Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

The Godmother - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Godmother (126972 Views)

The Godmother by SeyiDominion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 11:20am On Mar 13, 2019
dis kind punishment no make sense ooooo!! make d goddess kukuma kill me na. op u too much

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 5:13am On Mar 14, 2019
For the next six days, Tope was able to maintain his abstinence, though with great difficulty. He had cut off his links with his regular gals, including Lagos-based Linda. His greatest challenger was his wife.

‘It’s a week now that you have been keeping to yourself,’ she said. ‘Maybe you’re tired of me and you want me to go.’

‘No, no, Rita. I can’t be tired of you, dear. Don’t talk like that.’

‘So, why’re you treating me like an abandoned rag? Why?’

‘You’re not a rag, and you’ll never be. This thing is just for a little while. It will soon be over.’

‘It’s only a week out of three months. It’s still a long way to go.’

His mind was swirling with ideas. ‘Can I suggest something?’

She looked at him suspiciously. ‘What?’

‘You can get yourself intimacy gadgets. Get yourself the best of them. I’ll give you the money for that.’

‘I’m married, for God’s sake! Why should I seek desire from toys, when my husband should be there for me?’

‘But, it’s just for a while.’

‘No, I won’t take that. I don’t want it!’

He became exasperated. Just then his phone rang. It was Iye on the line.

‘Good evening, sister,’ he greeted. That was the normal way he addressed Iye any time she called and his wife was around.

‘Good evening. I can see that you’ve kept to my words in the last one week.’

He nodded. ‘Yes, sister.’

‘I can also see that your wife is seriously becoming uncomfortable with your abstinence.’

‘That is very true. That is very true.’

‘Let me sound this warning to you: never in your life must you sleep with any other woman than your wife again.’

He nodded. ‘That is taken, sister.’

‘I’m very serious, mind you.’

‘Of course, I know.’

‘Remember to treat your wife with utmost respect.’

‘Yes, I will. No problem with that.’

‘Alright. For her sake, your abstinence is hereby lifted.’

‘Ah, that is wonderful. Thank you, my great sister.’

Rita had been studying him in puzzlement. She could see how his mood transformed from soberness to that of excitement.

‘And who was that you were speaking with?’ she asked as soon as he dropped his phone.

‘Oh, it’s my sister, now,’ he said, beaming in smile.

‘Which of your sisters?’

‘Ah, forget it. You don’t know her. She’s based in Yobe state.’

‘How come I don’t know her as she has never visited us?’

He shrugged. ‘Don’t worry, very soon, she’ll pay us a visit.’

She still looked at him critically. ‘Then, your mood has changed. What’s happening?’

He came to her and lifted her. ‘Why is my darling Rita full of questions today?’

‘Because your darling Rita is concerned about you.’

‘Thanks for your concern.’

He surprised her by kissing her. This was the same man that had virtually been avoiding close contacts with her in the last few days.

‘Has your “sister” lifted your abstinence?’ she asked.

He was surprised by her question. ‘What do you mean?’

‘Before you received the call, you were very sober. In the last few days, you did not touch me. All of a sudden, after receiving the call, you
came alive and hugged me. Is it not obvious that she was the one that changed your mood?’

‘I’m happy because she gives me good news’

Rita smiled. ‘What good news?’

‘Oh come on, Rita. Enough of your questioning. Let that one go.’

‘Is she the one you called the prophet?’

For many seconds, there was silence. Her questions were so striking and he wondered why.

‘Alright,’ he finally said. ‘She is the one.’

She nodded. ‘Who is she to you? Don’t tell me that “sister stuff” because it’s not true.’

He sighed and went to sit on the sofa. Just how much could he reveal to her? He thought fast. He must be very wise.

‘Well, all I can say is that she’s like a prophetess, and she’s more like my spiritual consultant.’

His wife came to sit by his side, finding the whole scenario interesting.

‘She told me to observe abstinence for some days for spiritual strength. She guides me a lot on spiritual matters.’ He looked at her. ‘It’s okay
Rita, there’s nothing bad in seeking protection.’

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

READ OTHER STORIES: https://hearts4real..com/

3 Likes

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 6:37pm On Mar 15, 2019
His wife came to sit by his side, finding the whole scenario interesting.

‘She told me to observe abstinence for some days for spiritual strength. She guides me a lot on spiritual matters.’ He looked at her. ‘It’s okay

Rita, there’s nothing bad in seeking protection.’

She nodded, but somehow, she still felt something was wrong somewhere.

The next day in the office, Helen could sense that happiness was in the air as her boss now seemed to be relaxed and friendly. But she noticed that he would still not physically touch her. Based on Iye’s warning that he must never be unfaithful to his wife again, he had decided to ‘adore fidelity.’ That meant it was final bye-bye to all his call girls. Minutes after noon, Zaynab gave him a call.

