Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,465 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:19 AM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34307 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:35pm On Aug 01, 2010
9jaganja Your head they there abeg! Gbam, the foolish ibos dont know they are so you need to tell them Madiuche and his second slowpoke,follow follow!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

We are having this conversation at all because of the rumoured interest of the Camerounians in Obudu.
Why should a truly strong and united country hand over any of its territory under any circumstance to a foreign country?
That is the question.

Those who want Nigeria to survive are harping on a national conference, while those who want Nigeria to collapse are busy hiding their heads in the sand.

Those who want to divide Nigeria should hide their heads. They have showed the basis of their dream lack good reasoning. Those who want Nigeria as one are not throwing away dividing Nigeria but a national conference first will be good. Se if we can agree on terms. We need to try responsible government. This worked for Canada. Provincial government. Where the federal government is just a platform for national security and promotion of unity economically, politically.  etc, but each province controls his own. Every tribe should have their province no matter how small. It will work. Fg can also assist provinces not catching up with others. Everyone must strive to be independent though!!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ruq:

9jaganja Your head they there abeg! Gbam, the foolish ibos dont know they are so you need to tell them Madiuche and his second slowpoke,follow follow!

You have some nerve you foolish looking rat. Come here so I teach you some sense. . . Foolish girl.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chyz(m): 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2010
9jaganja:

Those who want to divide Nigeria should hide their heads. They have showed the basis of their dream lack good reasoning. Those who want Nigeria as one are not throwing away dividing Nigeria but a national conference first will be good. Se if we can agree on terms. We need to try responsible government. This worked for Canada. Provincial government. Where the federal government is just a platform for national security and promotion of unity economically, politically.  etc, but each province controls his own. Every tribe should have their province no matter how small. It will work. Fg can also assist provinces not catching up with others. Everyone must be independent!!

Then why should the regions stay together if that is the case.why would it be bad for each region to go its way but trade with each other?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

And you think Igbo would just follow Cameroun without any armed guaranty?
If the "hypothetical war" begins, do you think Igbos would just go home and wait?
You are making me laugh so hard.  

Seriously dude are you advocating Igbos join Cameroon? Have your own nation. You can't join a nation with your own arms and stuffs. It will all be centralized.

chyz:

Then why should the regions stay together if that is the case.why would it be bad for each region to go its way but trade with each other?

Because together we are economically powerful. We can be a nation of nations like someone said. If Igbos want to leave or any other tribe, they should be able to but not with the animosity some secessionists are showing here. It will be brutal. If we unite then peacefully divide, it's better than the way the separatists want it.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2010
Maziuche what sense can you afford to teach me?? When at your old age you still cant reason,or you want to make me duffer like you pleaseee spare me! You are retarded than i taught sorry lol,
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2010
9jaganja:

Those who want to divide Nigeria should hide their heads. They have showed the basis of their dream lack good reasoning. Those who want Nigeria as one are not throwing away dividing Nigeria but a national conference first will be good. Se if we can agree on terms. We need to try responsible government. This worked for Canada. Provincial government. Where the federal government is just a platform for national security and promotion of unity economically, politically.  etc, but each province controls his own. Every tribe should have their province no matter how small. It will work. Fg can also assist provinces not catching up with others. Everyone must be independent!!

Look dude, the problem we have in Nigeria is that there is this fear that Nigeria will inevitably divide. Believe me I hold out hope that Nigeria will remain one. The structure will change of course. The oneness must be negotiated not imposed.
And when people make statements that Nigeria is indivisible on top of the present state of my region and people, I just laugh. Let's start with free and fair elections first and go from there.
Cameroun is not our biggest problem if we do the right things at home.
Of course they will remain a problem if Nigeria continues wagging war on her own people.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 7:45pm On Aug 01, 2010
rethink:

The Alignment of the Elite class albeit Parasitic as if what we are practicing is not true federalism.

