Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,109 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele (30833 Views)

The President Of CONMEBOL Honors Lionel Messi With The ‘Baton Of Football’ / Juventus May Explore Possibility Of Pairing Messi With Ronaldo / Lionel Messi With His Wife And Sons In Cute Family Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Casemiro(m): 5:26pm On Dec 06, 2018
> it is well

pele the goat
choi shocked big momas garden
Natural home remedies
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by ajl: 5:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
A lot of thrash talk by those who only watch soccer on TV. Pele stands out because he was a complete player, and won three world cups, and one of these as the youngest player ever in the World cup. Yes, Mess I is a wizard on a soccer pitch but to be the all time greatest you have multiple qualities and world cup to show for it. I mean, look at Maradona during his time. He singlehandedly won the world cup for Argentina by inspiring his teammates. I can't even say Mess I is better than Maradona. Only those who saw Maradona live during his hay days would know this. Not by just watching couple of YouTube clips.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by ajl: 5:36pm On Dec 06, 2018
A lot of thrash talk by those who only watch soccer on TV. Pele stands out because he was a complete player, and won three world cups, and one of these as the youngest player ever in the World cup. Yes, Messi is a wizard on a soccer pitch but to be the all time greatest you must have multiple qualities and world cup to show for it. I mean, look at Maradona during his time. He singlehandedly won the world cup for Argentina by inspiring his teammates. I can't even say Messi is better than Maradona. Only those who saw Maradona live during his hay days would know this. Not by just watching couple of YouTube clips.

It was even more difficult then to be an attacker unlike now because then there weren't rules protecting attackers on the pitch. Now all you have to do to get the referees sympathy is to fall down without any opposing player touching you. Pele days as players were tougher and more demanding physically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by HenryInno1(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
juiceeyy:
i dont think pele made such a foolish comments,,do believe everything u read..
i was Thinking Of That Too....but i blive PeLe said Bcuz I've seen this News In Mirror.co.uk
And other sites

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Awoo88: 5:46pm On Dec 06, 2018
cr7lomo:

That is because cr7 fans are not as reckless and biased as messi fans
Messi fans are illogical and biased
How can you compare a player that wo n three world cups with someone that has spent his whole carrier in one thing called barcelona
Messi has only one trophies with one team
Let him at least win a trophy with argentina at least copa america
Ronaldo has won major trophies with every team he has ever played for including the euros with portugal
Pele, maradona, Beckham etc that agreed messi is best of this generation are reckless fans? Y u dey reason like buharideen dem
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2018
odizeey:
so Ali that hyped himself who was and is better than him
Klitchko and A.J. will make Ali have Parkinson's in the after-life
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by odizeey(m): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
Klitchko and A.J. will make Ali have Parkinson's in the after-life
guy go sleep. U get hangover no be only aj na jj

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Kennikeddo(m): 6:27pm On Dec 06, 2018
Bros, you better sharrap der, if messi had played in ur era when there was no call for offisides, he would have scored 2000 goals. Messi is the GOAT
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
Kennikeddo:
Bros, you better sharrap der, if messi had played in ur era when there was no call for offisides, he would have scored 2000 goals. Messi is the GOAT

Where did you get that nonsense about offside?
How old are you?

The offside rule is easier now for strikers(since 1990) than it was in Pele's time.
It is funny how people ignorantly cling on to a totally false idea and assert it with 100% conviction

There has allways been an offside rulle since the 1860s.
It changed in 1925
and again in 1990

between 1925 and 1990 the striker had to come from behind and OVERTAKE the defender .

Now he has to be LEVEL with the defender

That means that in Pele's time if you were LEVEL you were offside you had to be behind and OVERTAKE him

so which is easier

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 06, 2018
This mumu Pele is the biggest fraud in football history. Imagine this old mumu hyping himself. I have watched his best clips over and over and over again. Just be like sey I dey watch secondary school football. Even as a die-hard Messi fan, I cannot have a team and see cr7 down and pick Pele, which kind poisonous weed I smoke. Tarrr. Maradona is the only one I really really doff my hat for from the old generation even him self use cocaine and the thing is still affecting his brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Mac2016(m): 7:30pm On Dec 06, 2018
So when has versatility gets defined with the number of items u can use to score goals
Messi better pass both Maradona and Pele. Have seen many of their documentaries unless they were improperly documented.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by katrinaborn: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
I can bet that all those saying Messi is better than Pele NEVER knew what football was in Pele's time. It's like saying so-called afrobeat musicians of nowadays are better than Fela!
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
This mumu Pele is the biggest fraud in football history. Imagine this old mumu hyping himself. I have watched his best clips over and over and over again. Just be like sey I dey watch secondary school football. Even as a die-hard Messi fan, I cannot have a team and see cr7 down and pick Pele, which kind poisonous weed I smoke. Tarrr. Maradona is the only one I really really doff my hat for from the old generation even him self use cocaine and the thing is still affecting his brain.
Say that to Alex Ferguson who believes Pele is the greatest.
Pele played in an era of SEVERAL greats,not one
George Best
Eusebio
Johan Cruyff
Garincha
Jairzinho
Pushka
Di Stefano

we're his elders but great players too.
Looking at clips is no judge because clips from that time are of poor quality with fewer angles but People like Alex Ferguson is in a good position to make a judgement.
He is the same age as Pele so he would know
We are talking about a time when there was no rule against back pass to goal keeper or tackle from behind,if you and the last defender were on the same line then you were offside.

