Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,943 members, 7,956,562 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins (32655 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Resting During An Operation In The North. Photo / Aba: A City In Ruins / Tafawa Balewa's Lagos Office In Ruins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 31, 2010
MaziUche0:

Let me get this right, any Igbo that turns his back on his own people is a hero to Nigerians, but any Igbo that focuses on his region is vilified?  

Yet, when a non-Yoruba criticizes Awolowo as a tribal chieftain, Yorubas will attack that person viciously. I smell hypocrisy.

Are you purposely trying to start fire? What led you to your assumptions?

And must a man to something for his tribe to be crowned a hero?  

dayokanu:

They probably do that to spite Yorubas knowing how much people in the SW hate OBJ.

In 1998 when OBJ came to OAU, Students went there to harras him and it took security details to bail him out

Thats the kind of love he gets
shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

What exactly did obj do to warrant this hate sef? Apart from the Halliburton corruption.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 12:14am On Jul 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

What exactly did obj do to warrant this hate sef? Apart from the Harlington corruption.

Harlington or Halliburton. . . . ? Come on Ileke idi, that was a big case out here. . . .
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 12:15am On Jul 31, 2010
@dayokanu, on the issue of obj you are right, of all the YORUBA sons we have, obj came last when it comes to being useful to his people
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 31, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Harlington or Halliburton. . . . ? Come on Ileke idi, that was a big case out here. . . .
Yea, thanks for the correction.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin

What exactly did obj do to warrant this hate sef? Apart from the Harlington corruption.

to me,i think some yoruba actually thought he ought to have done much for the south west but i dislike him for not using the opportunity he had to turn things around although circumstances didnt allow him.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by MaziUche0(m): 12:17am On Jul 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Why should I start a fire, when I can roast my meat on the fire that was already created?

It is not an assumption it is a fact. The same way your people give praise to Awolowo, is the same way we give praise to our dear leader Ojukwu.

Zik turned his back on the tribe in order to gain power. He gave up on our dream of Biafra and so we gave up on him.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Eziachi: 12:18am On Jul 31, 2010
sjeezy8:

lol he was old enough to be head of the east what did he do instead of thinking of "betta tins" the first chance he got at any power he went into civil war.

I think you should rather think of his age at the time and your own very age now and then ask yourself some personal questions, then come back and lets talk about it again.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by OgidiBoy(m): 12:23am On Jul 31, 2010
This is why nothing productive can never happen in Nigeria, the article was about the condition of Zik's compound and not no comparison between Zik,
Awolowo or Ojukwu. I wish sometimes some ppl on NL would stay out of Igbo issues.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 12:23am On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

to me,i think some yoruba actually thought he ought to have done much for the south west but i dislike him for not using the opportunity he had to turn things around although circumstances didnt allow him.

The hatred for OBJ started when he went against june 12 and suggested the interim govt as a way out of the political impasse in 1993. As far as OBJ is concerned, he wants to be the only relevant Yoruba man.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Understandable. But shouldnt a hero be one whose actions are impartial? One who tries to correct things ?

I believe that Nigeria and Nigerians does not know anything about heroism.

MaziUche0:

Why should I start a fire, when I can roast my meat on the fire that was already created?

It is not an assumption it is a fact. The same way your people give praise to Awolowo, is the same way we give praise to our dear leader Ojukwu.

Zik turned his back on the tribe in order to gain power. He gave up on our dream of Biafra and so we gave up on him.

I'm asking you about this:

MaziUche0:

Let me get this right, any Igbo that turns his back on his own people is a hero to Nigerians, but any Igbo that focuses on his region is vilified?  

Yet, when a non-Yoruba criticizes Awolowo as a tribal chieftain, Yorubas will attack that person viciously. I smell hypocrisy.