You are not very clever, are you?
Go find out the meaning of federalism vs uniteralism, then come back.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

And you think Igbo would just follow Cameroun without any armed guaranty?
If the "hypothetical war" begins, do you think Igbos would just go home and wait?
You are making me laugh so hard.
You are not thinking this through. When war breaks out, the politicians and diplomats take a back seat and the military professionals- who are trained to be totally at home in killing and destruction - take over.
In such a situation the civilians living in a zone occupied by enemy troops would be under clear and present threat of massacre, rape, and genocide. There is no question of such civilians exercising their political rights in such a scenario.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ruq:

Maziuche what sense can you afford to teach me?? When at your old age you still cant reason,or you want to make me duffer like you pleaseee spare me! You are retarded than i taught sorry lol,

22 is old? Anyway, I can teach you a lot about the way of the world. Little girl it would seem like you need some knowledge in how this world works. I can teach you and much much more.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ruq:

Which people are you calling foolish sad
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
Onlytruth:

Look dude, the problem we have in Nigeria is that there is this fear that Nigeria will inevitably divide. Believe me I hold out hope that Nigeria will remain one. The structure will change of course. The oneness must be negotiated not imposed.
And when people make statements that Nigeria is indivisible on top of the present state of my region and people, I just laugh. Let's start with free and fair elections first and go from there.
Cameroun is not our biggest problem if we do the right things at home.
Of those they will remain a problem if Nigeria continues wagging war on her own people.

I agree.Unity can not be imposed. Those who say Nigeria is indivisible are being insensitive to the current state of the nation not just igbo land. Anything that affects Igbos should naturally affect Nigerians as a whole. A national conference where kings that are repping their people's opinions is much needed first. A free and fair election isn't the only thing though but it's needed. Peace
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
tensor777:

You are not thinking this through. When war breaks out, the politicians and diplomats take a back seat and the military professionals- who are trained to be totally at home in killing and destruction - take over.
In such a situation the civilians living in a zone occupied by enemy troops would be under clear and present threat of massacre, despoil, and genocide. There is no question of such civilians exercising their political rights in such a scenario.

The same reason for the same civilians to head abroad to shop for arms and diplomatic support for a separate state.
The same reason for alliances to switch sides fast depending on who us doing the most harm to the affected populations.
No, my friend it is you that is not thinking it through.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2010
I wonder why people have not put it in their head that the Igbo do not want to be part of this nation. How hard is for people to understand that simple issue?

Nigeria does not want to let go of Igbos.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chyz(m): 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2010
@ 9jaganja

Because together we are economically powerful. We can be a nation of nations like someone said. If Igbos want to leave or any other tribe, they should be able to but not with the animosity some secessionists are showing here. It will be brutal. If we unite then peacefully divide, it's better than the way the separatists want it.

Individually you ar powerfully as well economically too and there is peace amongst african brothers by the use of respect and trade. You cant tell me that this wouldnt work better. No more tug of war between who owns what and this tribe is steeling out resources. and y should the separation be brutal? also the ideology of bring unity has been tried for along time and still hasnt been reach. the tribes just dont get along and trust each other and on top of that the country is corrupt and too big. So again, what is wrong with each region going its way and trading amongst each other for whatever is need?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:51pm On Aug 01, 2010
Your age don dey born you dey here claim young. Nanamu! Lol
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Onlytruth(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2010
9jaganja:

I agree.Unity can not be imposed. Those who say Nigeria is indivisible are being insensitive to the current state of the nation not just igbo land. Anything that affects Igbos should naturally affect Nigerians as a whole. A national conference where kings that are repping their people's opinions is much needed first. A free and fair election isn't the only thing though but it's needed. Peace

That is THE SPIRIT I'm talking about. Thanks. wink
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

I wonder why people have not put it in their head that the Igbo do not want to be part of this nation. How hard is for people to understand that simple issue?

Nah, Nigerian politicians are just selfish and greedy. It's not that they dont want to let go of Igbos, they just dont want to lose the oil in your land.

I bet you if Igbos decide to move to Cameroon, they would be too happy. Selfish, greedy ppl, right?

Onlytruth:

That is THE SPIRIT I'm talking about. Thanks. wink

YYou're welcome wink tongue
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2010
22 fuckin olda dan i thought and you still reason like this Men Montessori is still open!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:56pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nah, Nigerian politicians are just selfish and greedy. It's not that they dont want to let go of Igbos, they just dont want to lose the oil in your land.

I bet you if Igbos decide to move to Cameroon, they would be too happy. Selfish, greedy ppl, right?

Nigerian politicians are greedy and that cuts across all tribal lines. But the oil in our land has not been fully tapped like it is in the core oil producing states.

If Igbos decide to move to Cameroon, God forbid, we would be the majority tribe. I don't think the Cameroonians would want us in that nation, because that would tip the political power in the Western Cameroonian favor. And you know how rebellious we Igbos are.   undecided
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:57pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ruq:

22 f***** olda dan i thought and you still reason like this Men Montessori is still open!

Watch your mouth little girl. A lady should not be saying such words. grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Nigerian politicians are greedy and that cuts across all tribal lines. But the oil in our land has not been fully tapped like it is in the core oil producing states.

