Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,818 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? (8957 Views)

One big reason why married people cheat and how to avoid it. / Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Video: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? Nigerians Speak… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by tosintunj: 10:24pm On Apr 13, 2007
Hi Everyone, I 'd like us to pour out our opinion why we think people cheat on their partners
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by monshege: 10:55pm On Apr 13, 2007
1. because they cant help it
2. because they are trying to be devious
3. because they think its the "It" thing
4. because it was agreed between the two parties
5. because its in their nature to cheat
6. because, shocked
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by tosintunj: 9:04am On Apr 14, 2007
People who cheat on their spouse I think are not strong will people , they lack self control and do not believe in God.
They are Oliver twist in Nature and they forget that life has taught that you can never get all you want at same time ,even economics did too.
My suggestion and advice to all that cheat is to stop and talk to themselves , make up their mind and all see and visualize the uninteresting part of their adventure. So they can have a happy home, happy children , raised in happy atmosphere , if not they will pay . Nemesis will catch up, hence my regret when you can change now.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by iice(f): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2007
Because they are not satisfied
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by sammyjl(f): 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2007
For pleasure and to taste something else, I mean come on, we cant always be eating the same fruit.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by angelchi(f): 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2007
ppl cheat 4 so many reasons so, where do u wan me 2 start frm? e no get count jus do ur tin.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by lukmond: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2007
[s]people cheat because they are bored with their partners.[/s]
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:30pm On Aug 29, 2007
Sorry, can't be avoided!  Too much to do out there! wink Sampling is good! The loved one can stay home sometimes! kiss
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by QueenK1(f): 2:22am On Aug 30, 2007
becos they are greedy, nasty, heartless human being and they don't have respect for themselve n the partner.shameless pple, have no fair n respect 4 god
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by omoge25(f): 6:08am On Aug 30, 2007
they might want to try something else, you know when your relationship gets too monotous, you know what the other person will do before they do it and you just want to see if there is anything else out there for you, BUT you dont want to be a grownup and end the first relationship instead you just want to have your cake and eat it too by cheating.

but mostly what Queen K said grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by yimiton(f): 11:42am On Aug 30, 2007
People cheat in relationships for different reasons, but it all boils down to one thing, dissatisfaction.

An individual goes into a relationship without really knowing his partner, then, he discovered that she's totally different from whom he thought she was but he finds it difficult to break up even though he realizes he's actually not in love with her doesn't want to hurt her feelings. or she doesn't possess the qualities he's looking for in a woman afterall.

Then, he keeps her but keeps floating around to see if he'll eventually get that lady his mind is after.
Another factor is that he may not want to leave her because he feels insecure. He needs someone else but afraid to loose what he already has in case he doesn't readily find that someone.

Then, there's pure indiscipline, some plp just can't stay with a single partner.

Note: 'He' could be a male or female here as well as 'she' could be the male.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by bolseas(f): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2007
:ovariety is d spice of life grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by Easybaby(f): 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2007
I don't know! . . .me and my man don't cheat each other! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by uchetobi(f): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2007
becomes sometimes feelings you cant help but feel overwhelms you, sometimes for money, sometimes out of boredome, sometimes just for tthe heck of it
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by Ralvy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2007
I don't know undecided
d'u cheat?? tongue
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by efuah(f): 12:16pm On Aug 30, 2007
Queen K:

because they are greedy, nasty, heartless human being and they don't have respect for themselve n the partner.shameless people, have no fair n respect 4 god
exactly
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by marjson(m): 12:28pm On Aug 30, 2007
WHAT DO YOU EXACTLY MEAN BY CHEATING HERE COS I DONT UNDERSTAND, IS LIVING YOUR GAL FOR ANOTHER OR LIVING YOUR BOY FOR ANOTHER A CHEATING, IF IT IS THAT THEN THERE IS NO CHEATING ANYWHERE AFTER ALL EVERYTHING IS RECIPROCAL, THATS WHAT WE CALL CHANGE OF TASTE, IF YOUR GAL LIVE YOU THEN LIFE GOES ON, AND IF YOUR BOY LIVES YOU LIFE GOES ON, smiley
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by ebony4life(f): 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
People cheat because they don't know what they want, and by the time they get themselves entangled in critical situations, they will be looking forr critical rescue! undecided
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by Keziah(f): 12:47pm On Aug 30, 2007
yimiton:

People cheat in relationships for different reasons, but it all boils down to one thing, dissatisfaction.

