Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,222 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari (41594 Views)

Ogunlesi Reacts To "Jigawa Sharing N193 Billion To Pregnant, Lactating Women" / Amaechi's Brother, Dede Amaechi Is Dead: Buhari Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi / Mutari Dauda Is Dead! Buhari's Nephew Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by dermmy(m): 8:40am On Dec 04, 2018
surgical:
hypocrisy, when kumuyi, adeboye,enuche,mbaka supports buhari it's fine but when others criticize him all hell is let loose

Always use your head, constructive criticism is good for a polity. There is nothing constructive about what oyedepo has said. This is verbal expression of hatred and this shouldn't be coming from a man of GOD but this is a democracy and we are allowed to say whatever we like but if you claim to be a man of God you have to be careful of what you say.

Col 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by AHCB: 8:40am On Dec 04, 2018
Later, he'll label Freeze a hater of the church, when he's also doing the hating.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by badman007(m): 8:41am On Dec 04, 2018
Caseless:
Oyedepo is a shaky dunderhead whose preoccupation is using his pulpit to attack Buhari. We seek no mutability from such a man of holy tricks whose consanguinity is stealing from the poor .

Nobody cares about Oyedepo. We care about treason and National Security. What if these presidency murdered out Mr real President?

What if they are holding Aisha hostage? We need an investigation. To hell with Oyedepo.

Remember when Yar Adua died?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 04, 2018
baba4dgirls:

Well, if you or your Imam are as intelligent as he is, then we would have less terrorists to deal with.

You muslims should focus on the terrorists you keep churning out anddrawing the country backward and leave the church out of your misery.

You BMC lots are so annoying. You are down talking a man because he asked the presidency to respond to an article?

The pastor is a Nigerian with the right to ask for response from a government. Trump wouldnt wait a day before giving a well detailed response to such issues.

The way you Muslims like to downtalk Christans but can take half of it, is annoying.

If this happened to Goodluck or any Christan, ai know you lots will even be protesting. If you have proof that he siphoned money why don't you bring it out. 30 naira brats everywhere.

Stfu there. What kind of stupid question is he asking. Lemme ask u too, u d poster, are u yourself dead?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 04, 2018
IamTheAnswers:
Nigeria Presidency reacts as Oyedepo speaks on ‘dead’ Buhari

Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Digital and New Media, Tolu Ogunlesi has hit at Bishop David Oyedepo over his statement on President being dead and cloned as Jubril Sudan.

Oyedepo had on Sunday reacted to report that Buhari was dead and the President in Aso Rock was Jubril El Sudan.

Oyedepo, speaking from Living Faith church HQ at Canaan land, Ota, on Sunday called on Buhari to as a matter of urgency, address the nation on the allegation.

But, reacting, Buhari’s aide, Ogunlesi took to his Twitter page, describing Oyedepo as a hater of Buhari.

He wondered why the cleric would go to a far length to discredit Buhari.

Ogunlesi wrote: “Olatunji Dare, one of Nigeria’s finest satirists, wrote a piece titled ‘Buhari’s Double’ on Nov 27:

“Pastor of one of Nigeria’s LARGEST CHURCHES cites the SATIRE in a sermon (apparently yest) as evidence PMB likely dead.

“I know the Bishop has always detested PMB (its a free world, really, the right to dislike anyone is guaranteed constitutionally atink), but I don’t understand why he keeps going this far to peddle/amplify (from the pulpit) falsehood and disinformation about him. Really puzzling.“

http://dailypost.ng/2018/12/03/presidency-reacts-oyedepo-speaks-dead-buhari/
The reason you wrote and think the way you do is because you are an educated illiterate. That Olatunji Dare is a satirist doesn't guarantee that all his write up must be satire!
what was the vise or folly used in that write up. That article is a piece of information in a plan terms. Your employers gave you a smart phone and iPad doesn't mean you should respond to every matter; both the one you and you don't know. free bishop he is a citizen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by kevwemike: 8:47am On Dec 04, 2018
IamTheAnswers:
Oyedepo blind man. You serve Spirit yet you can not see nor hear from the spirit.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
u are a very big foolish capital fool ur eyes we soon clear lame.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by princfred(m): 8:47am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:
Oyedepo goofed.

