Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With (14658 Views)

What Programming Languages Do You Know? / What Programming Language Can I Use To Achieve This? / What Programming Language Is Used In Creating Viruses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by teepain: 9:32am On Dec 06, 2018
DonX001:
From the above, I'll probably learn HTML, CSS, and Python.

Learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript, AJAX, Bootstrap 4, Python and Django and you would have earned your title as a full stack web developer.

Infact, you can delve further Into machine learning, data science and others with your knowledge of Python.

I wish you the very best.

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by amanikondo: 9:35am On Dec 06, 2018
Nuclearact:
Lol, and the likes of quora, Reddit, YouTube were built with python. Python is one of the most fast growing language with top pay right now especially when it comes to data/financial analysis, AI and machine learning.

Your head dey there. I just watched another python videos just now on youtube. Python will fetch you six figure ($$$) if you know it well.

2 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by eliash11: 9:39am On Dec 06, 2018
Nuclearact:
Lol, and the likes of quora, Reddit, YouTube were built with python. Python is one of the most fast growing language with top pay right now especially when it comes to data/financial analysis, AI and machine learning.
why talk to the newbie

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Unlimited22: 9:41am On Dec 06, 2018
TEYA:
Lalasticlala only moved this to front page because posters were saying python, python repeatedly. Lala and snakes! That guy will never change.
This guy don off me grin

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 06, 2018
TOSIN116:
HTML! of course! then css javascript php mySQL python(not too relevant though...) .
My dear you sound so ignorant which is not an advantage for a programmer. it seems you don't mingle with other programmers.
I only started python just around April but what I have been able to use it to achieve I don't think other programming languages could provide you with that kind of learning curve. I will only advice you to try Django and understand the potential of python for web development.

4 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by spoilerx: 9:53am On Dec 06, 2018
Python
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by vezycash(m): 9:54am On Dec 06, 2018
Programming's awesome
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 06, 2018
Start with HTML, CSS (not programming language but this is exactly what you need to learn for web development), then for more fancy functions to make your website look appealing javascript, sever / client side development you need to learn php and some sql. Don't mind those shouting python! As If they use it angry when they see one now they will run!

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 06, 2018
Why I will always go for python is that it is a general purpose language and it has a very large community.unlike other languages that are only pronounced in one aspect of development, python is leading in most part. let me shed more light: PHP was made to serve for backend of a website so you can say PHP is leading in backend. Javascript is leading in front-end. java and kotlin are leading in android app development while swift is leading in iPhone app development. c# for game development and desktop development.
But python is an indisputable champion in data sciences, Artificial intelligence and scripting. And it comes second for backend web development, desktop app etc. So python is a general purpose language and the best.

4 Likes

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Rubbiish(m): 10:01am On Dec 06, 2018
computergeek:
Since it's websites you want to build from scratch, then your area is web development.

Go for HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, PHP and MySQL, in that order.

The first two are for front-end web development and the last two are for back-end.

All these ones saying Python for web development, don't you know it will be too ambiguous to say that to a beginner? Python is too vast and multi-faceted for him to just dive into web dev from there. All of Una dey use una brain abeg.
Can one design and upload a complete website using only HTML with notepad? thanks
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 06, 2018
TinyHacker:
See these ones saying HTML is not a programming language and thinking they have sense, then what is it? Yoruba language?
If you're going to say that HTML is a programming language, then you might as well include things such as word documents, as they too are based on ML, or 'Markup Language'. So, no, HTML is a not a programming language. It is called "markup" for that reason.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Awoleesu(m): 10:12am On Dec 06, 2018
I strongly recommend VB. 6
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by aleeyus(m): 10:18am On Dec 06, 2018
TinyHacker:
See these ones saying HTML is not a programming language and thinking they have sense, then what is it? Yoruba language?
HTML is a Markup Language, anything markup could be the process or result of correcting text in preparation for printing. In It world
A markup language is a language which is used to represent structured data.
In another word, a markup language is used to control the presentation of data, like "represent these usernames as a bullet list or as a table".
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Ozkar: 10:35am On Dec 06, 2018
Python is very easy to get started with, and with the Django framework, you can easy build applications from scratch.

