Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,339 members, 7,836,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

“Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan (28231 Views)

Hardship: 'Borrow Atiku's Plan' - Deji Adeyanju Begs Tinubu / Full Text Of Atiku's Plan For Nigeria / Shehui Sanni Reacts To Atiku's Plan To Sell 90% Of NNPC If Elected (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 11:56am On Nov 20, 2018
ericsmith:

he understand what poverty is all about yet he built a school that cost 1m + as tution fee.
he understands poverty yet he fly his team (abroad) just to strategise how to kick start a campaign that will only happen within nigeria.
he understands what poverty is yet ,4 out 4 companies he owned not even one provides services that a lower income earner can afford.
he understand what poverty is yet he supplies mikano to rich when their is no light but what about the poor.
how many poor man children are on atiku scholarship scheme in ABTI university ...
IF air were to be a commodity will atiku even produce for the poor ??

you can't dispute the fact that his employees are pulled out of poverty, he invested in areas he found opportunities. He mustn't have a company that produces pure water for you to agree that he understands poverty. Please what more can pull people out of poverty if not creating employment.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by yemisi10: 11:59am On Nov 20, 2018
This guy will not kill me grin grin grin grin grin grin
@Sulebaba_Sadeeq “Atiku started by Selling Firewood, Graduated to Selling NITEL, Nigeria Airways etc. Now He wants to Sell NNPC and Nigeria.We say No!
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by MrTruetrue(m): 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2018
[color=#006600][/color][quote author=yanabasee post=73134712]Atiku is still a better offer than Buhari who came under the platform of lies...

Even pretended that he had no money to pick the presidential form and deceived gullible zombies... While his wife rocked expensive wristwatches and gowns and shoes....

Atiku came out from a poor background and made it to the top.... He has what it'd take to reform this country.... He understand what suffering means..... He's better than a man with ear infections and oozing body language and will always dance to the northern tunes....

Whether his story is misinformed to the daft.... He told us a story that he will change the suffering in the country, regardless!!

Na thunder go faya ur mouth. Why u no copy wetin Atiku do shoot urself to the top ipob terrorist.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by MrTruetrue(m): 12:05pm On Nov 20, 2018
Na thunder go faya ur mouth. Why u no copy wetin Atiku do shoot urself to the top ipob terrorist.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

Let me add to that list grin

Atikuliar claims to have been an orphan, even though we know his mother died in 1984 - when he was already 38.
Atikuliar claims he sold firewood, forgetting that he had previously regaled us with tales about his entrepreneurial prowess elsewhere.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/story-struggle-life-atiku-abubakar

Will the real Atiku please stand up?

following a blind moses who has no road map is beta than returning to egypt ... #anyonebutatiku
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by capitalzero: 12:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
Dkmngr:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has caused reactions from Nigerians on social media over his campaign policy document ‘The Atiku Plan.’

On Monday, Atiku revealed his plan for Nigerians in 2019and narrated a story of how he started selling firewood as an orphan in Adamawa before he got rich.

He quoted his statement by saying: “I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today. If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you.”

But, his above statement received backslash from some Nigerians on social media as they compared his story to that of former President Goodluck Jonathan who said he had no shoes while campaigning.

Some Nigerians advised the Atiku to desist from such stories as Nigerians would not fall for such sympathetic stories in voting for the next president.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST from Twitter:

@Ugochijanetrump: “Goodluck told us in 2011 he was not born rich and that he had no shoes and school bags. By 2015, GEJ had bought many bags to pack our money. In 2017, Peter Obi said he own only one wristwatch & he doesn’t own any house outside Nigeria. Now, today is for Atiku as firewood seller.”

@Chijev “It’s actually not a good line to start. Nigerians no longer trust those gimmicks.
I’ll recommend concentrating on issue based agenda and not some not-so- convincing poverty root.”

@diran_mendy106 “BURSTED!!! The last president that was shoeless and sell fish, nosedived the economy into recession,we don’t need firewood seller to plunge us into depression.Nigerians are now wise.”

@Abuusamayusuf “This is the kind of story Jonathan told us in is quest to be our president.I don’t know think this kind of sympathetic stories can sell any more.”

@Vexless “Whether as an orphan or you had no shoes, its not news. MKO had to sell firewood to pay his sch fee & that of your former boss. The news now is that @MBuhari constructed that same Jada road which you abandoned for 8yrs. Well, Obj also neglected Otta road that leads to his abode.”

@Joevankas “Last time we heard from Jonathan that was shoeless now it’s Atiku claiming to have started out as an orphan. Nigerians won’t fall for these lies ever again.”