‘There’s something I want to tell you,’ she said. ‘Can we meet in the guest house where we used to meet?’

‘Hope no problem?’ he asked.

‘No. it’s something that will interest you.’

‘Okay. What time?’

‘Let’s meet by six o’clock.’

‘Okay. I’ll be there.’

He stayed in the office till five, so that the driver would take him to the guest house. Zay was already there, but instead of meeting in the lobby, she asked that he should come to her room.

She opened the door for him and he was surprised to see her clad only in a t-shirt and a bum short.

‘I thought we were having a meeting,’ he said curiously.

‘Of course, this is a meeting.’ She pointed a seat for him.

He sat down expectantly.

‘What drinks do I serve you?’

He shook his head. ‘I don’t need any drinks right now.’

‘Alright, since you want me to go straight to the point, I’ll do so. I want to start by mentioning a regret I have.’

‘Regret? What regret is that?’

‘I regret marrying the senator.’

His brows went up. ‘Why the regret?’

‘Good question.’ She warmed up to her story. ‘I realized that the man is very weak in bed. He is a two-minute man. He is so drab and un-
inspiring. Even at that, sometimes, for two weeks, this man will not even look at my side. Honestly, I’m getting fed up.’

He looked blank. What did she want him to do about these very personal problems?

‘Wait a minute, is that what you wanted to discuss with me?’

‘Yes. I want us to reason and find a solution to it.’

He opened his mouth in shock. ‘Your posturing is confounding, Madam Zaynab. How can I be of help in a situation like this?’

‘Very good question.’ She moved closer to him. ‘I remember you as a great lover who took me to a greater height in passionate satisfaction.

Her hand went to his jacket. ‘I want us to be back together, Tope. You’re such a great lover.’

He stood up and moved away from her. ‘You must be kidding. What we did was before you married. Now, you’re a married woman. We can’t do that again.’

‘It doesn’t matter. Once we’re discreet about it, it doesn’t matter at all.’

He shook his head. ‘I’m sorry, I can’t. I can’t do such a thing anymore.’

She was surprised to hear that. ‘Hey Tope, this is your Zaynab. Your Zay.’

‘Things have changed,’ he said. ‘I don’t do that kind of thing again. If there’s nothing else to discuss, I’ll like to take my leave now. Thanks for
remembering me, but no thanks.’

With that, he left the room and the guest house, to her shock. Was this not Tope Davies, the one who jumped at her offer with so much zeal?

On his way home, Iye called him.

‘Promotion will soon come your way,’ she said.

‘Thank you, Iye. Thank you very much. May you live long.’

‘Keep up your devotion.’

‘Thank you.’

Just as she said, a week later, the Sectary to the Central Government (SCG) informed his that his name would soon be announced and
forwarded to the national assembly as Minister of State to replace a resigned holder.

Rita was overjoyed to hear the announcement. She hugged him lovingly.

‘My darling, the Honorable Minister,’ she said, laughing.

‘That’s me.’

He was indeed amazed by the growing influence, power and authority that he had. In the last two and half years, he had risen from a Program Officer in the NGO run by the First Lady to become Senior Special Assistant and now he would become a junior Minister! Everything had been so meteoric! It was an amazing phenomenon of life. His mind went to Iye. She was his pillar and his strength. In fact, she meant everything to him. He must strive never to do anything that would hurt her again.

GET THE FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

READ MORE STORIES: https://hearts4real..com/

3 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 7:19pm On Mar 15, 2019
nice update op
Re: The Godmother by Fazemood(m): 11:47pm On Mar 15, 2019
Hmm, I need this prosperity in my life now o. But not from iye
Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 12:51am On Mar 16, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 6:53am On Mar 16, 2019
Just as she said, a week later, the Sectary to the Central Government (SCG) informed his that his name would soon be announced and forwarded to the national assembly as Minister of State to replace a resigned holder.

Rita was overjoyed to hear the announcement. She hugged him lovingly.

‘My darling, the Honorable Minister,’ she said, laughing.

‘That’s me.’

He was indeed amazed by the growing influence, power and authority that he had. In the last two and half years, he had risen from a Program Officer in the NGO run by the First Lady to become Senior Special Assistant and now he would become a junior Minister! Everything had been so meteoric! It was an amazing phenomenon of life. His mind went to Iye. She was his pillar and his strength. In fact, she meant everything to him. He must strive never to do anything that would hurt her again.

‘Let’s go and do thanksgiving in the church,’ Rita told her husband.

‘I don’t think there would be need for that,’ he answered.

That was another thing she found odd about him. He never agreed to such a suggestion. Most times, he would not follow her to the church.

