Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? - Business (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? (297802 Views)

How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million And How? / What Business Gave You Your First Million In 2019 / How To Start An Online Store In Nigeria And Make Your First Million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (137) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by slim49z(m): 12:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hey everyone,

Since I shared my story and mentioned the Fiverr ebook that helped me, I've got a tone of PMs from people requesting for the ebook to those seeking for financial assistance.

I have sent the ebook to all those that requested, but I'm tired of sending it every time. I want to upload the ebook to mediafire and then share the link for everyone to access. It's there a way to post link here without getting the bots on my a$$? Do tell if you know.

As for those requesting for financial assistance, sorry don't know what to believe anymore. A lot of insincere people out there. And MOST take advantage of other people's success.

For the record, I made my first 100k on Fiverr by going to UNIPORT every night to use the school generator and literary worked my ass off from a borrowed mini laptop. I was living close to UNIPORT then.

Bottom line, if you want something, then you have to want it as BAD as the air you breath for you to make it a success.

Good luck to everyone. 2019 will be better.. InshaAllah!

9 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Thane(m): 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
slim49z:
Hey everyone,

Since I shared my story and mentioned the Fiverr ebook that helped me, I've got a tone of PMs from people requesting for the ebook to those seeking for financial assistance.

I have sent the ebook to all those that requested, but I'm tired of sending it every time. I want to upload the ebook to mediafire and then share the link for everyone to access. It's there a way to post link here without getting the bots on my a$$? Do tell if you know.

As for those requesting for financial assistance, sorry don't know what to believe anymore. A lot of insincere people out there. And MOST take advantage of other people's success.

For the record, I made my first 100k on Fiverr by going to UNIPORT every night to use the school generator and literary worked my ass off from a borrowed mini laptop. I was living close to UNIPORT then.

Bottom line, if you want something, then you have to want it as BAD as the air you breath for you to make it a success.

please also send to thanedominic@gmail.com or you can upload to google drive and paste the link here. Cheers bro
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by slim49z(m): 12:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Thane:

please also send to thanedominic@gmail.com or you can upload to google drive and paste the link here. Cheers bro

It's sharing links here allowed?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by erobes: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
slim49z:

not sure. send the file to anybody and d person will try to upload to gdrive then post d link here. I wouldn't want u 2 get banned by mods for trying to help us
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by erenax: 4:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
slim49z:
Hey everyone,

What niche?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Arijude(m): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
iwriterng:

Made roughly 4million that year. (That was 2016 when dollar was crazy, made $5,000 in November and $5200 in December that year.)

It was all from amazon affiliate marketing.

I still do amazon affiliate marketing, and I have several sites now.

I’m worried I can’t get a regular job anymore, because I would be depressed to work for such little pay.

please oga, what and what do I need to start this amazon affiliate marketing. Can I use only my phone to do this and how do I get a website for it?
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Arijude(m): 6:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
iwriterng:

Made roughly 4million that year. (That was 2016 when dollar was crazy, made $5,000 in November and $5200 in December that year.)

It was all from amazon affiliate marketing.

I still do amazon affiliate marketing, and I have several sites now.

I’m worried I can’t get a regular job anymore, because I would be depressed to work for such little pay.

please this is my number +22967310256 would like to chat with you on whatsapp
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Made my first million as a fiverr seller at the age of 20 ($4000+) and that was within 6-8months.... Started with an investment of around 10k.

As more Nigerians entered the platform, it became flooded and things went sideways then (earlier this year)

But we still pushing hard to keep the pace... It wasn't easy man

I remember there was a day I was working on my PC from 10pm to 6am.... Can't really forget that particular day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by TissuePaper: 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Maxcoded:
Made my first million as a fiverr seller at the age of 20 ($4000+) and that was within 6-8months.... Started with an investment of around 10k.

As more Nigerians entered the platform, it became flooded and things went sideways then (earlier this year)

I remember there was a day I was working on my PC from 10pm to 6am.... Can't really forget that particular day
can you put me through on it
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by millhouse: 7:26pm On Dec 14, 2018
ElRapido:
I made my first millions, 3.5M to be precise, at age 17. Many people won't believe it. But I was in SS3 then and I made the money by saving half of all the money given to me since the end of primary school.

But now, man don mature, we are making tens of millions every month. Last month we made 8.5M and our highest ever was 18.9M in December 2016. December have been a good period for market, hopefully we can hit big again this December.
please intimate me on your business model . Thanks
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
oloyolo:
19 although am broke asf right now, am 23.

mine was multiple millions I made it from bitcoin, software and domain names.

one guy from nairaland here introduced me to bitcoin back then (for free ) he was giving one eBook like that.

