Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,215 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Lexus RX 350 Jerking - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lexus RX 350 Jerking (5051 Views)

Car Jerking / Honda City 2007 Jerking While In Gear / 2018 Lexus RX L Released With Third Row Seat (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus RX 350 Jerking by tunene: 5:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
Guys,

I have this serious issues with my RX 350 2010.
It jerks several times when I try to accelerate.
First, we scaned and it brought codes related to oxygen sensors. We checked and even replaced with another.

Then we moved to throttle body and It's equivalent accelerator pedal. Thankfully, we only paid for testing not for parts.

Then auto electrician took over claiming that hence it was accidented in the past, some wires could be responsible. After 8 weeks, still no way.
Later, they ordered ECU from Lagos and tested. Still, no way. Thankfully, we could return the ECU and get some cash back.

Now, today back to mechanic, bought new fuel filter, pump and plugs. He also serviced the injector.
I feel it reduced by its still jerks especially when one tries to accelerate the car.

I have read different things online and I need other solutions at the moment. Do you have experience with this car or similar stories with Lexus or Toyota. What is the solution please.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
Hi experienced such last year,
But not on your type of car,
Try changing the valve body, located within the gear or gear brainbox
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by tunene: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
CoolSmithz:
Hi experienced such last year,
But not on your type of car,
Try changing the valve body, located within the gear or gear brainbox

Thank you.
The second electrician said he got a gear valve body from Onitsha but he is not sure it is the actual one. He says I might consider buying gear valve body from Amazon but I fear that it might not solve the problem.

May be, I should look around for another gear valve body that might work. Hopefully, they will allow me pay them testing money.
Thanks again.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Readonee35L(m): 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2018
tunene:
Guys,

First, we scaned and it brought codes related to oxygen sensors. We checked and even replaced with another.

Then we moved to throttle body and It's equivalent accelerator pedal. Thankfully, we only paid for testing not for parts.

Then auto electrician took over claiming that hence it was accidented in the past, some wires could be responsible. After 8 weeks, still no way.
Later, they ordered ECU from Lagos and tested. Still, no way. Thankfully, we could return the ECU and get some cash back.

Now, today back to mechanic, bought new fuel filter, pump and plugs. He also serviced the injector.
I feel it reduced by its still jerks especially when one tries to accelerate the car.

I have read different things online and I need other solutions at the moment. Do you have experience with this car or similar stories with Lexus or Toyota. What is the solution please.
Post the vin of the vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by diportivo: 7:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
na wa oh

jerk during acceleration oh

not thud

and gearbox is about to be refurbished shocked shocked
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by CityNGR: 7:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
diportivo:
na wa oh

jerk during acceleration oh

not thud

and gearbox is about to be refurbished shocked shocked

Kazeems are blessed.

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by CityNGR: 7:17pm On Nov 21, 2018
tunene:

Thank you.
The second electrician said he got a gear valve body from Onitsha but he is not sure it is the actual one. He says I might consider buying gear valve body from Amazon but I fear that it might not solve the problem.

May be, I should look around for another gear valve body that might work. Hopefully, they will allow me pay them testing money.
Thanks again.
Have you even scanned that car?
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
Readonee35L:

Post the vin of the vehicle.
how will that help?i hate it when you folks do this shit
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by tunene: 8:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
CityNGR:

Have you even scanned that car?

Yes the car has been scanned.
And several P codes point to the oxygen sensors of different banks. Those have been checked and replacement used with no headway.

For the past 1 week, the check engine light has not come on again. Yet, the several jerks are still present.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by tunene: 8:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
CityNGR:

Kazeems are blessed.

Lol. Well, some people with car repair shops (Engr this and that) are not better than Kazeems. By their tools and what they say, you shall know them.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
tunene:

Thank you.

Thanks again.

While still considering if you'd buy valve body or not,
Try changing the gear brain box,
Try different ones, some 'new' gear brain box are sometimes bad, try several before you draw your conclusion.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Readonee35L(m): 9:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:
how will that help?i hate it when you folks do this shit
Smh

Do i want to eat the vin?
Or he wants to sell the car to me?

A man is here complaining about jerking in his vehicle and he claims the car is accidental.

A vin will help find out what kind of accident it had if it can have any correlation with his jerking problem.

Next time b4 you quote me think about wah u intend to write.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2018
Readonee35L:

Smh

Do i want to eat the vin?
Or he wants to sell the car to me?

A man is here complaining about jerking in his vehicle and he claims the car is accidental.

A vin will help find out what kind of accident it had if it can have any correlation with his jerking problem.
Otherwise,then I'm so sorry

Next time b4 you quote me think about wah u intend to write.
lies!!!you just want to mock him for buying an accidented car.

8 Likes

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by sultaan(m): 9:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
This is another case of they say *********

Why don't you just post all the codes you got, nobody want to hear they say, if they know what they are doing you won't be here, I have learnt not to trust what users say only what the car says is the problem is what we should focus on first

tunene:

Thank you.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nixon55(m): 9:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
tunene:

Yes the car has been scanned.
And several P codes point to the oxygen sensors of different banks. Those have been checked and replacement used with no headway.

For the past 1 week, the check engine light has not come on again. Yet, the several jerks are still present.

