Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,911 members, 7,838,250 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? (10973 Views)

9 Things No Self-respecting Man Should Ever Do For A Grown Woman / Some Things Involved When A Girl STARTS Revealing Her "Privacy" / Don't Expect A Girl To Take You Serious If Your First Chat Is Anything Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by vescucci(m): 12:58am On Jul 27, 2010
@topic. I don't suppose being morphs us into one and all that crap. Two people are distinctly different. You can revel in the things that you have in common and enjoy your individuality too. I digress. Privacy should not take a beating because you're married to someone. Talk! Do not go snooping around behind your partner's back. Ask him/her about stuff and treat hearsay as hearsay. Leave each other's phones alone. Nothing wrong in knowing each other's passwords but it should never be demanded. Etc.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by http(m): 6:18am On Jul 27, 2010
Touch no evil=See no evil=Think no evil.

There should be privacy in marriage, my wife no wan gree 4 that, but me, i got no time 4 such. cool
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 7:26am On Jul 27, 2010
4llerbuntu:

as usual, they have  come again with the usual bollocks, and am sure a cursory examination will reveal singles and unhappy spouses spouting the tripe

if u cannot understand the difference between privacy and secrecy then too bad, dont worry such stuff is best learnt practically.
the simple truth is that all of you simply have that need/urge to monitor your spouses in the name of openness!!

this is similar to the other thread where someone was asking if his girlfriend should know all his passwords, bank details etc. well i wonder what kinda "happy" marriage u gonna have when your spouse always wonders aloud why u give your mother and siblings or friends any kobo
to make it all simple you pple should just keep a single fone so anyone can call any of u on the same fone, or just bug your fones so the other person can always listen in on your convos.
i remember a guy who used my pc to check his mail once and i was wondering what he was doing for 15 mins, till i saw he was checking his girlfriend's mail, his mails, his girlfriends siblings mail!!!!!! asked how he knew the password, miss girfriend provided them all!! it was so irritating,

if u feel a need or urge to know who your spouse is talking to or what they talking about, then sorry to say u have serious insecurity issues, makes u smile when u remember all those "trust" bollocks u hear pple spout

there is what is known as a private space, every individual has to have it else the relationship will suffer in the long run. its NOT THE SAME AS KEEPING SECRETS, BESIDES IF ARE YOU SAYING I CANNOT EXERCISE MY JUDGMENT TO DECIDE IF TO TELL MY SPOUSE SOMETHING OR TO REFRAIN?

two becomes one, yeah right, y\i guess your wife will be taking the decisions to run your businesses too shey, and decide your investments too abi? lol. u will soon learn firsthand
Need I say you are off track? In fact completely off the topic. Read the very first post again and then re read what you typed.
ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!

The OP was not talking boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. We talking husband and wife and well, if you don't know, there is a GULF of difference between the two.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 27, 2010
4llerbuntu:

as usual, they have  come again with the usual bollocks, and am sure a cursory examination will reveal singles and unhappy spouses spouting the tripe

if u cannot understand the difference between privacy and secrecy then too bad, dont worry such stuff is best learnt practically.
the simple truth is that all of you simply have that need/urge to monitor your spouses in the name of openness!!

this is similar to the other thread where someone was asking if his girlfriend should know all his passwords, bank details etc. well i wonder what kinda "happy" marriage u gonna have when your spouse always wonders aloud why u give your mother and siblings or friends any kobo
to make it all simple you pple should just keep a single fone so anyone can call any of u on the same fone, or just bug your fones so the other person can always listen in on your convos.
i remember a guy who used my pc to check his mail once and i was wondering what he was doing for 15 mins, till i saw he was checking his girlfriend's mail, his mails, his girlfriends siblings mail!!!!!! asked how he knew the password, miss girfriend provided them all!! it was so irritating,

if u feel a need or urge to know who your spouse is talking to or what they talking about, then sorry to say u have serious insecurity issues, makes u smile when u remember all those "trust" bollocks u hear pple spout

there is what is known as a private space, every individual has to have it else the relationship will suffer in the long run. its NOT THE SAME AS KEEPING SECRETS, BESIDES IF ARE YOU SAYING I CANNOT EXERCISE MY JUDGMENT TO DECIDE IF TO TELL MY SPOUSE SOMETHING OR TO REFRAIN?

two becomes one, yeah right, y\i guess your wife will be taking the decisions to run your businesses too shey, and decide your investments too abi? lol. u will soon learn firsthand

COMPLETELY OFF TRACK.