I learned a few thing from his book,but being the mad man that I was, I discovered a way to tipple my result and boom I was raking in bitcoin like craze.

then I hooked up with this Chinese girl on Facebook we started swaping ideas before you know it I had about 20 bitcoin. at then one bitcoin was about 200$ then some crazy sh** happend bitcoin went from 200$ to about 1000$.

I cashed out. dude, I was fucking rich. but as you already know 19years and millions are not a healthy combination.

I basically thought I was the next bill gate. it funny how success leads to success then to more success, then to a huge failure. me and my best friends, we were living lavish.

again some one from this same nairaland sold an eBook about domain name buying and selling to me.

I started trying to buy domain name, but wasn't making much (like 500$ per month) 500$ didn't mean much to me back then.

then I stumbled upon this white guy, he was also a domain name trader, he was teaching people how to buy and sell domain and software on flippa. although his course was expensive about 800$ I bought it, then I also bought a 1000$ course on digital marketing. after the taking those courses I lunched out on my own, I bought a bunch of domain names and about 4 softwares.

most of the domain name didn't sell well some didn't sell atall but 3 sold for a wopping some of 15000$ combined.

it is funny how lots of people say money can't change them I was one of those guys. but trust me after this second win, I was sure I was going to be up there with mark zuckarburg some day.

then something crazy happened, one of my 4 software gained like 3million active users. turned out the original owner of the software was from isereal, and his research was on point, isreali market really needed the software, but the guy was marketing and trying to monitize it the wrong way.

by accident I got it just right the software began marketing it self and before you know it a giant iseareli company asked me to sell it to them.

being young and dumb I didn't know how to monitize it so when I saw who was willing to pay, bam I sold it. I made a mistake though, I should have let them name a price or at least named an unrealistic price but silly me I asked for what I thought was a fair price 100000$.

they did what every good business men would do they bargained for a lower price 70k$.

I agreed bam this time even GOD couldn't stop me I was mega rich.

but like what my mentors always say when there is to much supply of money, it begins to flow to unnecessary places. I blew all the money, although most were on other ventures that later failed.

yea I spent good money on lavish lifestyle , but I wasn't that stupid, most of my money actually went into other businesses and investment but I was young and stupid so I paid for it .

I walked away with lot of experiential knowledge. at this point in my life I am trying to gain momentum again and GOD know that when I do, I'm never stopping, I'm not saying I have learned everything there is to learn, I'm saying that i have learned to do less stupid things than most people and I still think am going to be up there with the big boys although I don't want to be famous like them I don't want to be on any list.

The bolded part was what I actually grasp a little from your writeup... Mine was at the age of 20; lavish spending was part of what affected me a little then. Although mine wasn't close to yours in terms of what you made; but we have the same story kinda. Started with fiverr and things were really mad then, was enjoying life like anything at that age. Some months later, more Nigerians joined the platform and everything went down drastically. I didn't apply brain then to invest the money made into something relevant, was just spending anyhow, living large.

Am 21 now and trust me, things are really "moving forward" (don't want to say anything negative but am sure you understand what I meant).

One thing I have discovered with most people is that the first time you will make a very huge amount of money , trust me that lavish spending will surely visit you and it's after the money is gone that you will realize it. Everybody deserves a second chance and am sure we will both get that pretty soon. By them, life would have taught us lessons on money management and we will use that to improve with the second chance.

Would love to connect with you sha if you don't mind; we kinda share the same dream

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
TissuePaper:
can you put me through on it

The platform don cast a little now, as compared to before
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by TissuePaper: 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
Maxcoded:

The platform don cast a little now, as compared to before
so i heard sef, it's the more reason why i wasn't really interested on it...so will you advice me not to learn it
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
TissuePaper:
so i heard sef, it's the more reason why i wasn't really interested on it...so will you advice me not to learn it
You can proceed bro.... There are some that are still rocking it hard.

You never can tell
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Arijude(m): 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
HAkorehdeh:
Yhea I made sure I read the whole thread before making my own comment.

Talking about millions, I made my first million at 21 and that was just last year. I actually made $10k (3 mill+) doing affiliate marketing. The thing is, I barely set my profit aside cuz i didn't make the whole thing at ones and I was always re-investing. I think my best months was 1k+ and I started with earning $200 in January. It was actually cpa and of course I learnt it from nairaland at first before I started reading from other forums. Funny enough, I spent a lot of it on family and I also purchased a landed property from there (lol, my mom been asking me to start building on it but I understand she doesn't know much about business). I was in my final year last year.