OP.. Post the fault codes from the scan here. It will help a lot for folks that might want to help.
However, I do not understand the relationship between jerking and changing valve body. Do not let people complicate the problem.
Toyota is not that complex to solve its problem. Most times jerking in Toyota engines have to do with Ignition coils, Spark plugs. Is there a Check VSC message on your dashboard?
Did your scan indicate any form of misfire which I want to believe that it did.
You might want to rescan the car again and post the codes here. Pls do not go ahead with messing with the gear box just yet
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Lexusgs430: 9:53pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:

If buyer was not aware that he bought an accidented vehicle, he would now know. And expect more issues ahead ..........
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

If buyer was not aware that he bought an accidented vehicle, he would now know. And expect more issues ahead ..........
to what end?should he throw away the car?
I am surprised you too is talking like this!!!

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Lexusgs430: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:

Bro, my point is if OP bought an accidented vehicle, it's best OP is aware. So OP knows he needs to conduct further examination on the vehicle.......

This issue might or not, be directly/indirectly related to a cowboy mechanics/owners repair job .....
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Bro, my point is if OP bought an accidented vehicle, it's best OP is aware. So OP knows he needs to conduct further examination on the vehicle.......

This issue might or not, be directly/indirectly related to a cowboy mechanics/owners repair job .....
got you now
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:

If you buy a vehicle innocently, and the vehicle had a salvage history.

The airbags might be non-functional, the repair job might be so dodgy and dangerous to all occupants. But the sooner you realize this anomaly, you might be able to make good a bad situation.......
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Lexusgs430: 10:07pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:
got you now

I am glad you do now. If vehicle does not have a salvage history....... Many issues can be ruled out .....
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by asamwababy: 10:14pm On Nov 21, 2018
tunene:
Guys,

OP post VIN so you can get all the help you need asap.

Someone has been kind enough to willingly do VIN check and another is talking about how Nigerian gained independence in 1960.

SMH.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Readonee35L(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:
You're a slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by Readonee35L(m): 10:36pm On Nov 21, 2018
nwanneni:
got you now
Lexusgs430:

Op him self said the car is Accidental
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by CarGuidNG: 10:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by JAYUK(m): 4:09am On Nov 22, 2018
@ op I had similar issue on RX 330 earlier this year, it jerks on trying to accelerate,after lots of trial,i changed my driving shaft to a different spec and the jerking stopped.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by tunene: 8:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nixon55:

OP.. Post the fault codes from the scan here. It will help a lot for folks that might want to help.
However, I do not understand the relationship between jerking and changing valve body. Do not let people complicate the problem.
Toyota is not that complex to solve its problem. Most times jerking in Toyota engines have to do with Ignition coils, Spark plugs. Is there a Check VSC message on your dashboard?
Did your scan indicate any form of misfire which I want to believe that it did.
You might want to rescan the car again and post the codes here. Pls do not go ahead with messing with the gear box just yet

No check VSC message.
I will look for where I wrote the earlier codes and publish here cos at the moment the check engine light is off and has not come on for the past 1 week plus.
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by diportivo: 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
JAYUK:
@ op I had similar issue on RX 330 earlier this year, it jerks on trying to accelerate,after lots of trial,i changed my driving shaft to a different spec and the jerking stopped.

are there specs to drive shafts?IV not heard dat before

although with this fix I'm guessing ur wheels shudder during acceleration hence the need to change shafts

tunene,forget valve body for this matter...there's nothing wrong with ur gear....except it's actually a thud and not jerking as u av said here

if there's no check light,I will suspect fuel pump pressure being low
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by IghoCentric(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2018
Before touching ur transmission(a journey hard to recover from)... Check ur fuel pressure before and after the filter.. that helps diagnose a bad pump or filter.. if all is fine check injector spray pattern for clogged or dead injector nozzles... Also check air filter, then hope none of the codes said anything about catalyst?... Cos if the catalytic converter don dey block that can cause yhe engine to jerk instead of exhaling freely... These tests will take care of the fuel and air supply. Then check sparkplugs fire well... Did u ve any ignition related codes?... Pls dont touch ur transmission unless u ve codes pointing to transmission
Re: Lexus RX 350 Jerking by jimts(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
IghoCentric:
Before touching ur transmission(a journey hard to recover from)... Check ur fuel pressure before and after the filter.. that helps diagnose a bad pump or filter.. if all is fine check injector spray pattern for clogged or dead injector nozzles... Also check air filter, then hope none of the codes said anything about catalyst?... Cos if the catalytic converter don dey block that can cause yhe engine to jerk instead of exhaling freely... These tests will take care of the fuel and air supply. Then check sparkplugs fire well... Did u ve any ignition related codes?... Pls dont touch ur transmission unless u ve codes pointing to transmission

[color=#550000][/color]
This is a very wonderful diagnosis guide OP. Try it please.

Also, if there's any issue with the tranny (which I strongly doubt), you will very likely have a MIL/CEL illuminated. Another thing is that the scanner used might be an entry level OBD II. I suggest that you use a professional one to get relevant info such as freeze frame data and live data.

My 2kobo

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 2010 North American Car Of The Year Is : / Help Guys! How Do You Start Your Engine After Car Has Overheated! / Honest Advice About Peugeot 307

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.