Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,456 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan (35079 Views)

Atiku Lied About His Background, Source Of Wealth: Tinubu (Video, Pics) / Wike: Atiku Lied, Sent Lamido, Aliyu, Other Attack Dogs After Me / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by maximunimpact(m): 1:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by abc115: 1:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku is a fraud

98 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by abc115: 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku is wanted criminal

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Tallesty1(m): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
Won't change anything. Our mind is made up. We are retiring Buhari by force with or without your support. Atiku is alive at least.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by ManirBK: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
I love President Buhari, he make all Nigerian thieves to gather in one political party called PDP.
WE WILL RETIRE THEM ALL IN 2019!

91 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by BafanaBafana: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Everything ever written about Atiku is...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bedspread: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Mtchewwwwww...

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by SarkinYarki: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku has never said he never grew up with a mother rather he has always said in many for how he was raised by his mother and how he built a house for her ... Atikus dad died very early and he was raised by his mother ..why will he say that when he has a picture of he and his mum in his living room in Abuja ...nonsense zombie propaganda and we all know how it got to front page

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by REDshouse(m): 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Like my mum used to say

He that lie too much will eventually be a thief... Same as Atiku

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by fahren(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Even if Atiku is Lucifer the Devil himself, we will still Vote for him, at least Atiku is better than Buhari a serial liar whose son rides a 100 million naira super power bike yet he can't afford nomination form of 50 million.

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by flowmama: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
so how does this affect you OP?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Lordofthewest(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hehehe...election neva start Atiku don dey feed hin dumb followers zobo, if this one mistakenly becomes president he'll put Nigeria on eBay.i just feel sorry for Peter OBIgot that thinks he's going to be VP.

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
" his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”

if only we could ask her why she had heart attack............ atiku must have frustrated her life,,,,,,, bad child

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by lastempero: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
No wahala but jubrin must go

9 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by marvin906(m): 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
he's not the first nor will he be the last Nigerian politician to lie

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by hisexcellency34: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
Obasanjo even said his family background is questionable

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by ManirBK: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2018
bedspread:
Mtchewwwwww...
We won't vote for looters!

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by PRYCE(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Inconsequential

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by iListen(f): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
He's his mother's carbon copy smiley
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by engineerboat(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
BMC oya take

6 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by RevenGeMission: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
hehehehehehehe

hahahahahaha

Another pin to his balloon

Omo ale jati jati

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by id911(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

An orphan is one that has lost one or both parents. So Mr BMC OP, all your devilish lies and propaganda won't stop us because we have already made up our minds to Atikulate

We will rescue our country from bad governance and economic stagnation foisted on us by the current rudderless regime ....Atiku issa goal!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by engineerboat(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
And take
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Pope22(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
abc115:
Atiku is a fraud
We know, we dont care

12 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Xisnin(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku growing up as an orphan is a metaphor.
There are a lot of kids living under a bridge in Lagos who have 1 or 2 living parents but
are practically orphans.

12 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bedspread: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
ManirBK:
We won't vote for looters!
Mtchewwwwww..... you will vote for Jubrin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / The Moment Atiku Announced Okowa As Vp-candidate (video) / More Pictures From APC Presidential Rally In Bayelsa State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.