The World Cup is the ultimate stage in Football.
To be a great you must excel there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by MetroBoomin: 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2018
Cedarwealth:
I have seen the video clips of these top legends, Messi would have outclassed all of them even in their time. That is the problem Ronaldo has, if he had played in a different time than Messi, he would comfortably sit on the top tier with the legends. But for Messi that is causing people to overlook some of the great things he has been doing. Messi is the god of soccer, and i bet you someday the champions league will be renamed after him, "LIONEL MESSI LEAGUE OF CHAMPIONS".
Champions league will be renamed after who ? Sentiments apart,Ronaldo outshines Messi in the champions league,total champions league goals, first player to reach 100 champions league goals for a single club etc, lastly Ronaldo has won More Champions league title than Barcelona as a club which Messi plays, just leave Messi out of champions league,talk bout him only in local la Liga.

1 Like

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Raydos: 7:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Topmaike007:
oga during his time there was nothing like best player award and if it exist during the time he carried that world cup he would've have almost 10 balon d or to his name... Messi is great,but pele is the greatest

But do you know that during Pele's era, there were no rules in football, No offsides

I'm very sure if Pele was playing now, half of his goals will be offside

And Messi and Ronaldo could have scored over 2000 goals each if they were playing football in Pele 's days
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2018
Raydos:

But do you know that during Pele's era, there were no rules in football, No offsides

I'm very sure if Pele was playing now, half of his goals will be offside

And Messi and Ronaldo could have scored over 2000 goals each if they were playing football in Pele 's days
But this is a stupid lie
There was an offside rule
Why lie foolishly
The offside rule changed in 1990 and 1925 and came into existence in the 1860s.
The change in 1990 was to make it easier to score just before the 1994 world cup in the USA as a way of making it more appealing to Americans
The offside rule today means Life is easier for strikers
In 1992 the no back pass rule came about after the embarrassment of the Danish display against Germany in the European cup. I posted that video on this thread.
All these kids who know nothing about football but think they know everything
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by odizeey(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2018
0monnak0da:

But this is a stupid lie
There was an offside rule
Why lie foolishly
The offside rule changed in 1990 and 1925 and came into existence in the 1860s.
The change in 1990 was to make it easier to score just before the 1994 world cup in the USA as a way of making it more appealing to Americans
The offside rule today means Life is easier for strikers
In 1992 the no back pass rule came about after the embarrassment of the Danish display against Germany in the European cup. I posted that video on this thread.
All these kids who know nothing about football but think they know everything
tell them
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Foodforthought: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
gurunlocker:

I know his height man! Was Pele a main team playmaker like Messi? What was his strong foot? What position does he play when he was playing?

Counter my points!

And you must be a Ronaldo fan, the self acclaimed best player of the last 20 years grin grin grin
Counter which point? Oga , in what way or area is Messi better than Pele. 1000 goals, 3 world cups...he was never a false 9 like Messi was early on in his career. Go and tell your GOAT to win the copa America first. Maradona single handedly carried arg to world cup win. Pele and Maradona are the greatest of all time. You can't compare Messi to this men,unless you're a typical barca fan. I never mentioned Rinaldo.
Even Cr7 has won euro with Portugal.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by gurunlocker: 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2018
Foodforthought:

Counter which point? Oga , in what way or area is Messi better than Pele. 1000 goals, 3 world cups...he was never a false 9 like Messi was early on in his career. Go and tell your GOAT to win the copa America first. Maradona single handedly carried arg to world cup win. Pele and Maradona are the greatest of all time. You can't compare Messi to this men,unless you're a typical barca fan. I never mentioned Rinaldo.
Even Cr7 has won euro with Portugal.

You know what's paining Pele? It's simply because Messi will soon break his record for goal for a single club very soon.

Messi also won something for Argentina (U World Cup and Olympic), if he has support from his mate and they don't leave him to do most work, he would have also won something with Argentina. You think it's a joke to Play in 4 finals? 3 consecutively?

Please don't mention Ronaldo, he didn't do shitt at Euro and remember they were even lucky to get there. Aside Euro, which other thing has he won with his country also?

Nobody is arguing that Pele didn't win 3 WC! But saying stuffs like this makes no sense.

