Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo (18887 Views)

Family Of Five Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes In Ogun / How Generator Fumes Killed An Only Son / 3 Fast Food Workers Unconscious After Inhaling Generator Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by davillian(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2018
These things I've been hearing since but still wonder why people still underestimate how toxic caebornmonoxide is.
Well they say death blocks the ears and brains of anybody it wants to take.
Rip to them.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by openmine(m): 8:47am On Nov 30, 2018
haba.... shocked shocked
This is 2018 and people are ignorantly putting generators inside their house?
Can't they read that the equipment is only for outdoor use?
Now i can confidently say that most of Africa's problems esp in Nigeria are self-inflicted and little or nothing to do with witchcraft or village people!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by backnbeta(f): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2018
fidelium7:
She kept it there likely out of fear of its being stolen
Maybe for safe keeping but not when it's working...may God help us all as we help ourselves!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Reference(m): 8:48am On Nov 30, 2018
Ignorance is a killer. It permits you the privileges of enjoying technology without appreciating the responsibility of understanding how they function.

For goodnes sake how can a police sergeant, a Federal law enforcement officer not know how to safely operate a device as basic as a portable power generating set. It is written clearly on the first page of the manual and inscribed on the body of most brands.

DONOT OPERATE INDOORS!!! Simple. And if you cannot read, our dear Chinese brothers represent it pictorially.

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nukilia: 8:50am On Nov 30, 2018
Bastardized Nation!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Tomoyayi(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2018
Generator inside the house is a no no. The fumes will keep spreading till the oxygen level drops. And with they way most Nigerian houses are built, cross ventilation is an issue. They probably died of asphyxiation.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by koolguy88(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2018
Let's use clean energy for alternative power supply @home so as to avoid suffocation from generator fumes. clean energy such as solar inverters, batteries generates clean alternative power supply we can manage @home
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nukilia: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2018
Reference:
Ignorance is a killer. It permits you the privileges of enjoying technology without appreciating the responsibility of understanding how they function.
For goodnes sake how can a police sergeant, a Federal law enforcement officer not know how to safely operate a device as basic as a portable power generating set. It is written clearly on the first page of the manual and inscribed on the body of most brands.
DONOT OPERATE INDOORS!!! Simple. And if you cannot read, our dear Chinese brothers represent it pictorially.

Why should citizens use generator in the first place? This country is in deep trash and everyone prefers to die alone while our leaders steal our common wealth to fund their luxurious lives.
Don't blame those who lost their lives, blame the leaders who do not see anything wrong in their inability to fix the nations problem.

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Gabrielsunday(m): 8:59am On Nov 30, 2018
J0hnTrevolt:
Curses of d poorly detained ones are real.
It will affect u and ur grand children.
Receive sense in Jesus name.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Mutemenot(m): 9:00am On Nov 30, 2018
Too many problem in this country. Probably she was afraid of losing her gen to thieves .
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by darrellg9: 9:01am On Nov 30, 2018
and i have never heard that someone died of generator fumes in the developed country where there is steady electricity...

this country sha
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Tizu(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2018
harkandey:
hmm, this life is vanity upon vanity.
imagine person buy death with his/her hard earned money

rip to the dead

May be bought with egunje money which the giver swore terrible oath on. Still others won't learn.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Truckpusher(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2018
He probably bought that generator with money he extorted from innocent harmless citizens.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 30, 2018
harkandey:
hmm, this life is vanity upon vanity.
imagine person buy death with his/her hard earned money

rip to the dead

Mind you, with bribe money, the person he extort that generator money from is somewhere suffering and his/her God have finally react. Stop bribery police no go hear.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Royalbloodline: 9:05am On Nov 30, 2018
backnbeta:
Generator in the kitchen or anywhere inside the apartment is wrong though undecided

God should help us. Poverty in the land.
These cases are common and reoccuring because people cant put their gens outside in an unfenced building, to avoid thefts. And rather than build an iron cage for it outside,they endanger their lifes by locking it up with themselves in the house.

Cabon monoxide na silent killer undecided cry
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 30, 2018
6digitscomrade:
and 50cent said sleep is the cousin of Death..

50 cent or The game?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Palmer6: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2018
Imagine a policewoman that would have witness many cases of carbon monoxide death, still keeps Generator inside her kitchen for God knows why.
Anyway, RIP to the dead
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 30, 2018
stop putting generator in ur kitchen or close to ur window. make we dey hear word biko. carbon monoxide kills. may they RIP.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by conscienceman4(m): 9:37am On Nov 30, 2018
Where is Fashola, that minister of power?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by NairaMaster1(m): 9:39am On Nov 30, 2018
dominique:
That's the terrible thing about carbon monoxide poisoning. You won't know it's killing you till your body has absorbed enough to kill you in your sleep. RIP to the deceased

Unfortunately, our people are deaf and dumb to this.