An individual  goes into a relationship without really knowing his partner, then, he discovered that she's totally different from whom he thought she was but he finds it difficult to break up even though he realizes he's actually not in love with her doesn't want to hurt her feelings.  or she doesn't possess the qualities he's looking for in a woman afterall.

Then, he keeps her but keeps floating around to see if he'll eventually get that lady his mind is after.
Another factor is that he may not want to leave her because he feels insecure. He needs someone else but afraid to loose what he already has in case he doesn't readily find that someone.

Then, there's pure indiscipline, some plp just can't stay with a single partner.

Note: 'He' could be a male or female here as well as 'she' could be the male.

True talk sis, i absolutely agree with u.

But are u talking from expereince undecided sounds like u know it all or being throught grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by CHY84(f): 1:03pm On Aug 30, 2007
For me it's lack of understanding and maturity, for somebody to leave his/her guy/bebe as the case may be, and decided to do what they called TASTE is nonsense. What about the consequences atleast AIDS, if at all we must have sex why not with our dating partner what does he/ she have that your partner didnot have, we were all created all in the eyes of the LORD. shocked embarassed
Sofor me there is no reason at all. It's selfish act. shocked[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by tundewoods(m): 1:08pm On Aug 30, 2007
Because we sometimes get bored watching the same channel on TV so we opt for Cable grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by ozigbo(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2007
Easybaby:

I don't know! . . .me and my man don't cheat each other! tongue tongue tongue

na how we go ask.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by kingjaja2(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2007
because they have once been jilted by a girl loved so much and decided to become a full-time state-of-the-art, award winning, adorable relationship cheater, like me  grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by CrazyMan(m): 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2007
People cheat because they don't love their partners.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by worldismy(m): 2:28pm On Aug 30, 2007
It is because of greed
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by dankmen208(m): 2:53pm On Aug 30, 2007
RELATIONSHIP IS TECHINCAL, ITZ LIKE A CABLE WITH MAY CHANNEL BUT YOU CANT WATCH MORE THAN ONE CHANNEL
FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. tongue undecided

SHOPE BABA
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by dankmen208(m): 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2007
RELATIONSHIP IS TECHINCAL, ITZ LIKE A CABLE WITH MANY CHANNEL BUT YOU CANT WATCH MORE THAN ONE CHANNEL
FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by amaikama(m): 3:18pm On Aug 30, 2007
Because lust is tempting!! grin
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 30, 2007
the complexity of the human mind with regards to emotions are tapered to suit as at when due. i dont agree with the notion that humans by virtue of the gift of curiosity should be unfaithful, i think its just indiscipline ; i stand guilty also though. God help us !
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by bikokwe(m): 4:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
It all boils down to mans nature.the flesh is sinful n would continue to be n dis is much expressed in mans desire to satisfy himself[which cannot be fully satisfies]his desires even at the detriment of others.Self gratification also has some parts to play n most importantly discilpline which can only be gotten from God.One can love n cheat which is not love biblically .Only the fear of God can keep one from cheatin mostly when u know how to play the game.The knowledge of Gods word,implementation of it even if its attempted,dwellin in his presence seekin his face,consciously livin a righteous n holy life rememberin heaven will curb al help live above it.it is most predominant among the male folks probably cuz of the society will live in[nigeria] where such ladies are referred to as "ashawo" n guys as "na man na, na so dem dey do my sister"MAY GOD HELP US ALL.AMEN
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2007
"it is most predominant among the male folks probably because of the society will live in[nigeria] where such ladies are referred to as "ashawo" n guys as "na man na, na so them dey do my sister""
Haba, i beg to differ. Chaeting does not imply it was/is with an Ashawo, Abeg oooo !!!
Re: Why Do People Cheat In Relationships? by tkb417(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
why do u call it cheating. ok sha. we do what you call cheating because,u will suddenly find ; another tempting offer somewhere. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Have You Ever Felt Someone's Heartbeat When You Hug? / Can You Date A Lady/guy With A Very Poor Command Of The English Language? / Girls' Moaning Sound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.