lets recap what OP said: wifey went out, a msg came to her phone and he read it. simple as that!

nothing to do with spying or what not you went on about.

if the phone had rang, any person in a secure relationship would have picked up the call and tell whoever was on the line that their partner is not available right now and that they should call back later or leave a msg. it has nothing to do with spying on them, but rather doing something that you wold expect them to do if YOUR phone rang while you were away.
there IS something wrong if a spouse makes it a requirement that their phone should NEVER BE TOUCHED. this is not privacy, its paranoia.

btw whats wrong with your wifey taking business decisions?! she may not have started the biz but she sure aint dumb enough to make any suggestion/decision and vice versa (unless you married a dumb a$$) or do you actually think that only men build businesses in 9ja and that women dont have biz savvy?!

if wifey makes a smart business decision in regards to YOUR business then i suggest you follow it instead of automatically dismissing it. two smart heads are better than one.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by tEsLim(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2010
Little privacy is required. But it depends on the level openness you both have. For example not everybody can cope with some information. If you have a wife that thinks about how to spend money alone whenever she notice you just got paid etc you will like to hide little of that information fort he better of both of you and the kids. If you work involves meeting a lot of people plus meeting ladies, and your wife is a jealous type.

So I think this thing depends on individual situation. For me privacy is required , we have separate rooms. We rendezvous when we want in my room.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2010
^^^^dont hide money from your partner, communicate with her and make her understand the value of saving rather than spending for spending sake.
if you hide money from her, she will have an extra excuse to spend it when she finds it!
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Clemetal(m): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2010
Where there is trust in any form of relationship, privacy isnt an issue. Thats why getting married to your friend is not negiatiable for a relationship to thrive.[i][/i]
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by marketplace(m): 10:22am On Jul 27, 2010
This is a very interesting topic. There shouldn't be privacy between husband and wife. They are one.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2010
nah i wasnt off point, i only gave the example of the boyfriend/galfriend to butress my point that u pple take this thing too far even at that early stage.

my point is, there is a difference between privacy and secrecy. secrets are bad, privacy essential.

funny thing is, just look at any old couple maybe like ur pop, and ask him mano il mano (warn him not to give u bull) if his wife was so much in his brain, pocket etc to that level, am sure he will educate you.

as for the difference between privacy and secrecy, experience will teach all u properly. besides in interacting with ur mother is there a line between privacy and secrecy? why is your mother not totally tuned into ur matter? at least am assuming u such a good child and dont keep secrets from her in ur mature age so whats the line between what she knows and doesnt know?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 2:20pm On Jul 27, 2010
You are still off point.

What makes you think some of the folks here posting are not married? Certainly they too have ways of dealing with this, yes?

boyfriend/girlfriend thing can be controlled as pe at least you have a valid excuse not to "share" or "divulge" everything.

But in a marriage, what is wrong in you sharing your business views with your wife? What is wrong in you sharing your "privacy" with your wife?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Pharoh: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2010
marketplace:

This is a very interesting topic. There shouldn't be privacy between husband and wife. They are one.

Seems you are confusing privacy with secrecy or does a wife have any valid reason for knowing the password to your personal email?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
Pharoh:

Seems you are confusing privacy with secrecy or does a wife have any valid reason for knowing the password to your personal email?
And what is wrong in your wife having the password to your "personal" e-mail.
And when you say "personal", what do you mean? I assume it's not work related so what is it?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Pharoh: 3:12pm On Jul 27, 2010
FBS:

And what is wrong in your wife having the password to your "personal" e-mail.
And when you say "personal", what do you mean? I assume it's not work related so what is it?

"Personal" to me is any email i have been using from my teenage years up to the present moment and it is not related in anyway to my work email.

It is wrong depending on the reason why she wants access to my personal email, is it for monitoring me or what? She can always have her own personal email if she likes. That's my reason for asking, what does she want to do with my email by having access to it? it's a very simple question.