‘Even if a woman is helping you spiritually, you can still go to the church and give God the glory. He is king of all kings,’ she argued.

‘I already thank God. Must I enter a church before I thank God?’

He was screened and cleared by security agencies and the national assembly. Without any ado, he became the Minister of State for Mass Media.

He received congratulatory messages from far and wide. Success has many friends. His former colleagues in the media, his publisher, friends and associates all felicitated with him. Even Linda, his erstwhile Lagos babe, called to congratulate him.

He had become a public figure. And he was a model to other young people. At thirty-eight, it was no mean feat to be a Minister, even a Minister of State. The Ministry he was over-seeing was the one dealing directly with the publics – the media houses, media hounds and the general public. He tried to carry out his duties to the best of his ability and not try to overshadow the senior Minister who had given him more roles to play.

He also had direct access to the President now. He realized that power was sweet and desirable. He could understand why many were jostling for power and why some would see it as do-or-die affair. Being on the seat of power especially in a country like Nigeria gave you access to state power, apparatuses and resources. He tried to be as diligent as possible.

Zaynab came around to pay him a visit.

‘Congrats, Mr. Tope Davies on your appointment,’ she said in smiles.

‘Thank you, Madam Zaynab.’

She sat in his office. ‘You must be very lucky. You’ve moved up the political ladder so fast.’

‘Yes, I’m indeed luck. I must thank providence.’

‘Ah, we thank God.’

There was a brief silence.

‘And now that you’ve moved up here, you want to forget your Zaynab.’

He shook his head. ‘That’s not true. You know I can never forget you. It was wonderful working with you and other people at the NGO.’

She made a face. ‘Is that all you can remember me for? Is that all that Zay meant to you?’

He shook his head. ‘Oh, come on, madam, I can’t forget the fact that you were also a good friend.’

That appeared to please her a bit. ‘I’m divorcing the senator,’ she blurted out.

He was surprised. ‘Why would you do that?’

‘It’s a listless relationship. Once again, I made mistake of jumping to marriage. At forty-three, I should be wiser. Well,’ – she shrugged – ‘it’s
not too late. There’s no point in continuing an unhappy affair. I’ve told him I’m opting out. I want the exuberant and happy Zaynab back.’

He appeared briefly thoughtful and then shrugged. ‘Well, I wish you the best of luck.’

He knew she was trying to rekindle his interest, but sorry, he would no tread on that path again. He was cool in his responses. After that day, Zay was back in his office three months later.

‘You keep on snubbing me,’ she said.

‘That’s not true. I won’t do that. It’s just that I’ve been very busy.’

‘So busy you cannot even spare few minutes to call an old friend?’

He smiled. ‘You’re quite right. I’m sorry about that.’ He studied he well and it looked like she had done a face lift. She looked a bit prettier and younger now.

‘Can’t I have some private moments with you just to chat?’ she said in a very soft tone. He appeared to think over it. If he was very careful, maybe it was not a bad thing.

‘If it’s just to chat, that shouldn’t be a problem.’

Her smile became very warm. ‘I’ve left the senator’s house. I can come around on Friday by four. Then I’ll take you to my new residence. What about that?’

He smiled too. ‘That should not be a problem.’

‘Good. On Friday, I’ll be round. I’ll take you to my new residence and we can just talk privately.’

He nodded. ‘That should be alright.’

That Friday, Zay was around as she had said. He dismissed his retinue of security men, leaving only an official car, a driver and his police
orderly. His car followed Zay’s car as she led him to her house at Wuse District. It was a white duplex that looked exquisite. He followed her inside to the sitting-room while the driver and the orderly waited outside.

‘This is my new place,’ she announced proudly.

‘You rented this whole place?’ he asked.

‘No. I bought it.’

He nodded to himself. Surely, Zaynab too was highly connected.

He sat in her expansive sitting-room while she excused herself. He took the time to look around the sitting-room and it was easy to see that Zaynab would not stop being an aesthete. Some few minutes later, she was back, wearing a camisole on bum short.

‘Your children,’ he said, ‘are they around?’

‘No, they’ve gone back to school. They’re boarders.’

He nodded. ‘A nice place you have here.’

She smiled. ‘Thank you.’

She went to the in-built bar and brought a bottle of red wine and two glasses. She poured the drinks in glasses and handed him one. Then, she sat close to him and crossed her legs. He wanted to avoid looking at those luscious legs, but he could not.

‘I’m honored to have you in my house,’ she said.

‘The honor is mine.’

They sipped their drinks. ‘There’re certain things I’ve learnt,’ she went on.

‘Like what?’

‘Like the fact that love is not always as simple as we want it to be.’

He nodded. ‘Hmn.’