I doubt they see him as a hero because he "turned his back on Igbo people". But more of what he did with his power as a Nigerian. Because no one on this thread has specifically confirmed your "assumption".
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 31, 2010
MaziUche0:

I'm sorry for the ibo tribe if their so-called future generation can have so much hatred for their fellow tribes man.why should i now blame an ibo man that dislike Awolowo when he prolly hates his own.na wo
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by dayokanu(m): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

The hatred for OBJ started when he went against june 12 and suggested the interim govt as a way out of the political impasse in 1993. As far as OBJ is concerned, he wants to be the only relevant Yoruba man.

Before June 12. OBJ was a well hated man in the SW wwaaayyyy before that.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by bkbabe97y(m): 12:27am On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

I'm sorry for the ibo tribe if their so-called future generation can have so much hatred for their fellow tribes man.why should i now blame an ibo man that dislike Awolowo when he prolly hates his own.na wo

Even Ojukwu hated Nnamdi Azikiwe, so wut the hell u talking bout, Willis?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

his actions has always about himself making the differnce in the name of yrouba. . . See the way he's giving the north serious problem ahead of next year election.have you imagine yet a nigeria without obj ?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:37am On Jul 31, 2010
MaziUche0:

no Yorubas like Awo because he was a visionary and actually has concrete impacts- What concrete impacts does Ojukwu have beside starting a civil war?

bk.babe97y:

Even Ojukwu hated Nnamdi Azikiwe, so wut the hell u talking bout, Willis?
lol
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by AndreUweh(m): 12:37am On Jul 31, 2010
At first OBJ was in support of MKO. According to him, he was even dancing as the results of June 12 elections were being counted. I think, shortly after that, MKO did something that angered OBJ.
Anyway, it's an Egba issue. What one Egba lost, another Egba gained.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:40am On Jul 31, 2010
Andre Uweh:

At first OBJ was in support of MKO. According to him, he was even dancing as the results of June 12 elections were being counted. I think, shortly after that, MKO did something that angered OBJ.

small brain- its not about egba loss and another egba gain- its about Who won fair and square.

Obj is hater and wants to be the bigman in the West or Nigeria for that matter by all means-
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 12:40am On Jul 31, 2010
dayokanu:

Before June 12. OBJ was a well hated man in the SW wwaaayyyy before that.

You are right, many yoruba's hold him responsible for assisting NPN to rig the the 79 elections. The hatred increased after June 12.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:41am On Jul 31, 2010
Understandable. But shouldnt a hero be one whose actions are impartial? One who tries to correct things ?

I believe that Nigeria and Nigerians does not know anything about heroism.

i dont think so cuz they are all politicians who at one time or the other do things to their interest.so no qualms undecided
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 12:42am On Jul 31, 2010
Andre Uweh:

You are partly right. He said that MKO did not discuss strategy with him and then MKO reminded him that he was OBJ's senior at Abeokuta Baptist boys.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:45am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are right, many yoruba's hold him responsible for assisting NPN to rig the the 79 elections. The hatred increased after June 12.

If westerners hate Obj why dont they go and assassinate him? you people betta face the facts in anything yoruba nation does there will be two sides.

Eziachi:

I think you should rather think of his age at the time and your own very age now and then ask yourself some personal questions, then come back and lets talk about it again.

lol the question is to hard you to answer abi? no be your fault. you were just a small pikin back then were you a child soldier?
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

You are partly right. He said that MKO did not discuss strategy with him and then MKO reminded him that he was OBJ's senior at Abeokuta Baptist boys.
knowing fully well that obj did not like to be challenged. . .
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by seanet02: 12:49am On Jul 31, 2010
80% of Every body here seems to knows that ibos does not like zik because he betrays them just because of a CEREMONIAL PRESIDENT while AWOLOWO prefers to develop his region instead of dying on a ceremonial presidency see why the NIGERIAN TRIBUNE IS STILL OPERATING IS BECAUSE AWOLOWO trained his children with good qualitative education while zik prefers his ambition to ibos education. Weed will soon outgrow his remains gbam!!!!!
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

Nigerian men and arrogance cool cool
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by babapupa: 12:51am On Jul 31, 2010
Eziachi:

Building Zik a worthwhile final place is not a big deal but this particular issue is all about principle. Nigerian govt made a big noise that they are building their hero such a place and then as usual abandoned it in the middle of the road.  Nobody deserves such a treatment. If you cannot fulfil a promise, why make it?