Or is anything wrong if we both share one email address since privacy should not be an issue in our relationship and forget all these hassles about knowing each others password.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Roliks09: 3:42pm On Jul 27, 2010
Seems the whole privacy thing has been reduced to phones, e-mails,et al. But its more than that. Personally, a lil bit of privacy and not secrecy is needed. Sometyms, u just may not be ready to let someone in on sth, or u prolly tryin 2 protect d person cos of his/her reaction to such. The only thing we all are scared of in any rel. is to discover that the other person's cheatin. Well, once that issue is sorted out, no need 4 checking fones,e.t.c. I personally dislike any1 trying to monitor me or my moves or sth. I've had enough of that from my father and siblings.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2010
@pharoh, i agree with u! atleast.

me n ma x-GF dated each other for good 4ys, n i was d 1 dat bought her d 4on she's using, buh can u believe dat i never for 1's answered anycall dat came in while she wasn't around? y? b'cos, i need to pay her som respect b'cos it's her private 4on. be it relatioship or marraige, d fact is, private is private, and respect is respect! buying ur wife everything doesn't mean u have EVERY access to her lyfe, na lie o, she needs som private n respect, so to men also! dia's 1 igbo word dat say's, "oburo ife ni ne ka nwoke na gwa nwunye ya." (it's not everything dat husband tells his wife!) so, if u ask me, i'll say it boils down on individual. even if i'm married, i won't answer my wife's call, y? b'cos it's her private 4on not mine, so i need to pay her som respect with dat, unless she ask me to! in terms of email id, my wife can be aware of my email password buh, i can only get angry wiv her if she opens my email id without my knowledge. YES! i'll be angry, u know y? if u ask her y she opened it what wil she say? (maybe her response wil be, i just feel.) feel lyk what? is she tryna monitor me or what? when she know's i'm not playing around, chasing other gurls then, y open my email id secretely? if i'm hidding anything from her, i won't tel her my password, buh since i told her my password and she knows d id is my private id n not for both of us den y check on it wen i'm not around? Dat means she's not payin me back d trust i had on her by tellin her my password. it's just lyk telling ur wife your bank account n she went to d bank n withdraw som money without tellin u!

D fact stil remains dat, both partner should be open to each other, buh i'll say it's better to ask b4 u answer his/her call, read his/her text message or check his/her mail box. i think daz a sign of respect!
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2010
^^^Folks, you are getting it wrong. BF/GF aint what we talking about.

So your wife (note: NOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND) knows your bank account number? so what? knowing a bank account number is the same as having access to your account. I know a lot of account numbers but can I withdraw money? shait NO!!!

Besides, haven't you heard of families operating joint accounts? That is why it is a family.

Ok, lets now assume, your wife has access to your account and withdraws money? ehn, what is the big deal? Need I say that it depends on the type of wife you have and what she is spending the money on? If all is well in the family, why would she withdraw money without telling you?

And when you say, private e-mail and it has nothing to do with work? What on earth are you hiding then? That is no privacy, that is SECRECY.

What is wrong in answering your wives/husbands phone calls?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 9:09am On Jul 28, 2010
i used dat as an xample boy, can't u see wia i talked about husband n wife?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 9:10am On Jul 28, 2010
Not a good enough example because there is a GULF of difference between the two boy.
And didn't you see my explanations about husband and wife? We are discussing in the context of the topic.
i.e between husband and wife. capish?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Pharoh: 9:27am On Jul 28, 2010
@Ranoscky . . . I am also in support of you because it all boils down at the end of the day to this question. Why does she need access to my personal email address?

@FBS . . . No one is saying she can't know my email address or account number or even phone number because she might want to email you, text you or pay some kind of money into your account. Some families operate joint accounts but not all and have you ever asked yourself why some families do not have joint accounts?

We are not saying she cannot have access or what so ever but not for the simple reason of monitoring you. Its not about hiding anything but what is her reason of having access to your email? You still have not answered that question. Why does a wife need access to your personal email address?

you can answer if you have been given the permission and there should not be unnecessary interrogation after the phone call.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2010
@FBS, since u have nothing hidding from your wife n gave her your email password, y in mother of god sake must she check it without your knowledge? dat means she doesn't have trust in u den. if i have any hidden agenda, i'll never, i repeat NEVER give her my id password. or, i'll open another email id n giv her d password since i have som skeleton in ma wardrobe on d other id, buh being dat my consience was clear n i gave her my password as a sign of respect, den she has to respect me also by checking my mail when both of us r around n not secretely.

let me correct u on things dat u said, Quote from u: "your wife has access to your account and withdraws money? ehn, what is the big deal?"
listen brov, dia's a big deal. u respected her by giving d access to your account number, so she has to respect u by tellin u b4 she withdraws 1cent from it. what if she withdraws d whole money n ran away, living u behind with d kids? will u say b'cos she's your wife so no need to bother?  

Hear another quote from u: "why would she withdraw money without telling you?"
If she can withdraw money by telling me, den, y answerin my call without asking me 1st? and also, am i a fool for giving her my email password? mind u brov, it's not about secrecy, buh it's all about RESPECT!