‘I’ve also learn that you should do what you like, not what you think others expect you to do.’

He nodded without saying a word.

‘There’s also a discovery I’ve made.’

His brows went up. ‘What discovery?’

Read full story from: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by lukfame(m): 7:53am On Mar 16, 2019
Thanks for the update. You have been doing well sir.

More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 11:41am On Mar 16, 2019
nice work op

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Remite011(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2019
what again did u discover?

thanks for d update

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 4:18pm On Mar 17, 2019
He nodded without saying a word.

‘There’s also a discovery I’ve made.’

His brows went up. ‘What discovery?’

She took her time before she answered him. ‘I’ve discovered that I feel relaxed and at ease whenever I chat with you.’

He smiled briefly. ‘Is that so?’

‘Yes.’ She stared into his eyes. ‘I miss you, Tope. I miss you the way I’ve never missed a man before.’

He sighed and was thoughtful. This could be dangerous. ‘Zay, I think there are numerous other men who are better, more politically connected
and richer than me. Let’s remove sentiments.’

‘I’m not talking about wealth or power here. I’m talking about feelings. I’m talking about friendship and companionship.’

‘Tope is married. He should be devoted to his wife,’ he pointed out.

‘Yes, yet I have feelings too and I have the right to express myself.’

She moved closer to him and placed her right hand on his lap. He did not remove it nor move away from her. He only pretended he didn’t see what she did.

‘Let’s be good friends. Very good friends,’ she offered.

He wanted her. By Jove, he did. But what about Iye’s warning?

She rubbed the hands on his thigh. Maybe, he should be discreet. Maybe, he would plead with Iye to overlook his lasciviousness. It was funny
he was not really thinking of trying not to cheat on Rita. Rather, he was concerned about how Iye would feel and react.

‘The short time we were together was the sweetest of my life,’ she said. ‘Of what use is this big house if I own it but I live in unhappiness?’

Slowly, her hand crawled on his thigh to where the zip of his trousers was. It then lingered there.

Be a man, his mind said. Be a man.

‘What makes you think I can give you the happiness you crave for?’

She smiled. ‘Because you have done so before, although briefly. I cherished the moments we used to have together, Tope.’

He studied her face and features more. Apart from the fact that the face was prettier and younger, she had shed weight a bit. Then he could see that her boobs appeared firm although she was braless. She must have done some breast-firming uplift job there.

‘I know what you’re thinking about,’ she said, smiling.

‘What’s that?’

‘You were wondering about my boobs. Yes, I did some uplift work on them. I did them for you.’

He shook his head. ‘That can’t be true.’

She held his left hand. ‘It’s true. When I went to do the work, I was thinking about you.’

He stared at her chest again. The boobs seemed very firm. Whoever did the work did a very good one.

‘Why don’t you feel them?’ she told him.

‘Hmn?’

She smiled again. ‘Go ahead and feel them. They’re for you.’

He hesitated briefly. There was no way he would touch those things and the action would not lead to something else. What about Iye’s warning?

What about what Iye had said about fidelity?

It was funny that he was not even thinking about not hurting Rita his wife. Rita was certainly playing a minor role as what he was concerned about was not offending Iye. But what about if he was discreet about it? Even if Iye got to know, he could always plead with her that he was pushed into it. Zay was looking at him in that daring way. The ball was in his court.

His right hand went up to the boobs. He rubbed them very gently, as if he was handling something so fragile. Zay closed her eyes. After a couple of minutes, he stopped.

With a knowing smile on her face, she stood up and held his left hand.

‘Let’s go to where you can do it very well,’ she muttered.

He followed her to the stair case and to her big bedroom. She closed the door behind them. His hands went to the boobs again. He removed the camisole and stared at the breasts. It was amazing. They looked jaunty now. He ran his tongue over the nipples. She must be starving for it, for she unbuttoned his shirt in a haste-like manner. It was like a prompt. He quickly removed his trousers and other wears

The boobs were his center of attraction, as if he had never touched them before. She allowed him some minutes to suck them, but she wanted more than that. She lay on the bed and he collapsed on her. His dick was fully erect, and so was her honey pot. She spread her legs wide for him and the penetration was easy. Zay wiggled her butty and waist to respond to his stimuli. In the next two hours, they had three passionate rounds. He was exhausted by the time it was over.

In Rita’s shop, the sales girl was rounding off her sales records for the day. It was just few minutes to six o ‘clock. It had been a prosperous day as sales boomed. Surely, her madam would be impressed with the day’s proceeds. She counted the whole money and handed it to her with the ledger book. In the small space she had a desk and a swivel chair, and which served as her office, Rita was glad about the sales. She counted the money to be sure it was correct.

