Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended (14537 Views)

Lagos Declares Total Clampdown On Alcohol Sales, Street Trading In Parks, Garage / Amaechi: Wike Is A Drunk, Spends N50m On Alcohol Per Week / LCC Says Toll Tariff On The Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Is Not Getting Increased (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by NLandIsHypocrit: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Which kind consultation?, I am 100% with FG on this very issue. This companies makes billions yet their products only cause more harm than good to Nigerians and you are saying some so-called stakeholders must be consulted before increasing taxes/tariffs to them!
See how you struggle to sound as if you have sense. Aboki! Do you think that the companies has anything to lose if not the local consumers? If the federal government increases the tax tariff they will simply increase their products and will probably be making more profit even, then the local consumers will continue to bear the blunt while the federal government will be feeling comfortable in their increment not minding who suffers it.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by igwefivestar(m): 2:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Which kind consultation?, I am 100% with FG on this very issue. This companies makes billions yet their products only cause more harm than good to Nigerians and you are saying some so-called stakeholders must be consulted before increasing taxes/tariffs to them!
so u want beer to be 5h in this town?

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by GenFunction: 2:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state

Don't dictate to nobody how to live their lives.

.no mind am

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by quickly: 2:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Who are the stakeholders? No religion on earth permits drinking of alcohol, even smoking is prohibited as it's not beneficial to our health. I'm not surprise must of the NASS are drunkards, while some own beer parlours.

religion is man made. and made by the elite to control the masses.

sharia in northern states have turned the youths to be high consumers of codeine.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
I only know that both Islam and Christianity did not permitted alcohols but unfortunately some are taking it as if its allowed.
Not all Nigerians are Christian or Muslims

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Firstpage: 2:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
ednut1:
The states that ban alcohol should not be allowed to share VAT from alcohol too

Why do stupid people like you litter this forum? Is buhari the one that enacted the existing law? What brought Buhari into this?
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Shookonekilla: 2:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
[s]
Quality20:
Is Australia that forbid alcohol for d aborigines trying to islamize them also? I don't know why supposedly educated ppl take CAN propaganda of islamization ,hook line and sinker? I as a Muslim with my intellect I don't take everything a cleric, imam or sheikh preaches just lime that I apply my God given intellect to judge. I might not challenge anyone openly but I still think about it, its implications, rationality, and context most importantly.
If ur pastor tell u that Buhari wanna islamize d country, u shd have asked him how that is gonna be in a country like Nigeria with all its peculiarities? How islamized is Buhari himself while in d army and now? How would d western countries allow an Islamic state, at this time when they are setting a new world secular order, where they want all heavenly religions downgraded and heinous activities like same sex union promoted?
[/s]

Buhari's plan to islamize Nigeria will not work

Forget all this your emotional blackmail propaganda

You have all failed

3 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Nigeria is not an Islamic state

Don't dictate to nobody how to live their lives.

is anyone talking about Islam here. Anyways Christianity is have no principles that's why most of you furnicate and see nothing bad in it

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by ednut1(m): 3:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Firstpage:

Why do stupid people like you litter this forum? Is buhari the one that enacted the existing law? What brought Buhari into this?
where did u see buhari in my post U are daft and dull
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Are u a drunkard?

Your IQ is too low man, very low.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by lordtexzy: 3:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
cheesy na so
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by BanevsJoker(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
I only know that both Islam and Christianity did not permitted alcohols but unfortunately some are taking it as if its allowed.
Jesus turned water into wine. Not juice, wine. I know you believe Boko is Haram, but try to educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by brainhgeek(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
I SUPPORT THE MOTION THAT A FORM OF LEVY SHOULD BE IMPOSED ON CHURCHES, MOSQUES, SHRINES, SMALL BUSINESSES AND VERY HEAVY TAXES ON ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO.
THEY ALL MAKE MONEY AND SOME SHOULD NOT BE AN UNDERCOVER TO HAUL MONEY.
THE HOUSE CAN CRY ME A RIVER, I STAND WITH F.G ON THIS. WE DO NOT NEED DRUNKARDS AND DRUG LORDS TO RULE US
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by idesylvester(m): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2018
Are you sure you know the Bible very well. Bible prohibit abuse of Alcohol not just intake
ManirBK:
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by voltageman: 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
THIS OFFER IS STRICTLY FOR NGOs AND NOT-FOR PROFIT FOUNDATIONS/ORGANISATIONS!

Each non-profit organization exists for a certain purpose. Website visitors who are not familiar with the organization should be able to quickly get an idea of the purpose when visiting the site for the first time
With this, we provide solutions that can further help genuine NGOs put smiles on faces that truly need them

What You Get!

- SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
- 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
- Free Domain for 1 Year
- Beautiful Crafted NGO-focused Website with Solid SEO
- SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
- Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
- Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
- Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
- Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
- 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
- Unlimited Hosting Space

Let’s support you to continue to put smiles on faces....the Digital Way

Get NOW for N19,999!

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Friend01(m): 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
BanevsJoker:

Jesus turned water into wine. Not juice, wine. I know you believe Boko is Haram, but try to educate yourself.

Imagine Jesus turned water to. wine and it makes it absolutely legal to consume .
I understand if it is good for. our God(Jesus) then it is good for us.

