Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With (14654 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by bjboss(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
Then they are what? Mark ups language abi? ;-D Python is not too relevant to build a website with advanced features.As there are other alternatives(many) .
eh? dont say that again about python ,you hear..

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dicksonadams(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2018
dreezybines:

Are u whining or what?

Why will mention html and css as programming language...

Learn Python...

Are you sure you are a web developer? For a beginner in web development, html css is a good foundation...before learning any web development programming language

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 06, 2018
Java then c++
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Johnmattee(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2018
eph12:
Php or javascript, choose one
you can't substitute javascript for php, both serve different function js is used for creating dynamic webpages while php is a database language of which python can be a substitute.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by madridguy(m): 7:54am On Dec 06, 2018
Nice thread.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dreezybines: 7:55am On Dec 06, 2018
dicksonadams:

Are you sure you are a web developer? For a beginner in web development, html css is a good foundation...before learning any web development programming language

I edited my post already, to be precise on my point...
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by eph12(m): 7:56am On Dec 06, 2018
Johnmattee:

you can't substitute javascript for php, both serve different function js is used for creating dynamic webpages while php is a database language of which python can be a substitute.
Really? So you need php to use javascript in building applications?
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by dreezybines: 7:56am On Dec 06, 2018
tiwiex:

Why tou dey respond to the guy? He should have asked for advice instead of sounding ignorant.

No mind am...
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2018
Folks, HTML & CSS are not programming languages !! shocked shocked. Op, I will encourage you to start with Python or Ruby, these are very easy languages and fun to learn. Then if you are curious enough, you might wanna move up to C#. It's very difficult since it's a low-level (Machine) language but that will give you a solid foundation as a programmer. Then after that, you can move into more Object oriented programs like Java, C++ and JavaScript. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 06, 2018
python, after that, u go into c++

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by PotatoSalad(m): 8:02am On Dec 06, 2018
C#
I dont do easy

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by OlaStar11(m): 8:10am On Dec 06, 2018
Yes it's not but he made mention of website so what advice do you have for him order than HTML and CSS for start?
micodon:

HTML, CSS are not programming languages
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by 1759King: 8:12am On Dec 06, 2018
Php first - but the thing is that, if you become so good in Php, you will be reluctant to learn other languages.

I started from the very basic - Basics & Fortran.
Then V basic, C# & little of C++ before embracing Php for web development & Php Clie.

After Php, it took me a very long time to have an interest in improving on my Java, C++ and learning other languages

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by nNEOo(m): 8:22am On Dec 06, 2018
TEYA:
Lalasticlala only moved this to front page because posters were saying python, python repeatedly. Lala and snakes! That guy will never change.

4 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 06, 2018
Betting217:
[left][/left]

If you have odds to make you a millionaire, they why asking for peanuts?
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by bluefilm: 8:26am On Dec 06, 2018
micodon:

HTML, CSS are not programming languages

What else do you expect from a bunch of charlatans? grin

OP, to build websites from scratch, you'll need to master html and css.

That's just for the design aspect of building websites.

To add some programming to your websites, that is to make web applications, you'll need to master some javascript and php for a start...
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by MrWondah(m): 8:27am On Dec 06, 2018
HTML is not a programming language, yes. CSS is not also a programming language, viola.
Here is my verdict...
Since you want to learn web development, start with those. Especially if you are coming from a none programming or computer science field.
Afterwards, focus on JavaScript, very important. As a developer you can earn a decent living and can do virtually anything oon the web with js.

Then proceed to any server side scripting language. You can use virtually any of the mordern programming language for server side.

For me, start with php, bcs it is easier to understand. Especially if you understand tthe basic concepts of programming in JavaScript.

Alternately you can go for Python, Java, etc. But choose one and focus your attention

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by silento(m): 8:33am On Dec 06, 2018
It is true that HTML CSS and JavaScript
Are not programming language but
HTML and CSS should be the first thing to learn

After move to python or php I will advise you to go for php after return to JavaScript
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
Then they are what? Mark ups language abi? ;-D Python is not too relevant to build a website with advanced features.As there are other alternatives(many) .
Youtube uses Python
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 06, 2018
LotusFan:
Personally I prefer Python, just because practically anyone can read it. The syntax it very straightforward you just have to train yourself to grasp the logic. Some people find the auto indentation to be annoying but it’s actually something I like about it. Read The Zen of Python smiley

JavaScript is another good one, if you don’t min dealing with npm and unlimited curly braces .
Twale Mama

I never knew you could be this good. Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Donphykson: 9:01am On Dec 06, 2018
What are u even saying..html and css are not programming language,just for web structuring and styling..and javascript is a scripting language i.e it work well with an interpreter like the browser..
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by vioment: 9:02am On Dec 06, 2018
Face it and go for c++ or java. No time. Its a lot to learn in these two anyway or either one.

