Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,302 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan (35101 Views)

Atiku Lied About His Background, Source Of Wealth: Tinubu (Video, Pics) / Wike: Atiku Lied, Sent Lamido, Aliyu, Other Attack Dogs After Me / Tinubu: Atiku Lied, He Offered Me VP Position In 2007 While Aware Of My Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by id911(m): 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
gare:

Please next old news, Father and mother dead, what do you call such person, or are you the step father ? Did you marry the mother after the father died.

You are posting concessions of the ports, intels where Atiku with minimal interest and Tinubu with a larger interest has just five compared to others, have checked out the owners of the other companies.

Don't mind them... They are jittery that's why they can't even concentrate on strategic planning for their principal's re-election instead of Atiku this, Atiku that!

We will get Nigeria working again with Atiku as President

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by biz2get(m): 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
Tallesty1:
Odoro ewu na okuko anya n'ako na uche so nah ihe Chineke mara ama hapu inye gi mgbe okechara gi.
Gaa cho ndi ogbo gi na iberibe ka gi na ha zuzuwe. Anwakwala anwa kpo mu aha ma oburu na ndu gi di gi mma..

So ibu onye Igbo. Ndi so na nde efulefu n'eso onyori dika Atiku.

Ekene diri Chineke n'anyam na ndum n'eso onye diri obim mma.

Buhari na mu na ezinulom N'eso.
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
A thief will do anything to steal.

Thief supported by thieves.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by jaxxy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
I am growing to like Atiku more. I have only known of his bad sides b4 now which was made popular becos of his fallout with obj then bt I’m beginning to see a lot of his good sides aswell.

Humanitarian and compassionate and exemplary leader.

Op@ buhari said he has no money to buy nomination form in 2015 bt his wife can wear expensive watches and his son ride N50mill bike. Have u investigated that?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Just2endowed2(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
them don catch am angry

3 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by SlimBrawnie(f): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
But my dictionary tells me that an orphan is one, whose both or either parent is dead, so how is it a lie... Abi na my dictionary dey lie?

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
Eketem:
Buharists are dull people they don't research so they cannot know that somebody with only one parent is termed a single orphan;

An orphan can be further classified by using definitions such as UNICEF’s  “single orphans,” which is a child with only one parent has died, or “double orphans,” which is a child with both parents having passed away.  In practice, though, we tend to think of children living in orphanages as orphans, although it is possible that both of their parents are alive but not caring for their child.

He was not a single orphan because he had both parents.

Based on this, he would have been classified a true orphan at the death of both parents .

This never happened until 1984 when his mother died and that was a long way from him starting life as a firewood hawker in Jada at his young age when he was already over 35 as at 1984.

You are the dull one here.

4 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by stansaintly(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
Sometimes a child may have both parents yet lives like an orphan. "All mothers are women but not all women are mothers", "all fathers are men but not all men are fathers".

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by ZeeBaba17(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
arantess:
A child deprived by death or abandoned by one or both parents is an orphan, so Atiku is an orphan.

where did you get your definition?

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atikulate my foot

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
SlimBrawnie:
But my dictionary tells me that an orphan is one, whose both or either parent is dead, so how is it a lie... Abi na my dictionary dey lie?

If a single parent raised you and that one dies then you become an orphan.

When you are raised by both parents and both die you become an orphan.

Atiku was raised by mother and father because they were married.

His father died at an early age but his mother was very much alive till 1984.

This disqualified him from being an orphan at an early age as he lied about

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by MyloXyloto: 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Please see below the definition of orphan by different popularly accepted dictionaries and global instititutions:
1) Merriam-Webster dictionary: a child deprived by death of one or usually both parents.

2) UNICEF: UNICEF and global partners define an orphan as a child under 18 years of age who has lost one or both parents to any cause of death (https://www.unicef.org/media/orphans).

So Atiku did not lie. Update your knowledge and learn before saying what you don't know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Tallesty1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Ihe obula ga enye gi obi anwuri nwanne.
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by madridsta007(m): 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

Actually, Atiku didn’t lie. The UN defines one loosing one or both parents as an Orphan.

Also, Islam which Atiku practices, defines one loosing a parent or the two as an orphan.

Early in Atiku’s childhood, he lost a parent. That technically makes him an orphan— according to the recognised definition.

Get this simple facts correct before you embarass yourselves in public.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Pearlman(m): 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
Orphan is a child whose ONE or both parents are dead. Lost father at 10! Of course he grew up an orphan!

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by ola6: 2:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
Atiku the thief! I pity Nigerians. In as much as I dislike Buhari and all he stands for, Atiku will finally kill Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by JuanDeDios: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
Might be an English problem. I recall when my father died, someone told me, "So you're now an orphan." I had to explain to him I wasn't since my mother is alive and in any case I was already an adult. But the controversy is good - should tell politicians to be careful.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2018
Tallesty1:
Ihe obula ga enye gi obi anwuri nwanne.

Of course! Obi anwuri m bu Muhammadu Okechukwu Buhari onye n'emere anyi ihe oma.

Kwusi ineso ndi oshi nwanne.
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by gare(f): 2:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

PDP story spinner. The story says his mother died in 1984 and as at 1984 he was already a customs officer in Lagos while Atiku lied that HE STARTED as an orphan HAWKING FIREWOOD IN JADA his hometown.

Oya spin that one.

It doesn't stop him from hawking firewood, it goes to show his humble background, fake PDP member

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by bedspread: 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
silastemplar:
at your age, you are talking about jubrin
At your Age you don't know what is happening in your country!!

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
maximunimpact:
Last Sunday the independent national electoral commission, INEC declared campaign open for candidates contesting in 2019 general election; as politicians device means of convincing electorates for votes, sometimes lies are been told which in turn generate a lot of false reports. The fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com will be monitoring the words of politicians to separate truth from lies.

