Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,754 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:40 AM

What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago (74849 Views)

The Moment 6-Storey Building Collapsed In Banana Island, Lagos (Video) / 3-storey Building Collapsed In Umuahia [PHOTOS, VIDEO] / Photo Of The Bariga Building That Collapsed In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by candygebsslim: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
Na so my hard earned money for take hang. I actually tried to get sand supplied to this site with my truck, despite giving them at a price much lower than what they get, but I was turned down.

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Adiwana: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
LuciferElohim:
Your friend is a bricklayer but you're calling him "sub-contractor".

Odinma.

Comment of the day hands down grin grin grin
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by EgusiShankly: 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
nastyesco:

Did u borrow me money to buy it
did anyone here asked you to tell us your life story??

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by golddust6000(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
The reason why many houses collaps in Nigeria are measurements and beams. You don’t use same size of beams to build storeys building, and cement mixing are the cost of house collaps in nigeria
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Oyerinde16:
THAT IS NDDC BUILDING ALONG WOJI RIAD CLOSE TO NLNG, THAT BUILDING WORK HAS BEING THERE AND ABANDONED FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS

You seem lost bro
Absolutely wrong
Completely incorrect

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by mimimiles93: 8:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
nastyesco:
Front page again...I dedicate this to my Nurse girl who left me for an okada rider back in School, Now I drive a Camry pencil light grin
Bro u will fly private jets insha Allah

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
LuciferElohim:
Your friend is a bricklayer but you're calling him "sub-contractor".

Odinma.

What part of the planet are you from? Who says a brickkayer cannot be a subcontractor? So people still have this kind of myopic brain in Nigeria?

5 Likes

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by kingjoe(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
[quote author=samuelchimmy post=73244542]Apart from wrong mm rods ,the other causes I can think of are, continuous building without break[more of foundation failure.

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:40pm On Nov 23, 2018
BESTEAGLE:
mismanagement and silly mistakes from the contractor is to blame. not mixing the concrete very well and trying to use 12mm in place of 16mm. I no that some area @ Port...don't need upstairs and the contractor needs to check very well on the damp proof course (PDÇ). he should've Chained the foundation very well...

DPC you mean?
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by FrankFrenzy(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
nastyesco:

If rain start U ll know the difference

Nice response
Don't mind all these people claiming well to do on this platform whereas in real life, 3 square meal comes to them as a testimony.
Which reasonable and right thinking human will ask the difference between Tiny light Camry(or indeed any other camry car models) and Okada.

2 Likes

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by harkandey(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
the house look well built, only God knows the best
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Bambambiglo: 8:49pm On Nov 23, 2018
FarahAideed:
Seven floors with inconsistent concrete mix on all floors cannot be safe

It's six floors dummy
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by chuzzy4luv(m): 8:54pm On Nov 23, 2018
The building is located close to THE BOSS, THE PLANET OR CLOSE TO CHEST BAR AT GRA or along SOK
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by FarahAideed: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bambambiglo:

It's six floors dummy

I read somewhere it was 7 and I didnt come here to count besides some countries count floors from the base floor so you have not mad any point so you are definitely the dummy

2 Likes

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by samopeyemi: 9:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
TEDHorsePower:

Sincerely speaking the building doesn't look like it is not being built by incompetent contractors.

Yeah.... I have always admired the work going on from far.
I saw the casting the topmost slab on Tuesday with crane.... While doing this, the lower flrs were being rendered.
But today, the building is no more. Quite unfortunate. I feel so sad.

3 Likes

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Emmaino99(m): 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Do you know what the okada man is driving now?

1 Like

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by brojoshua: 9:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
The quality blocks we make in Nigeria is very very very poor and is one of the major factors falling of buildings in Nigeria
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by dangoteinlaw: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2018
You have the resources to raise such a big project but too greedy to hire a qualified civil engineer to do a proper structurer design. As an engineer I can see everything wrong with the structure. But that's good for the client. I hope he gets arrested along with the quacks he hired to take innocent lives in the name of cutting costs.
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Mankosi: 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2018
Na pipe they use do rod?
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
atikulated2019:
why didn't jubril collapse instead

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by PennywysCares(m): 9:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
Oyerinde16:
THAT IS NDDC BUILDING ALONG WOJI RIAD CLOSE TO NLNG, THAT BUILDING WORK HAS BEING THERE AND ABANDONED FOR MORE THAN 5 YEARS
remove dust from ur eyes make u see road.

People comment u fellow comment as of u know what to comment.

Goatt
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
And people are just there with phones taking pictures, nobody is trying to find survivors.. Nawa
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Dagoma: 9:43pm On Nov 23, 2018
TEDHorsePower:
I was in PH just last month. Along Woji Road GRA, I saw this high-rise under construction. I took particular interest because a friend is a sub contractor there. Fast forward 3weeks later, the building has now collapsed.

Sincerely speaking the building doesn't look like it is not being built by incompetent contractors.

https://www.nairaland.com/4863749/breaking-30-dead-many-injured

Your friend is a quack!
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by megafone: 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
FarahAideed:
Seven floors with inconsistent concrete mix on all floors cannot be safe

I doubt that is responsible for this collapse, I think it's inadequate curing time for the concrete elements as more floors are added atop the building. Time is a major concern and project management softwares out there giving us opportunities to manipulate it here and there!

RIP to the dead!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by freshvine(f): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
a case of too much money available and contractor promising to deliver a 7 storey highrise in 3 month and this leads to concrete not curing.

that location is waterlogged, i guess they didn't do pile foundation.
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by 9jaArea: 10:02pm On Nov 23, 2018
Some people will still wonder why Nigeria engineers are not considered for major construction contracts in the country.
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by BESTEAGLE: 10:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
FrankFrenzy:

DPC you mean?
yes
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by Erastuslove: 10:25pm On Nov 23, 2018
Amateur news
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by stanflex222(f): 10:31pm On Nov 23, 2018
that building didn't collapse.. it was demolish buy the owner due to rapid defect and signs of rapid settlement..a friend of my is the site consultant and am fooling aware about the intention of demolishing the structure.
Re: What The Building That Collapsed In Port Harcourt Looked Like 3 Weeks Ago by liyahwillie(f): 10:33pm On Nov 23, 2018
joebeckz:
I was driving by when it collapsed. At GRA though I didn't stop. I hope an investigation is carried out so no future occurrence elsewhere.

I have seen a port Harcourt fellow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Swim In These Swimming Pools!? -(pics Attached) / How Much Will It Cost To Roof This House? / Can 5 Million Naira Build This House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.