Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,006 members, 7,835,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34200 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by misterh(m): 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2010
The ranch should not go just like Bakassi. In fact, Cameroun will soon call Cross River state part of their territory. I hope this remains a joke.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
@ mr leahdee

I think you should WATCH YOUR MOUTH angry (or hand)
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2010
For those who want war (I'm sure you'll be brave lol) just join the army or let's this rumours dying because I'm sure if war came (God forbid) some of you would run, now I can understand some bitter or misunderstand even though it's a stupid rumour, claiming and feeding war spirit is not the solution because even Nigerian soldiers and civil could die, and not just few think about it.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by HOTandCOLD(m): 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2010
Quote from: @bk/babes97, bk?babes97

You gotta be a slowpoke if u take my comments seriously enough to think I as much as have, even an iota, of any kind of real dislike for the whole Ibo race!!!

I'M THE slowpoke? Then let's see who the real slowpoke is?
From your profile, you're supposed to be a 26yr old hispanic male in the USA, right?
according to your profile:
AIM: Ibossuck@aol.com
MSN: OjukwukilledIbos@aol.com
YIM: Biafrans-r-mentalcases@yahoo.com
, Yet you don't have an iota of hatred for the whole igbos or Eastern Nigerians. If you're hispanic then i'm from China. I believe you are a Nigerian coward conveniently hiding behind another race, while constantly spewing and preaching tribal hatred. YOUR POSTINGS REVEAL YOUR TRUE THOUGHTS IN YOUR PRIVACY. [b]newsflash: The IGBOS are not going anywhere and you'll just have to put up with them or kill your miserable, pathetic, sorry self.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe97y(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2010
HOTandCOLD:

Quote from: @bk/babes97, bk?babes97

You gotta be a slowpoke if u take my comments seriously enough to think I as much as have, even an iota, of any kind of real dislike for the whole Ibo race!!!

I'M THE slowpoke? Then let's see who the real slowpoke is?
From your profile, you're supposed to be a 26yr old hispanic male in the USA, right?
according to your profile:
AIM: Ibossuck@aol.com
MSN: OjukwukilledIbos@aol.com
YIM: Biafrans-r-mentalcases@yahoo.com
, Yet you don't have an iota of hatred for the whole igbos or Eastern Nigerians. If you're hispanic then i'm from China. I believe you are a Nigerian coward conveniently hiding behind another race, while constantly spewing and preaching tribal hatred. YOUR POSTINGS REVEAL YOUR TRUE THOUGHTS IN YOUR PRIVACY. [b]newsflash: The IGBOS are not going anywhere and you'll just have to put up with them or kill your miserable, pathetic, sorry self.

Lol. U aint heard? I'm Yoruba! Now Kill urself. . . . .
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chyz(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2010
Unfortunately history shows that Bakassi does rightfully belong to cameroon. If not for the fact that southern cameroon left nigeria there wounldnt be this problem but it does belong to cameroon check the history. Now about the Obudu Ranch they may be feeling a little too lucky but i would have to check up on that.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by KnowAll(m): 7:19pm On Jul 31, 2010
[size=14pt]There is no reason anyone getting worked up by camerounian genderme's daliance with peices of Nigeria land. The truth is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 82nd brigade of the Army and any other military formation should all be re- located to the border areas that is how it is done in other countries.

Nigeria should wake up from her slumber and embrace the norms practised in other climes without hesitation, for instance both India and Pakistan has a battallion in the border areas of the disputed Kashmir areas. India would have to over-run Pakistani's battalion b4 they can gain a foot hold in Pakistan and Pakistan would have to do likewise. Same thing is in place between South Korea and North Korea, the land adjacent the de-militarized zone between both countries is one of the most fortified border areas in the world. When a country has an econmic interest they make sure they have a formidable fighting force in place to deter any adventurarism from any angle.