This year I've even completed my service. I've made more than I made last year but I'm trying to test some traffic sources. Testing and testing dey chop my money but this time I tried to have some savings in my account (over a million) and I also have some money parted for investment.

Like my mates, I should be looking for employment after nysc but most employment offers I see do not just attract me. The payment offer is always too small compared to what I earn myself doing little works. Im just gonna put more time into my internet marketing business and diversify into more models, move out of family house, and write some professional certificate examinations. Maybe with more qualifications, I might find offers with better payment or I don't even have to look for any job at all.
hello oga please help a brother. Put me through in this affiliate marketing.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by flexyndavis(m): 10:56pm On Dec 14, 2018
pls help me send the ebook material to my gmail johnpaul201946gmail.com
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Abadsheddy(m): 11:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Tabba:
Hi, there! Are you still interested in starting this business? I base in the North and I'm into supply of foodstuffs. I can help in supplying you beans, maize, soyabeans, dry and fresh pepper, onions, tomatoes etc. I will like to know if you still need a supplier. Thanks
I am interested oooo
WhatsApp. 07060864037
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by naijawisdom(m): 12:28pm On Dec 15, 2018
slim49z:
Hey everyone,

You can upload the file to mediafire and post the link here.

What you will do is to remove the www part or separate the .com e.g. (mediafire.com /gjfhdhiiydygdj or mediafire . com/$fudkjfsh)
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 15, 2018
Maxcoded:

The bolded part was what I actually grasp a little from your writeup... Mine was at the age of 20; lavish spending was part of what affected me a little then. Although mine wasn't close to yours in terms of what you made; but we have the same story kinda. Started with fiverr and things were really mad then, was enjoying life like anything at that age. Some months later, more Nigerians joined the platform and everything went down drastically. I didn't apply brain then to invest the money made into something relevant, was just spending anyhow, living large.

Am 21 now and trust me, things are really "moving forward" (don't want to say anything negative but am sure you understand what I meant).

One thing I have discovered with most people is that the first time you will make a very huge amount of money , trust me that lavish spending will surely visit you and it's after the money is gone that you will realize it. Everybody deserves a second chance and am sure we will both get that pretty soon. By them, life would have taught us lessons on money management and we will use that to improve with the second chance.

Would love to connect with you sha if you don't mind; we kinda share the same dream

the fiverr thing huh. I can totally relate with that one too. after the whole fiasco I tried making money on fiverr, it worked for a while, until it got saturated, plus making a 100$ a month isn't exactly thrilling.

I'm trying to master facbook and google AD platform, so I can become a consultant. I would have started already, but I'm trying understand it better than most consultants, plus I already have an unfair advantage due to my training as an internet marketer and copywriter.

I plan to go big with it, I know a guy who charge like 200$ per hour, he works with top firms, in fact one company he works with is worth about 500milion dollars

then from there I plan to lunch a few apps, then go into AI and cyber security, then invest my money in genetics and a few other industries I've been following for a while( hedge fund, divorce, privacy,tax evasion, asset protection sectors etc)

brother I must tell u there is no better time to be alive than now. if only people will open their eye.

more and more ideologies, political movement and life style groups are forming every single day and they all have one thing in common....... they have needs, and anyone who carters for those needs or at least make them believe they need his\her product to achieve their goals, will be rewarded. and with the Power of the internet, you can be f***ing everywhere at every time.

thank GOD I was born at this time. but I also feel sorry for most people alive tody, they are all too distracted too see all this opportunities( especially African Americans ) bro 5 years In america is all I need and I will make more money than all my ancestors combined.

guys like you and me eventually gets it right (at 21 and learning what people in their 40s and 30s are yet to learn)

don't know about you, but I won't trade my experience for the money I had then. its a scare I'd have to wear for the rest of my life, so when ever i'm at the verge of doing something stupid, I look at it say "naa I don't want another one of this"

it was kind of you to share ur story and wisdoms with me. have a nice day.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by TissuePaper: 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
oloyolo:

the fiverr thing huh. I can totally relate with that one too. after the whole fiasco I tried making money on fiverr, it worked for a while, until it got saturated, plus making a 100$ a month isn't exactly thrilling.

I'm trying to master facbook and google AD platform, so I can become a consultant. I would have started already, but I'm trying understand it better than most consultants, plus I already have an unfair advantage due to my training as an internet marketer and copywriter.

