Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Price of rice remains stable in Enugu - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Price of rice remains stable in Enugu (17833 Views)

How Much For A Bag Of Rice In Your Area / Why Ofada Rice Remains The Best Rice To Eat / I Bought A Bag Of Rice From Thailand In Lagos Today (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by martowskin1(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:
Slow and steady wins the race

Thunder wey go fire PDPigz dey warm up

Why are u guys so dumb, did u even watch the interview? Una go just dey follow follow like watin I no know, u guys have lost ur sense of reasoning because of APC and PDP..

What he said is to make it public not to sell to a particular individual
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by dreamwords: 9:19am On Nov 18, 2018
Realname:
Vote out buhari next year and things will change
grin

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by tekknow727: 9:24am On Nov 18, 2018
Imagine the APC insult, a 50 kg bag of imported rice that we used to #8,000 before may 2915 is now #18,000 and some people now telling us that the price is stable.who did this to us?

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2018
bigpicture001:
...mumu, it is called " privatization " go study good courses in school to gain knowledge, you refused..instead you prefer theater art nd now you come here to show the world your huge ignorance!!!!! plz read books. ( I don't mean mills and boons).. read textbooks!!!!!!!

You are simply M.A.D, I studied finance for ur info, Atiku's own is not privatisation but enslavement, he would sell NNPC to himself....If u read books and u don't belong to shawarma generation u will know who Atiku is.....ask the elders around u what Atiku did to our national assets as a VP.....son of a b.i.t.c.h

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by Arthurity1(m): 9:26am On Nov 18, 2018
Stocking:

Igbos are easy to spot on Nairaland these days
Yes... Just as tribal bigots like yourself are.
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

I thought you people promised change

You are now comparing Buhari to another failure..

You said it yourself... Buhari is a failure

There is no change afterall

Buhari is not a failure and he is definitely better than All PDPigz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 9:28am On Nov 18, 2018
martowskin1:

Why are u guys so dumb, did u even watch the interview? Una go just dey follow follow like watin I no know, u guys have lost ur sense of reasoning because of APC and PDP..

What he said is to make it public not to sell to a particular individual

He said he would sell 90%, stop being stupid..megalomaniac

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by roscoleefad: 9:29am On Nov 18, 2018
Yyeske:
How much did GEJ meet it? Lie as much as you want, prices have been stable for some time except you don't visit the market or have anyone close to you who does.
u need help ur brain is not working,a bag of rice was 6800 to 7000,during GEJbut now 18000 to 18500 and u call it stable may almighty turn ur life like this with no value,may ur blood pressure rise as d price of rice go up during buhari

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by Topmaike007(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2018
bigpicture001:
...mumu, it is called " privatization " go study good courses in school to gain knowledge, you refused..instead you prefer theater art nd now you come here to show the world your huge ignorance!!!!! plz read books. ( I don't mean mills and boons).. read textbooks!!!!!!!
so after privatization what is our gain... since when Atiku and Obj privatized NEPA,av Nigeria Seen Constant light?oga Atiku dey score own goal,av you forgotten how Apc won Kwara Yesterday that is how PMB will win next year..

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by abbeyty(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2018
So, the N30,000 minimum wage cannot buy two bags of rice.
This is the salary of one of a special assistants in Ekiti state from 2007-2009

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by Vic74real: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2018
Stable, at how much? u guys are bunch of jokers. in 2015 rice was 8,000 naira. it's insulting that a govt that has performed so abysmally wld often give d impression that they hv done such great things. we know where we were 3-4yrs ago. the saddest part is that they don't seem to hv ideas on improving things. instead, they apportion so much blame. there is no sign that things are improving nor wld improve

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by RTSC: 9:45am On Nov 18, 2018
Bede2u:
the way yorubas campaign for buhari will make most undecided southerners hate him
This is the first time they are not playing opposition politics since 1999.

They obviously can't manage the temporary sunshine.
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2018
The price of local rice is #11k-#12k for 50kg bag
While that of foreign is #18k-#18k5.

Did you read that in the article?

Less than a year ago, rice sold above these prices.
diebuhari1:
With such high and unaffordable prices?
This is not the kind of stability we need.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by HeyCorleone(m): 9:48am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:
Slow and steady wins the race

Thunder wey go fire PDPigz dey warm up

How much were things under PDP's corrupt reign compared to the integrity we're enjoying now?

It's depressing how the black man feels a hallmark for economic growth is abject poverty, inflation, unemployment and recession.
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 9:52am On Nov 18, 2018
#8k for foreign rice both good and bad flooded our markets but no room for local rice, fast forward to now, a ban was placed on foreign rice which gave room to local rice to strive. Now local rice is more affordable opening up more rooms for local farmers to make money and in turn get their standard of living up and good.

