Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents (29577 Views)

What Should I Do When Meeting My Girlfriend's Parents? / How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online / What To Do When Your Partner’s Parents Don’t Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Sarang(f): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
theoldpretender:

Unfortunately, this is Nigeria.

The thing about the whole house chores stuff is that the guy's Mother...you know,that woman who carried himin his womb for 9months,and suffered to bring him into the world...is using the chores stuff to assess if you can take good care of her precious little Junior

Just consider it an examination. Do it one time,and that is all.

We live in that kind of society. And when in Rome , do as the Romans do.

Remember...you need the mother on your side. Because if she isn't.....

(And all Nigerian mothers are like that...even the 'liberal' ones!)

(P.S As a man, I too know that is how my future wifey's mother is judging me...too. grin)

I'll buy her a car..and see her even do the dishes for me grin.
Be successful.. let money make the noise.
House chore my foot!

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by LOWPEAK: 3:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Premiumwriter:

@bolded

That's wat the Op is trying to say. It's not pretense but prudence to know when you stand in front of kings and when in front of ordinary people.

You are a wise man....

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Grahamjnr(m): 3:54pm On Nov 22, 2018
Colourich:
I'm not offering to do any house chores, I'm not their maid. If they won't marry, they should forget it.
Lazy Nigerian youths see house chores as an herculean tasks. What's wrong with washing the dishes with your husband to be after the meal is ended? What house chores do you think would be possibly available at your visit?

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by janeobasi24: 3:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
stop falling your hand. Mopping is not only the thing listed under chores. When you go visiting, they may serve you drinks and his mum may offer to make you sth to eat, you don't mean to tell me you will sit in the sitting room like her royal highness when you know his mother wants to make a meal for you or you don't mean to say after you are done with the drink offered you you will still wait for whoever served you to come and clear the table. All those re chores too. Of course the house must have been cleaned before your arrival. If you stay the night over, you don't mean to tell me while everyone else is doing one or two things around the house, you will sit in one corner like Queen of Sheba and raise leg so that his mother will sweep under your feet.
Lol.... You are very funny
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by biomedics(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
Cogent points,
Thank you.
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by PapaAdanna: 4:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
Must you live to impress them even at the point of helping in chores. Abeg I no gree . Don't let me believe you be Afonja because they are first class in eye service.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Amumaigwe: 4:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
Colourich:
I'm not offering to do any house chores, I'm not their maid. If they won't marry, they should forget it.

'Like' hunter spotted. Cross your heart that you would do what you just said.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
Biglittlelois:

Your comment has turned to advice to me? lol okay thanks.
lol.. yes o cheesy
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by wisebrains: 4:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
... and OP should add this:

Don't go to your partner's parants place without a basket full of gifts, especially if you are a man and your partner's parents are Yorubas grin grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
number 7 is not gonna happen.
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by harriet412(f): 5:03pm On Nov 22, 2018
nijabazaar:

That guy is too nuggety

Lol, nuggety grin grin
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by crunchyg: 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2018
MsGood:

Helping to do what they're doing at the moment ni. That doesn't make you a maid.
Please tell her, all these small children that don't want to learn simple thing. Pride everywhere

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by 234GT(m): 5:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Sarang:

I'll buy her a car..and see her even do the dishes for me grin.
Be successful.. let money make the noise.
House chore my foot!

What if she is a very rich and your account balance is what she can afford to dash out?

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by nijabazaar: 6:06pm On Nov 22, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Oga just say you wan fvck and stop doing Shakespeare here abeg grin

Go and get yourself a rabbit....
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Dearlord(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
Richdad50:
You can act yourself but yourself might be stupid. Learn to improve on your character and never depend on yourself 'only' to save what is left of your foolishness.
#Richdadnuggets

Thank you Bro, you said my mind
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
nijabazaar:

Go and get yourself a rabbit....
Na me de use style toast woman? Na u need the Rabbit pass.
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Sarang(f): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
234GT:

What if she is a very rich and your account balance is what she can afford to dash out?

Then she will return the car nah.. and buy me one grin
I will still not wash cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
Colourich:
I hope that attitude takes you to a higher altitude

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Glink2018(m): 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2018
virgoquin:
Why should I do house chores for them.
chore ko choir ni

That's why you are still single...