‘Alright, Amina. Good night.

‘Good night, ma’am.’ Amina left the shop. Rita would have been very happy but a matter had been nagging at her mind since morning. It
concerned her husband although she had not discussed it with him. She had a dream last night, a terrible dream. In it, her husband was put in a coffin and was about to be buried. It was a very bad dream and she intended to tell him tonight unfailingly.

She hardly took cognizance of her dream. But this one looked different. Apart from the fact that it foretold evil, the way she had been thinking about it since morning meant there was more to it. No, this one was not just like the other dream that she would discard. This one was ominous.

She put the proceeds in her Gucci handbag and decided to go home too. She drove the car herself as she had told him she would not need a driver. Close to their residence was the day care center where she normally put her daughter. She drove to the place to pick her and they were soon at home.

Later that night, after she and her husband retired to bed, she discussed the big issue.

‘Honey, there’s the issue I wanted us to discuss,’ she started.

He was already in his pajamas and lying on the bed. The ‘exercises’ he had done with Zaynab had drained him and he only wished he could have a good sleep.

‘What matter is that?’

‘Hmn, it was a most terrible dream. Even relaying it is a burden.’

‘What dream?’ he asked.

‘Eh, I dreamt that I saw your enemy in a wooden box that looked like a coffin.’

‘My enemy? Well, that’s a good dream. You should be glad about that.’

She was confounded. ‘Oh, dear, when I said your enemy, don’t you think I was actually referring to you?’

‘But you said my enemy, now.’

‘I mean you.’

He shook his head. ‘Is that why you looked bothered? Don’t worry, nothing bad will happen to me.’ He turned on his side and closed his eyes.

‘Is that all you will say to it? Aren’t you going to do something about it?’

‘Something like what?’

‘Don’t you know that your enemies will be up in arms against you? Look at your ever-rising profile. This is enemies at work and they must be fought spiritually.’

‘Alright. I agree with you. Tomorrow morning, I’ll tell my spiritual guardian about it.’

With that, he closed his eyes and soon slept off. Rita remained confounded. Why was he so nonchalant about it? This was a very serious issue, but look at the way he had responded! Anyway, he said he would see his spiritual guardian. Good. On her part, Rita too decided she would
make moves.

READ FULL STORY: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

READ MORE STORIES: https://hearts4real..com/

3 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Fazemood(m): 11:32pm On Mar 17, 2019
This story doesn't seem like a mere fiction anymore. Could this be a true story?
Re: The Godmother by FairCritic(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2019
Fazemood:
This story doesn't seem like a mere fiction anymore. Could this be a true story?

Some fiction look very true, while some real life situations look stranger than fiction.

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Ann2012(f): 6:34pm On Mar 19, 2019
Tope will never learn

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2019
ya story is a good man i enjoy every episode of it....more greese to ya pen and pls dont kip us waiting

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by vivienD: 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2019
Thanks for the update, please try to update often cry

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 7:32pm On Mar 20, 2019
With that, he closed his eyes and soon slept off. Rita remained confounded. Why was he so nonchalant about it? This was a very serious issue, but look at the way he had responded! Anyway, he said he would see his spiritual guardian. Good. On her part, Rita too decided she would make moves.

The following morning was a Saturday. Rita dressed herself and her daughter up and they left the house. She had decided to see the pastor of the Pentecostal church she attended was just a building behind the parish, and all were in the neighborhood. Holding the hand of her daughter, he pressed the bell of the house. The house maid soon came out to meet her.

‘I’ll like to see the pastor. Please.’

The gate was promptly opened. She was ushered into the sitting-room where she waited. The man of God soon came down. Rita was a prominent member of the church and must not be kept waiting.

They exchanged greetings and she told him the reason why she had come. The pastor rose to his feet.

‘There is nothing prayers cannot do,’ he said. ‘I believe that with prayers, mountains can be overcome. Let us pray.’

Rita knelt down while the pastor prayed. After the short prayer session, he sat down again.

‘Hmn, madam,’ he said. ‘You really need to pray to avert some kind of evil that is lurking around. You will need to fast and pray for him. Is there a way I can see him? Can he come to the church?’

Rita took in a deep breath. ‘That is the problem. He doesn’t attend church service. But I’ll tell him. I’ll tell him the pastor will like to see him.’

‘Good. That will be fine. God will be your strength and He will protect your family.’

‘Amen. Thank you, pastor.’ She rose to her feet and brought out a white envelope from her handbag. She had already packed a lump sum of
money there.

‘This is a token of appreciation for you, sir. May the Lord continue to renew your strength.’

‘Thank you, sister. God be with you.’