You people think angels will come and build your nation for you. You want a good country but not ready to go through the pain of transition. Buhari you so hate is loved by rice farmers and other agricultural business men.

All developed countries looked inward and paid the painful price. Same is what must be done here to ever grow.
Vic74real:
Stable, at how much? u guys are bunch of jokers. in 2015 rice was 8,000 naira. it's insulting that a govt that has performed so abysmally wld often give d impression that they hv done such great things. we know where we were 3-4yrs ago. the saddest part is that they don't seem to hv ideas on improving things. instead, they apportion so much blame. there is no sign that things are improving nor wld improve

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 9:53am On Nov 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Here in Lagos, it's N20,000, N22,000 undecided as against Goodluck Jonathan's N8000 retail price for 50kg

Agricultural sector is booming!

Buhari is working undecided

Stop lying, no where in Nigeria is rice sold for 20-22k or is the rice made of diamond?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2018
Tradermoni cash is not for buying bag of rice!
gurunlocker:
That means TraderMoni cash can't even buy 50kg of rice... shocked

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by Nigga679(m): 9:55am On Nov 18, 2018
Wiseandtrue:
Here in Lagos, it's N20,000, N22,000 undecided as against Goodluck Jonathan's N8000 retail price for 50kg

Agricultural sector is booming!

Buhari is working undecided
In as much as I disliked Buhari's government, and being in anticipation to see Nigerians ouster apc coz of suffering in d land. Yet, I won't fail to say what's reality. Bag of rice is not sold for #20,000 or #22,000 as you've alleged, stop ur exaggeration. Rice is sold for btwn #13,500 and #14,000 per bag, and it's not stable. Sometimes it could be lesser, like sold for #12,500 or #13,000 even. Plz always get ur fact before coming on a public platform as this to gibberish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 9:56am On Nov 18, 2018
HeyCorleone:

How much were things under PDP's corrupt reign compared to the integrity we're enjoying now?

It's depressing how the black man feels a hallmark for economic growth is abject poverty, inflation, unemployment and recession.

How much were those things before PDP came into power in1999?

A litre of kerosene was selling at the rate of #25, PDP left it @ #130

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by greenthangz: 9:58am On Nov 18, 2018
did i just see the word "imported" ??
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 10:00am On Nov 18, 2018
Due to the recession then,most foreign goods increased (exchange rate) but as we moved out of recession, a ban was placed on foreign (some) goods to pave way for local farmers. Foreign rice remained expensive abeit little drop due to the fact that it's expensive to smuggle in based on the ban. Hope you understand now?

What we should be targeting is the price of local rice further reducing from the current price to like #6k-#8k from #11k-#14k. It's just a matter of time.
tekknow727:
Imagine the APC insult, a 50 kg bag of imported rice that we used to #8,000 before may 2915 is now #18,000 and some people now telling us that the price is stable.who did this to us?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 10:03am On Nov 18, 2018
GEJ rice #6800? Why not #2k? Remember they were also foreign with no room for local rice?
roscoleefad:
u need help ur brain is not working,a bag of rice was 6800 to 7000,during GEJbut now 18000 to 18500 and u call it stable may almighty turn ur life like this with no value,may ur blood pressure rise as d price of rice go up during buhari

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by HeyCorleone(m): 10:03am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:

How much were those things before PDP came into power in1999?

A litre of kerosene was selling at the rate of #25, PDP left it @ #130

That's under a space of 16 years, right?

Taking into note the many economic crisis both global and local that occurred during the year under review.

APC has been around for just 3 years and things are getting expensive as heck everyday. A bottle of coke that was N50 in 2015 is now N100 today. How can one afford it when there's no increment in salary? Virtually everything is expensive as a result of thoughtless and ill-conceived economic policies which are only present because a greater part of the populace are intellectually redundant and don't understand the workings of government.

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 10:15am On Nov 18, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Taking into note the many economic crisis both global and local that occurred during the year under review.

APC has been around for just 3 years and things are getting expensive as heck everyday. A bottle of coke that was N50 in 2015 is now N100 today. How can one afford it when there's no increment in salary? Virtually everything is expensive as a result of thoughtless and ill-conceived economic policies which are only present because a greater part of the populace are intellectually redundant and don't understand the workings of government.

Coke was not selling at the rate of #50, it was #70, the same coke was selling at the rate of #10 or thereabout before PDP

Moreover, economic meltdown occured once under PDP, I remember the warnings of Professor Soludo, Dr. Iweala and Sanusi Lamido back then that we might slid into recession with the way GEJ was handling the economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by HeyCorleone(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:

Coke was not selling at the rate of #50, it was #70, the same coke was selling at the rate of #10 or thereabout before PDP

Moreover, economic meltdown occured once under PDP, I remember the warnings of Professor Soludo, Dr. Iweala and Sanusi Lamido back then that we might slid into recession with the way GEJ was handling the economy

Smh. what are you saying?