@tbrtroopers “President Atiku Thank you for including all of us in your visions for Nigeria. You have led by example and proven to be resolute and resourceful in you previous endeavors, the same goes to you VP @PeterGregoryObi . I can’t envisage anything but success. Thank you once again.”

@Emperoraustus “His Excellency Atiku …. we once had an aspirant who later became the president. According to him, he doesn’t even have any shoe and he was from a poor family like you. We hope we will not end up experience the same regime if you win? Just asking.”

@Essuharison “Politicians and poverty stories.Playing with our emotions. Let’s talk more about deliverable not all these stories you’re concocting.”

@Musamonsur “This is similar to the story told by GEJ when he said he had no shoe, that made people to be sympathetic with him and voted for him.but Nigerians are wiser now.”

@Sulebaba_Sadeeq “Atiku started by Selling Firewood, Graduated to Selling NITEL, Nigeria Airways etc. Now He wants to Sell NNPC and Nigeria.We say No!

https://dkmngr.com/jonathan-had-no-shoes-you-sold-firewood-nigerians-slams-atiku/
and buhari had 150 cows.all politicians are the same.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Kennydoc(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2018
couragemurphy:

Ne×t Le✔el abeg
Sai Baba 2019

Plagiarised campaign slogan. Shame!
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Richydos(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
Atiku saying that he sold firewood doesn't mean he wants people to vote him out of pity, it only means that he understands what suffering is all about and will make sure he pulls out so many Nigerians out of poverty.
What's she saying.. What about GEJ that said he had no shoes, like he didn't have a clear knowledge ba or wat, but tell me did GEJ take anyone outta poverty or he was actually sinking us deeper?.... Atiku can seek for sympathy from the cameroonians but not here in Nigeria, besides I know that Atiku knows who he actually is
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Ategberoson(m): 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2018
under Buhari I have meet sons of nobody get federal govt jobs without any connection

under this good baba Yusuf I have met hundred of npower beneficiaries who don't have or know someone to be selected as a beneficiaries. this Atiku plan don't even include npower which means he's going to halt it if he reach the helm of govt God forbid

I'd love to see Igbo representation in the presidency but not with this their pattern of politics. I don't see them climbing the helm of Nigeria top sit soon
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Richydos(m): 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Atiku is born to sell.... That's all I can deduce from his sympathetic gibberish # he sold firewood and has never stopped selling anything that comes his way once he's having the access.... Ask Nitel and Co
He has even promised to sell NNPC..... No one needs a prophet to predict what Nigeria will look like in the hands of this #seller
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by deebrownneymar: 12:29pm On Nov 20, 2018
Crooked Atiku
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by BluntBoy(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
Those are fooled are those who believe that a failed government will take them to the next level, please other level is after failure if not doom.

And what does Atiku have to offer after a scam privatization that made him wealthier? From having one house in Adamawa, Atiku went to 140 houses in 8 years as VP.

He fools you. He can't fool me and other sensible Nigerians.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2018
Richydos:

What's she saying.. What about GEJ that said he had no shoes, like he didn't have a clear knowledge ba or wat, but tell me did GEJ take anyone outta poverty or he was actually sinking us deeper?.... Atiku can seek for sympathy from the cameroonians but not here in Nigeria, besides I know that Atiku knows who he actually is
Please be honest with yourself, how is the price of commodities in your area as compared to GEJ regime.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by mechanics(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
And after selling Nigeria Airways, he could not pay them their benefits, it was President Buhari that cleared the mess, now he's saying he will be selling NNPC when he becomes the president, it won't work.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Richydos(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
Mujtahida:

Quit this stupid line of calling Atiku a looter. You are also a thief so long as you are a Nigerian. We have created a corrupt system that embraces everyone of us and touches on every aspect of our national life. You can only pretend and deceive shallow, informed people. Infact the consistency with which you call others or Atiku a thief shows you are a thief merely doing what in psychology is called projection.
A thief calling others Thieves - that's Nigeria for you, a land where every thief is so smug in his own pretense and self righteousness to point at the disease in others but in himself.
So if we don't call him what he actually is #looter, wetin we Gain, someone who was a VP for 8 damned years and built a university to his name where even the average Nigerians cannot attend... Atiku has always been and will always be a looter... U can change the skin color of Atiku but not his looting blood
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
BluntBoy:

And what does Atiku have to offer after a scam privatization that made him wealthier? From having one house in Adamawa, Atiku went to 140 houses in 8 years as VP.

He fools you. He can't fool me and other sensible Nigerians.
Please when has it become a crime to invest or acquire properties, I guess you are the person that sold or built the houses for him. So when you buy more houses in future your family will call you a looter.

