Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (297765 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by emeijeh(m): 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2018
oloyolo:
19 although am broke asf right now, am 23.

mine was multiple millions I made it from bitcoin, software and domain names.

one guy from nairaland here introduced me to bitcoin back then (for free ) he was giving one eBook like that.

I learned a few thing from his book,but being the mad man that I was, I discovered a way to tipple my result and boom I was raking in bitcoin like craze.

then I hooked up with this Chinese girl on Facebook we started swaping ideas before you know it I had about 20 bitcoin. at then one bitcoin was about 200$ then some crazy sh** happend bitcoin went from 200$ to about 1000$.

I cashed out. dude, I was fucking rich. but as you already know 19years and millions are not a healthy combination.

I basically thought I was the next bill gate. it funny how success leads to success then to more success, then to a huge failure. me and my best friends, we were living lavish.

again some one from this same nairaland sold an eBook about domain name buying and selling to me.

I started trying to buy domain name, but wasn't making much (like 500$ per month) 500$ didn't mean much to me back then.

then I stumbled upon this white guy, he was also a domain name trader, he was teaching people how to buy and sell domain and software on flippa. although his course was expensive about 800$ I bought it, then I also bought a 1000$ course on digital marketing. after the taking those courses I lunched out on my own, I bought a bunch of domain names and about 4 softwares.

most of the domain name didn't sell well some didn't sell atall but 3 sold for a wopping some of 15000$ combined.

it is funny how lots of people say money can't change them I was one of those guys. but trust me after this second win, I was sure I was going to be up there with mark zuckarburg some day.

then something crazy happened, one of my 4 software gained like 3million active users. turned out the original owner of the software was from isereal, and his research was on point, isreali market really needed the software, but the guy was marketing and trying to monitize it the wrong way.

by accident I got it just right the software began marketing it self and before you know it a giant iseareli company asked me to sell it to them.

being young and dumb I didn't know how to monitize it so when I saw who was willing to pay, bam I sold it. I made a mistake though, I should have let them name a price or at least named an unrealistic price but silly me I asked for what I thought was a fair price 100000$.

they did what every good business men would do they bargained for a lower price 70k$.

I agreed bam this time even GOD couldn't stop me I was mega rich.

but like what my mentors always say when there is to much supply of money, it begins to flow to unnecessary places. I blew all the money, although most were on other ventures that later failed.

yea I spent good money on lavish lifestyle , but I wasn't that stupid, most of my money actually went into other businesses and investment but I was young and stupid so I paid for it .

I walked away with lot of experiential knowledge. at this point in my life I am trying to gain momentum again and GOD know that when I do, I'm never stopping, I'm not saying I have learned everything there is to learn, I'm saying that i have learned to do less stupid things than most people and I still think am going to be up there with the big boys although I don't want to be famous like them I don't want to be on any list.

Why can't you bounce back?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Grupo(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ugosample:

I'd advice you as my brother to diversify a little bit.

You can start by buying lands from reputable estates or companies (like adron for example) . They have a system in which you can deposit a certain amount every month, and by say one year or two years, the land become yours
you then work out the legal papers and voila, it's your land

You could also open a stock brokerage account and be dumping like say 50k there a month sha, or something small you know you can overlook
buying sound stocks over time will yield you cash flow that you did not lift a finger to earn

You could also look for fund managers as well (equity fund managers)
though this one is more risky

In all, make sure you make some guided investments (diversify a lil bit, land, T-bills, Stocks and equity fund management) And you will be getting torrents of cash flows from different sources well into old age

best of luck

Thanks so much for this. I already bought some tbills. And I'm also considering stocks too. But I think it has a steep learning curve. I'll still take some time to learn about it.

Thanks again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
python2gbera:

Interestingly, babes can now activate the reply button on their PM. NL dudes ain't broke afterall. Babes could sigh a relief.

Python2
dont mind the daft girls. You cant blame them. Most of them have never earned 50k legitimately before so they assume it is the same with everyone they meet. Any girls yapping about broke guys here only exposes her level. It is a sign she is a rock crawler surrounded by broke guys

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Obidikejr(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
DDGN:

Send me your account number.
As much as I'm tempted to ask for money, my other half wants more... A route to make mine. Plz can I dm you on WhatsApp? Or if you can reach me too
0-7-0-1-4-3-6-8-8-9-6. Blessings.

-give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day, teach a to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime.

Thanks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by gabrielto(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
DDGN:
2015. N1.5M to be exact, and since then there have been no turning back. Between 2015 and now I have made over N180 million. Ten years ago if anyone had said I'll ever see a million I would have laughed that person off. 15 years ago I was walking round Festac Town, sometimes barefooted selling vegetables (shokor) and okra. When the season comes I sell corn..With a trey over my head walking round Festac shouting "BUY SHOKOR". It's the most humiliating thing that can ever befall any on in secondary school as I get to see most of my classmates..girls included. I once saw a classmate and nearly ran for cover, unfortunately the trey fell on the road, and right there I had to stop and picking back the items one by one lol.

