Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,825 members, 7,824,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) (58586 Views)

Train Attack: I Am Still Supporting Buhari - Hassan Usman, Freed Victim / Ezekwesili: Why I Pulled Out Of Presidential Race (photo) / GBoy Nick, Nigerian Soldier Escapes Boko Haram Attack. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Jose2001: 11:57pm On Nov 26, 2018
jaafree:
A place were 100 soldiers died the least we expect is a thousand terrorist dead bodies , but look at the score NA lost 100 men , BH lost less than ten. isn't this flawless . this shows how pathetic our soldiers are when it comes to training, this Ajebo soldier is complaining about "not well equipped" , is it not the same weapons that the NA are running and leaving behind that the BH are using ?, if u have a running mind u will run even if your body is covered with bullet proof from head to toe. but a brave soldiers will fight even without gun, there is knife and there is combat training also. A brave soldier will rather die honourably than to die running away. Please let them know being a soldier is a sacrifice not an enjoying job. " I wonder what some people are doing in Army when they cannot slaughter a common chicken at home "
IF I MAY ASK U?
WILL U RUN IN THE DIRECTION OF THOUSAND BULLETS WASTED?
BESIDES WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF RUNNING AWAY WITH EMPTY MAGAZINE?
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by lastempero: 12:07am On Nov 27, 2018
Sirlancelot:
And no one knows how many soldiers this 157 BN dismissed in 2016.The fight have not been won yet they keep busy dismissing soldiers. I am a dismissed personnel from that very battalion. Its unfortunate but I give glory to God.

Please tell me the truth is this war real or something that is been sponsored by the powers that be?
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by lastempero: 12:15am On Nov 27, 2018
I kept wondering how this brave soldiers wasted there life for these criminals called politicians angry
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Jose2001: 12:17am On Nov 27, 2018
FarahAideed:

Those MRAPs where donated to Nigeria in 2014
WHERE U IN THE BATTALION WHEN THE MRAPs WERE DONATED TO THEM
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by CodeTemplar: 12:37am On Nov 27, 2018
HigherEd:

You people are ridiculous. Why don't you go and join the battle. My friend in the military posted to borno told me that the average weapons boko uses is anti aircraft guns. Their range and intensity is superior to the AK47 Nigerian soldiers.
Until Nigeria starts procuring F-16s and the like capable of giving cover then Nigeria may continue to lose this battle.

It might be time for us to call in the US Airforce for assistance in this war.
Agreed, the Nigerian Army needs powerful guns to match BH but what happens when they turn those guns on peaceful Nigerians trying to protest a noble cause?
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by FarahAideed: 12:47am On Nov 27, 2018
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Nobody: 1:36am On Nov 27, 2018
Absoj:
its self explanatory. Ammo isn't enof.

Haba my brother, they got a letter from boko commander stating categorically he & his troops are coming to occupy that base, mind you that was almost two weeks before the attack- I think that's enough to procure enough ammunitions & prepare defense structures, set up mines & position ur artillery well well, in essence, enough time to decimate your enemy or in worst case repel him.

Even if they somehow haven't seen that letter, the watch tower saw boko convoy an hour before them reach the base, As a base commander in this situation. am pretty sure he knows the quantity of ammunition him get. if no be enough, Na to prepare for a tactical retreat while leave mines every where in the base As they withdraw..

The main sole responsibility of a commander is to be cool under pressure, analyze, think & order his troops. A competent commander always has troops high in morale, they trust him with thier lives ,

P.S DO YOU KNOW CJTF CONFRONTS BOKO BOYS WITH DANE GUNS, CUTLASSES & DOUBLE BARREL, AND CJTF WINS IN ALMOST EVERY ENCOUNTER. Because they are ready to die for thier home just like boko is ready to die for whatever it is they fight for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by SIRTee15: 2:23am On Nov 27, 2018
It's now very obvious nigerian military can't defend this nation.....
Corruption and nepotism has destroyed the nigerian military and the result is what we see unfolding in northeast....
Poor training, connection based promotions amongst the ranks, obsolete weaponry and artillery, poor morals of infantry and extremely corrupt officials has rendered our military incompetent....
Now boko haram is teaching other insurgent groups how not to deal with the nigerian army, exposing their flaws and vulnerability...
Nigeria is a time bomb and it's only a matter before it explodes....
The nigerian military has always been the factor forcing the unity of this country....
Now that the centre cannot hold, the questions is when will things fall apart....