I plan to go big with it, I know a guy who charge like 200$ per hour, he works with top firms, in fact one company he works with is worth about 500milion dollars

then from there I plan to lunch a few apps, then go into AI and cyber security, then invest my money in genetics and a few other industries I've been following for a while( hedge fund, divorce, privacy,tax evasion, asset protection sectors etc)

brother I must tell u there is no better time to be alive than now. if only people will open their eye.

more and more ideologies, political movement and life style groups are forming every single day and they all have one thing in common....... they have needs, and anyone who carters for those needs or at least make them believe they need his\her product to achieve their goals, will be rewarded. and with the Power of the internet, you can be f***ing everywhere at every time.

thank GOD I was born at this time. but I also feel sorry for most people alive tody, they are all too distracted too see all this opportunities( especially African Americans ) bro 5 years In america is all I need and I will make more money than all my ancestors combined.

guys like you and me eventually gets it right (at 21 and learning what people in their 40s and 30s are yet to learn)

don't know about you, but I won't trade my experience for the money I had then. its a scare I'd have to wear for the rest of my life, so when ever i'm at the verge of doing something stupid, I look at it say "naa I don't want another one of this"

insightful you are a determined man

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Thane(m): 7:33am On Dec 16, 2018
slim49z:

Yes of course, pls send it to me thanedominic@gmail.com. Thanks much
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by YOLO1(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2018
Sikay19:
I need mentoring on exportation business. looking forward to start the coming year with good idea
Please, when you get one, let me know. I think we have the same plan for next year. Have started making some preliminary plans.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Adiwana: 10:20am On Dec 16, 2018
oloyolo:

Bro it's like we are all like minded.Am also 21 currently chasing a career in Networking.Taking CCNA classes cause insha Allah,i will be writing the exam next year.And I also want to specialise in cyber security as am also taking a cyber security course in Cisco Academy.Also want to run Google adword and Analytics on fiverr as side hustle and as a consultant in the field but need training and certifications from Google as fiverr is too saturated and competitive so one needs to stand out on the platform .Currently can't do that cause my friend and I dey plan Open our bet9ja shop around early next year so am seriously saving for it and am highly limited in terms of funds now that funding for the training and certifications is not really possible now.But if everything goes well,I dey enter fiverr with full alacrity.lol.More money to our pockets jaree cool cool

6 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by sweetestboi(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2018
Deltatoto:
23 importation and exportation of culture.
Sounds really worth it..Please bro kindly Intel a brother on this Biz..I'd be grateful..WhatsApp is 08069018298, Email : mochampagne50@gmail.com ...thanks in anticipation of fav reply.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Emmanuel555(m): 10:52am On Dec 17, 2018
[quote author=Plutoman post=73097900][/quote]

emmaaustine10@gmail.com
I'm really interested in any legit business
THANKS
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by winnerr(m): 11:26am On Dec 17, 2018
Maxcoded:

What niche? Could I be mentored? I can write/rewrite articles.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 12:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
winnerr:

What niche? Could I be mentored? I can write/rewrite articles.

It's the writing niche, those days when the niche is not so saturated as it is now
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by solitytv123(m): 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
currently don't have shi shi,i am a med student in level 200 tryna learn forex but i do 't have money to pay for webiners,any help would be nice or advice too...

1 Like

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
oloyolo:

I actually didn't trade mine, but trust me if I had the you were given, there is a 90% chance I will also fall into the pit. Why? You said it yourself; at that age all that you will ever think of is to flex flex and flex, buying the best dresses and looking expensive.

We both learnt our lessons and am sure it won't repeat itself again
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Maxcoded: 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
solitytv123:
currently don't have shi shi,i am a med student in level 200 tryna learn forex but i do 't have money to pay for webiners,any help would be nice or advice too...

Please I take God Beg, don't use Forex to start hustling. It can be a side hustle while you pursue something much more tangible. Of course there are guys that makes millions from forex now but ask them how much they have sacrificed earlier on before getting to that level

When you've made enough money from your main hustle then you can dive into forex as a side hustle; but don't be too deep.

My 2cents though

8 Likes

Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
Maxcoded:

I actually didn't trade mine, but trust me if I had the you were given, there is a 90% chance I will also fall into the pit. Why? You said it yourself; at that age all that you will ever think of is to flex flex and flex, buying the best dresses and looking expensive.

We both learnt our lessons and am sure it won't repeat itself again

exactly bro.
Re: How Old Were You When You Made Your First Million?, And How? by winnerr(m): 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2018
Maxcoded:

It's the writing niche, those days when the niche is not so saturated as it is now
Does it take a whole lot of work now or it doesn't work at all?

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (137) (Reply)

How To Buy In 1688.com Chinese Store To Nigeria Yourself Without Agents Help / Forex Trading - Season 14 / Forex Trade Alerts: Season 21

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.