Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? (11080 Views)

How Can God Be Jealous Of Anything That He Created? Help Me Understand This Pls / There's Way Too Much BAD NEWS Out Here / Can God Be Seen? Qur'an vs Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: How do I get out of debt?

A: Becoming debt-free is something every Christian can—and should—accomplish.

The Bible tells us in Romans 13:8 to “keep out of debt and owe no man anything, except to love one another....” In fact, as believers, we should be the lender, not the borrower (Deuteronomy 28:12).

Getting out of debt basically requires some decisions on your part.

Decide to get out of debt and live debt free.

Put God first in your financial affairs.
Believe God for your daily bread.

Get in agreement with your spouse or another believer about your debt freedom.

Lay hold of debt freedom by faith.

Bind the devil in the Name of Jesus over your finances.

Loose the forces of heaven into your financial affairs.

Praise God for the manifestation of His power in your financial affairs.

When you make the decision to walk out these steps, your freedom from debt is on the way!

Call/text me with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
FAQ-2

Q: How do you deal with sin?

A: In dealing with sin, you must realize that man is a spirit. He lives in a body and he has a soul.

When a person is born again, he receives a new spirit and he is freed from the power of sin. The authority of sin is broken.

However, the soul still needs to be renewed to the Word of God or it will continue to express the nature of the flesh’s carnal desires.

Romans 12:2 says, “...be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”

The Bible says the Word of God is a sword that divides and separates between the soul and the spirit (Hebrews 4:12).

The word will expose all fleshly expression of sin in the soul. Once it is exposed, we deal with sin as a matter of choice. It is our decision whether or not we yield ourselves to it.

Call/text me with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
cheesy

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:02pm On Dec 11, 2018
FAQ-3

Q: How do I walk in divine health?

A: The key to living continually in divine health is simply to take your prescription! Here it is:

Proverbs 4:20-23: “My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it spring the issues of life.”

Go to your Bible and find the scriptures that deal with healing and long life. Use God’s Word like a daily dose of medicine and see your health thrive.

And as you stay in the Word of God, allow it to increase the joy in your heart and your trust in the Word. Proverbs 17:22 declares, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.”

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: If God forgives, why do I still have troubles?

A: You are forgiven! It’s so important to realize that. Whatever you have done, God forgave you the moment you asked Him and received His forgiveness.

At the same time, it is important to understand that forgiveness doesn’t keep undesirable circumstances from coming into our lives as a result of our disobedience.

For example, Christians might commit adultery or other forms of sexual immorality and then ask God for forgiveness.

Even though they ask for forgiveness, pregnancy, disease, divorce and emotional hurt may still be the result of such sin (Proverbs 2:16-19, 5:15-23).

Another example would be Christians who break the law and are put in jail or prison. Again, they may ask the Lord for His forgiveness, yet, outside of a miracle of God, they will have to serve their sentences.

The law of sowing and reaping indicates we all experience consequences for our actions. Giving place to the devil never produces good results.

Disobeying God throws the doors wide open for Satan to bring everything from sickness and disease, to destruction and death into our lives.

One of the keys to keeping Satan and his destruction out of our lives is for us to obey God (1 John 5:18).

Walking in obedience is not always easy, but we can receive God’s grace to empower us to live above the plans of the enemy.

We serve a good God who loves us and is able to deliver us from anything if we will trust Him! (Psalm 103:1-5).

And if we ever do make a mistake, it is important for us to understand that Jesus is available—and ready—to forgive us and cleanse us of our sin. All we have to do is ask Him to cleanse us, and then receive it (1 John 1:5-10).

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
FAQ-2

Q: Do I have to remain pure until marriage?

A: We encourage you to remain pure and support that decision with a commitment to honor the Lord with your whole being—spirit, soul and body.

Strengthen your position in that commitment by encouraging your friends and agreeing with your dating partner to share those same values and commitments concerning sexual purity and marriage.

The Bible speaks strongly and clearly against fornication, which is sexual intercourse outside of marriage. The Apostle Paul was stout in his writings about this.

Some have wondered whether French-kissing or other activities might also be involved in fornication.

Though many of these acts and expressions of physical intimacy are not fornication, the greater question we should ask ourselves is, “Are these acts OK?”

The answer begins not with our outward actions, but with our hearts (Matthew 5:28, 12:35, 15:18-20).

An act or expression of physical intimacy can still be wrong, even if it is not fornication. It can be wrong if it breaks down your commitment to God instead of building it up.

It’s important to understand that resolve alone is not enough. Even the greatest resolve can fall to the power of passion.

So refrain from intimate physical activities that arouse and stimulate—ones that attack your barriers of resolve and standards until unintended actions become real possibilities.