3 Likes

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by vroy(m): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2018
gurunlocker:

Pele actually scored 727 goals or so if you remove those goals he scored in when he was in the Armed Forces which I think shouldn't count.
shouldn't count because they were not goals?
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 8:26pm On Dec 06, 2018
gurunlocker:

Pele actually scored 727 goals or so if you remove those goals he scored in when he was in the Armed Forces which I think shouldn't count.
Haha haha

He was in the Armed Forces?
Continue

Did he score when her was in NAFDAC?
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by gurunlocker: 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
0monnak0da:

Haha haha

He was in the Armed Forces?
Continue

Did he score when her was in NAFDAC?

Before you comment when you are not sure of something, just pick your phone and make findings.

I'm sure that's not hard. Ignorance being!!!
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by vroy(m): 8:28pm On Dec 06, 2018
[quote author=mezarddinny post=73603380]pele dey mad, he thinks the stupid defenders he faced are the same with the strong and powerful ones messi has faced. No defender of pele's time was as good as cahill, even though cahill is not good[/quote name a single defender Messi faced that can be compare to the rugged n intelligent beckenbeuer
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by 0monnak0da: 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2018
gurunlocker:

Before you comment when you are not sure of something, just pick your phone and make findings.

I'm sure that's not hard. Ignorance being!!!
No I am not ignorant
You are the one that is ignorant
Every football player scores goals of all kinds whether for Sunday school,street or his youth club
Everyone knows that.
Professional career goals are not the same as amateur goals
What is your point?
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by EduColombo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 06, 2018
yemaldo:
Messi don offend him village people grin

3 world Cup and over 1000 goals no b beans, pele's d greatest ever
Messi has also scored over 1000 career goals but the truth is that not all those goals are in competitive matches.
Pele didn't score up to 1000 competitive goals

2 Likes

Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by gurunlocker: 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2018
0monnak0da:

No I am not ignorant
You are the one that is ignorant
Every football player scores goals of all kinds whether for Sunday school,street or his youth club
Everyone knows that.
Professional career goals are not the same as amateur goals
What is your point?

You should have said this before quoting me earlier. You have no point when you questioned me about him being in Armed Force. Go read that!
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by STILESGANG: 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2018
Awoo88:
The fact that no body is mentioning Ronaldo in this conversation will tell anybody with sense that Messi is the highest any football player will go this generation. He is a reference. Just like Mayweather in boxing.
Mayweather ke!. Who considers a him a great boxer. Rich? Yes. Great boxer?far from it
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by STILESGANG: 9:10pm On Dec 06, 2018
Remii:
pele by far, he is the youngest man to have played in the final of world cup, the only man with 3 world cup medals. When he visited Nigeria in 1978 in the match btw Fluminense FC and Nigeria 11, that guy dribled everyone on the pitch, he took the ball from one end to the other and back without anyone been able to tackle him.

In 1967, the Nigerian Civil War had a 48-hour ceasefire to watch Pelé play an exhibition game in Lagos. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1608/is_2_22/ai_n16071178/

Maradona is great, no doubt, but man pass man, he did not win World cup 86 alone, infact in the final match, Buruchaga scored the winning goals.
Messi did not even do much in international football.
Maradona isbfar better than pele. Pele was never the best player in any of the world cup.Heck he was injured in one and brazil still ended up winning it. Only garrincha and maradona have singlehandedly won a world cup for their country.Enough of the pele hype. He was great but so are other players
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by STILESGANG: 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2018
cr7lomo:

Thank you very much
Messi is nothing but a barcelona legend
He will only be remembered by barca fans
He is no different from alfredo di stefano real madrid legend
Alfredo de stefano was also argentine but he never won anything with argentina
and that is why the argentines don't regard him
The argentines don't even regard messi because he has never won anything for them
And some barca fans here will say with their mouth that messi is the greatest of all time
What a joke
Ronaldo is is one of the most respected players in real madrid manchester united and the greatest portuguese player of all time
Most fans of manchester united real madrid and portugal see him as the greatest player of all time
Unlike mercy that only barcelona fans value
Ronaldo the greatest player?. Lol the delusion
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 06, 2018
odizeey:
guy go sleep. U get hangover no be only aj na jj
dey deceive yourself you think sey na by mouth. U nor dey see AJ body abi, Ali wey soft. Be like sey you nor sabi Anthony Joshua height. Just to give an idea, he's two inches taller than Ibrahimovic and has that build. Nor be by mouth abeg. Talk is cheap.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by odizeey(m): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
Oegbeyem1:
dey deceive yourself you think sey na by mouth. U nor dey see AJ body abi, Ali wey soft. Be like sey you nor sabi Anthony Joshua height. Just to give an idea, he's two inches taller than Ibrahimovic and has that build. Nor be by mouth abeg. Talk is cheap.
no be by who tall pass. No talk this thing for boxing fans side dem go beat you like thief. Ali is the greatest.
Re: You Can’t Compare Messi With Me, Says Pele by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2018
[quote author=vroy post=73614749][/quote] Philip Lahm, Canavaro. Dem plenty guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / Governor Udom Visits Super Eagles, Promises $10,000 Per Goal Against Cameroon / Luis Suarez Gets New Tattoo Of Goal Celebration (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.