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by maisauki: 10:28pm On Nov 22, 2018
Colourich:
MRS wont b added to ur name if u continue wit ds...ppl shd help tel ds momma
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by nijabazaar: 1:25am On Nov 23, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
Na me de use style toast woman? Na u need the Rabbit pass.

Rabbit Rustler..
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by mattobi(m): 7:01am On Nov 23, 2018
AmazonTopaz:

This hogwash doesn't work on some ladies.So stop trying to force your mentality on others. If you want your partner to do house chores let her know before hand and stop trying to use age to scare ladies who are not interested in doing that.It is optional for a lady to do chores not mandatory neither does it prove that one is a wife material.

It doesn't prove that one is a wife material, yet it's the littlest of thing you could do. Every mother wants the best for her child, no mother wants her son to marry someone who doesn't know how to do one or two house chores. Come on, this is Africa, Nigeria precisely, it just shows how well groomed the prospective bribe is. Don't give your future in-law the wrongest of impressions just at your first meeting.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by dangoteinlaw: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2018
mattobi:

I can see that u are still a young girl... Wait until u are 31 and still unmarried, u will even wash their gate.
or they would run to their pastors for prayers. Trust pastors to use them as prey after draining her account grin

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by OsuMustGo: 7:40am On Nov 23, 2018
Colourich:
When that tiny breast dry finish, your brain go go back to default...

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 23, 2018
234GT:

If she's v.rich den she sud av house keepers who wud do d chores...she wudnt expect her daughter inlaw 2 do dat, if d daughter inlaw even insist in a rich house...do u knw wot dat implies? dey will see her as LOCAL chick who's not good enof 4 their son....Dat's CLASS,if u doubt it, find out, n dats y d rich marries rich.
As 4 d car ...She cant reject it, tho might b small 4 her but she'l stil apreciate it n drive it 2 less important places or leave it 4 d last child of d family.
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Sarang:

I'll buy her a car..and see her even do the dishes for me grin. Be successful.. let money make the noise. House chore my foot!
Nice one dear
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:58am On Nov 23, 2018
nijabazaar:

Rabbit Rustler..
grin
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by snowblaq(f): 10:07am On Nov 23, 2018
Northmall:

Babe it's mop not mob. Why are so many Nigerians guilty of this error?

I'm telling you.. .its very annoying

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by 234GT(m): 1:34pm On Nov 23, 2018
sherylbakky:

If she's v.rich den she sud av house keepers who wud do d chores...she wudnt expect her daughter inlaw 2 do dat, if d daughter inlaw even insist in a rich house...do u knw wot dat implies? dey will see her as LOCAL chick who's not good enof 4 their son....Dat's CLASS,if u doubt it, find out, n dats y d rich marries rich.
As 4 d car ...She cant reject it, tho might b small 4 her but she'l stil apreciate it n drive it 2 less important places or leave it 4 d last child of d family.

No matter how rich I become, I will never have housemaids.
There is a level a mother-in-law would be that you wont even be able to imagine buying her a car.

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by jesutakewe(f): 2:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
By dress well you must avoid to match with their carpet, curtain or anything i grin ;Dn the house lol

1 Like

Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2018
mattobi:

It doesn't prove that one is a wife material, yet it's the littlest of thing you could do. Every mother wants the best for her child, no mother wants her son to marry someone who doesn't know how to do one or two house chores. Come on, this is Africa, Nigeria precisely, it just shows how well groomed the prospective bribe is. Don't give your future in-law the wrongest of impressions just at your first meeting.
No mother indeed so what is wrong if a son decides to do the chores.My own mother does not expect my brother's partner who came to visit to do chores for her.That one means nothing to her.
NAH it shows nothing.
Doing chores does not mean that one is well groomed.If you see nothing wrong then you should see nothing wrong of a guy decides to see the ladies family and he offers to do chores as well.I refuse to support this is Africa when it comes to something that seem backward that is how some ladies would pretend to do house chores and easily deceive people in the name of wife material.I do not plan on doing such if I ever decide to meet my partner's family I am a guest so they should treat me as one.
Re: 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents by princfred(m): 5:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
mattobi:

I can see that u are still a young girl... Wait until u are 31 and still unmarried, u will even wash their gate.
grin undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Top 10 Mentality Of An Average Lady / Side Chicks Will Always Be Side Chicks / 10 Signs She's Not Interested In You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.