Boko is harām to those who don't know Islamic history.
The thing you all call Western education was stated and made formal by the Muslims.

Read about Fatimah Al-fihri the first person ( muslim woman for that matter) to establish an institution issuing certificates upon graduation.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Friend01(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

Buhari's plan to islamize Nigeria will not work

Forget all this your emotional blackmail propaganda

You have all failed

I agree Buhari want to Islāmise Nigeria on Nairaland.
And he will make you, your excellency the Chief Zebrudaya Mr. Bean the 1 as the 'khalifah'of newly found Islamic state.

when rumours are peddled by ignoramuses and believed by simpletons I just close my eyes and heave a sigh of relief knowing foolish people are abound to create and atmosphere for laughter.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by mylove4God(f): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:

Live and let others live, you don't have to force someone to accept things because you beluve it will be beneficial to him or her. This is not a sharia country and moreover nobody is forcing them to drink is smoke, IT IS THEIR CHOICE
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Friend01(m): 4:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
quickly:

religion is man made. and made by the elite to control the masses.

sharia in northern states have turned the youths to be high consumers of codeine.

And you think you have made sense?

I no blame you.
Na Seun I blame wey e give goats, sheep, ram and imbeciles make dem talk wetin dem no know.
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Friend01(m): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:

Taking alcohol is a choice

That Sharia forbids it doesn't mean other religion must do the same .

I'm a Muslim and I take alcohol when necessary

A Muslim that drinks alcohol when he deems it necessary?

And you think it is permitted?

Do you really know what you are talking about?
As in, do you really know the implication of this statement ?

If you know it is not permissible as a Muslim and you still go ahead after the matter have been
made clear to you.
Then you might well be on your way out of Islām if you think it is permissible to consume .
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by emsco91(m): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is why inflation rate is on the high. They dont want us to high in peace anymore. . .
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Shookonekilla: 4:49pm On Nov 28, 2018
[s]
Friend01:

I agree Buhari want to Islāmise Nigeria on Nairaland.
And he will make you, your excellency the Chief Zebrudaya Mr. Bean the 1 as the 'khalifah'of newly found Islamic state.

when rumours are peddled by ignoramuses and believed by simpletons I just close my eyes and heave a sigh of relief knowing foolish people are abound to create and atmosphere for laughter.
[/s]

Jihadist enabler

You cannot beguile me with your propaganda !

The Lord Jesus will expose you

As you all gather to plan the extermination of Christian's in Aso Rock all in the name of security meeting so shall you all fail
.the holy ghost has exposed you to men of God

Your plans will fail

2 Likes

Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2018
Lenadiva:
Na dah one we send them abi?. We have pressing issues that need our legislatures attention but they choosed to attend to the ones that has nothing to do with the common man. Irrelevant law makers ko law breakers ne ma.
who told u e no affect d common man... most common man drink and smoke u guys shd reason logically Biko
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by grandstar(m): 5:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:

The bible condemns excess of wine but not wine intake.

As long as its taken in moderation, no wahala (Psalms 104:15, 1 Timothy 5:23)

Pastors must stop imposing a personal dislike of alcohol on others. They should keep to what the bible teaches.or it becomes a man made teaching
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by quickly: 6:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
Friend01:

And you think you have made sense?

I no blame you.
Na Seun I blame wey e give goats, sheep, ram and imbeciles make dem talk wetin dem no know.

see fool what do u know

did God make religion? where in koran or bible that God started a religion

abi u dont have brain...think for a minute or longer

God created the universe,ocean plants and animals

Every other thing is man made

King of saudi DEY shak alcohol and champagne
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by rummmy: 6:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=NaijaRoyelty post=73374308]

Your business ?

Like I've said before , Nigeria is not an Islamic state so stop telling people how to live their life.

Total Islamization of Nigeria is one dream that would never come true , so stop wasting your time .[/quot]this man is really evil
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by pat1612(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
Imagine for them to work on reducing tariff on medicine and other consumables that are essential they are working to reduce taxes on a commodities that are for luxury angry
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by VajanahDischaj(f): 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Who are the stakeholders? No religion on earth permits drinking of alcohol, even smoking is prohibited as it's not beneficial to our health. I'm not surprise must of the NASS are drunkards, while some own beer parlours.
so the pollution from petroleums and open defecation is okay for the health bah? This is not the United Arab Emirates
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by BigIyanga: 7:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
ManirBK:
Are u a drunkard?
But exercise duty and taxes from alcohol fund schools, roads and hospitals in your state/lga
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Chuksfela1(m): 8:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Make dey live achohol 4 us
Re: Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
Islamization 101...

Next is to....

Tax churches.
Make a martial law against evangelism.
1000% increase on tariff on Bible...

etc. .....

This is what useless Christians from Southwest caused, thinking they were doing GEJ........

BUHARIS SECOND TENURE WILL BE THE FULL MANIFESTATION OF THE ANTICHRIST IN NIGERIA...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah To FG: Stop Southern Governors From Enacting Anti-Grazing Laws / Senators, Reps Lament: We’re Not Recouping Campaign Spending / Where Nigeria Is Heading In The Next 10 Years - Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.