*lyk i said b4, it depends on individual, n if u'r d type dat give's dia wife free access to everything, good 4 u!*
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 9:48am On Jul 28, 2010
Pharoh:

@FBS . . . No one is saying she can't know my email address or account number or even phone number because she might want to email you, text you or pay some kind of money into your account. Some families operate joint accounts but not all and have you ever asked yourself why some families do not have joint accounts?

We are not saying she cannot have access or what so ever but not for the simple reason of monitoring you. Its not about hiding anything but what is her reason of having access to your email? You still have not answered that question. Why does a wife need access to your personal email address?

you can answer if you have been given the permission and there should not be unnecessary interrogation after the phone call.
I don't think I ever mentioned a husband monitoring wife and vice versa?
The question is, what is the BIG deal if she knows the password to your e-mail? Why can't she have it? Access to everything? bank account, e-mail and what have you? Why can't she answer my phone?
It is because you already have it at the back of your mind that she wants to monitor you (i.e you have something to hide) that you are against it.
How can you say she is your wife, yet you say she shouldn't have all these?
Don't you think it is boosts your confidence (and in your partner) when you know you have or know something and you can check it any time?
The very idea that she/he has access shows some level of trust. She/he may never even have to check your so called private e-mail.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by FBS: 10:00am On Jul 28, 2010
Ranoscky:

@FBS, since u have nothing hidding from your wife n gave her your email password, y in mother of god sake must she check it without your knowledge? dat means she doesn't have trust in u den. if i have any hidden agenda, i'll never, i repeat NEVER give her my id password. or, i'll open another email id n giv her d password since i have som skeleton in ma wardrobe on d other id, buh being dat my consience was clear n i gave her my password as a sign of respect, den she has to respect me also by checking my mail when both of us r around n not secretely.
Maybe you are reading something else. Where on here did you see me mention such? Read again.
That you gave her your password does not mean she will check behind you. It's nothing but your assumption.

Ranoscky:

let me correct u on things dat u said, Quote from u: "your wife has access to your account and withdraws money? ehn, what is the big deal?"
listen brov, dia's a big deal. u respected her by giving d access to your account number, so she has to respect u by tellin u b4 she withdraws 1cent from it. what if she withdraws d whole money n ran away, living u behind with d kids? will u say b'cos she's your wife so no need to bother?
You quoted one part and left the other? Didn't you see this post?

FBS:

Ok, lets now assume, your wife has access to your account and withdraws money? ehn, what is the big deal? Need I say that it depends on the type of wife you have and what she is spending the money on? If all is well in the family, why would she withdraw money without telling you?
Learn to read and understand and if you don't ask.

Ranoscky:

Hear another quote from u: "why would she withdraw money without telling you?"
Again, read the above. There lies your answer.

Ranoscky:

If she can withdraw money by telling me, den, y answerin my call without asking me 1st? and also, am i a fool for giving her my email password? mind u brov, it's not about secrecy, buh it's all about RESPECT!
Did  you read the OPs first post. I've said it and will repeat, the discuss is in the context of his original message.
Go back and read and you will see what I mean.

Ranoscky:

*lyk i said b4, it depends on individual, n if u'r d type dat give's dia wife free access to everything, good 4 u!*
Yeah right.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2010
When u start living up a life of privacy and secrecy with your spouse, just be rest assured that one day,
someday you would live up carelessly, and would realize that all the time, money and love you have invested
to build up your home has gone down the drain.

Did you not know that when two become one, all problems are solved to a minimal.

Marriage is for two, not one. What are you evening hiding from your spouse self.

Why get married when you are not ready.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 5:13pm On Jul 28, 2010
@FBS

i read n understood each n every down fukkin thing dat u n d @op said aight? i made dat 1st statement dat u replied boldedly based on d examples we wia givin about d privacy stuff n not what u meant aight? to cut it short, d problem is, every man for himself k? for ME, i have nothin to hide from my wife n i won't ask her not to pick up my phone wen im not around, buh d fact is, to show a good sign of RESPECT to your partner, u berrer not!
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by omoba4real: 3:45pm On Nov 07, 2011
Please read this inspiring story about marriage:

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said, I've got something to tell you. She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking. I want a divorce. I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, why?

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me, you are not a man! That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer; she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore. I just pitied her!