I bought coke for N50 in Lagos, and here in Benin. 2015 here. I can give you so many products that have doubled and even tripled their amount.

Yes a recession was imminent, no lies. The main crux was how to handle the recession. It goes beyond all reasonable doubt that the PDP led government would have handled it better. The country wouldn't be witnessing the current stagflation it's under.

Moreover I have a question for your sorts, the staunch Buharideens. Baba said subsidy is a fraud and whoever is subsidising anything is lying. Okay. Our corrupt PDP government left office with the pump price of fuel at N87 plus subsidy. Initially it was to be N141 without subsidy but protests took place without skirmishes, as it is wont to be in a democratic government. But your lord came into power, increased the pump price of fuel, and is still also paying subsidy and you all hailed him. The question is did subsidy stop being a fraud overnight?
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by Albinoflash(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2018
somehow:

Stop lying, no where in Nigeria is rice sold for 20-22k or is the rice made of diamond?
bros in delta i bought #21,500 last week,so he is right

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 10:31am On Nov 18, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Smh. what are you saying?

I bought coke for N50 in Lagos, and here in Benin. 2015 here. I can give you so many products that have doubled and even tripled their amount.

Yes a recession was imminent, no lies. The main crux was how to handle the recession. It goes beyond all reasonable doubt that the PDP led government would have handled it better. The country wouldn't be witnessing the current stagflation it's under.

Moreover I have a question for your sorts, the staunch Buharideens. Baba said subsidy is a fraud and whoever is subsidising anything is lying. Okay. Our corrupt PDP government left office with the pump price of fuel at N87 plus subsidy. Initially it was to be N141 without subsidy but protests took place without skirmishes, as it is wont to be in a democratic government. But your lord came into power, increased the pump price of fuel, and is still also paying subsidy and you all hailed him. The question is did subsidy stop being a fraud overnight?

We just came out of recession which was caused as a result of PDP's maladministration for 16 years, do you expect the 16 years filth to be cleared in 4 years?

I reside here in Lagos and a bottle of coke didn't sell at the rate of #50 in 2015, stop lying

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by HeyCorleone(m): 10:38am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:

We just came out of recession which was caused as a result of PDP's maladministration for 16 years, do you expect the 16 years filth to be cleared in 4 years?

I reside here in Lagos and a bottle of coke didn't sell at the rate of #50 in 2015, stop lying

Obviously your knowledge of economics is very minuscule. You don't know much about recessions and its causes. It's possible you never heard of recession before Bubu came into power. Recession has more causes than maladministration. Look it up.

And I don't understand why I'm arguing the coke thing with you. Let's agree for the sakes of argument that it was Indeed "N70". But is 3 years enough for it to add N30? If indeed Bubu was working things should be relatively cheap now ey? Or how do you expect people who got 10k trader money to survive?

Besides you're still yet to answer the subsidy question.

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2018
Then you were duped! You can't tell me that's how much they sell rice everywhere in Delta
Albinoflash:
bros in delta i bought #21,500 last week,so he is right

1 Like

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by quickberry3(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2018
HeyCorleone:

Obviously your knowledge of economics is very minuscule. You don't know much about recessions and its causes. It's possible you never heard of recession before Bubu came into power. Recession has more causes than maladministration. Look it up.

And I don't understand why I'm arguing the coke thing with you. Let's agree for the sakes of argument that it was Indeed "N70". But is 3 years enough for it to add N30? If indeed Bubu was working things should be relatively cheap now ey? Or how do you expect people who got 10k trader money to survive?

Besides you're still yet to answer the subsidy question.

Which course did you study? If you truly have knowledge of economics, u will know that recession can't occur within that short period if truly ur PDP performed such wonders you are talking about.

Moreover, GEJ was already borrowing to pay salaries as at 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by martowskin1(m): 10:44am On Nov 18, 2018
quickberry3:

He said he would sell 90%, stop being stupid..megalomaniac

Nigeria is finish, see as social media just dey confuse our People, all u guys see is SELL.(no body feat find out how is he going to sell it)

I beg I give up for this dead nation....
Re: Price of rice remains stable in Enugu by somehow: 10:45am On Nov 18, 2018
And under that 16 years, recession didn't show face until GEJ cooked the economy which later manifested in 2015.
HeyCorleone:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peak Milk To Celebrate National Breakfast Week, World Milk Day In Style / Kilishi, Balangu Or Suya? / Recipes For Some Igbo Soups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.