Instead, ask the Lord to show you how to help you and your dating partner build up your spirit so your soul can make quality decisions.

Remember, whatever you do in word or deed should be done in the Name of the Lord Jesus (Colossians 3:17). First Corinthians 6:20 says, “For God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.”

Read and meditate also on the following scriptures: 1 Corinthians 7:1-9; Galatians 5:19; 2 Timothy 2:19-21 and Ephesians 5:3.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: How can I hear the Holy Spirit more effectively?

A: The Holy Spirit is always speaking; it’s just a matter of opening your spiritual ears to hear Him. Let’s look at three ways that you can improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit.

1. Focus on the Word.

One of the most effective ways to improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit is by focusing on God’s Word.

In John 15:7, Jesus said, “But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!”

How do you know when you have been focusing enough on the Word? The Holy Spirit talks to you through it! He directs your thoughts as you go about your day.

You have to be diligent to read your Bible and reflect on it every day and obey it. Treat it like the priceless treasure it is.

2. Listen to God’s people.

The Holy Spirit isn’t just speaking to you. He’s speaking to all of God’s people.

Sometimes those people have received a message from the Lord for the Church, like when the Lord spoke through the apostles or when He gives men of God a prophecy.

Other times, the Holy Spirit uses those people to share a special message specifically for you. By listening to trusted faith ministers and even Spirit-led friends and family members, you can hear the Holy Spirit’s direction.

Now, that doesn’t mean you should listen to every person, or even every Christian, who believes that God wants them to tell you something. Make sure those people are Spirit-filled, Spirit-led and full of faith.

3. Listen in prayer.

Do you find yourself doing all the talking in your prayer time with the Lord? If you never get quiet enough to listen, how will you ever hear what the Holy Spirit is speaking to your heart?

When you pray, spend some time praising God for His goodness and thanking Him for all He has done for you (Psalm 100:4).

Then ask Him for what you need (Philippians 4:13). After that, get quiet. Prayer is not a one-way conversation. Make sure you give the Holy Spirit a chance to speak.

He may bring a scripture or song to your mind. He may bring a person to mind who needs prayer. Or He may give you direction for your day or even an answer to a prayer request.

The Holy Spirit is talking. It’s up to you to hear Him clearly. By putting these keys into practice, you’ll improve your ability to hear the Holy Spirit, and have the joy of living a Spirit-led life!

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
FAQ-2

Q: How do I maintain my healing?

A: We maintain our healing the same way we received our healing…by the power of God’s Word and by our taking hold of the finished work of Jesus.

Once we have been healed of an ailment or disease, we should continue to declare God’s Word over the situation, giving thanks for the manifestation of healing in our body.

When asked about it, we should give the credit where it’s due—to the Word and to the Lord Jesus.

Our continual acknowledgement of the work of the Word and the Cross in our lives will close the door to any way the enemy may try to get back into the situation.

And when we sense him tempting us in this area, we definitely should remind the enemy who he is (a liar) and who we are (children of God) and how we got our lasting healing (the Word and our Savior).

When we maintain our focus on the Word and the Lord, maintaining our healing will be simple!

Call/text us with your questions/challenges today. The Word of God has all your answers.

GIG International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 10:38pm On Dec 13, 2018
FAQ-3

Q: How do I offer my tithe to Jesus?

A: When it comes to offering your tithe to Jesus, your mouth is just as important as your hand.

Under the old covenant, the people were to take their tithe—the first fruits of their increase—to the priest declaring, “Go to the priest in charge at that time and say to him, ‘With this gift I acknowledge to the Lord your God that I have entered the land he swore to our ancestors he would give us’” (Deuteronomy 26:3).

Then the priest would place the tithe in a basket and present it on the altar before God as the people declared aloud their redemption before the Lord (verses 5-10, 13-15).

Today Jesus receives our tithes as we present them rejoicing in our deliverance from the kingdom of darkness and our entrance into His kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

He receives our tithes, presents them to the Father and blesses us (read Hebrews 7). Remember, the money is the tithe, but tithing is done with the mouth.

The place to which we bring the tithe is, according to Malachi 3:10, the storehouse, or the place where we are receiving our spiritual food—where a pastor, evangelist, apostle or other ministry is in operation.

The following is a suggested confession adapted from Deuteronomy 26 and Malachi 3 to be spoken over your tithe:

I confess this day to You, Lord God, that I have come into the inheritance which You swore to give me. I was a sinner held in bondage and in darkness by Satan. But I called upon the Name of Jesus and You heard my cry and delivered me from the power and authority of darkness. You lifted me out of my affliction and oppression. You took me in and forgave me and translated me into the kingdom of Your dear Son. You made me Yours through the shed blood of Jesus and gave me authority over the evil one.

