Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) (1388 Views)

Nigerian Parents Have Failed In Raising This Present Generation Of Men / Most Nigerian Men Are Toxic / I Have Just 200k In My Account And My Parents Are Forcing Me To Marry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Nigerian parents are quite the loving type. They dot on you, buy you stuffs, and be there to support you. But things can get ugly really quick.

You probably never seen how badly your parents can react to you until you fail to achieve one of the Five things a Nigerian child is expected to get, while your friends and neighbors' children do.

Those who have failed Utme more than once, can attest to this, or those after NYSC are stuck home longer than usual without a job. The worst kind is Marriage forced on the ladies.

In Nigeria a child is supposed to accomplish, like his peers, 5 important achievements, which I call filters; because not everyone can and will get them.

Some people would be sieved out of the running to suffer the full unadulterated malice of their pained parents for failing them, comparing them against themselves and other well off individuals. Even if the system is stacked against them ( the kids )

In Nigeria there are 5 filters for every child most go through. Failing any is hell.

Pass UTME , Waec , and Post UTME

Enter Any School at all.

Graduate from University or poly.

Get A job

Get Married

What are your thoughts, and experiences. Share them here.

Re: Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) by izzou(m): 5:15pm On Nov 25, 2018
angry

I don't think any parent will be happy to invest in his child's education, and they keep failing. So your first three points are not necessary

As for job, some parents can be understanding. Most times, it's our attitudes towards getting one that makes them angry. Imagine a ward who's supposed to go out and hunt for opportunities sleeping and watching TV everyday.....
Re: Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) by RevenGeMission: 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2018

verry
Re: Nigerian Parents Are Toxic : Experiences..( Photos ) by 2buffagain(m): 8:12pm On Dec 04, 2018
You need to get a job to support yourself. What do you want to be? A liability?

Also, If they knew you would be the branch of their seed that will not persist itself into the future with children, why would they have even bothered? tongue

You'd be useless to the spreading their genes through out the timelines.

(1) (Reply)

"My Boyfriend Has The Right To Beat Me Anyhow If I Cheat On Him"- Nigerian Lady / Gwarimpa Living / MEN ONLY: What Will You Do If Your Wife Starves You Emotionally ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.