Why have the Brigade of guards in Abuja, a unit which bearly 5 months ago undermine the authorithy of President Jonathan Goodluck, we don't want gun totting soldiers in our cities, Soldiers should be completely out of arms way in far away border areas and region. The Presidency should be guarded by a crack Police Unit and not military formations. Had it being we had the 82nd brigade which is presently in Enugu at Bakassi,  that penusula would still be in Nigeria hands today.

Before warned is b4 hand,  President Jonthan Goodluck should move our archaic military formation forward, the present formation has caused us more grief and pain than solace, this is a formation which have being in place since the days of Nzeogwu and yet no one deem it fit to change it in the 21st century,  is it fear OR outright disillusion by our leaders, I am gobsmacked and dissappointed.
[/size]

[size=14pt]All Units in Kaduna should be moved to Lake Chad Border areas including NDA.

Other units in the North should be moved to the Sokoto Areas.

3rd mechanised in Jos should be move to Adamawa and Taraba States.

All Units in Lagos should be moved to Badagry Seme Border.

2nd Mechanised in Ibadan should be moved to Idi-Iroko and the Kwara State Borders.

All units from Edo State onwards to the East should be split into 2, one half deployed to Southern Delta, Southern Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom States.

The other Units should be move to the Border Areas in Cross River, here the main Barracks of the Eastern command should be Based[/size].

[size=14pt]If these deployments can be effected, skimishes and outright land grabs by neibouring countries would be something of the past.

Another advantage of this Kind of deployment is, coup plotting which has become our very own albatross would become something of the past as the nearest military installation to Abuja would be about 400 miles away. These proposals would put to sleep the un-warranted incessant incursion into Nigeria by forces who are either testing the water in order to garner our reaction OR are down right deliberately provocative and needs to be thaught one or two lessons on what good neigbourly behaviour entails.[/size]
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by HOTandCOLD(m): 7:24pm On Jul 31, 2010
@bk.babes97y; Lol. U aint heard? I'm Yoruba! Now Kill urself. . . . .  

Good to know you're yoruba. But sorry to disappoint you that i have absolutely no intention of killing myself. I went to school in ogbomoso and Ekiti state, so i'm comfortable with yorubas, unlike you. I have yoruba cousins and in-laws from other parts of nigeria. You need to get out from your comfort zone and stop hating igbos/people so much, its for your own good. I wonder how u got to america with so much hatred in your heart?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 7:40pm On Jul 31, 2010
thanks chyz, that what I'va always tried to make them understand about Bakassi but for Onugu it's stupid!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Ruq: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nayah You made some sense Kudos i feel kinda diff now good sense of humour u gat there. Pls talk 2 ya Came sister Leahdee. Tata
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2010
Ruq I've never been tough or rude, this is not my cup of tea, so I'm not so different in my position. As for Leeah I would tell you to talk also to some of your brother as HI666 for example wink
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by bkbabe97y(m): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2010
HOTandCOLD:

@bk.babes97y; Lol. U aint heard? I'm Yoruba! Now Kill urself. . . . .  

Good to know you're yoruba. But sorry to disappoint you that i have absolutely no intention of killing myself. I went to school in ogbomoso and Ekiti state, so i'm comfortable with yorubas, unlike you. I have yoruba cousins and in-laws from other parts of nigeria. You need to get out from your comfort zone and stop hating igbos/people so much, its for your own good. I wonder how u got to america with so much hatred in your heart?

How I got here? How did u get to use a computer?!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2010
Here's the thing: If some British guy didn't carve out Obudu for you, you wouldn't have it, therefore if you lose it, who cares? End of.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2010
Nayah:

For those who want war (I'm sure you'll be brave lol) just join the army or let's this rumours dying because I'm sure if war came (God forbid) some of you would run, now I can understand some bitter or misunderstand even though it's a silly rumour, claiming and feeding war spirit is not the solution because even Nigerian soldiers and civil could die, and not just few think about it.