Jesus, as my Lord and High Priest, I bring the first fruits of my land (income) which You have given me. I expect You to set it before the Father and worship Him with it. I rejoice in all the good which You have given to me and my household. I have listened to the voice of the Lord my God and have done according to all that You have commanded me.

Now look down from heaven, Your holy habitation, and bless me, Your son and servant, according to Your riches in glory. Bless my land (job) as You have promised in Your Word.

I declare the blessing is pouring out and there’s not enough room to receive it! God, You have rebuked the devourer for my sake. The work of my hands will not be destroyed and come to nothing. Today, I am experiencing God’s supernatural increase, and I walk in it by faith. I worship You, Lord, and I call it done, in Jesus’ Name.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: How does God discipline His children?

A: Often people wonder if painful or disruptive events are permitted by God to correct or discipline us.

But how does God discipline His children?

We know God does correct His children. That’s just part of loving us. Hebrews 12:7-11 points out that our earthly fathers correct us according to the flesh.

But our heavenly Father corrects us in our spirit man with His Word because He is the Father of our spirit. Jesus said that what is born of flesh is flesh, and what is born of spirit is spirit (John 3:6).

To find out how He corrects us, we can simply look at 2 Timothy 3:16-17: “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.”

Clearly God uses His Word to correct us. Part of our challenge has been caused by not distinguishing the dramatic differences in God’s correction under the old and new covenants. The two cannot be compared.

In the Old Testament times, God had to communicate on the physical level, in the sense realm. Spirit-level communication was out of reach until Jesus finished the redemptive work and the Holy Spirit came to live in man.

But even in the Old Testament, God never afflicted mankind with disease or anything of the curse. Satan is the thief who steals, kills and destroys. God brings life and blessing.

Under the old covenant, when a man stepped out from under God’s protection, Satan attacked. He used physical harassment to distract and destroy mankind.

But the old covenant child of God had no clear revelation of Satan. So it appeared to mankind that God was punishing him for breaking His laws. In error, man credited God for the harassment.

But everything is different under the New Covenant, or New Testament. We now have the gift of the Holy Spirit to help us hear God and understand His Word.

Satan is still up to his old tricks, using the five things listed in Mark 4—afflictions, persecutions, cares of this world, deceitfulness of riches and lust of other things—to draw man away from the Word.

God counters by using His Word to bring us above the trials of this world. He gives us the Holy Spirit to teach us all things, to guide us into all truth, and to show us things to come.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
FAQ-2

Q: The enemy is defeating me! What should I do?

A: When you made Jesus the Lord of your life, you gave the devil a tremendous defeat. With all the weapons in his arsenal, he was powerless to keep the light of the gospel from entering your life.

Now what’s he going to do? All he has left is to see if he can hide from you just how powerful you’ve become in the spirit realm. He can’t do anything about your eternity, but he will try to make you ineffective on earth.

Don’t get discouraged at temporary setbacks. When the devil tries to bring any kind of destruction, you can be confident the power of God in you can overcome the enemy.

First John 4:4 says, “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world.”

The power of God is available to you to stop Satan’s attack! Make this your confession and agree with it. It’s based on Ephesians 1:17-20:

“Ask God, the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and insight, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance. I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms.”

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:22am On Dec 15, 2018
FAQ-3

Q: Will heaven be boring?

A: No! Our time in heaven will be more involved than us simply enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Revelation 22:1-5 says:

“Then the angel showed me a river with the water of life, clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb. It flowed down the center of the main street. On each side of the river grew a tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit with a fresh crop each month. The leaves were used for medicine to heal the nations.

“No longer will there be a curse upon anything. For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship him. And they will see his face, and his name will be written on their foreheads. And there will be no night there—no need for lamps or sun—for the Lord God will shine on them. And they will reign forever and ever.”

Look again at the end of that—it says we will reign with Jesus forever and ever! The word reign literally means to rule like a king. In other words, we will have jobs to do for the Lord.

While the Bible does not clearly describe what this might involve, we know Hebrews 11:6 says it is impossible to please God without faith.

Putting our total faith and trust in God is something that will never become unnecessary—even in heaven.

The Bible says that in heaven we will exchange corruptible things for incorruptible and will receive new bodies (1 Corinthians 15; Philippians 3:21).

Of course, we will always be in need of God. We will always be the creation and He will always be the Creator—He is our Father and we are His children! As long as we live, both on earth and in heaven, we will be able to learn from Him.

Stepping into eternity is not the end of things, but merely the beginning. Ephesians 2:7 says, “So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus.”