Secondly, Azikiwe is not childless, his son Chukwuma probably quite old now himself but still alive. They should do something, and then others will follow. I cannot see how the family will initiate such a scheme and someone like me will not put a hand in the pocket.  

Alison Madueke initiated the building of airport for Imo people without any help from of the federal government and then all Imo citizens and Igbo sons/daughters dolled out cash and built it.

It is all about initiative. The so-called rat infested or abandoned Dr Azikiwe’s mausoleum is an embarrassment to Nigeria and has nothing to do with the IGBO NATION.

This is really annoying and it beats me why you guys keep blaming everything under the sun on other people, it's like you guys have no sense of personal responsibility. And you wonder why the place looks s/hitt/y. Regional pride aside because I'm sure you don't want to hear it from a Yoruba man, it troubles me that Zik's resting place looks like crap. There's got to be something that you guys care about.

The folks in the picture below didn't wait or blame other people before honoring Awolowo. It's called sense of pride, belonging and worth.

http://happylagosian..com/2009/07/obafemi-awolowo-museum-epe-lagos.html
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 12:52am On Jul 31, 2010
~Bluetooth:

knowing fully well that obj did not like to be challenged. . .

OBJ did not like to be challenged yet he went into hiding while Danjuma was putting Dimka's coup down. OBJ is only good for strategy.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by AndreUweh(m): 12:54am On Jul 31, 2010
sjeezy8:

small brain- its not about egba loss and another egba gain- its about Who won fair and square.

Obj is hater and wants to be the bigman in the West or Nigeria for that matter by all means-

Quit being silly, it is not about who won fair and square, but it's about Azikiwe's final resting place mr Big brain.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

OBJ did not like to be challenged yet he went into hiding while Danjuma was putting Dimka's coup down. OBJ is only good for strategy.
baba is good at that. . .no doubt
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2010
Andre Uweh:

Quit being silly, it is not about who won fair and square, but it's about Azikiwe's final resting place mr Big brain.
Who be ZIk? lol

@ EVERYONE
stop blaming igbo people for Ziks resting place- Zik has children to take care of it- If they really cared
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Katsumoto: 12:56am On Jul 31, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Nigerian men and arrogance  cool cool

Thats not arrogance. MKO was president-elect; he was about to be cheated out of his position. Why should MKO go to OBJ? At that time, OBJ did not hold any aces. OBJ was the one who insinuated that MKO should have come to him as a Yoruba and Egba elder; so MKO had every right to remind him that they were not mates.  cheesy
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 31, 2010
babapupa:

This is really annoying and it beats me why you guys keep blaming everything under the sun on other people, it's like you guys have no sense of personal responsibility. And you wonder why the place looks s/hitt/y. Regional pride aside because I'm sure you don't want to hear it from a Yoruba man, it troubles me that Zik's resting place looks like crap. There's got to be something that you guys care about.

The folks in the picture below didn't wait or blame other people before honoring Awolowo. It's called sense of pride, belonging and worth.

Gbam!! Well-spoken.

But I think Eziachi is still waiting for an Igbo Messiah to drop dead first.
Re: Zik's Final Resting Place In Ruins by sjeezy8: 12:58am On Jul 31, 2010
Katsumoto:

Thats not arrogance. MKO was president-elect; he was about to be cheated out of his position. Why should MKO go to OBJ? At that time, OBJ did not hold any aces. OBJ was the one who insinuated that MKO should have come to him as a Yoruba and Egba elder; so MKO had every right to remind him that they were not mates.  cheesy

But what did Mko do to Awolowo- is it not d same thing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Photo Of Buhari Having A Hard Laugh / ‘Entire PDP Ward’ In Akwa Ibom Defects To APC / Buhari: Those Who Thought I Was Dead Begged Osinbajo To Make Them His VP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.