1 Like

Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by emerged01(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2018
Campaign don start we no go hear word again.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2018
yemisi10:
This guy will not kill me grin grin grin grin grin grin
If only some people will go and check the meaning of privatization, I won't be reading this post.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by BluntBoy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
you can't dispute the fact that his employees are pulled out of poverty, he invested in areas he found opportunities. He mustn't have a company that produces pure water for you to agree that he understands poverty. Please what more can pull people out of poverty if not creating employment.

He understands poverty and yet the minimum wage he offered within his business was paltry. Abeg, tell us another story.

Providing employment does not necessarily mean the creator wants to pull people out of poverty. Ordinarily, if you have a business, you will need to employ people. So if you rob Nigerians blind and establish a company, you will have to employ from the pool of people you once robbed.

How will Atiku create jobs as a president? Will there be massive employment in his business enterprises or will he sell NNPC and enter into another scam deal to establish another business to employ a bogus 100,000 Nigerian youths?
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Richydos(m): 12:46pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
Please be honest with yourself, how is the price of commodities in your area as compared to GEJ regime.
Yea to be honest with you, the price increased but still there are advantages this present regime surprised me and I believe many Nigerians to be honest can attest to also.....
1. How many souls got lost in the struggle of getting the silly immigration employment??... As a beneficiary of the N power scheme I am proud to tell you, I needn't know anybody before I got picked.... You can say it's nothing but I tell you N power has transformed many lives
2.Electricity improved dramatically
Etc
Not here to campaign for Buhari Cox the truth is I didn't even campaigned for him because I was so against him
But, this administration really receive my little plus
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Bakrabas: 12:48pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
Atiku saying that he sold firewood doesn't mean he wants people to vote him out of pity, it only means that he understands what suffering is all about and will make sure he pulls out so many Nigerians out of poverty.

As Jonathan did...
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Slimpotter(m): 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:

Then what happened, when he was the VP under obasanjo
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Richydos(m): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
If only some people will go and check the meaning of privatization, I won't be reading this post.
We know what the dictionary says about privatization BUT it's very different in Atiku's world.....
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Slimpotter(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
ednut1:
Until the day we revolt violently these guys go continue to use our head

Nigerian Revolution we need. A united people is stronger than all these aristocrats
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:

you keep repeating that phrase, " his employees are pulled out of poverty" did you carryout a research that speculate atiku runs a poverty eleviation scheme ... so employing workers to do the jobs he could not have done alone means he understands poverty ..
A friend just updated me ABTI present tution is 3,208,300 for a session ... lecturers preferrably whites grin

creating jobs with poor salary scheme will not pull anyone out of poverty ...rather investing in the youth n give them a platform to be an entrepreneur is the revised way of pulling people out of poverty.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 12:55pm On Nov 20, 2018
Richydos:

Yea to be honest with you, the price increased but still there are advantages this present regime surprised me and I believe many Nigerians to be honest can attest to also.....
1. How many souls got lost in the struggle of getting the silly immigration employment??... As a beneficiary of the N power scheme I am proud to tell you, I needn't know anybody before I got picked.... You can say it's nothing but I tell you N power has transformed many lives
2.Electricity improved dramatically
Etc
Not here to campaign for Buhari Cox the truth is I didn't even campaigned for him because I was so against him
But, this administration really receive my little plus
Please can you compare Immigration job and N Power job, or didn't you hear of what happened in FRSC job recently, please were did the light improve because am yet to see any improvement in my location.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by BluntBoy(m): 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:
Please when has it become a crime to invest or acquire properties, I guess you are the person that sold or built the houses for him. So when you buy more houses in future your family will call you a looter.

So, you can't see evidence of corruption in Atiku's political story?

Buying a lot of houses is not the crux of the matter but the circumstance that created such a spending spree.

Where did Atiku get funds to establish his university and how did an individual of hitherto modest means build a university without bank loans?

Look at it, my sister. If he can get so wealthy as VP, who would be able to stop him from embezzling or misappropriating funds as president?
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by GIFTD: 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
People today smuggled themselves out of the country only to become slaves I Libya some die in Saharan desert and Mediterranean sea just because they look for the country that will work for them. We the prayer warriors in Nigeria have been praying for leadership that will make Nigeria work again during Atiku's time and if he's honest in his statement we'll throw our weight to support him. Those critizing that statement are rather ignorant of what the Nigerian state require at the moment we need the country to work for the poor as it's already working for the rich and the only leadership that could do that is one whom had been in that shoe before to know the right button to press as to get Nigeria work for all. Thanks
Dkmngr:
Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar has caused reactions from Nigerians on social media over his campaign policy document ‘The Atiku Plan.’