Isaiah 6:1-3 speaks of the angels that continually circle the throne of God and never grow tired of declaring, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts.” Likewise, as children of God we will never grow tired of learning His ways and growing in Him!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2018
FAQ- 1

Q: Why do positive confessions bring results in some people’s lives and not in others?

A: Words are powerful things. The Word of God leaves no room for doubt about that. There has, however, been some misunderstanding among believers about how we can put that power to work in our lives.

Some people have the idea that they can just jump up once and say, “I believe I receive a million dollars today”—and somehow be a millionaire by nightfall. That, of course, is foolishness.

To determine the difference between faith and foolishness where confession is concerned, we have to go directly to the Word of God. Mark 11:22-25 says:

"Have faith in God. For verily I [Jesus] say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have aught against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

I want you to notice several things about that passage of Scripture. It does state that you can have what you say. But it also outlines some conditions you must meet:

1. You must have faith in God.

2. You must be willing to “say” something to your mountains (problems, needs, etc.)

3. You must not doubt.

4. You must have confidence in your own words. You must believe in your heart that what you say will come to pass.

5. You must believe you receive what you desire when you pray—not when you see it happen.

6. You must “say” what you believe.

7. You must forgive everyone.

Obviously there is much more to true Bible-based confession than simply “naming it and claiming it.” To release real power, your words must have faith behind them. We see that principle operate in the negative all the time.

For instance, someone will say, “Well, we’re planning to leave for vacation next week. But I can tell you right now, our children will get sick before we get out of town. They do it every year.”

Sure enough, it will happen just like they said it would. Now that person didn’t mean to use the power of confession, but he did.

He released faith with those words—not faith in God, but faith that the children would get sick. He was saying what he truly believed, and he received it just like he spoke it.

You can’t get around it. It’s spiritual law. To put that spiritual law to work for you instead of against you, you have to develop a different kind of faith.

You have to develop faith in the Word of God. You have to build that Word inside you by hearing it and hearing it (Romans 10:17).

As that Word becomes a part of you, it will begin to come out of your mouth. You’ll say it almost without thinking, because “...out of the abundance of the heart the mouth [speaks]” (Matthew 12:34).

That is when your words become powerful—when they agree with God’s Word and come from your heart. Those words contain the authority of God Himself.

The power of positive confession can’t be worked like a gimmick. It must be lived as a lifestyle today. Diligently seek God (Hebrews 11:6) and meditate in His Word day and night (Joshua 1:cool.

Then what He says—and what you say—will become His Words in your words: words so full of faith and power, you can’t help but have what you say!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:58pm On Dec 15, 2018
FAQ- 2

Q: How do I handle lack of money?

A: Remember: As the Body of Christ, we don’t have a lack of money! God has provided every dollar we will ever need not only to have all our needs met, but also to bless others.

When you’re feeling lack, what you need is to get hold of God’s Word about your finances and have a renewing of your mind concerning money in your life. The devil would like to keep you thinking you will never have an abundance of money. That’s a lie!

We daily need our minds renewed to the truth about God’s plan for the prosperity of His people.

When we place our faith in the living God (Matt. 25:21), seek His kingdom (Matt. 6:33), and walk in the truth of His Word (3 John 1:;2-4), diligently sow our financial seed (Proverbs 3:9-10), and consistently believe and say what His Word says about our finances (2 Corinthians 4:13), we will begin to live in the overflowing blessings of abundance God has provided.

The prosperous life for the Christian is ours! Our job is to take hold of it and live abundantly!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2018
FAQ- 3

Q: How can I stop falling to the strong desires of my old life?

A: You are not alone in that battle. As children of God, none of us want to be guilty of fulfilling what Scripture calls “the lust of the flesh.”

In our society, lust is most often thought of in connection with sexual immorality. But lust means “strong desire.” The lust of the flesh is simply the strong desire to follow after the ways of the world rather than God, in any area of our lives.

Take a quick inventory of your life since you became a Christian. Have you noticed a battle going on inside you? You want to do what’s right, but it seems difficult to overcome wrong desires.

That’s because you were created as a three-part being. You are a spirit, you have a soul (your mind, will and emotions), and you live in a body.

When you accept Jesus as your Savior, your spirit is born again and receives new life. Your soul and body, however, remain the same until you do something to change them.

To change what happens with the impulses of the flesh and the response of the soul you need to know where the front lines of the battle are.

In the struggle between the spirit and the flesh, your mind is the main battlefield because you will not do anything you have not thought about first.

Proverbs 23:7 teaches us that what a man thinks about or meditates on is what he becomes. If Satan can keep your thoughts focused on ungodly things, he will have no trouble controlling you. Your actions will simply follow right in line with your thoughts.

In other words, you control who wins. What you give your attention to and think about the most will decide who wins. It’s as simple as that.

“Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think” (Romans 12:2).

Can you really change the way you think? Definitely. Simply read and spend time thinking about the written Word of God. Change doesn’t happen overnight. That’s why you need to make the quality decision to put the Word first place in your life on a daily basis.

There are other things you can do to undergird this new way of thinking.

Spend time letting yourself hear the Word being ministered in power and stay away from negative music, movies, books and magazines.

You will find that you have a different focus for your thoughts. Jesus, the Living Word, will become so real to you that your desires will change. You will be empowered to walk in newness of life and not fulfill the lust of the flesh!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
FAQ-1

Q: What is the purpose of prophecy?

A: We learn from 1 Corinthians 14:3 that prophecy is for strengthening, encouraging and comforting others. It will always line up with God’s Word. And we know what God has written in His Word is always His will.

That’s important, because the reason prophecy comes is to confirm or to turn a person around concerning God’s will.

It comes because God has been talking to the person, and either he or she is not sure or has not been listening; therefore, the Spirit of God will speak through another person.

Let prophecy confirm what you’ve been hearing, or turn you toward God’s will. But don’t be led by prophecy!

Proverbs 20:27 says, “The Lord’s light penetrates the human spirit, exposing every hidden motive.”

The Spirit of God is dwelling in your spirit, and you can trust His leadership (1 John 2:27; John 16:13) when it comes to all the spiritual gifts.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
FAQ-2

Q: When I give, how can I know if I’m giving in faith or just for my own reasons?

A: The message of biblical prosperity is powerful, and as believers we all want to jump right into the river of blessings and receive God’s best.

But it is important that we not attempt to develop in this one area faster than we are developing in our overall relationship with God. Everything we do as Christians must be based on our relationship with God and His Word.

What has happened on occasion is believers have attempted to walk in the fullness of prosperity without first developing the patience in God’s Word that is needed.

In extreme instances, some have even written checks on empty bank accounts attempting to sow faith seeds.

We know that this is not walking by faith because writing bad checks is fraud, and faith is always based on God’s Word and His righteousness. Actions like this can be classified as stepping into “presumption” instead of faith.

Presumption, in relationship to faith, can be defined as doing something based on an assumption that it is the right thing to do without really being certain that it is God’s will.

Acting beyond the point of God’s direction will not bring results. The task of faith which we take on should not be beyond the development of our faith.

The test for whether or not something is based on faith is whether or not it is based on God’s direction and lines up with His Word.

We should ask ourselves what is really motivating our decision to pursue an endeavor. Has our endeavor come from the Lord’s direction, or is it simply something that we would like to pursue?

Let’s make this clear: God wants to bless us abundantly. But seeking His direction and timing is crucial because our faith has to be based on His direction for our lives.

Hebrews 6:12 tells us that it is those who have faith and patience who will inherit God’s promises. Faith in God has to be developed before the desired result can be obtained.

God will do exceeding abundantly beyond what we can ask or think, according to the power at work within us (Ephesians 3:20).

God will move on our behalf when our actions are based on His direction, and we have patience at work, knowing that He is able to perform. Once patience has had its perfect work, we will be perfect and entire, wanting nothing! (James 1:4).

When we put our overall development with God and His Word in first place, the manifestation of our prosperity will be inevitable!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
FAQ-3

Q: Is there a connection between faith and love?

A: Have you ever wondered what faith and love have to do with one another? Galatians 5:6 says, “For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.”

Faith works by love. It is energized by love. Faith is put into motion by love. Why is that? Well, most of us are probably familiar with the Apostle Paul’s teaching on love in 1 Corinthians 13. But as we read verses 1-3 in The Amplified Bible, I want us to focus on the faith-love connection.

If I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love...I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers...and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody). Even if I dole out all that I have [to the poor in providing] food, and if I surrender my body to be burned...but have not love...I gain nothing.

In the Garden of Eden, God gave Adam just one “do not.” It was, Don’t eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God only gave one command, but it certainly covered a lot of territory.

Today, if you think about it, you and I still only have one “do not”—Don’t get out of love. That’s our one commandment.

We are to walk in love, which covers a lot of ground. In fact, we see in this passage that our love walk is connected to everything we do in life as believers, including our faith. Faith—without love—is going nowhere.

God wants us to walk in love because love never fails. He wants the best for us, and since the best is found in love, you and I must walk in love in order to receive God’s best.

You and I cannot pick and choose what we want to believe from God’s Word and disregard the rest. It’s all connected, and it all centers around love. Faith and love are intricately connected.

Begin studying God’s Word for yourself to find out about this connection and how to live it. When you bring love and faith together, your entire outlook will begin to shift, and you’ll begin to view the world through God’s eyes!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
FAQ (1)

Q: How can I control my thought life?

