Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,860 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (297735 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by olujastro: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
The10thMan:

Olujastro

You can get the recommended book here:

[url]http://www.untag-smd.ac.id/files/Perpustakaan_Digital_1/FINANCE%20The%207%20deadly%20sins%20of%20investing%20%20how%20to%20conquer%20your%20worst%20impulses%20and%20save%20your%20financia.pdf[/url]

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by anuanu(m): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
Adeevah:

Invested 600k in 2012.... I got my first million in the same year @22
On 30th milli nw
jeez! interesting
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
Heineken:
thanks bro. I haven't really earned anything in the past. I served 2014 and immediately I got one teaching job then paying 16k In 2015. But the owner private school woman later said we without education qualifications should leave. Since then nothing bro. It's really sad. I've been applying for jobs but I don't understand how God is doing he's things. Am so perplexed. Am in Abuja bro...
so you dont have any skills? What can you do?

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by concho(m): 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
Austine567:
CAN you pls elaborate more about this book the richest man in babylon? i have been hearing about the book .
Nigerians self . Go buy the book nah. av read it 25 times n nothing to elaborate. You need someone to elaborate a few paged book for you. Which means u will be needing a whole village to help u elaborate ur first 1m

15 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ranchhoddas: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2018
atikulated2019:

where is raju
remember when his father was ill and his mom was using stick used in making snacks for raju and his friends,,also using same stick scratching raju sick dads back
I died in laughter
Yeah I remember everything. Must have watched that movie like a hundred times.

"Eczema Roti"
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Heineken(m): 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
so you dont have any skills? What can you do?
I appreciate man. Am a graduate of Mass Communication. Am a good computer literate and knows how well to use a camera. I have a very good photography skills. I edit too.. Very well. Photo editing and all
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by dbestuncle: 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

It didn't come once...

But those little babies made by several investments paid off...

I play safe, which made my financial babies come in little by little.

But after expansion, it was easy going from 1 to 2.
I am impressed by the truth u shared about online Biz. thanks for letting us know its not a lazy way of making money
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by emeijeh(m): 11:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
nineone:
I can put you through. I trade forex, affiliate and digital marketing, drop shipping and mini importation and a few others. All these businesses have a high learning curve or either take a long time to start yielding incomes. They require that you have another source of income while you learn. If youre still interested after knowing that it's not a get rich quick scheme, indicate below and we can get started.
I am interested.
Please where do we start from ?

Thanks boss
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by atikulated2019: 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Yeah I remember everything. Must have watched that movie like a hundred times.

"Eczema Roti"
Hahahaha So emotional and yet Funny and educating,,, I always hold my tears but I can actually watch that movie 5 times each day then without blinking an eye
Been months last watched the movie
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by wilsonm(m): 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
wow shocked please sir I also need a job............
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2018
Woah!
This is amazing..
Don't we have female millionaires on Nairaland?

Can't find their comments...

Well, I made my first 250k when I was 16

Expenses won't allow me save o..

I'll hit 1M very soon..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by emeijeh(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ray07:
nice one man . . . have you tried shopify?
i have a friend on facebook who made $1mill in one month.

Are you for real?!
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Sapeleboy911(m): 11:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
AHCB:
I won't be surprise this thread will transform into a thread for beggars very soon.

Like seriously you took those words from my mouth. Lots of leverage and, mentorship opportunities are being created here. And all, some do is beg for money.
Even if you beg money from now till Jericho your money problems will not be over. But, if you beg for mentorship and tutoring then you are on your way to prosperity. Let's stop this begging please.
I myself I'm not a millionaire yet, but with good mentoring( which I'm seeing here) and a dedicated heart to learn I will get there.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by MrKong: 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Somebody that know me outside nairaland mentioned me in the confinement of a thread and reason something with me which I think he's right about. Therefore I've decided to not do so again through his own suggestion not to throw a million at someone who wouldn't know how hard it is to make it. To those who went and edit their bank statement, una well done. If you put that effort in something productive I'm sure you'll come sing here by first quarter of next year.

Blessed are those who know the path and follow it - Mrkong

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Generalkorex(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
The10thMan:
Was 26.

Graduated school in 2004. Then applied for various jobs. Any that was available. I needed seed capital for my dream. I recall trekking Trans Amadi in PH dropping CVs to companies. Many oil and gas servicing firms. I even went to Primary and Secondary Schools to look for teaching jobs. Come see shakara untop my 4.01 Second Class Upper. cheesy But I couldn't be bothered. I knew I needed to get a job first, then raise seed capital even if I wanted to start a business. Background was humble and family was just managing. Wrote various aptitude tests for banks like Intercontinental, other banks, Freisland, Diageo, LNG, etc. and another one with an Oil and Gas Agency. First Job was with a bank. Old Generation Bank still existing today. Got a job as a Banking Assistant Graduate Trainee. Went to Lagos for 1 month training and posted to the Eastern Part of Nigeria. While in the bank in 2007, the Oil and Gas Agency finally called. Their recruitment took super long. Left First Bank like crazy. Salary in the Bank was 59,000 back then. One of the lowest paying.