On Monday, Atiku revealed his plan for Nigerians in 2019and narrated a story of how he started selling firewood as an orphan in Adamawa before he got rich.

He quoted his statement by saying: “I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today. If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you.”

But, his above statement received backslash from some Nigerians on social media as they compared his story to that of former President Goodluck Jonathan who said he had no shoes while campaigning.

Some Nigerians advised the Atiku to desist from such stories as Nigerians would not fall for such sympathetic stories in voting for the next president.

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST from Twitter:

@Ugochijanetrump: “Goodluck told us in 2011 he was not born rich and that he had no shoes and school bags. By 2015, GEJ had bought many bags to pack our money. In 2017, Peter Obi said he own only one wristwatch & he doesn’t own any house outside Nigeria. Now, today is for Atiku as firewood seller.”

@Chijev “It’s actually not a good line to start. Nigerians no longer trust those gimmicks.
I’ll recommend concentrating on issue based agenda and not some not-so- convincing poverty root.”

@diran_mendy106 “BURSTED!!! The last president that was shoeless and sell fish, nosedived the economy into recession,we don’t need firewood seller to plunge us into depression.Nigerians are now wise.”

@Abuusamayusuf “This is the kind of story Jonathan told us in is quest to be our president.I don’t know think this kind of sympathetic stories can sell any more.”

@Vexless “Whether as an orphan or you had no shoes, its not news. MKO had to sell firewood to pay his sch fee & that of your former boss. The news now is that @MBuhari constructed that same Jada road which you abandoned for 8yrs. Well, Obj also neglected Otta road that leads to his abode.”

@Joevankas “Last time we heard from Jonathan that was shoeless now it’s Atiku claiming to have started out as an orphan. Nigerians won’t fall for these lies ever again.”

@tbrtroopers “President Atiku Thank you for including all of us in your visions for Nigeria. You have led by example and proven to be resolute and resourceful in you previous endeavors, the same goes to you VP @PeterGregoryObi . I can’t envisage anything but success. Thank you once again.”

@Emperoraustus “His Excellency Atiku …. we once had an aspirant who later became the president. According to him, he doesn’t even have any shoe and he was from a poor family like you. We hope we will not end up experience the same regime if you win? Just asking.”

@Essuharison “Politicians and poverty stories.Playing with our emotions. Let’s talk more about deliverable not all these stories you’re concocting.”

@Musamonsur “This is similar to the story told by GEJ when he said he had no shoe, that made people to be sympathetic with him and voted for him.but Nigerians are wiser now.”

https://dkmngr.com/jonathan-had-no-shoes-you-sold-firewood-nigerians-slams-atiku/
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by BluntBoy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
ericsmith:

he understand what poverty is all about yet he built a school that cost 1m + as tution fee.
he understands poverty yet he fly his team (abroad) just to strategise how to kick start a campaign that will only happen within nigeria.
he understands what poverty is yet ,4 out 4 companies he owned not even one provides services that a lower income earner can afford.
he understand what poverty is yet he supplies mikano to rich when their is no light but what about the poor.
how many poor man children are on atiku scholarship scheme in ABTI university ...
IF air were to be a commodity will atiku even produce for the poor ??

Don't mind them.
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by lucy10(f): 1:01pm On Nov 20, 2018
ericsmith:

you keep repeating that phrase, " his employees are pulled out of poverty" did you carryout a research that speculate atiku runs a poverty eleviation scheme ... so employing workers to do the jobs he could not have done alone means he understands poverty ..
A friend just updated me ABTI present tution is 3,208,300 for a session ... lecturers prefferably whites grin

creating jobs with poor salary scheme will not pull anyone out of poverty ...rather investing in the youth n give them a platform to be an entrepreneur is the revised way of pulling people out of poverty.

Please did Atiku come to your house and mandate you to attend his school, please what do you use the money your employee pays you to do. Take it or leave it Atiku has contributed in employment of labor in Nigeria. Please why does people employ labor if not to help them do things they can't do all by themselves. Think
Re: “Jonathan Had No Shoes, You Sold Firewood’ – Nigerians React To Atiku Plan by BluntBoy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 20, 2018
lucy10:

Price of commodity is not a determinant of which government is better. A lot other factors affect the mechanism of price. Did you not do Economics in secondary school.

What was the price of a sachet of Milo under Abacha as compared to the price under Obasanjo? Does the disparity in price tell the whole story?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dickson Calls For Cancellation Of Election In Nembe, Southern Ijaw / 2023: Osinbajo, Not FEC, Stood Down Amaechi’s Security Memo - New Telegraph / MC Oluomo, Park Managers To Hold Rally For Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.