Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? (2937 Views)

As A Lady Do You Feel Comfortable Dressing Like This? (pictures) / I Don’t Feel Comfortable Hearing My Friend & His Girlfriend Pray / Video: Girls Put Their Natural Curves On Displays At The South Beach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Gboy101: 4:11pm On Nov 20, 2018
MissRaine69:

Because they were raised in a society that views natural hair negatively.
Children before they walk have their hair chemically processed what does that teach that female child ?
Look at the celebrities how many have natural hair?
The magazines?
The media as a whole?
Beauty products? How many are advertised by women with natural hair?
Women of colour have been brainwashed to view their whole natural self as substandard
You are not beautiful unless you have long hair or fair skinned. .
there is nothing to be ashamed of. black is no match to white beauty. let be sincere it has nothing to do with inferiority. the fair skin you talk about are beauty to behold and hot cake. reasons everyone want to be light.

black skin is beauty on is own but not match to light skin.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Ranchhoddas: 4:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
Simplep:
I jump am pass my love,natural hair is a no no for me,i use shea butter,coconut oil and mayonnaise..urs is really lovely, goodluck
You dey rub Bama for your head?

Abi wetin be mayonnaise?

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by MissRaine69(f): 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2018
Gboy101:
there is nothing to be ashamed of. black is no match to white beauty. let be sincere it has nothing to do with inferiority. the fair skin you talk about are beauty to behold and hot cake. reasons everyone want to be light.

You did not comprehend an ion of what what I wrote let’s be frank here?
Because if you did would not have written all that.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Gboy101: 6:22pm On Nov 20, 2018
MissRaine69:

You did not comprehend an ion of what what I wrote let’s be frank here?
Because if you did would not have written all that.

this are what light skin is to black.

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by MissRaine69(f): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
Gboy101:

this are what light kin is to black.
Moving swiftly along
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Gboy101: 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2018
MissRaine69:
Moving swiftly along
lol
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Gboy101: 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
MissRaine69:

Moving swiftly along
grin
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by cronsberg: 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2018
folake4u:

grin grin grin.

Mayonnaise is good too.

Thanks again and goodluck to you as well smiley
you ladies have no shame o. Mayonnaise that i spread between sliced bread and lay fried egg on top to enjoy as breakfast is what you apply on hair? Really? Let me help u ladies with a secret. Go and find an indian hair oil called Nima Amla, its available mostly in the north, imported directly from india. Get yourself a quality shampoo and only wash your hair maybe twice a week with it, but apply the hair oil above every night when going to bed. Believe me you will be shocked how full, straight, long and silky shine your hair will be within few weeks. Stop killing your already fragile hair with relaxers and dyes
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Honesty007(m): 2:36am On Nov 21, 2018
imitation
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by kay9(m): 6:14am On Nov 21, 2018
havilla:
The day Nigerian men stop going after girls with artificial hair and start appreciating our natural beauty then women would start going natural.

So now it's the Nigerian men's fault? Smh..

Look, by all means fix whatever you wish on your hair, it's your own head afterall. But while you're at it, grow the fcck up and stop blaming other people for your own decisions.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by kay9(m): 6:23am On Nov 21, 2018
Gboy101:

You may want to look up the word "blackfishing".

1 Like

Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by highqueen(f): 6:24am On Nov 21, 2018
This is stereotyped.

I'm always proud of my natural hair.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by oyatz(m): 6:26am On Nov 21, 2018
It is just inferiority complex. Our grandmothers and several generations of women before them wore their natural hairs and this 'African Weather' didn't affect them.

Bidobado1:

This is the same shiit that black women in England, America etc say. Instead of admitting that you lot have an identity problem, low self esteem and the need to look like your European counterparts.
If the African weather and European weather ain't good for your hair.. Where else can you lot rock your natural hair.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by havilla(f): 6:28am On Nov 21, 2018
kay9:

So now it's the Nigerian men's fault? Smh..

Look, by all means fix whatever you wish on your head/hair, it's yours afterall. But while you're at it, grow the fcck up and stop blaming other people for your own decisions.
men indirectly affect the appearance of the women in their country, if women notice men gravitate towards very light skinned ladies then you get many women trying to be fair because they subconsciously feel being light is better, same thing for natural hair and dressing. Obviously there are men who don’t care, but a lot of men are superficial and move towards anything flashy.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Analeater: 6:28am On Nov 21, 2018
havilla:
The day Nigerian men stop going after girls with artificial hair and start appreciating our natural beauty then women would start going natural.
so you do artificial hair to impress men?..
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by kay9(m): 6:49am On Nov 21, 2018
havilla:
men indirectly affect the appearance of the women in their country, if women notice men gravitate towards very light skinned ladies then you get many women trying to be fair because they subconsciously feel being light is better, same thing for natural hair and dressing. Obviously there are men who don’t care, but a lot of men are superficial and move towards anything flashy.

Woman, take responsibility for your decisions. It is actually an evidence of how much you value yourself that your aim of looking good is just to attract men. Jeez..

Irrespective of why you do whatever you do, the fact remains that you made the choice to do it. So forgive my bluntness, but that diatribe you wrote up there is just "passing the blame". No matter the societal pressure, nobody forced you to put on Scandinavian hair polish - you made the choice.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by folake4u(f): 8:29am On Nov 21, 2018
cronsberg:
you ladies have no shame o. Mayonnaise that i spread between sliced bread and lay fried egg on top to enjoy as breakfast is what you apply on hair? Really? Let me help u ladies with a secret. Go and find an indian hair oil called Nima Amla, its available mostly in the north, imported directly from india. Get yourself a quality shampoo and only wash your hair maybe twice a week with it, but apply the hair oil above every night when going to bed. Believe me you will be shocked how full, straight, long and silky shine your hair will be within few weeks. Stop killing your already fragile hair with relaxers and dyes

Oga you could have passed your message without the input of "you ladies have no shame".
Speaking of mayonnaise, yes, it is proteinous and we add it to our hair for glow. It is called hair mayonnaise and not the regular ones used for food(although it can be used as a substitute when you dont have the real deal).

My hair is not fragile,weak or relaxed. I have a natural hair.

Believe me, those things we eat as breakfast and the rest makes hair grow too. I apply onion to my hair and it removes dandruff and makes it grow also.

Yes Amla powder or oil works too.

I feel like insulting you but I'm in a good mood smiley.

Thankyou.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by rtdCivilservant: 7:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
rame18:
I look prettier without a weave or fixed hair, pack my hair neatly without makeup and see me smile as heads turn around to tell me you are naturally beautiful. meanwhile, op why cant a girl do what she wants with her hair don't even start with what our mothers did and didn't do cos its not easy to keep up with natural hair.
you this ugly vulture
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
You absolutely have no right to complain especially when you are not the one buying the hairs for her.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by rame18(f): 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
rtdCivilservant:

you this ugly vulture

You wish! your mom, sisters and all the ladies you know in your entire life can't stand niccur.
don't flood my mention anymore cos you are obviously sick.
Re: Why Is It So Hard For Ladies To Feel Comfortable With Their Natural Hair? by rtdCivilservant: 9:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
rame18:

You wish! your mom, sisters and all the ladies you know in your entire life can't stand niccur.
don't flood my mention anymore cos you are obviously sick.

you are a big fool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Society Isn’t Ready For Men To Show All Emotions-Samuel Otigba / Video Of A Man Sleeping With His Wife's Grandmother Goes Viral / My Wife To Be Just Delivered, Congratulations To Me!!! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.