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.
She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.
Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

Read the rest of this story here http://soinspiringstories..com/2011/10/marriage.html
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Eiregirl(f): 4:55pm On Nov 07, 2011
Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing . . . . . . . . . . . smiley
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Juiceman3: 2:23pm On Jul 29, 2012
My wife and I recently had an argument because I went in her wallet and grabbed our other bank card to pay a bill. She was mad because I didn't ask her to go in her wallet. It was also 2 am and I was just taking care of some bills cause I couldn't sleep. I told her that I wasn't waking her up for something like that like I'm a child. I'm her husband and I have that right. Now I told her there is no real privacy in marriage. I don't go through her things to snoop, and when i do something it's a fine reason behind it. She claims it's not respectful to just go in her wallet and I don't agree. Im her husband and if it was the other way around i wouldnt care but i take care of the finances so how Am I wrong? Theres no secrets in marriage and trust is very important. It's a stupid thing to argue over and when you think about it what are we really arguing about?
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
In marriage there should be no privacy whatsoever.
If you or your wife thinks there should be privacy
Then you are not ready for marriage.

Now here is a story about a gal and a guy.
This guy has loved this gal with all his heart and he told her everything, even to the tiniest details.
Even with the huge distance within them they still managed to keep things exciting, always looking forward to when they will see each other again.
Then it happened that the guy went for his NYSC, and seeing so many willing gals around him suddenly started feeling he was missing out of the fun. So he decided to catch some fun in his immediate environment.
Suddenly those tiny details he was used to telling his gal friend stopped. He started seeing the need to keep some certain information private.
His level of openness drastically reduced.
Although he was still calling and showing care as normal, but inside of Him he knew that he was doing what was wrong.
Then came a day the gal visited him, and with a calm voice told him "dear I think you are cheating on me" he got angry and requested to know why she would say such, since he felt he was doing everything right by her.
Then with her usual calm voice she replied, its just like I don't know u anymore. The guy was startled and managed to say, "but nothing has changed" then she said those little things u used to tell me made me feel safe with you. You made me feel like I was part of you when u didn't hide anything from me. But these days u seem like a stranger to me.

Most times the need to have some privacy simply shows that we are not yet ready to fully let someone into our lives.
Although the case scenario doesn't match a husband and wife issue, what I am trying to point out is that, in marriage there is no me........ Untill u learn to sacrifice self, u are not guaranteed of happiness.
That is why u must be careful of your choice of a life partner.
Even in boy/gal relationships, openness should be encouraged. But I guess with so much to hide these days, everyone is hiding under the guise of "respecting privacy"
My gf has exclusive right to my phone, and she checks when she feels like. And personally I don't mind her checking.
If I don't want her seeing anything I simply delete it. Its that simple.
My wife will have all passwords except work related.
And that is because I have an agreement with my employer not to divulge it.
She would know all pins and security codes. As needed.
I see no reason to hide anything as I plan on establishing proper communication at all times.
If I can't be totally open to her, then she is not fit to be my wife. She is like my second half. Without her I simply don't exist. That's just the way I see my future wife.
Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2012
as a man, be open to ur wife wit wisdom.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by MrsChima(f): 12:39am On Jul 30, 2012
SMH@many of the dumb arse comments on this thread....I can tell single people wrote that bullshit.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:47am On Jul 30, 2012
Dvampire: Sometime ago, a friend of mine visited me. My wife had gone out to a nearby shop to buy something. Moments later, a text message was delivered to my wife's phone. My wife left her phone at home. I casually picked up the phone and read the message. I noticed the look of surprise on my friend's face. He told me that he and his wife don't read each others mails, don't divulge passwords, and stuff like that; reason being that they want to respect each others privacy.
Now the question is should certain things be kept from your spouse all in the name of respecting privacy or is there wisdom in allowing your spouse free entry and exit as far as these delicate things are concerned?
No there is no such thing as respecting privacy in marriage, why? because marriage is a union. When a husband and a wife come together the both of them shall become one. So A husband should never keep anything from his wife, and a wife should never keep anything from her husband. That is why i say it is easier to marry your bestfriend, because then it wouldn't be difficult to share things with he/she.
Re: Is There Anything Like 'respecting Privacy' In Marriage? by Ranoscky(m): 1:06am On Jul 30, 2012
WTH r u lukin for, in her phone? Y bein suspicious? Y boda ova notin? If dat msg was sent by MTN, remindin her dat her acct bal is 0, I bet, d nxt tin u'd do was to drop it like its hot (Lol. kiddin).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Let's Discuss!!!! What's Your Fear About Your Current Relationship / . / Have You Eaten? A Question Asked By Females Does It Mean Anything!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.