The day Nigeria played South Africa in the semi final at the Ghana Nigeria 2002 Nations Cup I wasn't even allowed to see the game. I had to go Kiri. Then, as timaya said " I dey on my own Jehovah just bless me o". God took me from rags, the bottom of the food chain in the family, the most despised and hated, God took me from that to become the richest person in the history of my family. Anyone who doubts the existence of God and his propensity to fight for and bless the underdog, the oppressed, is doing himself a major disservice. I have experienced first hand how God works. It's incredible.
sir help a brother out I'm in need
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Sorry for sending same message repeatedly. Just trying to make sure I reply my mentions. Trying to show some few youths the legit ways of making money online. We tell it as it is and only those with burning passion will be selected because we are not here to sugar coat things to collect your money.

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by femmix112(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Halifaxguy:
I'm in my early thirties, I make more than 1.2 million naira every month. But I feel the money is not enough for me due to my extravagant lifestyles. I wish I can cut down on some of my lifestyles. Btw, I am Full Stack Web Developer, plus I have a skill in digital analytics using (Google Analytics).

bros please help ur boy i knw a bit of this too
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
pocohantas will never state that. grin
i am just observing a lot of them quietly. Useless people

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by FruitCakes(f): 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
Maxcoded:

It's the writing niche, those days when the niche is not so saturated as it is now

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2018
victorian:
26, through fashion design.

I was so happy. Jonathan's Regime, was so good. I made so much money and people had to spend as well. It was a great Regime for me.
I'm a fashion designer too. Though just striking out. Just graduated. Can we chat on WhatsApp please?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by kehindetokode: 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
Thank you
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by AHCB: 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
dont mind the daft girls. You cant blame them. Most of them have never earned 50k legitimately before so they assume it is the same with everyone they meet. Any girls yapping about broke guys here only exposes her level. It is a sign she is a rock crawler surrounded by broke guys
LMAO to think one quickly ascribe being broke to guys in Romance section when we know the girls there are actually more broke than the guys. grin

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 18, 2018
victorian:
26, through fashion design.

I was so happy. Jonathan's Regime, was so good. I made so much money and people had to spend as well. It was a great Regime for me.
Thanks
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Grupo(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
Meklex:
bro. Same here o. How does treasury bills work?

You just invest your money and they pay you interest upfront. But the interest doesn't make sense o. Imagine investing 4m and earning interest of 500 and something thousand in a year. That doesn't make sense but it is still better than leaving your money lying fallow in your bank account.

There is a thread here on nairaland about treasury bills. That was where I learnt everything I know about it. Just read the first 5 or 10 pages and then follow the page to read recent posts. You will learn a lot.

https://www.nairaland.com/878880/treasury-bills-nigeria

12 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by IghravweIG(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
This is one of the most inspiring thread i have witness in a long while.

Whoever created this, I say thank you.
You may not really fancy what you have done, but by this thread you have awoken the giant in us to keep hustling. Till we are made.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by ibietela2(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
I think 22 to 24 not sure
Blogging
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by AHCB: 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
i am just observing a lot of them quietly. Useless people
the hungry wey dey worry them eh, no be here oh.

I know many will search this thread later and place search light on the guys who have millions in there account. grin

4 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ajiswaggs(m): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
I'm going to make somebody a millionaire this night. If you have less than #10 in you account. Send me your account number accompanied with the screenshot of your balance sad
sir..bless me also

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
DDGN:
2015. N1.5M to be exact, and since then there have been no turning back. Between 2015 and now I have made over N180 million. Ten years ago if anyone had said I'll ever see a million I would have laughed that person off. 15 years ago I was walking round Festac Town, sometimes barefooted selling vegetables (shokor) and okra. When the season comes I sell corn..With a trey over my head walking round Festac shouting "BUY SHOKOR". It's the most humiliating thing that can ever befall any on in secondary school as I get to see most of my classmates..girls included. I once saw a classmate and nearly ran for cover, unfortunately the trey fell on the road, and right there I had to stop and picking back the items one by one lol.

The day Nigeria played South Africa in the semi final at the Ghana Nigeria 2002 Nations Cup I wasn't even allowed to see the game. I had to go Kiri. Then, as timaya said " I dey on my own Jehovah just bless me o". God took me from rags, the bottom of the food chain in the family, the most despised and hated, God took me from that to become the richest person in the history of my family. Anyone who doubts the existence of God and his propensity to fight for and bless the underdog, the oppressed, is doing himself a major disservice. I have experienced first hand how God works. It's incredible.
ogbeni shut the fvck up. I have not made 20million as profit ever but at the same time you are talking trash. Tell us how exactly you made your money and stop shouting god here. Did god throw the money to you from heaven? And some daft people are liking the useless post. You have told us how bad things were, it is not a miracle, you must have worked hard and had some luck on your side legitimately or illegitimately . Just tell us how it happened

https://www.nairaland.com/4853587/what-worst-business-investment-how

Share your experience on your worst business decision here.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by leeking(m): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
I'm going to make somebody a millionaire this night. If you have less than #10 in you account. Send me your account number accompanied with the screenshot of your balance sad
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
the hungry wey dey worry them eh, no be here oh.