Nigeria Defender recently spotted a false claim by the candidate of the people’s Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar when he allegedly said he grew up as an orphan in a bid to relate well with the poor masses.

Did Atiku actually say he grew up as orphan?

Various sources reported that the former vice president said he grew up as an orphan selling firewood, according to Pulse.ng, Presidential candidate of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 election, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, highlighted his rags-to-riches story as he unveiled his plan to fix Nigeria if elected.

“I started out as an orphan selling firewood on the streets of Jada in Adamawa, but God, through the Nigerian state, invested in me and here I am today”, Atiku said in a 9-minute broadcast that was streamed live on Facebook.

“If Nigeria worked for me, I owe it as my duty to make sure that Nigeria also works for you,” he said.
The report was also published by thecable.ng as well as other top media houses.

Did Atiku really grow up as orphan?

According to Wikipedia, “Atiku Abubakar was born on November 25, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer Garba Abubakar, and his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Adamawa State. Atiku Abubakar became the only child of his parents when his only sister died at infancy. Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

This was also mentioned in his 2013 book titled “MY LIFE”, page 30 of the book confirmed his mother died in 1984. Atiku is about 72yrs now, this means that he was already 38yrs old when his mother passed away.

Why does it matter?

Does it really matter if Atiku grew up as orphan? Ordinarily it doesn’t matter, but it matters now because he falsely claimed it to be so. Fake news begins with a single lie and if not nipped in the bud it metamorphoses into widespread misinformation and that is why our fact check team at Nigeriadefender.com is waging a war against fake news.

Source: https://nigeriandefender.com/fact-check-atiku-lied-growing-orphan/

Even if u show us a video of atiku carrying 3 human heads, we will still vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
gare:

It doesn't stop him from hawking firewood, it goes to show his humble background, fake PDP member

Keep spinning hopelessly.

He has never mentioned hawking firewood at an early age on any interview he has ever granted home or abroad.

Even his own autobiography does not contain that vital info.

Suddenly as the elections draw near he decided to include that false narrative.

I thank God I am not a wailing zombie like you sha

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Eketem: 2:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

He was not a single orphan because he had both parents.

Based on this, he would have been classified a true orphan at the death of both parents .

This never happened until 1984 when his mother died and that was a long way from him starting life as a firewood hawker in Jada at his young age when he was already over 35 as at 1984.

You are the dull one here.

Silly BMC clutching on straws:

Atiku’s father and mother divorced before his father died in 1957 and his mother remarried. Eventually, his mother died in 1984 of heart attack”.

He is a single orphan, concentrate in school you will be doing like No certificate people

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by stansaintly(m): 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

It shows the high level of your rigid, authoritative and supercilious attitude. How on earth will you open your mouth to say that you and your family will vote for the person of your choice? You must be a cat in your house where none of your family members has option or opinion

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Tallesty1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
Officialpdpnig:

Of course! Obi anwuri m bu Muhammadu Okechukwu Buhari onye n'emere anyi ihe oma.

Kwusi ineso ndi oshi nwanne.
Erugom ogo iji akam horo ihe masirim. Atiku ka obi nabatara, Obi bu nwannem. Onye ayala nwanne ya ka eji amara ndi Igbo. Ndi Yoruba tinyere nwanne ha mgbe gara aga, ugbua by oge ndi Igbo ibinyere nwanne ha aka.

Onwegi ohi Atiku zuru ha ka nke Buhari zugoro ma ka na ezu, hapucha okwu. Buhari bu anini ndi ogea. Onye mara mara.
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by nasinebifegha(m): 2:28pm On Nov 21, 2018
This is what Nigerians needs now from this kind of article grin cool shocked

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by XaintJoel20: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
Op stop showcasing your stupidity and ignorance.
An orphan is one that has lost one or both parents.

1 Like

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Officialpdpnig: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
Tallesty1:
Erugom ogo iji akam horo ihe masirim. Atiku ka obi nabatara, Obi bu nwannem. Onye ayala nwanne ya ka eji amara ndi Igbo. Ndi Yoruba tinyere nwanne ha mgbe gara aga, ugbua by oge ndi Igbo ibinyere nwanne ha aka.

Onwegi ohi Atiku zuru ha ka nke Buhari zugoro ma ka na ezu, hapucha okwu. Buhari bu anini ndi ogea. Onye mara mara.

Nwanne eziokwu bu ndu. Peter Obi abughi nwannem

Onye butara ogbahara na Anambra n'ebe Anglicans na Catholics no abughi nwannem.

Onye ahu bu onye obi ya di oji.

Ihe muwa ma bu Buhari na Osinbajo 2019 bu ebeano and site n'aha Jesus ha ga adi ruo 2023.

Isee isee isee
Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2018
THIS IS HILARIOUS AND THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR THE HATRED AGAINST PMB. HE DEFINITELY HAS HIS SHORTCOMINGS BUT HE HAS PERFORMED BETTER THAN 16 YEARS RULE OF PDP.
AND COME TO THINK THAT MAJORITY OF THOSE CLAMORING FOR ATIKU ARE FROM THE EAST,WHY ANOTHER FULANI MAN ?WHY NOT MOGHALU OR OBYZ?.
POSTERITY WILL NOT FORGIVE US IF WE ALLOW THIS MAN TO GET TO ASO ROCK.
[/b][b]

2 Likes

Re: Fact Check: Atiku Lied About Growing Up As Orphan by Bamz(m): 2:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
2018 and we're still debating Atiku and Buhari. I feel like a stranger in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures Of Tinubu At The Interactive Meeting With The LCCI / Buhari: Democratic Process ‘Too Slow For My Liking’ / Wike Gives Out His Expensive Designer Suit, Again (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.