That's simply an hate speech and if FG should order for his arrest now. Some people will be shouting

A whole G.O spewing this kind of rubbish.
Sharap there my friend. The GO is a citizen who has the right to urge the president to clarify an all important issue. You never arrest FH carrying out hate crimes all over na somebody echoing the mind of millions. If Christians leaders can't call politicians to order for good of the country, who will? That's how you guys encourage mundane orientation which messed up the country.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by gare(f): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2018
Well I don't see anything wrong in what the bishop has said, he only requested that the Presidency reacts to such heavy alligations, you don't remain silent on issues like that be it true or lie.

Instead it took the President to travel to Poland to respond, that doesn't seem like a responsible act. And why does PMB always respond to sensitive National issues abroad, it goes to show that something's are not OK, but we are watching to see how far this goes.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by Henry22(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2018
Where is my uncle NNAMDI KANU? come and see how u are putting fire and confusion in thier camp o grin grin
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by helinues: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2018
princfred:
Sharap there my friend. The GO is a citizen who has the right to urge the president to clarify an all important issue. You never arrest FH carrying out hate crimes all over na somebody echoing the mind of millions. If Christians leaders can't call politicians to order for good of the country, who will? That's how you guys encourage mundane orientation which messed up the country.

You do not have to abuse me before passing your message.. Are you Oyedepo's pa?

Clarification is different from assertion. Did you watch the video?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by truthstands20: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2018
Is it not a matter of integrity for someone to clear the air and provide series of evidence to prove his accusers wrong. Moreover, I've not seen anything wrong in the speech of Bishop Oyedepo. He only asked the president to address the nation over the matter. What's wrong is in this speech? Pls tell me. Let's not always resort to insulting clerics. If someone accuses me of anything, it is my duty to prove the person wrong by providing evidences. Let the president do so. I'm not saying the accusation is right or wrong but keeping quite is not good.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by princfred(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2018
dermmy:

Always use your head, constructive criticism is good for a polity. There is nothing constructive about what oyedepo has said. This is verbal expression of hatred and this shouldn't be coming from a man of GOD but this is a democracy and we are allowed to say whatever we like but if you claim to be a man of God you have to be careful of what you say.

Col 4:6 Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer each one.

Eph 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

Jesus rebuked when it was necessary yet loved.... Go read that part of Bible wey remain for you to read.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by ashjay001(m): 8:53am On Dec 04, 2018
baba4dgirls:

Well, if you or your Imam are as intelligent as he is, then we would have less terrorists to deal with.

You muslims should focus on the terrorists you keep churning out anddrawing the country backward and leave the church out of your misery.

You BMC lots are so annoying. You are down talking a man because he asked the presidency to respond to an article?

The pastor is a Nigerian with the right to ask for response from a government. Trump wouldnt wait a day before giving a well detailed response to such issues.

The way you Muslims like to downtalk Christans but can take half of it, is annoying.

If this happened to Goodluck or any Christan, ai know you lots will even be protesting. If you have proof that he siphoned money why don't you bring it out. 30 naira brats everywhere.

All these grammar, because a pastorpreneur goofed over a satire?

Do u, urself, get satire All these half-baked graduates shasad
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:
Oyedepo goofed.

That's simply an hate speech and if FG should order for his arrest now. Some people will be shouting

I never really cared about this Oyedepo man but I never thought he could go overboard with his hate for President Buhari.

It is really so shameful for a man of his social status.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by princfred(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:

You do not have to abuse me before passing your message.. Are you Oyedepo's pa?

Clarification is different from assertion. Did you watch the video?
Ok apologies for the insult.

The man has a point in what he said if you are in tone with modern world. Why beat down a man for raising valid point just because it doesnt concur with yours instead of clarifying it? Should citizens no longer be interested in who ever is ruling them?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by helinues: 9:00am On Dec 04, 2018
princfred:
Ok apologies for the insult.

The man has a point in what he said if you are in tone with modern world.

Apology accepted bro.

With his position, he shouldn't have said such kind of a thing.

