Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:56 PM

My Monthly Savings In Canada - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Monthly Savings In Canada (163642 Views)

With 5m Savings Which Country Is Easiest I Can Move To / How It Is Possible To Live In The Uk For 30 Years And Have Zero In Savings. / After 7 Million Naira Savings, What Is NEXT, UK Or Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by 7Alexandre: 2:32pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

It's more than that...more like 40% or a little more.

That’s a lie.

You’re basically saying that almost 50% of the U.S. Population households make more than $100,000/year before Federal & State Taxes.

That’s a false assumption.

I wonder where you’re getting your numbers from.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by 7Alexandre: 2:35pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

So basically 40% or more of the United States Population make $100,000/year OR More?

That’s an exaggeration that’s definitely not grounded in reality.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by yemiosinbajo: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2019
In 2016, the US Median wages were:

70,075,212 people earned under $25,000 – 42.85% of the total
44,496,340 people earned between $20,000 and 50,000 – 27.21% of the total
34,098,312 people earned between $50,000 and $100,000 – 20.85% of the total
11,528,382 people earned between $100,000 and $200,000 -7.05% of the total
3,322,360 people earned over $200,000 – 2.03% of the total
What percentage of Americans earn more than $100,000 per year?

That makes 14.8 million individuals earning over $100,000, or 9.08% of the total, based on 163,520,606 workers.

https://www.abcdiamond.com/median-wage-in-united-states-2016/
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by yemiosinbajo: 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
29.2% of U.S. Households Had Incomes of $100,000+ in 2017

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/292-us-households-made-more-100000-2017

Meanwhile, that percentage is for the ENTIRE household!
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by yemiosinbajo: 3:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
Beautyaddy:

That's not true.

Do you derive pleasure in misleading people, or you're just a pathological liar?

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Manasir(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2019
atutupoyoyo2211:
I am a permenent resident. I actually got my PR visa 2013, but like i said i had a good job in Nigeria and wasn't in a hurry to travel. I decided in 2014 to come to canada and stay, but i could only survive 2 weeks in Canada and i ran back to Nigeria because i did not still have the balls to surrender my job in Nigeria. I came back again in 2015 to Canada thinking i would stay, but after 2 weeks i went back to Nigeria because i still didnt have the courage to make the transition. But in 2016, my PR visa was about to expire, so i had to make a final decision, NIGERIA or CANADA? at that moment, I had to make up my mind and leave Nigeria and i have been in Canada since. Now, My sister came to Canada immediately we got the PR visa and she is now a citizen. Assuming i had left Nigeria immediately we got the visa, I would have been a citizen by now. But i guess God's time is the best. I will become a citizen by next year.
Canadian citizenship process is one of the best i have seen, maybe after or before that of Ireland, if i am correct. You spend 3 straight years as a PR and you qualify for citizenship provided you have no serious convictions and no bankruptcy claims. Write a test of 20 questions and that is it. Once you pass, you are sworn-in a few weeks later as a citizen.

Good day sir pls I need your help. And this is my story. Am 32 years old currently serving in Kaduna study bsc sociology 2.2 I have worked in the bank fidelity bank as thier dispatch rider for 9 years before resing to set up my own company I nake roughly 400k a month in Nigeria but I stil want to make the move cos of the future of my 3 kids. I have a saving of roughly 2m to 3m at the moment pls can u or somebody advice me on what to do. I was contemplating following the masters route but the the university's of Canada west are requesting for almost 34k cad for MBA program although the said I can work for 20 hours in a week but I have to raise 7900cad before given admission this is excluding visa and flight ticket.
Pls my question is
What are my easiest route to Canada because I want to go work and possible bring my family along
Is thiwr any other route one can use to migrate?
What are the first process to follow if one is not going through the student Visa route?
Pls u guys should help me am tired of this country before person drink snipper.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by smartkester(m): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2019
Manasir:

Good day sir pls I need your help. And this is my story. Am 32 years old currently serving in Kaduna study bsc sociology 2.2 I have worked in the bank fidelity bank as thier dispatch rider for 9 years before resing to set up my own company I nake roughly 400k a month in Nigeria but I stil want to make the move cos of the future of my 3 kids. I have a saving of roughly 2m to 3m at the moment pls can u or somebody advice me on what to do. I was contemplating following the masters route but the the university's of Canada west are requesting for almost 34k cad for MBA program although the said I can work for 20 hours in a week but I have to raise 7900cad before given admission this is excluding visa and flight ticket.
Pls my question is
What are my easiest route to Canada because I want to go work and possible bring my family along
What are the first process to follow if one is not going through the student Visa route?
Pls u guys should help me am tired of this country before person drink snipper.
bro just go through the express entry, that's your surest way to migrate to Canada. It's affordable for someone like you. Go through the express entry thread and learn more about the whole package
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
Manasir:

Good day sir pls I need your help. And this is my story. Am 32 years old currently serving in Kaduna study bsc sociology 2.2 I have worked in the bank fidelity bank as thier dispatch rider for 9 years before resing to set up my own company I nake roughly 400k a month in Nigeria [/b]but I stil want to make the move cos of the future of my 3 kids. I have a saving of roughly 2m to 3m at the moment pls can u or somebody advice me on what to do. I was contemplating following the masters route but the the university's of Canada west are requesting for almost 34k cad for MBA program although the said I can work for 20 hours in a week but I have to raise 7900cad before given admission this is excluding visa and flight ticket.
Pls my question is
[b]Pls u guys should help me am tired of this country before person drink snipper

Your conditions is not bad why thinking of snipper?