A: Controlling your thought life is not only possible—it’s promised. But to do so, you have to advance to the front lines of spiritual conflict.

Your mind is the main battlefield in the struggle to live a victorious, godly life.

Proverbs 23:7 teaches us that what a man thinks about or meditates on, is what he becomes. So your thought life is very important.

There is no need for you to be harassed or tormented in your thoughts by the devil, because God has made provision for you to be successful in this area.

Satan’s strategy is clear. He wants to influence your mind with ugly or negative thoughts which are usually lies or deceptions—anything contrary to the Word of God.

Think about it: Once Satan has lost you to God’s kingdom, he has only one hope remaining. That’s to keep you thinking and acting like you used to think. He knows this makes you ineffective in the kingdom of God in spite of being a believer.

No, you can’t prevent wrong thoughts from coming to your mind. But that’s not where the real battle is fought. The real battle is won when you refuse to dwell on those wrong thoughts.

Here’s how Romans 12:2 puts it: “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.”

Your mind needs to be renewed. When you accept Jesus as your Savior, it is only your spirit that is born again and receives new life.

Your mind and body remain the same until you do something to change them and cause them to line up with your spirit.

The way you renew your mind and control your thoughts is pretty simple really. It is a natural result of reading and meditating on the written Word of God.

In fact Philippians 4:8 spells out the kinds of things we should be thinking about: things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely and of good report.

And 2 Corinthians 10:5 says it is our responsibility to bring every thought into the obedience of Christ. This will only happen as you daily take the time to put God’s Word first place in your life.

The Word has supernatural power to defeat Satan in the battlefield of your mind.

When Satan brings thoughts and suggestions to your mind, use the Word of God in the same manner Jesus did in the wilderness when Satan tempted Him.

He only answered what the Word said. Each time, He exclaimed, “It is written!” He used the Word of God to drive Satan out of His presence. You can do the same thing. Through Jesus Christ and His Word you are the victor!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:05pm On Dec 18, 2018
FAQ (2)

Q: How can I raise children who don’t rebel?

A: The answer lies in a scripture we don’t often hear much about in regard to raising children.

Galatians 3:13-14 has a special bearing on how we are to raise our children: “But Christ has rescued us from the curse pronounced by the law. When he was hung on the cross, he took upon himself the curse for our wrongdoing. For it is written in the Scriptures, ‘Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree.’ Through Christ Jesus, God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham, so that we who are believers might receive the promised Holy Spirit through faith.”

You may have heard a lot of teaching from this passage. You’ve heard we have been redeemed from everything under the curse of the law.

You’ve heard we don’t have to put up with the curse. You’ve heard we’ve been redeemed from sin, sickness, disease and poverty.

What you probably have not heard is much teaching about the part of the curse that has to do with our children.

Yet reference to the curse of the law in Deuteronomy 28 mentions children in two verses: Verse 32 says, “You will watch as your sons and daughters are taken away as slaves. Your heart will break for them, but you won’t be able to help them.”

Verse 41 says, “You will have sons and daughters, but you will lose them, for they will be led away into captivity.”

Don’t let this discourage you. This is the testimony of many parents today. They watch helplessly as their children are taken captive by the world—drugs, alcohol, perversion and so forth. But it doesn’t have to be that way or remain that way.

As believers, we can use our God-given authority and stand against these forces. According to Galatians 3:13, Jesus has broken the power of the curse. So we have the right to order Satan out of our children’s lives.

As soon as you recognize problems of rebellion in your children, address them quickly before they develop into more serious situations.

Don’t be guilty of ignoring symptoms of rebellion when your children are small. Don’t simply excuse their acts of rebellion as a stage they are going through, assuming they will grow out of it.

If you ignore it when they are small, it will be much more difficult to handle when they get older and the rebellion has had time to develop into a strong force.

Here’s what you do when you see these signs of rebellion occurring: Go immediately to the Word, seeking scriptures you can use to combat it.

Then speak these scriptures aloud before God. Take authority in the spirit world and refuse to give Satan any room to operate. This is your responsibility as a Christian parent.

A child does not understand the spiritual forces coming against him, so it is up to the parents to fight the spiritual battles and keep Satan out of the child’s life.

And don’t stop there. Take every opportunity to minister love to your children. Whenever they come around you, express your love in some way.

It won’t take long for them to begin responding to that love. Don’t hesitate to show love to your children. They will respond to it!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Wow. 1000+ views. Thank you. This is your season to be blessed!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:51pm On Dec 18, 2018
FAQ (3)

Q: What is the importance of ministering to the poor?

A: When Jesus quoted from Isaiah 61 concerning the anointing that was on His ministry, He read, “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:16-18).