In my new job, housing allowance alone was back then was 1.6 Million annually. Salary about 200k monthly. Not to mention hazard, offshore, etc. allowances. I was 26. I recall I called up my friends in the bank and jokingly told them they are all small boys.. grin grin grin grin .Finances have never gone below 1 million naira. Savings alone with Work Staff Cooperative Society is multiple millions. ONE IMPORTANT THING IS I KEPT MY LIABILITIES AND EXPENSES LOW and still do. Never believed in the ''I need to upgrade so people know I have arrived'' mentality. Acquired 4 properties. 2 Lagos and 2 back home. Built first house in Lagos.Added two shops to the front section. Completed and rented all flats and shops out. I still live in a rented apartment.

However, money in the bank and dormant salary/income doesn't bring returns. Money is a messenger and money doesnt like being idle. You need to send it on good errands to bring more money, and the cycle continues. Also, there is time value of money and money depreciates. With all these at the back of my mind, I urgently needed to transfer a lot of my finances into assets that will generate income. This is still my biggest challenge today. I focused on greatly on developing my skills and myself professionally in my area of expertise. I eventually set up a Consulting Firm/Company in my area of expertise with freelance workers. I read a lot, pay for courses myself. Coupled with work sponsored courses. I love to read about wealth creation and financial intelligence. I have a crazy collection of over 20 books. Kiyosaki, Trump, etc. I love watching Grant Cardone, Tai Lopez etc. on Youtube at my spare time just for encouragement. My job is still there by Gods grace. Consulting firm is growing strong. Now Consult for both Upstream and Downstream Companies. Trying my best to brand the company with a good website, good band image etc. Currently, I have the desire to open a conglomerate to diversify to various sectors. Picture Dangote Group. Called up a lawyer for advice. I intend to go into a lot of business ventures. I needed daily revenue so currently planning to open a lounge/cafe/bar and plaza anywhere after Ajah Axis in Lagos. Searching for property currently. My Consulting brings money but you have to chase contracts and bids etc. Plus, contracts dont come easy. Also, price war between contractors drives down profit margins a lot. Need something with daily returns so thought I should open my own Lounge/Bar/Cafe with a small plaza for sharwama,asuun,nkwobi, fried potatoes etc.That is my next project. Also, intend to follow Grant Cardone's idea-''build multi-family dwelling housing instead of single units''. Intend to do this with the other land in Lagos.

ONE BIG MISTAKE I MADE WAS NOT LISTENING TO MY LATE MUM. She forces all her kids to learn a vocation/a skill regardless of how highly educated you are. Personally, she wanted me to learn welding. I felt I was too educated for it. Perhaps by now I would have been constructing Sky scrappers and handling huge projects with my current knowledge and exposure.

GRATEFUL

Posted a few diagrams to educate people in a glimpse.
call on us for the Web design jobs sir of. Make we chop something
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by pocohantas(f): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
i understand. Advice your fellow ladies to go and work the way you are working too. Girls are just too lazy and clueless in this country. Honestly guys are trying even if it is yahoo, they still try to earn

I get your point though, it is the conditioning. If you wanna be a rich man, work hard. If you wanna be a rich woman, marry a rich man.

There is one thing I have come to observe though, it is the fact that lots of guys love the status quo. They might complain when they wanna yab ladies, but they love the bragging right.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Heineken:
I appreciate man. Am a graduate of Mass Communication. Am a good computer literate and knows how well to use a camera. I have a very good photography skills. I edit too.. Very well. Photo editing and all
have you used it to earn or freelance in the past? See bro, there are millions of youths out there who have good skills, no body want so work with a person that would be a liability, so you need to sell yourself

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
pocohantas:

I get your point though, it is the conditioning. If you wanna be a rich man, work hard. If you wanna be a rich woman, marry a rich man.

There is one thing I have come to observe though, it is the fact that lots of guys love the status quo. They might complain when they wanna yab ladies, but they love the bragging right.

woo, good night

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
Adanairaland:
Woah!
This is amazing..
Don't we have female millionaires on Nairaland?

Can't find their comments...

Well, I made my first 250k when I was 16

Expenses won't allow me save o..

I'll hit 1M very soon..

good

very very good

thumbs up to you.

With hard work, money management techniques and financial education, you will cross even N100m.