For express entry, your savings isnt enough.... Your POF is not enough for family of 5, wife 3kids and yourself.......

Try African country like ivory coast, move your business
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Beautyaddy: 11:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
yemiosinbajo:

Do you derive pleasure in misleading people, or you're just a pathological liar?

Neither!

And if you don't know you don't know.

As for me I know what I am saying is about right.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Beautyaddy: 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
7Alexandre:

So basically 40% or more of the United States Population make $100,000/year OR More?

That’s an exaggeration that’s definitely not grounded in reality.

Huh...So you don't think that's possible?

Anyways, yes...and it could be combined income of two or one person.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by 7Alexandre: 12:15am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Of course one person OR two people can make a combined income of $100,000/year

But my argument still stands:

40% of the entire United States Population don’t make more than $100,000/year.

5 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by yemiosinbajo: 1:29am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Neither!

And if you don't know you don't know.

As for me I know what I am saying is about right.

Yea, because your unsupported facts override the links provided above. I don't blame you since you don't live in the US.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Beautyaddy: 1:42am On Oct 16, 2019
7Alexandre:

lol!...So you think $100,000/year is a lot of money? I don't.

If you don't believe that 40% of Americans make about $100,000...so how much do you think that they make then?
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Beautyaddy: 1:43am On Oct 16, 2019
yemiosinbajo:

Yea, because your unsupported facts override the links provided above. I don't blame you since you don't live in the US.

lol!...I live in space cheesy
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

lol!...So you think $100,000/year is a lot of money? I don't.

If you don't believe that 40% of Americans make about $100,000...so how much do you think that they make then?

Internet fallacy.....

No real fact
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 9:37am On Oct 16, 2019
7Alexandre:

You get time
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 10:16am On Oct 16, 2019
Babyvet:

Lol, or a fraudster lol. No wonder Nigerians have bad image outside , too much dubious behavior .

Some NIGERIANS

3 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 10:23am On Oct 16, 2019
mofedamijo:
Please i want to beg Nigerians to always read, and also do their own research, that's the best form of Education, having said that, what this op posted so far doesn't add up by 2%, if you must make six figures in North America, then you must be in a very high paying job, listen to me and listen attentively, no matter how much bonus you get, if you're not in a certain sector or certain companies, you can't make six figures let alone save six figures, and even if your boss is your father, the board of the company and state have specific salary structure. Even if your father gifts you over $10,000, you will be taxed, so i don't know where the op got all these figures he posted. $16/hr job will never give you six figures, even if you decide not to sleep for 365 days a year. Secondly, you have a limited amount of hours you can work, even if your body is made of rock.

Thirdly, nobody envies him or anything, but Nigerians must be told the truth at all times, and you should also do your own research. we have Nigerians who left 1.0million naira job, just because they were told Canada pays like crazy, be wise my people, Canada doesnt pay like crazy, do your own research, you find someone who is a highly skilled individual working in Walmart, why, no job for his/her skills out there. I have so many Indian friends in Canada, gurus in I.T, they all left India where they are well paid, only for them to land in Canada and no job.

Don' get me wrong people, Nigerians make it out there, but to be sincere with you, maybe few percentages of them, the rest a living basic lives, am not here to argue, am stating facts.

For me, the best country in the world is the country where your dreams come true, wherever you make it in life is your best country. I have met some Nigerian nurses in Namibia and other African countries, and believe you me, they earn over $3000/month, live in beautiful houses where the rent is less than $350, low tax, and they travel anywhere when they are on leave. To let you know, not so many Nigerians even earn $30,000/annum in U.S AND CANADA, these are facts.......may God take us all to our promise land, if your promise land is in congo, believe you me, you will make it better than folks in Europe, U.S or even Canada.

For me, i have traveled a bit in life, and God has been faithful, however, i will rather be a Dangote or Kofi Annan than be eager to get the blue passport, there are certain position you get to in life, even the embassy awaits your arrival, am not a blue passport fanatic, if it comes my way, fine, but i want to make a stamp on the world, and so my take-off point doesn't have to be Canada or U.S. God bless US all.

Congo, the disease hub of Africa undecided
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Thegamingorca(m): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2019
mofedamijo:
Please i want to beg Nigerians to always read, and also do their own research, that's the best form of Education, having said that, what this op posted so far doesn't add up by 2%, if you must make six figures in North America, then you must be in a very high paying job, listen to me and listen attentively, no matter how much bonus you get, if you're not in a certain sector or certain companies, you can't make six figures let alone save six figures, and even if your boss is your father, the board of the company and state have specific salary structure. Even if your father gifts you over $10,000, you will be taxed, so i don't know where the op got all these figures he posted. $16/hr job will never give you six figures, even if you decide not to sleep for 365 days a year. Secondly, you have a limited amount of hours you can work, even if your body is made of rock.