Tope continued to laze on the bed, since it was Saturday morning. He was partially asleep and partially awake. His mind briefly went to what his wife said about a dream. He instantly dismissed it as a worthless dream. He was still lazing on the bed when Zay called his number.

‘Hello, love. How’s your weekend?’

‘I’m just waking up. Good morning.’

‘Sorry, I hope I didn’t wake you up.’

‘No. How’re you?’

‘Fine. I miss you.’

‘It was just yesterday we were together,’ he pointed out.

‘I know, but I’m missing you already.’

He laughed shortly. ‘We’ll arrange for more meetings,’ he said.

‘Yes o. I can’t wait to be in your arms again.’

‘Don’t worry. I’ll think of something by Monday morning.’

‘You mean I have to wait till Monday? Gosh, that is quite far away.’

‘Well, except later this afternoon. That means I will shelve my going to the club.’

‘Of course, do so. Am I not more important than your club?’

‘Alright. Where do we meet?’

‘My home is a good place. I’ll be expecting you by three o’clock.’

‘Okay. See you then.’

‘I’ll be expecting you, honey.’

He grinned to himself as the conversation ended. So Zay really enjoyed the act! Indeed, it was a terrific experience. She had performed beyond
his expectation and he certainly looked forward to more of such exhilarating experience.

When it was two o’clock, he wore a brand new designer t-shirt and jeans trousers. He complimented the dressing with designers’ watch, shoes and perfume. As a man of high taste, all his wears are now designers’ makes. He had dismissed the driver for tat day. On a day like this, he would drive himself while his police orderly would sit on the front seat by his side.

He drove to Zay’s residence. as usual, the orderly would wait outside in the car. He would however ensure that he was served some refreshments. Zay was expecting him. She smiled as she gave him a short kiss. She was in a skimpy top and a bum short. He felt she looked attractive.

‘Let’s have lunch,’ she invited. He followed her to the dining room, where the table was already set. The local and intercontinental dishes were sumptuous. Standing by was Ceecee, the domestic help.

Are you expecting other guests?’ he exclaimed when he saw the array of food.

‘You alone are more than other guests,’ she said, smiling.

‘Wow, this is exotic.’

They sat at the table while Ceecee waited on them. They ate like lovers who cherished the best of food and wine. Indeed, he enjoyed the meal.

They took wine after that.

READ COMPLETE STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES: https://hearts4real..com/

3 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 8:23pm On Mar 20, 2019
nice update
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 7:46pm On Mar 21, 2019
They sat at the table while Ceecee waited on them. They ate like lovers who cherished the best of food and wine. Indeed, he enjoyed the meal.

They took wine after that.

‘I’m glad you’re here,’ she said. ‘If I didn’t appreciate any other thing, I appreciate your company. It makes me come alive.’

He nodded. ‘I must say that I greatly enjoy your company too.’

Today, she did not lead him upstairs to her bedroom. They sat together in the sitting-room, holding hands like lovers who were trying to catch
some moments of missed affection. He was with her till few minutes to eight. She would want him to stay longer; to have supper there, but he
insisted it was better he ate in his house, as Rita would not like him missing her food.

Rita was in the kitchen when he got back home. Despite the presence of the cook, Rita always preferred that she cook for her family, while the cook would be there only to assist.

‘Daddy,’ Oyin exclaimed as she ran up to him. He lifted his daughter up.

‘My baby, how are you?’

‘Fine, daddy.’

He sat her down by his side on the sofa while he flicked the television from one channel to another.

‘You’re back, honey,’ Rita said as soon as she entered the sitting-room.

‘Yes. How d’you do, dear.’

‘Fine.’ She pecked him. ‘Dinner will soon be ready,’ she announced.

He nodded. There was no need comparing Zay’s food with his wife’s own. Zay’s cook might be great, but Rita was a great cook too; a damn
great cook. And so, Tope continued to enjoy two worlds – the warm world of Rita his wife, and the sultry world of Zaynab Terver, his mistress.

Iye did not mention anything about his infidelity. He assumed that since he had been careful not to arouse the suspicion of his wife, and since
he had been spoiling her with so much gifts, it could not be said that he had hurt her or that he had transgressed. He therefore saw the silence from Iye as consent to his act.

One good thing about Tope Davies was he tried to do his job to the best of his ability. Just as he pledged to his country, he strove to be faithful, loyal and honest; and to serve Nigeria with all his might. But his marital life was far from being a model. His sizzling affairs with Zay continued for another six months when Iye finally confronted him.

‘Why is it that you can’t keep to spousal faithfulness?’ she asked him.

‘I don’t understand,’ he answered.

‘Of course, you do. Why do you keep desecrating the sanctity of your marital bed?’

‘Iye, please stop speaking in riddles.’

‘Alright.’ Her voice became cold. ‘What are you doing with Zaynab?’