Jesus was declaring His Anointing to meet specific needs for specific groups of people.

If He preached to the blind, they didn’t have to be blind anymore; to the brokenhearted, they didn’t have to have broken hearts anymore; and to the captives, they didn’t have to be bound anymore, what did He preach to the poor? Not just the new birth. It seems obvious that He preached they didn’t have to be poor anymore.

When we give to the poor, we enter into the anointing that was on Jesus to fulfill the covenant promises of prosperity that God gave to Abraham and expanded on in His promises through Moses in Deuteronomy 8:6-18 and 28:1-13.

When you give directly to the poor, or to those who minister to their needs and get the gospel to them, you are sowing into good soil.

Psalm 41:1-2 says, “Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble. The Lord protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity in the land and rescues them from their enemies.”

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2018
FAQ (1)

Q: How do I make withdrawals from my heavenly account?

A: Here are the steps to withdrawing from your heavenly account based on Paul’s teaching in Philippians 4:15-17.

Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only. For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

When we tithe and honor God with the first fruits of our income, God in turn opens an account and honors us with His fruit. Here are the steps:

1. Don’t trust in uncertain earthly riches.

2. Be willing to communicate, i.e., to give and receive in order to give again.

3. Don’t wait until you get to heaven to withdraw from your account.

4. Know how much is in your account…not to prove to God you give, but for your own information.

5. Write down the amount you’re withdrawing, just like you would with a bank account.

6. Don’t let the devil talk you out of it.

7. Praise…Praise…Praise! Thank the Lord for your withdrawal to provide what you need and desire.

Remember, when you give to good works, you are making deposits and you are due withdrawals from your heavenly account!

Call/text me with your questions today. The Word of God has all your answers.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2018
FAQ (2)

Q: How can I know if a dream is from God?

A: First John 4:1 tells us to test the spirits whether they are from God. We are to prove all things and hold on to that which is good (1 Thessalonians 5:21).

This is true whether it is a dream or vision we received in the night, or something someone said that would affect the course of our lives.

Test the prophecy, vision or dream to make sure it lines up with the Word. That makes it impossible for Satan to deceive.

The Word of God is the will of God and is not subject to error; you cannot go wrong if you go with the Word.

The Apostle Paul said, “Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you” (Galatians 1:8 ).

Also, since you are a Christian, you have another aid in knowing whether something is from God, or not. The Holy Spirit will bear witness with your spirit as to what is the truth. He will never reveal to you anything that contradicts the written Word of God.

Many people have received prophecies, visions or dreams believing they were from God, when actually they proceeded from Satan.

Satan appeared as an angel of light, fooling them, and they acted on it without ever proving it with the Word of God (2 Corinthians 11:14).

So here’s the bottom line: Always remember all dreams, visions and prophecies must agree with the written Word of God.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
FAQ (3)

Q: What are the different kinds of prayer?

A: Whatever kind of prayer you pray, it is simply communicating with God. It’s an opportunity to talk with God, share your heart and desires with Him and to have Him answer.

It’s not complicated. It’s essentially very simple because what is most important is that your prayers be open and heartfelt.

Deepening your understanding of prayer is not to make it more complicated, but simply to increase your awareness of the different functions prayer can serve.

Below are the main kinds of prayer mentioned in Scripture:

1. The prayer of agreement is when you pray with someone else and it increases the power of your authority at least tenfold (Matthew 18:19).

2. The prayer of commitment is casting your cares over on the Lord (1 Peter 5:7).

3. The prayer of faith can heal your body (James 5:14-15).

4. Simply giving thanks to the Lord is the prayer of thanksgiving (Ephesians 5:20).

5. Praying for the lost to be saved is the prayer of intercession (1 Timothy 2:1-2).

Prayer is a powerful thing and God wants you to walk in the fullness of it.

For further teaching on this subject, I recommend Kenneth Copeland’s book entitled Prayer—Your Foundation for Success. In this book, he goes into detail on the various kinds of prayer and how to use them.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
smiley

Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
FAQ (1)

Q: Is living together outside of marriage wrong?

A: The Bible says in 1 Thessalonians 5:22 that we are to avoid the very appearance of evil.

Living together without being married gives the appearance of evil and therefore should be avoided.

It suggests that the couple involved is willing to limit their commitment to one another based on current feelings instead of long-term commitment based on God’s design for marriage and His laws governing duration and nature of the relationship.

Genesis 2:22-25; Ephesians 5:21-33; Hebrews 13:4; and Romans 13:1 reveal both the spiritual and legal aspects of the marriage covenant.

When a man and woman live together without committing to one another and to God in the spiritual and legal aspects of marriage, they violate the Word of God.