I'd recommend you learn Javascript first though, as every full-stack developer has to know some javascript. Plus you can even develop server-side applications in Nodejs (a javascript runtime).
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Ozkar: 10:40am On Dec 06, 2018
PaulSimon2020:
Folks, HTML & CSS are not programming languages !! shocked shocked. Op, I will encourage you to start with Python or Ruby, these are very easy languages and fun to learn. Then if you are curious enough, you might wanna move up to C#. It's very difficult since it's a low-level (Machine) language but that will give you a solid foundation as a programmer. Then after that, you can move into more Object oriented programs like Java, C++ and JavaScript. Hope that helps!
nice. I wouldn't encourage anyone to get started with ruby though. Plus JavaScript isn't a pure Object-oriented language .
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by SmartyPants(m): 10:41am On Dec 06, 2018
micodon:

HTML, CSS are not programming languages

Yes, but in terms of what th eOP asked, those are the right answers. When talking to a newbie you must sometimes dispense with the jargon.

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by smyo(m): 11:00am On Dec 06, 2018
Mr Man go with C sharp, ASP.Net

1 Like

Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by TinyHacker: 11:07am On Dec 06, 2018
aleeyus:

HTML is a Markup Language, anything markup could be the process or result of correcting text in preparation for printing. In It world
A markup language is a language which is used to represent structured data.
In another word, a markup language is used to control the presentation of data, like "represent these usernames as a bullet list or as a table".
You're right but it's as essential as anything else if you go for webbased development
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by XwhY(m): 11:26am On Dec 06, 2018
I'm actually like the OP trying to go into programming. I just finished learning the HTML and CSS through YouTube videos and it's been very interesting.
Now I'm looking forward to learning JavaScript. I guess I'm on the right track on this according to what Ive been seeing on this post.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
Ozkar:
nice. I wouldn't encourage anyone to get started with ruby though. Plus JavaScript isn't a pure Object-oriented language .
Yeah, I agree with you on Ruby but just for him to play around with it, that won't hurt smiley. Of course, JavaScript is not considered pure OOP because of it's inability of abstraction, but hey since it supports encapsulation, polymorphism and inheritance, who cares much about abstraction anyways smiley smiley
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 06, 2018
Python... from research it’s the most accepted.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by tohshine(m): 12:29pm On Dec 06, 2018
I will advice you to start with php it will give you the flavor on how programming works
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by ikorodureporta: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oloripelebe:
Python grin
Lala cheesy cheesy
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by OHIsIManuEL(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2018
XwhY:
I'm actually like the OP trying to go into programming. I just finished learning the HTML and CSS through YouTube videos and it's been very interesting.
Now I'm looking forward to learning JavaScript. I guess I'm on the right track on this according to what Ive been seeing on this post.
Do you have a specific youtube channel you used?
kindly share
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
Rubbiish:

Can one design and upload a complete website using only HTML with notepad? thanks
Lol. No. It has to be uploaded to a host server. Html alone can't do that.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by Rubbiish(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
computergeek:
Lol. No. It has to be uploaded to a host server. Html alone can't do that.
I didn't present my question properly sir
I wanted to know if a complete website can be designed using html with notepad alone, without involving css, java and the rest.
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by duwdu: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2018
TEYA:
Lalasticlala only moved this to front page because posters were saying python, python repeatedly. Lala and snakes! That guy will never change.

gringringrin

You funny die.

P34c3
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by flex04(m): 3:32pm On Dec 06, 2018
micodon:

HTML, CSS are not programming languages. And how on earth is python "not too relevant"?

For OP Fr now
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by flex04(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Nuclearact:

Nuclear bomb or what do dey call you, according to the newbie A.K.A OP he want to start programming, web design to be specific and to lure him into the world, we recommend something very cheap just to give his brain that mindset that it an easy world. Fine python is cool but a wise man once said "to learn programming do not try to understand all but learn the related once one after the other "

Quote me well if at all you want to, just saying ma take
Re: What's Programming Lauguage Do You Think Is Best To Start With by GreatAchiever1: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2018
XwhY:

Same here bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ATM Machine Programming Language. / Ogun State Traims 200 Trained In Python Programming Language / Updates From #ForLoopAbuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.