If Igbos decide to move to Cameroon, God forbid, we would be the majority tribe. I don't think the Cameroonians would want us in that nation, because that would tip the political power in the Western Cameroonian favor. And you know how rebellious we Igbos are.   undecided

I only there was an award for foolishness, someone would have sinse won it. cry cry cry cry
You talk too much.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Interesting. But nah, I wouldnt know.

BTW, I met an Igbo lady at this thing up North yest. She was so sweet, nice and motherly. . . . I wonder if she's a closet tribalist. Do you think so?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chyz(m): 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

BTW, I met an Igbo lady at this thing up North yest. She was so sweet, nice and motherly. . . . I wonder if she's a closet tribalist. Do you think so?

Every Nigerian is. grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 8:01pm On Aug 01, 2010
Faeb:

I only there was an award for foolishness, someone would have sinse won it. cry cry cry cry

Faeb,

It is in our nature. We "buck" at the system that is alien to us. The colonials did not like us and the Nigerian gov't does like us. That is why I say we are rebellious.

Ileke-IdI:

Igbo women are not tribalist in the sense. I never heard an Igbo woman belittle another group. That being said, she probably sees you as a human being.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2010
chyz:

@ 9jaganja

Individually you ar powerfully as well economically too and there is peace amongst african brothers by the use of respect and trade. You cant tell me that this wouldnt work better. No more tug of war between who owns what and this tribe is steeling out resources. and y should the separation be brutal? also the ideology of bring unity has been tried for along time and still hasnt been reach. the tribes just dont get along and trust each other and on top of that the country is corrupt and too big. So again, what is wrong with each region going its way and trading amongst each other for whatever is need?

I never said each are not powerful on their own, I'm saying each is powerful together as a nation. Each region can trade with who they want as in country with the FG only interfering when there is security concern and the fg has no right to manipulate their very little power, Like I said, if any region wants to go, they can but peacefully not with animosity. If the nation is working I don't see why any region would want to leave though they can if they want to.!!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 8:02pm On Aug 01, 2010
My prejudices:

I do not trust the Yoruba.

I think the Hausa are violent and extremist.

Igbos are too egotistical

Efik women are highly sexual beings

Ijaws are lazy and scream about oil oil oil

Ikwerre are confused Igbo

Ngwa are criminals

etc
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by rethink: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
Looks like am too late. and who is tying the "igbo" from going?

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 01, 2010
9jaganja:

Those who want to divide Nigeria should hide their heads. They have showed the basis of their dream lack good reasoning. Those who want Nigeria as one are not throwing away dividing Nigeria but a national conference first will be good. Se if we can agree on terms. We need to try responsible government. This worked for Canada. Provincial government. Where the federal government is just a platform for national security and promotion of unity economically, politically.  etc, but each province controls his own. Every tribe should have their province no matter how small. It will work. Fg can also assist provinces not catching up with others. Everyone must strive to be independent though!!
The problem here is that you have a divergent agenda from the secessionists here.

Who says they are pursuing separatism because they want responsible government or economic prosperity? What is clear that in Nigeria today the state governments have the major role to play in terms of improving the living standards of their people and developing of socio-economic infrastructure. But the secessionists never focus their energy on their state's developmental agenda.

It is more about  being frustrated at not playing the dominant role  in the political affairs of the  country than any genuine agenda to improve the standard of living of the common man in their area. But as Nigeria is set-up currently no ethnic group can alone play such a dominant role.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

My prejudices:

I do not trust the Yoruba.

I think the Hausa are violent and extremist.

Igbos are too egotistical

Efik women are highly sexual beings

Ijaws are lazy and scream about oil oil oil

Ikwerre are confused Igbo

Ngwa are criminals

etc

This is where I lose all respect for u (not like I ever had any in the first place. . . . )
You do not TRUST a people, WHY?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 01, 2010
MaziUche0:

Igbo women are not tribalist in the sense. I never heard an Igbo woman belittle another group. That being said, she probably sees you as a human being.
Anywaz, she gave me her number to holla if I ever come to a problem  kiss kiss [She's also a student ]. 4th Igbo I met to far.

Igbo women are not tribalist? shocked shocked shocked Have you met Ohsisi?

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (28) (Reply)

Lagos: Sanwo-Olu To Increase Salary Of Workers. / Bello Shagari Kicks As Middle Beltans Dissociate Themselves From "North" / Doyin Okupe Speaks.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.