You're now making sense
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by blackweaver(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2010
i think we should get one thing straight; we lost bakassi because Obasanjo was looking for international goodwill, and not thinking about the indigenes of the area; beacuse it is an oil producing region there would have been dispute over whether it was controlled by the federal government or state government (resource control); however Obudu belongs solely to the state and it's a significant cause of income for the state, i do't think c/river will let it go; besides with the stories i've heard about how the natives of that area are being treated, i don't think nigeria (or at least c/river) will cede that place to cmr
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Rmc1(m): 1:22am On Aug 01, 2010
NA WETIN DEY BRING THAT LEG NA??
CAMEROUN NO DEY FEAR FEAR??
OYA LETS GO TO OBUDU

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Rmc1(m): 1:24am On Aug 01, 2010
LETS GO TO OBUDU angry

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 2:50am On Aug 01, 2010
Picture of a cameroonian soldier getting his weapons ready for war at Obudu, where of course, he will DIE! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/171703_Nigerian_Harley_jpg185bce891ffd364af0a7a2e8ba46d141
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Rmc1(m): 2:55am On Aug 01, 2010
They asked for it, and we will give it to them

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 2:55am On Aug 01, 2010
Another Cameroonian weapon heading for Obudu, where of course, the driver and all occupants will be KILLED and the weapon used to make firewood!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/171496_Christian_Tank_jpg38dee7bba78c2848e8d9f7a8d877122b
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 2:59am On Aug 01, 2010
A picture of cameroonian sit tight president for life as a young man on his way to school!!!!!!!!!
He is thinking of Obudu! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/171700_Nigerian_Ipod_jpg4818ad2f92830f63ecce978765717de2
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 3:01am On Aug 01, 2010
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Faeb: 3:02am On Aug 01, 2010
Another hungry cameroonian comando that will soon DIE at Obudu! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/171708_Nigerian_Undercover_Cop_jpg257fbf734905c9f95dc2d6ebcc81e819
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by member479760: 6:35am On Aug 01, 2010
The native of that area has to start the war, and later our government enters under the cover that we are protecting the life and properties of our citizens. stupid idea.

In fact, we cannot war it out with them, we simply don't have the capability of cross border and modern war technics. If the story is confirmed to be true then we need to run to international court and cry ẹgbami, ẹgbami, ẹgbami ooo camelion don take our land againi ooo!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Omolulu(m): 6:42am On Aug 01, 2010
faeb u dey mad no be small grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by udezue(m): 7:47am On Aug 01, 2010
Beaf, u trippin. Why would ND militants fight on the side of an army that has no problem wiping their communities out n a split second? An army General had no issue calling on the army to wipe 20 ppl from the East n Delta out for oil yet u are here proposing that we go and fight on their behalf? Since ur blood is boiling like hot water what stopped u and ur militants and Nigerian government from keeping Bakassi? Its silly how Nigerians are here screaming war but when they had the chance to show that they gave a hoot about the territorial integrity of Nigeria Bakassi was quickly handed over to Cameroon. Guy Nigerian govt does not give a hoot about u or anyone East of the Niger and South of Benue so don't expect them to bart an eyelid when Cameroun makes the big move. The only reason why they will even care is if there's enough oil in that area. Obudu is just a ranch they can start over somewhere else if they lose it. Why would I risk my life for a nation that have treated my region so much disdain and has remained unapologetic about it? I think the most patriotic I'll do is sit back sip gin and juice while the two beast slug it out. What's the difference between being under a British or French colony? They are all European failed experiments. I fully understand where EzeUche is coming from.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MaziUche0(m): 7:58am On Aug 01, 2010
udezue:

Beaf, u trippin. Why would ND militants fight on the side of an army that has no problem wiping their communities out n a split second? An army General had no issue calling on the army to wipe 20 ppl from the East n Delta out for oil yet u are here proposing that we go and fight on their behalf? Since your blood is boiling like hot water what stopped u and your militants and Nigerian government from keeping Bakassi? Its silly how Nigerians are here screaming war but when they had the chance to show that they gave a hoot about the territorial integrity of Nigeria Bakassi was quickly handed over to Cameroon. Guy Nigerian govt does not give a hoot about u or anyone East of the Niger and South of Benue so don't expect them to bart an eyelid when Cameroun makes the big move. The only reason why they will even care is if there's enough oil in that area. Obudu is just a ranch they can start over somewhere else if they lose it. Why would I risk my life for a nation that have treated my region so much disdain and has remained unapologetic about it? I think the most patriotic I'll do is sit back sip gin and juice while the two beast slug it out. What's the difference between being under a British or French colony? They are all European failed experiments. I fully understand where EzeUche is coming from.