And let me also ask you, do you believe in the cloning/swapping story?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by baba4dgirls: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2018
smalls001:

The composition of your sentences show that you are possibly an unintelligent and/or uneducated person. Yes there is freedom of speech but this pastor highly respected by many chooses to use his church audience to propagate hate speech and false / unverified messages. Thats more like betrayal of trust or abuse of office. He should be ashamed more so all the so called saints present there that cheered. Shame on you too for your unintelligent comment earlier.
I'm more educated and intelligent than you are or will ever be.
I'm not been paid to write, its my opinion.

You obviously do have a low mentality not being able to decode that the pastor is only asking the FG to respond to the said article.

You guys keep attacking with different accounts.
Pathetic Bmc Zombies.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by lordess(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2018
rexwalters:
How do you expect President Buhari to change you hypocrite religious bigots of Nigeria that are stuck in their Evil ways?Always pretending to call God but actually prefer babalawos and rituals. Even Moses couldn't change those corrupt minded jews that wanted to go back to Egypt.

You jobless brain dead people, be waiting for President Buhari to come and address you.

You see, this is the thing i don't like at all.

Respect yourself.

Thanks.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by princfred(m): 9:06am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:

Apology accepted bro.

With his position, he shouldn't have said such kind of a thing.
What are you even saying? His position is exactly the reason why he should speak out. Abi your voice dey louder than his? Or he should just be a mere mannequin with his position?

If people whom God has placed in high place socially look the other how will things get better? Position is not just for big name but for big responsibility you know.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by baba4dgirls: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2018
ashjay001:

All these grammar, because a pastorpreneur goofed over a satire?

Do u, urself, get satire All these half-baked graduates shasad
The fact that most of you are mentioning me, means my message has been passed.

My dear, I'm more educated and intelligent that you are. I have read through your posts. cheesy

Terrorists everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by helinues: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2018
princfred:
What are you even saying? His position is exactly the reason why he should speak out. Abi your voice dey louder than his? Or he should just be a mere mannequin with his position?

If people whom God has placed in high place socially look the other how will things get better? Position is not just for big but big responsibility you know.

So why did people blame Mbaka few days ago. Clergy men are not in the best position to say such kind of a thing. Their members are of different political party. He has a role to play as a unifier .
Politics apart
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by lordess(m): 9:08am On Dec 04, 2018
gare:
Well I don't see anything wrong in what the bishop has said, he only requested that the Presidency reacts to such heavy alligations, you don't remain silent on issues like that be it true or lie.

Instead it took the President to travel to Poland to respond, that doesn't seem like a responsible act. And why does PMB always respond to sensitive National issues abroad, it goes to show that something's are not OK, but we are watching to see how far this goes.

same thing i commented here o... and i was called "brain dead", and
i am wondering... how do people read and process simple information?

mitchewww...

Thank you for your kind comment ja re.

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by ushafe(m): 9:09am On Dec 04, 2018
[quote author=AroleOduduwa post=73533387]Oyedepo has every right to ask Buhari/ the imposter to address the nation, as a matter of fact he’s being diplomatic. You don’t need the Holy Spirit to the tell you the man in Aso Rock is not Buhari. [/quote

I wonder oh , the view of peoples on this issue

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by OrnamentOne: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2018
I wonder why you guys are asking why he didn't see it was a satire.

Looks like you guys don't know that na for inside joke matter na im truth for dey come out. The writer of the said article in Tinubu's newspaper isn't being blamed if really he lied and aggravated things jokingly. He should have known that's an expensive joke, except of course, he feels there's some element of truth to it, hence the only way he could talk about this, or bring it to light was to infuse it into a satire.

This being said, Oyedepo only asked for evidence clarifications from the real President or Presidency. The rumors should be addressed at source. Show doubters what they have asked to see, or else, the rumor will keep being alive. Address the message rather than the messenger.

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by obayendo1010(m): 9:12am On Dec 04, 2018
why are nigerian this dumb?
his is right to demand an explanation from the president
how does that make him less spiritual?
please if any of you dont have anything to say pls kindly shut up
and stop pushing religion in place of constitutions
let the president explain, show DNA samples is neccessary to prevent being used my selected few
the problem with us we act as if we know but we know nothing
this exactly the same thing gov Ibori and co was doing with late President Yaradua.

