Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black (79678 Views)

Igbo Church Weddings With Isiagu New Trend / The New Trend Of Bridesmaids Rocking Sneakers On A Wedding Train / The Newest Trend Of Brides Rocking Trouser-like Outfits For Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by olaboy1: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2018
I cannot recount how many times white ladies have admired my skin and outrightly confessed to prefer tanned skin but not too dark. Even in the nightclubs I get Swedish girls blushing and touching my smooth unwrinkled face with deep admiration, and countless comments on the overall smoothness of my skin during naked romance. First thing I notice during romance is the roughness of the Caucasoid skin. Usually they are truthful about this after having some vodka.

Some MILF ladies at a bar also commented on the skin of my friend and I after they got to know our ages. Let’s cut Emma some slack because I have seen many Swedish girls who look completely brown like mixed race, when they return back to Sweden from summer vacation.
Why would anyone even want to straighten the African hair that symbolizes strength, vigor and virility, why would anyone even want to remove the protective melanin that protects against sun burn and skin cancer. These millennials are either becoming mentally retar$ded or is it me that’s going out of fashion and vogue.

#giveusmoremelanin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8LFwC1nEpU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by CaesarDon(m): 9:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Everything is a racism or insensitivity to these dumb cry babies

Then the black women that bleach their skin and use Brazilian hair are also racists RUBBISH!!!
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 21, 2018
booblacain:
The underlying issue here is that black beauty is trending and some "white people" wants to not just identify with it but to cash in on it as well.
black people are always exploited especially in the media.

First things first, racially ambigious and mixed race people are not black. they do not have the same struggles as black people.

for more info, read more on colorism. Cos it is rampant even in nigeria
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 21, 2018
Uglymind:
And yet our stupid girls keep bleaching

But why?
look up colorism.
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Konquest: 12:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
booblacain:

Blackfishing explained
Various European and American social media influencers have been accused of practising a new-age form of blackface.
Swedish teen Emma Hallberg is among the many Instagram users who have been accused of starting and unashamedly taking part in a new phenomenon that has been dubbed “blackfishing” or “n****rfishing.”

Swedish teen Emma Hallberg has been accused of presenting herself as a racially ambiguous women to win more social media followers.

What is blackfishing?
Blackfishing refers to the practice of a white person presenting themselves as mixed race or racially ambiguous on social media to pander to a particular aesthetic, and therefore gaining more followers.

It has been viewed as a modern incarnation of blackface – the theatrical makeup used predominantly by non-black performers to represent a caricature of a black person. It is and has been considered a racially insensitive representation of blackness by black people all over the world.

There is no confirmation about who the first culprit of the new wave is or when they were identified but more social media users have been outed as being guilty of this practice in recent days.

The girls in the photos posted and shared numerous times online are significantly darker than they were in old photos, which have been dug up and used as a comparison.

Some of the girls in the photos can also be seen sporting traditionally black hairstyles such as dreadlocks and braids – a practice that has often been dubbed cultural appropriation.

Photos of these girls have been reposted numerous times on accounts aimed at celebrating black women and their hairstyles or makeup looks.

According to their followers, they have never corrected these pages for sharing their images and labelling them black women.

Fans have expressed their disappointment since finding out that their “faves” are not what they have been presenting themselves as. Some even reached out to Hallberg to ask her about her true ethnic background.

Hallberg has denied presenting herself as anything other than white Swedish teen Emma Hallberg has been accused of presenting herself as a racially ambiguous women to win more social media followers.and has claimed the before and after photos of her were merely taken during different times of the year.

When quizzed about her complexion by Buzzfeed, Hallberg attributed her look to “a deep tan naturally from the sun”.

The general consensus about the phenomenon seems to be disappointment in those found guilty of this practice, as many feel they are commodifying blackness as a means of personal gain.

This is due to the fact that the girls identified in the pictures are influencers and performers and earn a living from their appearances and social media feeds.

In addition, they are cashing in on sporting features that naturally occur among black women but are not met with the same level of admiration and enthusiasm.

While there are a few who have come to Hallberg’s defence, the overall consensus is she was wrong and she either needs to stop or face the backlash of a boycott on her social media accounts.

https://citizen.co.za/news/news-eish/2036408/blackfishing-explained/

Forward
^^^^^
^^^^^
Is this photoshopping or what? grin
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by revontuli(f): 2:17pm On Nov 30, 2018
Joe88:
What about the blacks bleaching their skin to look like the white. Was Michael Jackson ever called out for changing his skin color and appearance to a white man's?

Michael Jackson claimed to have vitiligo disease and bleached to make his skin tone even. There was also a rumor that he bleached his skin and got cosmetic surgeries to look like Diana Ross cause he was obsessed with her.
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by revontuli(f): 2:22pm On Nov 30, 2018
funmisticqueen:
black people are always exploited especially in the media.

First things first, racially ambigious and mixed race people are not black. they do not have the same struggles as black people.

for more info, read more on colorism. Cos it is rampant even in nigeria

This is very sad. Whenever wedding photo threads are posted here, if the bride has very dark skin lot of the Nairaland boys start screaming "She's so lack! What did that guy find in her? She's ugly! I like light skinned women!" Then they complain about girls bleaching. There is always a whole gang of men badmouthing the African women with dark skin tone and calling them ugly. Those men should be shamed for spreading colorism. All colors are beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 30, 2018
revontuli:

This is very sad. Whenever wedding photo threads are posted here, if the bride has very dark skin lot of the Nairaland boys start screaming "She's so lack! What did that guy find in her? She's ugly! I like light skinned women!" Then they complain about girls bleaching. There is always a whole gang of men badmouthing the African women with dark skin tone and calling them ugly. Those men should be shamed for spreading colorism. All colors are beautiful.
the hypocrisy of it all is appalling
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Boxer007(m): 8:20am On Dec 03, 2018
funmisticqueen:
the hypocrisy of it all is appalling

Please make love to me and i will stop being gay for 3 month. Deal?
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2018
Boxer007:

Please make love to me and i will stop being gay for 3 month. Deal?
no deal
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Boxer007(m): 11:10am On Dec 03, 2018
funmisticqueen:
no deal

You are horrible. You refuse to fuk me? Ok, your wish is to make sure i remain being gay so i dont get men from you? You definitely going to hell. You are very horrible creature. Preach
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2018
Boxer007:

You are horrible. You refuse to fuk me? Ok, your wish is to make sure i remain being gay so i dont get men from you? You definitely going to hell. You are very horrible creature. Preach
i wont Bleep you and want you to remain gay so that men who cant afford women like me have a second option. I will send all the broke dusties your way. Dont worry you will enjoy them
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by Boxer007(m): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2018
funmisticqueen:
i wont Bleep you and want you to remain gay so that men who cant afford women like me have a second option. I will send all the broke dusties your way. Dont worry you will enjoy them

You definaly unhappy in your life for refusing to fuk me. I ask for help & u refuse. You ate not a nice person. Do u realice u will go to heaven for helping a fellow man that wants to stop being gay? Is this about money? Pk, how much do you need? I tire of being gay. Why u refusing to fuk me? You are very childrish
Re: Blackfishing: The new trend of White People Trying To look Black by jbblues24(m): 12:26pm On Jun 01, 2019
It's gonna take a lot to take me away from you There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do I bless the rains down in Africa Gonna take some time to do the things we never have. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Ladies That Slayed While Wearing A Kimono / What Type Of Perfume Do You Use? / These Photos Of A 7-year-old Nigerian Model Have Got Everyone Talking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.