8 hours everyday for 6 months. Lots of practice. Don't forget to go outside for a walk and fresh air, eat, and have fun.

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by vezycash(m): 9:02am On Dec 06, 2018
Most answers here are correct to an extent. Here's my one naira opinion.

It's pointless to ask if a nail is better than a saw or a plier because they are tools for different jobs.

So IMO - before prescribing a best language for learning, I'd ask - "What do you want to do?"

Do you want to make games, develop websites, write mobile apps, desktop software... or break into websites?

If you know, picking the right language for the job will be a piece of cake.

If you don't know, just start with any language cos it doesn't really matter. The main principles such as functions, variables, input, output, loops... apply across all programming languages.

Note: Language choice isn't a big deal. If the first one you choose doesn't meld with you, pick something else.

Good luck.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Akabuking: 9:07am On Dec 06, 2018
Ask those that are living in south east, python is sweeter

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Gokoyer0(m): 9:08am On Dec 06, 2018
Wanna be a Data Analyst with a target of one year self-learning. Any suggestions from gurus in the house?
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by vezycash(m): 9:11am On Dec 06, 2018
Gokoyer0:
Wanna be a Data Analyst with a target of one year self-learning. Any suggestions from gurus in the house?

Python, R and plain old Excel. You can do YouTube or udemy courses. If you want to go the course route, contact me. Left my contact above.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 06, 2018
Where we go learn this html them from..w3schools??
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:19am On Dec 06, 2018
fnep2smooth:
HTML
CSS
Jscript

then PHP

if you are in abuja contact me for your private tutuor...... on Web design and graphic design.

call 07088719921 for Freelance on Website Design, Graphic Design and Motion Graphic.

Things You Will Learn

*HTML
*CSS
*JSCRIPT
*WORDPRESS
*BLOGGER
*JOOMLA
*Open Cart

Graphic Design
*Adobe PhotoShop cc
*Adobe After effect

At the end of the tutorial you will learn how to design any Website, Blog, ECommerce store and many more

You will also learn how to create Logo, Banner, Edit videos and Motion Picture .

Contact me on 07088719921 or call. Currently my whatsapp contact not available

Note: PRIVATE TUTOR ( I DON'T ISSUE CERTIFICATE JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU THE BASICS)

i will be traveling for xmas...... so i have from now till 20th......... 1 week tutor you will choose your time..... 4hours daily

follow my thread https://www.nairaland.com/4749216/contact-me-private-tutor-web

U HAVE ANY IN LAG?
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by IFNOTGOD(m): 9:27am On Dec 06, 2018
vezycash:
Most answers here are correct to an extent. Here's my one naira opinion.

It's pointless to ask if a nail is better than a saw or a plier because they are tools for different jobs.

So IMO - before prescribing a best language for learning, I'd ask - "What do you want to do?"

Do you want to make games, develop websites, write mobile apps, desktop software... or break into websites?

If you know, picking the right language for the job will be a piece of cake.

If you don't know, just start with any language cos it doesn't really matter. The main principles such as functions, variables, input, output, loops... apply across all programming languages.

Note: Language choice isn't a big deal. If the first one you choose doesn't meld with you, pick something else.

Contact me if you've decided on a language and need and are ready to fast track your learning. Mail me - My nairaland username @live.com

I'll give you the best programming video courses at giveaway prices. If data is an issue, don't worry. I have a few that you can gave you 6 hours of HD video programming tutorials with less than 100MB.

Good luck.

CONTACT
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by TinyHacker: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2018
See these ones saying HTML is not a programming language and thinking they have sense, then what is it? Yoruba language?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ATM Machine Programming Language. / Ogun State Traims 200 Trained In Python Programming Language / Updates From #ForLoopAbuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.