Thirdly, nobody envies him or anything, but Nigerians must be told the truth at all times, and you should also do your own research. we have Nigerians who left 1.0million naira job, just because they were told Canada pays like crazy, be wise my people, Canada doesnt pay like crazy, do your own research, you find someone who is a highly skilled individual working in Walmart, why, no job for his/her skills out there. I have so many Indian friends in Canada, gurus in I.T, they all left India where they are well paid, only for them to land in Canada and no job.

Don' get me wrong people, Nigerians make it out there, but to be sincere with you, maybe few percentages of them, the rest a living basic lives, am not here to argue, am stating facts.

For me, the best country in the world is the country where your dreams come true, wherever you make it in life is your best country. I have met some Nigerian nurses in Namibia and other African countries, and believe you me, they earn over $3000/month, live in beautiful houses where the rent is less than $350, low tax, and they travel anywhere when they are on leave. To let you know, not so many Nigerians even earn $30,000/annum in U.S AND CANADA, these are facts.......may God take us all to our promise land, if your promise land is in congo, believe you me, you will make it better than folks in Europe, U.S or even Canada.

For me, i have traveled a bit in life, and God has been faithful, however, i will rather be a Dangote or Kofi Annan than be eager to get the blue passport, there are certain position you get to in life, even the embassy awaits your arrival, am not a blue passport fanatic, if it comes my way, fine, but i want to make a stamp on the world, and so my take-off point doesn't have to be Canada or U.S. God bless US all.

Nothing but the truth you deserve a standing ovation

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Thegamingorca(m): 10:34am On Oct 16, 2019
yemiosinbajo:

Lmfao
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Ashirioluwa: 10:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Is possible to make 100k but the question is how many people can make this amount. Only few people can make it because most jobs pay less than $20/hour.

Only about 29% households made over 100k in US in 2017. Data from Census Bureau.

Note majority of household contains 2 people (husband & wife).

USA and Canada are better than naija but we should stop giving people wrong information that they will start making 100k when they get here.

It took some of those guys that making 60k and above years to get there.

Data from US Census Bureau

2 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Thegamingorca(m): 10:48am On Oct 16, 2019
Hadampson:

No African country has more fatal diseases than Nigeria
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 11:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Offpoint:

My name is offpoint sir...

Lol grin
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by mofedamijo(m): 11:38am On Oct 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Lol...go there and see our brothers making it legitimately.
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Makaveli1166(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Lol grin
keke drop me here I Don sight my boss....
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Makaveli1166(m): 11:46am On Oct 16, 2019
mofedamijo:

go there to do what na Oga.. why are you talking like this. all this village people self..
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Hmm.. I don't agree with you on this bossman
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
Makaveli1166:
go there to do what na Oga.. why are you talking like this. all this village people self..

I agreed with his write-up but going to Congo in the name of making it is a big NO for me.... Of all African countries, na congo i go con go
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by Hadampson(m): 12:21pm On Oct 16, 2019
mofedamijo:

Boss, you are right but Congo is not a good country to begin with. Nigeria is even better than Congo. I'm not against your write-up in any way, you nailed it but congo out of it.

Disease hub of Africa cry
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by oluayebenz: 1:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
Thegamingorca:

Clone
Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by mofedamijo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
Makaveli1166:

lol, village people, have been out of Nigeria for years oga, calm down, some smart guys applied for united nations job from Nigeria and they got it, stay there and keep thinking Congo is hell, i have met so many britons and americans all across places you think are hell, and they are making it far more than when they worked in the U.K AND U.S, you better think outside the box, i was in Mbabane last week, and i got to meet a Nigerian who got a United Nations Job, another guy go a job with CHAI, and they both applied from Nigeria, at least Mbabane is clean beautiful, 27/7, 365 days electricity, beautiful weather including winter, no traffic, no stress, police are super matured and professional, stay there, you think Koffi Annan made it in one day, places like that builds your resume for International recognition.

4 Likes

Re: My Monthly Savings In Canada by mofedamijo(m): 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, you are right but Congo is not a good country to begin with. Nigeria is even better than Congo. I'm not against your write-up in any way, you nailed it but congo out of it.

Disease hub of Africa cry

It depends on your career and plans, we have so many doctors without border who ignored better places to be in congo. calm down, some smart guys applied for united nations job from Nigeria and they got it, stay there and keep thinking Congo is hell, i have met so many britons and americans all across places you think are hell, and they are making it far more than when they worked in the U.K AND U.S, you better think outside the box, i was in Mbabane last week, and i got to meet a Nigerian who got a United Nations Job, another guy go a job with CHAI, and they both applied from Nigeria, at least Mbabane is clean beautiful, 27/7, 365 days electricity, beautiful weather including winter, no traffic, no stress, police are super matured and professional, stay there, you think Koffi Annan made it in one day, places like that builds your resume for International recognition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (42) (Reply)

Abuja City - Videos and Photos / Top 10 Lagos Slangs You Must Know As A Resident / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.