro savages dey destroy Lagos and other Yoruba-lands. Their lands must be cursed, I swear. Their Savagery is 2nd to none. You'll see them vandalizing and destroying all newly built infrastructures for spare parts. I swear, civilization is a million years away from those fools. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by olucomf: 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2018
w1sEmAn:
let me help you guys
click this link and make $150 per day http://ofmoney.pw/9344672296991/
stop saying BUHAI BUHARI
Oga Show Ur Payment Datails. No Dey Deceive Ur Self.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by PHIPEX(m): 5:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
It seems Ambode has given up on Lagos traffic. How can an issue with Fadeyi bus stop be allowed to linger for so long with no hope in sight. So much manhours are unnecessarily wasted daily on that road.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by TheAngry1: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2018
Honestly eh, Nigeria dirty o!
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Duru009(m): 5:46pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

Tribalistic bigot like u !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Edge1(m): 5:47pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

The best development the WASTE can give is brown roof. We will continue to comb and brush your kind even though you people will remain dirty but we will keep trying. WE SHALL NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU grin grin

1 Share

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by okeniti: 5:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Waking up at 5AM, leave house at 5:45 so you can catch the bus for around 6:00AM going to Obalende through the Ikorodu Rd (witnessing fights at Fadeyi over N50 to car accidents to traffic on BRT lane to mention some things that happen daily at that time there)...

Just so you can reach the office on the Island before 8 as reaching office after 8 will incur late fine fun ara yin.

Lagos is life or life without Lagos?
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by olawonder(m): 5:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
We need a new commercial city in Nigeria, Lagos has become too hard to beautify; look how trashy everywhere looks - all the paved walkways are not maintained, the road markings are looking very poor and potopoto has filled everywhere! One governor fix today, another governor abandon everything tomorrow!

Was in Kigali, Rwanda recently and trust me you can’t even compare that city with this nonsense we call mega city!
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

Look at this oshogbo cave dweller... We no go hear word because of a former country capital... Rubbish... Go to Abuja and see yorubas there.. Get out

1 Like

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by IbrahimDamola: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2018
YorubaAssasin:

Blame okoro savages for bringing dirt from their villages and jungles in SE. angry

Stop yelling and lamenting. It is the one nigeria our awolowo fought that we enjoying. grin
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Buhari4Hunger: 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
Umartins1:

Traffic on this road is better. Try going to Iyana Ipaja from Oshodi passing through Ikeja Along anytime after 4pm.

Lol. Have you tried going from Yaba to Iyana-Ipaja before? Sometimes I wonder why life can be so unfair and I begin to wonder why I'm a Nigerian anytime I ply that road
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Almaiga: 6:19pm On Nov 15, 2018
naijaguy123456:

[img]https://i./u4e.gif[/img]

Hahahaha you get bad mouth Sha.

The bolded is funny but true.

1 Like

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by CodeBlooded: 6:24pm On Nov 15, 2018
luckygirl02:
Every 5am, Monday to Friday, my husband leave home so he can get to work early. That too, for a meagre pay. I feel so sorry for him everytime. #lifeofagraduateinnigeria.
May God bless his hustle.

1 Like

Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 15, 2018
olawonder:
We need a new commercial city in Nigeria, Lagos has become too hard to beautify; look how trashy everywhere looks - all the paved walkways are not maintained, the road markings are looking very poor and potopoto has filled everywhere! One governor fix today, another governor abandon everything tomorrow!

Was in Kigali, Rwanda recently and trust me you can’t even compare that city with this nonsense we call mega city!
How can you compare capital city of Rwanda to Lagos? Compare Lagos with Butare while Kigali with Abuja
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
sevo:
Which one be before noon??
lol. I still dey find am too
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by daywatcher: 6:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
lastempero:
What do you expect When a country of over 180million is importing all importables through one port when there are other alternatives that can be worked on.the good the bad and the ugly for you.

Spot on.
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by blackboy(m): 6:38pm On Nov 15, 2018
Adek15:
Just came to Lagos for the first time. My observations are:
Lagos is beautiful and at the same time full of slums
Almost everyone in Lagos are mad.. Literally mad
Lagos air is contaminated to a great extent
Bridges and good roads almost everywhere and still the traffic congestion is terrible
The okada people behaves as if they have extra lives somewhere hence, don't value human lives at all

Etc
You are intelligent
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by tenmariner: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
luckygirl02:
Every 5am, Monday to Friday, my husband leave home so he can get to work early. That too, for a meagre pay. I feel so sorry for him everytime. #lifeofagraduateinnigeria.

Before the end of this year, God ll surprise your family in Jesus name..
Re: Before Noon, See How Ikorodu Road, Lagos, Looks Like (PHOTOS) by Ayobami7(m): 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2018
This is my Comment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Street Response to Abuja Covid 19 Lockdown (photos) / Ibeno Bridge: Is This The Longest Bridge In South-South Nigeria? (Video) / Mysterious Facts, Incidents, And Disappearances That Still Remain Unexplained.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.