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by smartkester(m): 2:26am On Nov 27, 2018
Jose2001:

IF I MAY ASK?
CAN'T THEY CALL ANY NEARBY BATTALION OR BRIGADE TO ASSIST AS THEY HAD LIKE AN HOUR TO PREPARE
probably they thought it was a mere battle they could contain considering the fact that a batallion has over 200 soldiers. The massive attack with the confiscated weapons by the BH caught them off guard

But left to me i would still blame them for not planning for the worst which is to make escape route in between the barb wires before the attack because from all indications the barb wires and trenches caused more deaths
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by andy4d2ofus(m): 2:31am On Nov 27, 2018
ChaleeBendel:

You can't really blame the foot soldiers. Their combat vehicles and ammunition were those procured when Shagari (and Jonathan) were presidents.

Where are the weapons after approving 1billion naira
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Moety: 2:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Pontaboki:
Sarrki and Madridguy should be sent to the war front Asap.When boko boys come let them shout sai baba.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 27, 2018
FarahAideed:

You don't need much for an ambush.. the power of the ambush lies in the surprise it springs and it's ability distort the battle plan of the enemy ... Even even three well placed snipers and a couple of mines can create a perfect ambush and if the CO knew he didn't have enough ammo to hold fort he should have called for a tactical retreat and moved our T72 out of there instead of leaving it for Boko haram to steal

That is all they need. Mines, drones, snipers and a pile of white phosphorus bombs and projectiles fired from howitzers miles away. They should go YouTube and watch how it's done by US marines. They burst arses right in the middle of the enemy even with bombs going off left right and center. Nigerian soldiers are wimps.

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Caution30: 5:57am On Nov 27, 2018
Tonalphs:
Nigerians are so filled with hate. Y'all have forgotten that these soldiers being ridiculed are sacrificing their lives for ours. If they stand back or turn back like y'all are saying, who would protect the citizens of Nigeria. I expect us to hold our politicians and chief of staff accountable for the huge amount of ammunition allocated to them than hate. Our soldiers are able to long as they have the right ammunition to battle. If you have a loved one in the military you will know what it means n how it feels when all people do is hate n blame these soldiers..
Someone has to protect the nation. Please let's respect those that have n are
This the most sensible post on this thread
I am surprised, when people blame the foot soldiers.
They are out risking their lives, while many are here typing trash.
If these guys are well equipped and motivated, this BH menace would have ended long ago.
But there are people at the top, who benefits from all chaos.Saddly, Many of us cannot see this because we are blinded by political affiliation or religious and tribe sentiments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by jaafree: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2018
Jose2001:

IF I MAY ASK U?
WILL U RUN IN THE DIRECTION OF THOUSAND BULLETS WASTED?
BESIDES WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF RUNNING AWAY WITH EMPTY MAGAZINE?
. Running is never the first option nor the second in the military. why even running when there is no place to run to. had it been all these wasted 100soldiers stay and fight instead of running so many BH scores will be counted either
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Jose2001: 8:14am On Nov 27, 2018
jaafree:
. Running is never the first option nor the second in the military. why even running when there is no place to run to. had it been all these wasted 100soldiers stay and fight instead of running so many BH scores will be counted either
THAT WAS THE ONLY RESORT LEFT FOR THEM.
WHAT IS THE NEXT THING THAT COMES TO UR HEAD WHEN I SEE A SUPERIOR FIRE
ISN'T IT TO RUN (TACTICAL RETREAT AS IT IS CALLED)
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by calculator123(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Sirlancelot:
No punishment only if you stay out if trouble. As you are a deserter,don't claim being a soldier or wear the camo on your body. Once you do that nothing bad happen.just live a normal life devoid of walaha
thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Tonalphs(f): 10:14am On Nov 27, 2018
Caution30:

This the most sensible post on this thread
I am surprised, when people blame the foot soldiers.
They are out risking their lives, while many are here typing trash.
If these guys are well equipped and motivated, this BH menace would have ended long ago.
But there are people at the top, who benefits from all chaos.Saddly, Many of us cannot see this because we are blinded by political affiliation or religious and tribe sentiments
Thanks dear. It is well with Nigeria. I have so many military friends from army to naf. Four in Borno fa. Hate shouldn't be our thing at this point in time. I'll rather we speak up for these helpless soldiers. Things I've heard eh, you'll just know Nigeria needs cleansing from the top politicians and military officers. If all of them are wiped out, give these soldiers the right ammunition n see these terrorists become a thing of the past.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by jayextra(m): 10:36am On Nov 27, 2018
imam07:
Pls can any1 help dis guy to interpret dis post to english because i no too understand french
Ewu are u that daft/dumb?...Get a life midget.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by imam07: 10:51am On Nov 27, 2018
jayextra:
Ewu are u that daft/dumb?...Get a life midget.
Eranko. It pained u.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by jayextra(m): 10:55am On Nov 27, 2018
imam07:
Eranko. It pained u.
*Chuckles* did u say pained?...now i believe u lack the ability to comprehend...Low self esteemed brain cells *spits*
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by showafrica(m): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2018
Alezy:
they ran after they saw they were been over powered