Marriage is a sacred covenant in the eyes of God. A man and woman should make every effort to honor God and each other by obeying the Word regarding marriage.

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2018
FAQ (2)

Q: What do I do if my spouse views pornography?

A: Assuming your spouse realizes the detrimental results of pornography use to his/her own spiritual well-being and the harm it does in his/her relationships, your responsibility is to stay in faith for your spouse.

Pornography is one of Satan's tactics to trap men and women and fulfill his ultimate intent to kill, steal and destroy lives (John 10:10).

So what do you do? Pray God’s Word over your spouse. First John 5:4-5 says, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”

God wants your spouse to walk free from those things that would be a hindrance to life, and Jesus has made it possible to do so!

So, pray for your spouse like this:

“Father, ________ (spouse’s name) has sinned against You and right now I intercede on his/her behalf, declaring he/she will choose to turn away from that sin and leave it behind.

I thank You for Your forgiveness for this sin, and by faith I stand for his/her cleansing from all sin by the blood of Jesus. I confess over him/her Your empowerment to live a holy life right now, in Jesus' Name. Amen!”

And a key to your answered prayer, according to Mark 11:22-25, is that when you stand praying, you forgive. So your stand of faith includes forgiving your spouse for this sin against you and your relationship.

Now, let God work in your spouse’s life. Your job is to daily thank Him for deliverance according to the Word you have prayed and believed!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 4:54am On Dec 21, 2018
FAQ (3)

Q: How do I overcome a learning disorder?

A: There is no reason for anyone to remain frustrated in any area of life, including having a difficulty in learning.

After all, God gave us the written Word and commanded us to study it in 2 Timothy 2:15. He would not have done that had He not given everyone the ability to succeed in it.

So if there is a problem in this area, then God has to provide an answer to help you overcome it, and He has.

God has helped others to learn. In Daniel 1:17 we learn how God helped Daniel and the Hebrew children by giving them “knowledge and skill in all learning and wisdom.”

James 1:5 also instructs us to ask God if we lack wisdom (or understanding) and He will give it to us.

Now that’s a wonderful promise! Because God is no respecter of persons, He will do the same for you (Acts 10:34).

Don’t forget your status and equipping as a child of God. As a Christian you have the very life of God dwelling in you.

John 1:4 says, “In him was life; and the life was the light of men.” The life of God in you is your light. It will enable you to operate with the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16).

The Holy Spirit is also there to teach you and bring things to your remembrance when you need them (John 14:26). What a great tutor!

God intends for you to be a success and He has provided the tools you need. Begin to stand on His Word today and claim these promises to work in your life!

F A M.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 2:10pm On Dec 21, 2018
FAQ (1)

Q: What is the difference between hope and faith?

A: The difference is that faith is now; hope is always in the future. And there’s a reason for that.

Romans 8:24-25 states, “We were given this hope when we were saved. (If we already have something, we don’t need to hope for it. But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently.)”

Hope is that expectancy that keeps our faith alive until what we’re believing for comes.

Faith is always now, as stated in Hebrews 11:1: “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for....” Faith gives our hope substance.

Faith says you receive when you pray (Mark 11:24). Faith is in the heart. Hope keeps your faith alive until those things you are believing for are pulled from the spiritual realm into the natural.

Folajinmi Awujoola Ministries (FAM)

God is Good (GIG) International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: FAQ: How Can God Be Good If There Is So Much Bad In The World? by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2018
FAQ (2)

Q: Is it God’s will for every Christian to be financially blessed?

A: God wants all of His people blessed. In fact, we have specifically been given Abraham as an example of how we are to receive God’s prosperity. And if there is one thing we know about Abraham, it’s that he was blessed extravagantly.

One way Abraham was certainly blessed was in possessions. We are told he was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. He and Lot became so prosperous, there wasn’t room for both of them in the same area (Genesis 13:2, 5-6).

That’s important to you and me because Galatians 3:13-14 says that Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.... “God has blessed the Gentiles with the same blessing he promised to Abraham [that’s us!].”

As long as our focus remains on Jesus, we can enjoy financial prosperity as part of our covenant with God!

I encourage you to study God’s Word where prosperity is concerned. You can start with the following scriptures:

Genesis 12:16

Deuteronomy 8:18

Deuteronomy 28:8-13

Joshua 1:8

Psalm 37:4

Psalm 35:27

Matthew 6:33

2 Corinthians 9:8-9

Philippians 4:19

3 John 2.

Folajinmi Awujoola Ministries (FAM)

God is Good (GIG) International Church, Worldwide.

+2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Are The Spiritual Effects Of Premarital Sex? / Re:members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Price Of TB Joshua Anointed Water #5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.