He was hit by her factual assertion he did not know what to say.

‘You’ll be punished severely for this, my dear. You’ll be punished, but I won’t tell you the punishment yet.’

She cut the line. For some moments, his mind moved frantically. But wait, a minute, he told himself, how could this lady be threatening him like
that? It was as if she was his mother and he was just a mere school boy. No, this had to stop. He was an adult and he should be respected. He was even older than Iye, but with the way she treated him, one would think she was his mother. Godmother or not, he decided he had to put an end to living under the whims of Iye. He must do something to stop her totalitarian grip on his life.

Later that day, he and Zay met in their usual rendezvous – her home. She was quick to note that he looked a bit down and withdrawn.

‘Darling, what is the problem? You’re not looking bright like your normal self.’

He tried to smile it off.

‘Let’s share it. We’ve been sharing good moments. Now that things look quite bleak, your dear Zaynab is ready to share in whatever is the
challenge.’

He felt encouraged by that, but how would he say it? He must not reveal too much about Iye, just as he had done to Rita. He told Zay about his
‘spiritual mother’ and how she had warned him to desist from extra marital affairs.

‘I couldn’t resist you. With you, I’ve been having the extra marital affairs, and now she’s threatening to deal seriously with me,’ he concluded.

To his utmost surprise, Zaynab looked at him amusedly and burst out laughing.

READ FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

READ OTHER INTERESTING STORIES FROM: https://hearts4real..com/

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Jagaban880: 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2019
nice1 op....
Re: The Godmother by Damibiz(m): 1:25am On Mar 22, 2019
This Tope most be a full,let him try it and we will see za consiquences
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 12:46pm On Mar 22, 2019
He felt encouraged by that, but how would he say it? He must not reveal too much about Iye, just as he had done to Rita. He told Zay about his ‘spiritual mother’ and how she had warned him to desist from extra marital affairs.

‘I couldn’t resist you. With you, I’ve been having the extra marital affairs, and now she’s threatening to deal seriously with me,’ he concluded.

To his utmost surprise, Zaynab looked at him amusedly and burst out laughing.

‘Hey, it’s not funny,’ he said. ‘Believe me, this is very serious.’

‘Really? You looked so pathetic when you were saying it.’

He shook his head. ‘It’s because you don’t know the woman. She’s a very powerful one. If you know her, you wouldn’t laugh like that.’

‘Alright, I’m sorry if it looks like I’m trying to trivialize the issue. But, really, you don’t have to look like that. This is a very simple matter that has a simple solution.’

He looked intently at her. ‘You think it has a simple solution?’

‘Of course.’ She smiled warmly to reassure him. ‘Look, there’s an alfa I can take you to. He is a specialist in matters like this.’

He became very interested. ‘Really?’

‘Yes, Alfa Ousmanou will handle a case like this with ease.’

‘Then, you have to take me there as soon as possible. I just have to stop this woman’s breathing down on my neck.’

‘Taking you there is no problem. Just create a time. When you’re ready, let me know.’

‘Tomorrow, I’ll let you know when we’ll go. There’s no point in wasting time. This is an urgent matter. I’ll definitely give you a call to arrange for
going there.’

The following day, he called her that by four o ‘clock, they should go to the place. Of course he would be going only with his driver and a police orderly. They went to Zay’s office to pick her. She instructed her driver to drive the car home. The Alfa lived in one humble bungalow at Kubwa.

The man listened to Tope well, occasionally nodding his head.

‘You have come to the right place,’ he said. ‘What you have said is quite tough, because I can see that the woman is the one controlling your destiny. All the same, we can do something that will break you away from her yoke. Listen to me very well. You’re to bring seven black she-goats. In addition, you’ll bring seventy thousand naira on each of the goats. Then, you’ll pay seven hundred and seventy seven thousand, seven hundred naira. That is all.’

‘Are you sure once I do all these, I will be free from her grip forever?’

‘Don’t ask questions like that because it means you’re doubting. Do what I say and you’ll see the amazing results.’

‘I shall do what you ask for without delay. Tomorrow, I will bring all the requirements to you.’

He had departed the place a happy man. Zaynab played pivotal role in getting guys that would buy the she-goats. The afternoon of the
following day, they were back to the alfa’s house. The man was impressed with the alacrity of Tope’s response.

‘Ah, my friend, your job is already done. Wait.’ He went into an inner room and soon emerged with a piece of cloth. ‘Take,’ he stretched his hand to him.

Tope took the piece of cloth, staring at it.

‘For the next three days, make sure you sleep on it. You can place it on your bed when you want to sleep. When she appears to you in dream, don’t be afraid. Tell her boldly that you have severed your ties with her. That is all. Congratulations for your victory in advance.’