It will still happen again and again.

1 Like

Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by harkandey(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2018
fuckupnation:

Mind you, with bribe money, the person he extort that generator money from is somewhere suffering and his/her God have finally react. Stop bribery police no go hear.

never jump into conclusions without proper investigation, no every police collect bribe
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by uuzba(m): 10:08am On Nov 30, 2018
otokx:
How can you keep generator so close to the house and overnight? Latest 11pm switch off all generators in Nigeria should become a law.
Unfortunate.
Oyibo who manfucature these generators do not use it like this in their own countires. They already have light.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by harkandey(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2018
Tizu:

May be bought with egunje money which the giver swore terrible oath on. Still others won't learn.

yes may be, because nobody is sure where she got her generator , i don't support anybody in Nigeria police uniform but don't said that because you don't know her
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by mechanics(m): 10:15am On Nov 30, 2018
People are still ignorant of the adverse effect of keeping generator inside the room when it's on, i believe she might have known about that, but she didn't yield to the caution.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by 6digitscomrade: 10:23am On Nov 30, 2018
Hipsofagoddess:

50 cent or The game?
anything is possible if 50 fuckkk vivica..
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Born2Breed(f): 10:54am On Nov 30, 2018
May their soul rest in peace and God heals the survivors.

When will my people learn, just because you are scared of losing the generator to thieves then loss your life.

Keep generator outdoors and far from the main vent. People are just committing suicide due to ignorance.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by kareemkamil(m): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
I blame PDP for importation of generator, I thank Buhari for banned importation of generator.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Reference(m): 3:37pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nukilia:

Why should citizens use generator in the first place? This country is in deep trash and everyone prefers to die alone while our leaders steal our common wealth to fund their luxurious lives.
Don't blame those who lost their lives, blame the leaders who do not see anything wrong in their inability to fix the nations problem.

You say 'don't blame those who lose their lives ignorantly'... Are you alright at all. So because political leadership cannot take care of me, I should then comit suicide. Is it not the living that can changed things. Now she's dead, what will change. Even her pension will be stolen because her family is esentially wiped out the face of the earth.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Reference(m): 3:43pm On Nov 30, 2018
kareemkamil:
I blame PDP for importation of generator, I thank Buhari for banned importation of generator.

When your peers are busy developing the next I-Phone you sit there manufacturing the latest I-Blame for fellow lazy bones to buy into. Sit there and blame a non living entity for the pit people live in instead of finding solutions. You think citizens of successful nations conduct themselves like this.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Nukilia: 3:51pm On Nov 30, 2018
Reference:

You say 'don't blame those who lose their lives ignorantly'... Are you alright at all. So because political leadership cannot take care of me, I should then comit suicide. Is it not the living that can changed things. Now she's dead, what will change. Even her pension will be stolen because her family is esentially wiped out the face of the earth.

Let me dignify with a response. It will shock you to know that relatively close fate awaits more people... When citizens fail to demand accountability from their various leaders, that's the resultant effect... #FailedSystem #FailedNation

If someone told me its possible to have 24/7 stable electricity I would have told them that's not possible based on my myopic view within the failed system. I think the bigger question we should all ask ourselves is "ARE WE ALRIGHT?"
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Police Sergeant And Her Two Children In Osogbo by Reference(m): 4:04pm On Nov 30, 2018
Nukilia:

Let me dignify with a response. It will shock you to know that relatively close fate awaits more people... When citizens fail to demand accountability from their various leaders, that's the resultant effect... #FailedSystem #FailedNation

If someone told me its possible to have 24/7 stable electricity I would have told them that's not possible based on my myopic view within the failed system. I think the bigger question we should all ask ourselves is "ARE WE ALRIGHT?"

Nobody should kill himself or herself on account of bad leadership except if the individual desires to be a matyr for a cause. It may interest you to notethat this so called bad leadership did not come from Mars or Neptune. They come from within us. Born and bredin Nigeria some many years before us, some our contemporaries, others younger. What enables them malfunction in tje corridors of power is exactly the same thing that killed off that family.... the inability to know, understand and appreciate what life is all about.

I can guarantee you that if you brought the best set of leaders anywhere in the world and put them in the Nigerian set up, within a short period of time, they too will malfunction. Read ny posts very well and you will hear me repeatedly say this: Nigerians generally donot have the adequate knowledge to form the quality of society they do often desire.

Ask me tomorrow, next year, in ten years whether anyone has learnt anything from this incident. Chances are that few will even remember it.

E

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO:NAFDAC Seizes Expired Dunone Yogurt And Intercepts Truckload Of Fake Wines / Burn Survivor Shares Her Story 3 Years After She Was Burnt In Gas Explosion / I Need Weight Loss Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.