A friends brother is among those who fled and he said over 120 soldiers lost their life. Boko haram guys drove into the soldiers camp with solders truck, gun, clothes and all

Just read again, those who ran when they ran out of weapons were the ones who were slaughtered like chicken. The first set of cowards who ran before the gun battle survived. Look at it this way, boko were arriving and shooting started, some started escaping already. Boko won't be able to pursue them because, shoot out is still going on. However, when they ran out of weapons, boko now chased after them.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Pocoloco: 11:17am On Nov 27, 2018
adedayourt:

Only av d video, don't av link and videos can't b posted on nairaland
. Please if you can forward it through WhatsApp I'll appreciate 09096011703
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by imam07: 11:50am On Nov 27, 2018
jayextra:
*Chuckles* did u say pained?...now i believe u lack the ability to comprehend...Low self esteemed brain cells *spits*
is u dat have d problem to write a comprehensive post. Not dat am too good but put down something others will understand. U can spit whatever u like. I only said some1 to interpret ur post jokingly and u took it personal. But as u have a mouth as razor, u cld not kept mute.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Malawian(m): 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
Boko Haram is a Kanuri fight to prevent subjugation from the Fulani. Fulani never defeated them like they did to the Hausas, too bad it is Igbos the Fulani are using to fight their proxy war against Kanuri. Argue with your ancestor please.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Splashme: 12:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
ChaleeBendel:

You can't really blame the foot soldiers. Their combat vehicles and ammunition were those procured when Shagari (and Jonathan) were presidents.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by jayextra(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2018
imam07:
is u dat have d problem to write a comprehensive post. Not dat am too good but put down something others will understand. U can spit whatever u like. I only said some1 to interpret ur post jokingly and u took it personal. But as u have a mouth as razor, u cld not kept mute.
Lmao joke kee u thr ewu...if u dont understand a comment ask someone to explain it for u or rather ask me with a more sensible reply...hope u dig?
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by imam07: 2:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
jayextra:
Lmao joke kee u thr ewu...if u dont understand a comment ask someone to explain it for u or rather ask me with a more sensible reply...hope u dig?
u said i shld ask some1 is dat not wht i did and u attacked me.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by jayextra(m): 2:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
imam07:
u said i shld ask some1 is dat not wht i did and u attacked me.
Hehehehehe biko ayon remember attacking u,i was only stating facts...Nxt time u want to ask,State ur points on whr u got lost and ask sensibly okay.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Caution30: 5:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tonalphs:

Thanks dear. It is well with Nigeria. I have so many military friends from army to naf. Four in Borno fa. Hate shouldn't be our thing at this point in time. I'll rather we speak up for these helpless soldiers. Things I've heard eh, you'll just know Nigeria needs cleansing from the top politicians and military officers. If all of them are wiped out, give these soldiers the right ammunition n see these terrorists become a thing of the past.
If it gonna be well with Nigeria then the average Nigerian need to change their mind set, holding their leader accountable, address national issues base on merit not on sentiments.
I am a barrack brought up, and have seen family we lost their love ones to the Liberia and Sierra Leone civil war,It was such a devastating experience
So when they are out there trying to defend the country,we have to support them with our prayers.
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
imam07:
Why war Ojukwu was unable to do dat?

Boy the first man that tried inventing electricity wasn't successful either... It didn't stop the second man from trying
Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by Tonalphs(f): 7:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
Caution30:

If it gonna be well with Nigeria then the average Nigerian need to change their mind set, holding their leader accountable, address national issues base on merit not on sentiments.
I am a barrack brought up, and have seen family we lost their love ones to the Liberia and Sierra Leone civil war,It was such a devastating experience
So when they are out there trying to defend the country,we have to support them with our prayers.
Good to chat with a barracks person like me... Proudly NN... Boo n future spouse is NA... I'm a prayer warrior for Boo. Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) by equity1(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2018
Sirlancelot:

Its plainly due to 13 days AWOL I embarked on in order to write my final year exams.An action I regreted.Not only me,about 100 plus was dismissed on account of desert.Six months no,communication with my loved ones,the reason for going AWOL.At that point in time I expect nothing less than IHL,menial punishment.But alas,we are handed outright dismissal from the service. I don't expect this to have gone to that level judging from the volatile counter insurgency operations going on.
In everything give God glory, he knows better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi In A Group Photo With His Classmates In 1977 / Princess Eliana Godswill-Edward's Birthday Party (Photos) / Police Clamp Down On #RevolutionNow Protesters In Lagos, Osun (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.