Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? (11031 Views)

Open Letter To General Overseers And Church Leaders In Nigeria / Why Are All These General Overseers Bringing Their Kids Into Pastoring / Oversea Contacts For Pastors/general Overseers/outreaches(partnership) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 12, 2010
the protestants criminally removed seven books from the bible ?
No sir.

Yes they did,The first collection of scriptures called the bible had 73 books in it and not 66

And I never called the RCC evil just that they render very questionable histories to suit their purposes e.g. creating a lineage of popes from Peter and have committed acts that make their claims as THE church worthless.

The fact is conceded that some members of the RCC has done some things wrong in the opast,likewise the protestants and other religious sects.

Even in the bible,the jews that were called the chosen race comitted untold abominations.More than 80% of the kings of Isreal comitted atrocities with the exception of a few who found favour in God's sight like David,Hezekiah,Josiah.But that did not wipe out the fact that they were still the chosen race.

About the catholics creating a lineage of popes that dates back to st Peter,If you don't want to beleive that ,you can also disbeleive the bible,since the compilations and namings were done by the same "corrupt" source.

For instance St Ireneaus told us that only Four authentic gospels exist.The same Ireneaus told us that Peter was the first pope anf after him ,Linus,Anacletus and clement.If you don't want to beleive Ireneaus,you have to discredit every thing he has said ,including his views on the gospels.But for you to chose to beleive some portion of his writings only signifies hypocrisy.

The festival of the redidication of the temple or hanukkah was also described in these books.It is most noteworthy to state here that the jews who rejected the septuagint still celebrate this feast today.

I forgot to paste the links to the above remarks,here it is now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanukkah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_Maccabeus
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2010
You guys may want to read the book “Pagan Christianity” by Frank Viola and George Barna.
@ Chukwudi44,

"Professor macculloch is living now in the twentieth century,while the church fathes like Ignatius,tertullian,Ireneaus,Justin Matyr,Cyprian,Clement of alexendria,Clement of Rome,Ambrose,Augustine e.t.c lived in the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th centuries .Do you really think that Profesor MacCulloch would know better than this Men who actually lived and witnessed this events.
I really feel for you." - Chukwudi44

You are just an intellectual clown! You find it comfortable to quote an unreliable source of information ( Wikipedia) but think that a Professor of history is outdated when it comes to historical facts. Like I had rightly observed that you are a roman catholic bigot. I 'd liked you look into his work because he has covered historical facts about many subjects including evolution. Besides did you meet these church fathers or saw their original works?
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by TheClown: 12:53pm On Aug 23, 2010
@Belabela

Your knowledge is very scanty but you think its enough. You dwell on what you are told or made to believe and claim all sort of biased nonsenses. Wikipedia is only a readily accessible source containing these write ups and quotes. These write ups are still available, some in their original manuscripts in the Vatican library. They are also available in important libraries all over, if you care to find out. Quotes from these writings are also available in good encyclopedias like Brittanica and Americana.
That a man wrote a book in this century and named it 'Pagan Christianity' has no serious implication. I too can write a book and name in line with my opinion. At the end, it boils down to acceptance and objectivity.
Loosen up.
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2010
@ The clown,
You sound exactly like your name. I have read the book myself. It is actually titled "Pagan Christianity?" It is not a "normal book" but rather a thesis detailing how events unfolded in the history of Christianity with more than enough academic references. This one is not wikipedia written by Mr Nobody but a documentation of events. The authors asked to be challenged and it is interesting that Tyndale published it. Tyndale said all historical facts presented are accurate but they may not agree to all the conclusions made by the authors. That I find very reasonable because I also dont support all conclusions by the authors. But whether it did justice to Christian history and answer questions on why we do what we do in today's church? YES

For Anabaptist details you may also want to read the book The Secret of Strength: What would the Anabaptists Tell This Generation written by Peter Hoover (Shippnsburg, PA: Benchmark Press, 1998)

I think the problem of most contributors on this thread is that you only go to wikipedia for knowledge. Unfortunately I remeber my Professor in Uni told us that whenever his son who is in elementary school returns from an excursion he usually writes and post what he learnt on wikipedia. No where in the academia is wikipedia an acceptable source of credible information. That's why intellectuals would hardly reckon with Chkwudi44's claims and perhaps yours grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by segunjowo(m): 8:57am On Sep 13, 2010
Quote:
[sub]One thing though is spiritual representation. Pope is God's vessel on earth; d only Big Cahuna wit d balls to speak to God by-passing Jesus(so say's my catholic priest buddy) and overseers are just temple-priests wit a monster-size ego and a whole lot of expensive italian suits.

lol.
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 13, 2010
You are just an intellectual clown! You find it comfortable to quote an unreliable source of information ( Wikipedia) but think that a Professor of history is outdated when it comes to historical facts. Like I had rightly observed that you are a roman catholic bigot. I 'd liked you look into his work because he has covered historical facts about many subjects including evolution. Besides did you meet these church fathers or saw their original works?

First and foremost I am not a clown.Secondly wikipedia is not unreliable rather it is the most reliable online piece of information in the globe today,why? because anyone with facts can contest any information on it and edit it ,including your history professor.

The Professor in question never lived and witnessed this events,he only read books and came up with his own story.The church fahers in question,actually witnessed this events ,who between them do you think is more credible?

Besides did you meet these church fathers or saw their original works?

If we want to see original works then we will not be christians ine first place,since the original biblical scrolls have gone into extinction and we only have what these same church fathers passed down to us as scriptures

I think the problem of most contributors on this thread is that you only go to wikipedia for knowledge. Unfortunately I remeber my Professor in Uni told us that whenever his son who is in elementary school returns from an excursion he usually writes and post what he learnt on wikipedia. No where in the academia is wikipedia an acceptable source of credible information. That's why intellectuals would hardly reckon with Chkwudi44's claims and perhaps yours[/quote]

Ironically the greatest chrstian intellectuals in history have come fro the roman catholic fold,men like St thomas Aquinas,St Augustine of Hippo are the greatest christian theologians ever to have walked the face of the earth

Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 06, 2011
Re: What Is The Difference Between General Overseers And The Pope? by rolchi(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2011
GO are heads of their organization while the Pope is a Political Leader and head of Roman Catholicism!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enough Is Enough It Is Time To Engage Your Angels. / Did Reinhard Bonnke Actually Help Africans? *MUST READ!!!* / Is Grail Message A Cult Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.