I know many will search this thread later and place search light on the guys who have millions in there account. grin
exactly. Instead of them to read this thread and learn, they will open it looking for guys to hookup with.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Truth801(m): 11:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
story

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ray07:
nice one man . . . have you tried shopify?
i have a friend on facebook who made $1mill in one month.
can you teach me,? abg.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Yemluvkid(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
baba pls help me
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by youngvc1: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
DDGN:

Send me your account number.
Help my life too, a student of Architecture, School has resumed, no money to buy materials.
Access bank
Thank you sir
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
if you are serious, dont hand over money to a fool. Instead of asking for their account balance why not give it to those who are ready to work and build the money. It is your money but think about it.

7 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Obidikejr(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Fuhrerfran6:
24....made it this year from freelance writing on up work...actually made close to 5 million if not for family problem and fenjo grin
Plz can I dm you on WhatsApp? Or if you can reach me too
0-7-0-1-4-3-6-8-8-9-6. Blessings.

-give a man a fish and you've fed him for a day, teach a to fish and you've fed him for a lifetime.

Thanks
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by AHCB: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
exactly. Instead of them to read this thread and learn, they will open it looking for guys to hookup with.
na hook up be there own na, notin dem sabi.

Girl wey broke go dey call boy wey get money pass am broke. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Obidikejr(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
oloyolo:
19 although am broke asf right now, am 23.

mine was multiple millions I made it from bitcoin, software and domain names.

one guy from nairaland here introduced me to bitcoin back then (for free ) he was giving one eBook like that.

I learned a few thing from his book,but being the mad man that I was, I discovered a way to tipple my result and boom I was raking in bitcoin like craze.

then I hooked up with this Chinese girl on Facebook we started swaping ideas before you know it I had about 20 bitcoin. at then one bitcoin was about 200$ then some crazy sh** happend bitcoin went from 200$ to about 1000$.

I cashed out. dude, I was fucking rich. but as you already know 19years and millions are not a healthy combination.

I basically thought I was the next bill gate. it funny how success leads to success then to more success, then to a huge failure. me and my best friends, we were living lavish.

again some one from this same nairaland sold an eBook about domain name buying and selling to me.

I started trying to buy domain name, but wasn't making much (like 500$ per month) 500$ didn't mean much to me back then.

then I stumbled upon this white guy, he was also a domain name trader, he was teaching people how to buy and sell domain and software on flippa. although his course was expensive about 800$ I bought it, then I also bought a 1000$ course on digital marketing. after the taking those courses I lunched out on my own, I bought a bunch of domain names and about 4 softwares.

most of the domain name didn't sell well some didn't sell atall but 3 sold for a wopping some of 15000$ combined.

it is funny how lots of people say money can't change them I was one of those guys. but trust me after this second win, I was sure I was going to be up there with mark zuckarburg some day.

then something crazy happened, one of my 4 software gained like 3million active users. turned out the original owner of the software was from isereal, and his research was on point, isreali market really needed the software, but the guy was marketing and trying to monitize it the wrong way.

by accident I got it just right the software began marketing it self and before you know it a giant iseareli company asked me to sell it to them.

being young and dumb I didn't know how to monitize it so when I saw who was willing to pay, bam I sold it. I made a mistake though, I should have let them name a price or at least named an unrealistic price but silly me I asked for what I thought was a fair price 100000$.

they did what every good business men would do they bargained for a lower price 70k$.

I agreed bam this time even GOD couldn't stop me I was mega rich.

but like what my mentors always say when there is to much supply of money, it begins to flow to unnecessary places. I blew all the money, although most were on other ventures that later failed.

yea I spent good money on lavish lifestyle , but I wasn't that stupid, most of my money actually went into other businesses and investment but I was young and stupid so I paid for it .

I walked away with lot of experiential knowledge. at this point in my life I am trying to gain momentum again and GOD know that when I do, I'm never stopping, I'm not saying I have learned everything there is to learn, I'm saying that i have learned to do less stupid things than most people and I still think am going to be up there with the big boys although I don't want to be famous like them I don't want to be on any list.

Bro can't you start again? From scratch its hard but look at Trump and Buffet ...both lost huge chunk of cash but later became immortals

3 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by IrokoOluwere: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
pedrilo:
from comments so far, i noticed;
1. GEJ regime was a blessing to many youths in this country who did nothing to protect the regime that gave them so much opportunities to excel
2. Most girls do not have hustling spirit, they r laid back with open arms waiting for men to rescue them from poverty
What stupid GEJ regime?
A ton of people here have been mentioning last year and two years ago !

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by kehindetokode: 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
Thank you... It's better you teach young folks how to make it.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Generalkorex(m): 11:03pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
I am not easily moved but this is something really!
your moniker remind me of 3 idiots

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (137) (Reply)

How To Buy In 1688.com Chinese Store To Nigeria Yourself Without Agents Help / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.