2 Likes

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by ushafe(m): 9:12am On Dec 04, 2018
opribo:
Oyedepo is spot on, real men of God should be fearless. He said if Bubu is indeed who he is he should address the nation on the very grievous allegation on him being a double.

What on earth is wrong with that. Bubu and his men should prove the celebrated allegations as false. All these verbal counter attacks is not the answer. I wont be surprised to hear Winners Chirch will be subject of vicious attacks but that will be their waterloo.

Discernible people are seeing beneath the smokescreen and they are talking. Nobody can hold back the truth, it can only be covered for awhile. All we are saying is there is something about this bubu that is not adding up but in the fullness of time all will come to light.
Very very simple thing to do , the time in campaigning for 2019 pls use the same time to clear this issues

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by Henry22(m): 9:13am On Dec 04, 2018
But I don't see anything wrong in what d god of men said, at least he had the guts to speak out when others in his position have now turned ASO ROCK to their mountain were they go to pray.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by princfred(m): 9:19am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:

So why did people blame Mbaka few days ago. Clergy men are not in the best position to say such kind of a thing. Their members are of different political party. He has a role to play as a unifier .
Politics apart
See oo. Mbaka's case was quite different to this. His was about coercively soliciting for money and threatening to curse Obi when he(Obi) wasn't playing into his hands. How does that even relate to what we are talking about now? If I call you low IQ now based on this kind of clutching at straws (and I won't) you go vex pass me. Please if this is how you reason matters lets just agree to disagree to avoid unnecessary verbal maneuvers and cross fire. Bye.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by CoolAmbience(m): 9:20am On Dec 04, 2018
lovesamzy:
The Bishop called for immediate reaction to this Jubrin of Sudan matter... That the family of Jubrin storm state house and demanded 50% Nigeria earning for 10 years... Please it is a matter of urgency... We called on presidency to debunk the rumors an not to come and attacked the Bishop...

Moreover I am hear to see any Nigeria newspaper to report the matter... What is happening to our media...

Oyedepo should provide proof for the rumour he is using his pulpit to propagate...Bishop ko, Pope ni.

To think that a man who leads millions of worshippers could believe the fake news of a 'double Buhari' is really disappointing.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by helinues: 9:22am On Dec 04, 2018
princfred:
See oo. Mbaka's case was quite different to this. His was about coercively soliciting for money and threatening to curse Obi when he wasn't playing into his hands. How does that even relate to what we are talking about now? If I call you low IQ now based on this kind of clutching at straws (and I won't) you go vex pass me. Please if this is how you reason matters lets just agree to disagree to avoid unnecessary verbal maneuvers. Bye.

If you say someone is stingy, it simply means you are also a thief. Call me whatever, I am more matured to engage in a abusive conversation.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

Peace!!
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by dipoowo(m): 9:23am On Dec 04, 2018
helinues:
Oyedepo goofed.

My response to Mbaka, if you say someone is stingy, you are also a thief.

But Nigerians are funny sha

People who condemned Mbaka's statements are the same people supporting Oyedepo's statement

Meanwhile, those who applaused Mbaka are the one condemning this.

Double face people everywhere.

He is one of the only Christian Clergy that speaks against Christian oppression and Killing by Buhari/Jubril.
And be careful so that you do not impose a curse on yourself and your generations yet unborn.
Find out about Moses and Kora in the Bible and be wise.

Only Christians speak ill of their leaders.

Watch this from an expert-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNpBlPPXO24

How come the that PMB suddenly look shorter?
Aisha mentioned something similar in the past too.

Let Buhari or Jubril Al-Sudani prove he is the authentic.
Period.

1 Like

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Reacts As Bishop Oyedepo Speaks On ‘Dead’ Buhari by Sarah20A(f): 9:23am On Dec 04, 2018
I don't understand ooo undecidedNigerians which way undecidedso because this man is a pastor his view towards this everyday drama in government house should be tagged as hate speech.in fact buhari and atiku supporters are the most unreasonable people have ever seen embarassedwhy do Nigerians hate truth so much embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nalado Sandamu 'Commander' Dies! Buhari’s Housekeeper Is Dead / Journalists Waiting For Diezani In Front Of UK Police Station (Photos) / Risikat Ajoke Adegeye Is Dead (King Sunny Ade's Wife Dies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.