Just be focused and be good to all,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Martinez19(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
dont mind the daft girls. You cant blame them. Most of them have never earned 50k legitimately before so they assume it is the same with everyone they meet. Any girls yapping about broke guys here only exposes her level. It is a sign she is a rock crawler surrounded by broke guys
E be like those girls dey vex you so tey your blood come dey hot. grin
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by NarnieSnyper(m): 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
webminister:
Am interested in the buying of the stuff how do we get in touch number 081 044 778 94

OK, call me with this number
0907-085-6719 or 0703 1363 062 (my brother)
Thank you very much.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Yemluvkid(m): 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
nineone:
I can put you through. I trade forex, affiliate and digital marketing, drop shipping and mini importation and a few others. All these businesses have a high learning curve or either take a long time to start yielding incomes. They require that you have another source of income while you learn. If youre still interested after knowing that it's not a get rich quick scheme, indicate below and we can get started.
I'm also interested bro. Pls help me
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by anuanu(m): 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
I'm going to make somebody a millionaire this night. If you have less than #10 in you account. Send me your account number accompanied with the screenshot of your balance sad
0212642369 gtbank olaoye anuoluwapo Daniel.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by holysaint1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 18, 2018
anigbajumo:

Don't av access to this e-mail again,u can ask me here I will reply u sir...

well if you arent all that security concious, you can drop me your digits.

Would have dropped the questions here. But i prefer being discreet with my inquiries.

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by babasolution: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Grupo:
Made my first million at the age of 26. That was last year.

Right now, I have earned more than $17, 000 through fiverr. Although I only have close to 4m in savings.

I don't even know what to do with the money.

Just dumping it in treasury bills until I have a reasonable business to do.

bros,hw do u make it on fiverr

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Heineken(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
have you used it to earn or freelance in the past? See bro, there are millions of youths out there who have good skills, no body want so work with a person that would be a liability, so you need to sell yourself
I appreciate you bro for your time and response. It shall be well with you. I have a camera back then in school which I used to snap and made some money in my university days. I used same to sponsor myself. Had to sell it as things became worst then. That's why am just applying for jobs now just to help myself. Am 30 now and there's no joy at all
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2018
Martinez19:
E be like those girls dey vex you so tey your blood come dey hot. grin
since the day i read their comments on that thread where a guy gave his gf 500k for business and she used it for her family issues. I don hate nairaland ladies

10 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Martinez19(m): 11:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
ogbeni shut the fvck up. I have not made 20million as profit ever but at the same time you are talking trash. Tell us how exactly you made your money and stop shouting god here. Did god throw the money to you from heaven? And some daft people are liking the useless post. You have told us how bad things were, it is not a miracle, you must have worked hard and had some luck on your side legitimately or illegitimately . Just tell us how it happened
grin this reminds me Alakija. When asked how she made her wealth, she said "it's god." At least in Alakija's case, we know what she does. Many on the thread are just outrightly lying.

10 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
MrKong:
Somebody that know me outside nairaland mentioned me in the confinement of a thread and reason something with me which I think he's right about. Therefore I've decided to not do so again through his own suggestion not to throw a million at someone who wouldn't know how hard it is to make it. To those who went and edit their bank statement, una well done. If you put that effort in something productive I'm sure you'll come sing here by first quarter of next year.

Blessed are those who know the path and follow it - Mrkong

while I Applaud your intentions, I just thought to mysekf that your move was not the best to do on a thread like this

What we can do is to plant ideas into people, network and encourage these younger ones coming up, it will go a long way in helping so many budding fellows here.

Giving someone money when he is not disciplined to manage money is a disaster in waiting

Squandering it is inevitable

bless up nwanne

9 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by BiafranBushBoy: 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
dbestuncle:

I am impressed by the truth u shared about online Biz. thanks for letting us know its not a lazy way of making money

Fvcking difficult mate...
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Ugosample(m): 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
HardMirror:
since the day i read their comments on that thread where a guy gave his gf 500k for business and she used it for her family issues. I don hate nairaland ladies

you don't mean it shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by HardMirror(m): 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
Heineken:
I appreciate you bro for your time and response. It shall be well with you. I have a camera back then in school which I used to snap and made some money in my university days. I used same to sponsor myself. Had to sell it as things became worst then.
bro you dont get it. I am not the emotional kind of person. I deal with facts and reality.

Ask yourself this question, 'is there anything you can do so well that anytime there is a need for someone to do that thing people will first think about you.

Help me, help me, is not enough. There are millions of people needing help. Dont be part of them. Be one of those people will be ready to pay to help them get things done

27 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (137) (Reply)

How To Buy In 1688.com Chinese Store To Nigeria Yourself Without Agents Help / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.