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Jagaban880: 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
de story is getting more interesting and captivating

ride on op
Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 12:52pm On Mar 22, 2019
chai see as dy take scam my guy. op well done
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
Jagaban880:
de story is getting more interesting and captivating

ride on op

Kaycee9242:
chai see as dy take scam my guy. op well done

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Remite011(m): 10:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
it's like am smelling disaster for both Tope and the Alfa sef, because Iye no dey show for dream but in real person and mostly phone call, but I'm patiently waiting for outcome of their action
Re: The Godmother by SeyiDominion: 2:17pm On Mar 24, 2019
Tope took the piece of cloth, staring at it.

‘For the next three days, make sure you sleep on it. You can place it on your bed when you want to sleep. When she appears to you in dream, don’t be afraid. Tell her boldly that you have severed your ties with her. That is all. Congratulations for your victory in advance.’

With all these assurances, Tope left the place a contended man. That night, he told Rita he would like to sleep alone in the guest room for the next three days. She had no choice than to acquiesce. It was the third day that Iye appeared to him. She was in a flowing white dress.

‘Why are you fighting me?’ she asked. ‘Of all the things I’ve done for you, why do you choose to fight back?’

‘I’m not fighting you,’ he replied. ‘I just want to be free from you.’

She gazed at him. ‘You think that’s possible? You think you can break away from me?’

‘Yes, I can and I will.’

She shook her. ‘Tope, you can’t. Stop wasting your time and resources trying to do so. You can’t. You’re mine.’

‘I want out,’ he insisted. ‘I want out of the relationship.’

Iye shook her head and disappeared. When he woke up, he was happy he had stood up to her. He was free, he decided. He was free from the
grip of Iye.

Later in the evening, he and Zay popped champagne to celebrate the successful outcome.

‘Dear Zay, I’ll never forget you for this thing you have done. You have been such a good help and I’ll never forget this that you have done.’

‘You’re welcome, my dear. What are friends for?’

‘That alfa is really strong. I won’t stop patronizing him, henceforth.’

‘That’s good. He’s very powerful and reliable.’

‘And thank you so much for your connection.’

‘We thank God.’

They wined as if indeed there was something worth celebration. Later, they ended up in bed.

‘You won’t stop amazing with your sexual prowess,’ she commented.

‘The feeling is mutual,’ he replied. ‘You won’t stop amazing me too.’

On his way home later that night, he got a call from Iye. At first, his response was to ignore it. She however kept calling and he finally decided to pick it.’

‘So, it has come to this,’ she said in agitation. ‘It has come to you ignoring my calls.’

‘What do you want from me?’ he asked listlessly.

‘Okay. Listen well to me. What I want is that you should honor your words and to stand by our agreement.’

‘I don’t have any agreement with you, lady,’ he said.

‘Let me warn you that you’re playing with fire,’ she said in agitation. ‘That woman, Zaynab, will lead you to your doom. You’re warned!’

‘I have nothing more to do with you,’ he said and cut the line. He went on to block her number.

Things had changed, he decided. How long would it take Rita, or Iye, or whatever she called herself to realize this fact? He would not only
indulge in his new lifestyle, he would do it to the maximum. On that basis, he decided he would give Zaynab, his new found love, a great
surprise.

The following day, they met again in her house about five p.m. it was becoming more regular and a routine.

‘I have a surprise for you, dear Zay.’

She smiled warmly at him. ‘A surprise? What surprise could that be?’

‘Well, it depends on whether you’ll accept it or not. But it’s a good and wonderful surprise.’

‘Give it to me, my darling. What surprise is that?’

‘Well, the first thing is you have to close your eyes.’

She closed her eyes, wondering what could be the surprise he had for her.

He removed a small package from his pocket. It was a diamond-studded engagement ring.

READ THE FULL STORY FROM: https://m.okadabooks.com/book/about/the_godmother_story_of_an_ordinary_lady_with_great_powers__adult_only_18/25051

2 Likes

Re: The Godmother by Jagaban880: 2:28pm On Mar 24, 2019
Tobi heading to his doom eh ya lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by SirDelvin: 3:27pm On Mar 24, 2019
This guy no well oo

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Kaycee9242(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2019
whom the gods want to kill they first make mad, op well done

1 Like

Re: The Godmother by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 24, 2019
we men can be so crazy @times all in the name of pussy ... for this kind buhari era you jam fortune , no ritual no sacrificing of human periodically ... only one condition,just be faithful to your wife ....chai
iye please redirect tope fortune my way i promise to be loyal but not faithful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Godmother by Fazemood(m): 9:16pm On Mar 24, 2019
Foolish man

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (17) (Reply)

Despite All Odds / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>>

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.