Gbam!

Beaf needs to get his/her priority straight. I would never fight on behalf of Nigeria and anyone on the East should just watch on the sideline. Let the Hausa-Yoruba fight this war if they want to. Any Igbo who fights against cousins in Cameroon are the real traitors. How are you going to side against a people who have more in common with you than you have with the Hausa or the Yoruba? I just don't understand.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nayah(f): 10:10am On Aug 01, 2010
Dear Mazi and udezue, as I told before I know what happened to your people how much you have been victims of bas treatment, starvation and many more I truly understand your deception regards Nigeria as a Nation and I'm flattered you considerate yourself as our cousins in Cameroon and so we do but look, the fact you claim this attachement in this forum could lead to anger involving so many bad things, cause some people are fanatics. War is not good for anybody, even though sometimes you need to pass trough this for your salvation, if you can avoid it so let's do it.

As for you jokingmary, I've always been logical it's just the fact you've just seen in me a cameroonian( really proud of course) but you didn't really read my positions and comments about this topic, the only thing I'm sure is that the parallel made with Bakassi was totally injustified judging from the HISTORY, because Bakassi was naturally a cameroonian area and even a your nigerian brother confessed it. For Obugu this is completely insane an illogical, now those people who claims war makes me laugh a lot with their arrogance and so called patriotism. When you love your country you're strategic not excited.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by DrKnow1(m): 11:48am On Aug 01, 2010
Are we sure our eastern brothers have not sold Obudu to Cameroon already? May be they are about to claim what is legitimately theirs. Our Ndigbo brothers are very schrewed businessmen; they can sell their mothers.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by MetalGong3: 11:56am On Aug 01, 2010
Dr Know:

Are we sure our eastern brothers have not sold Obudu to Cameroon already? May be they are about to claim what is legitimately theirs/ Our Ndigbo brothers are very schrewed businessmen; they can sell their mothers.

You Yoruba men have been inventing all sorts of evil vices in Nigeria - ashawo biz, juju biz, money ritual , GBOMOGBOMO etcetera . .But thank God that some bad elements in Igboland are yet to learn how to sell their mothers from Yoruba peeps.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2010
Dr Know:

Are we sure our eastern brothers have not sold Obudu to Cameroon already? May be they are about to claim what is legitimately theirs. Our Ndigbo brothers are very schrewed businessmen; they can sell their mothers.

Did you remember to see the psychiatric doctor today angry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by phemmy88(m): 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2010
Why can't we just live in peace for God sake! This is Nigeria and some Nigerians 're still not "patriotic" -that gives the odacity for some bloody camerounians saying ill things about this country! They 're here praising there country and some God forsaken Nigerians also join them in verbaly abusing this country! The Igbos and yoruba are getting tribalistic on this thread. Why? Why the headache u guys 're giving ur self, some 're saying they prefer being in cameroun because there not being treated good here, it's Jst as if u're jumping 4rm frying pan to fire, I'll prefer staying here than stayin as a slave to cameroun(a country which her internally generated revenue is less than that of lagos state )
, and y'll allow this people to be running their mouth on Nairaland?
WTF!

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (28) (Reply)

There Are Plans To Assassinate Lagos LP Candidate, Gbadebo: Bode George / Soldiers Beat Up Voter For Taking Their Pictures In Surulere / Emir Sanusi Orders Sharia Commission To Return Ese To Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.