Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host (31500 Views)

Ebuka Uchendu Celebrate 2yrs Anniversary With wife In New Photos / See Photos From #faceofokija2017,ebuka Uchendu Stole The Spotlight Once Again. / Ebuka Obi-Uchendu & His Wife, Cynthia Obianodo At Banky W, Adesua White Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by newsynews: 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2018
Popular Nigerian TV show host, Ebuka Uchendu has reacted to the news of US actor Kevin Hart stepping down as host of the 2019 Oscars. The actor stepped down after he was criticized for his homophobic statement which he made between 2009 and 2010.

He had earlier stated in an Instagram video that he had no need to apologize to people judging him based on his past. He however succumbed to pressure as he tendered an apology to the LGBTQ and announcing that he is stepping down as host of the 2019 Oscars.

I have made the choice to step down from hosting this year’s Oscar’s….this is because I do not want to be a distraction on a night that should be celebrated by so many amazing talented artists. I sincerely apologize to the LGBTQ community for my insensitive words from my past.

I’m sorry that I hurt people.. I am evolving and want to continue to do so. My goal is to bring people together not tear us apart. Much love & appreciation to the Academy. I hope we can meet again,” he said.

The news of his stepping down as host of the 2019 Oscars is currently trending on Twitter as at time of compiling this report. A Nigerian who reacted to the news tweeted that the job should be given to Ebuka Uchendu who hosts BBNaija reality TV show.

He said,

”Now that Kevin Hart has stepped down as 2019 Oscars host, can they call Ebuka to do the job?”

Replying the tweet, Ebuka Uchendu tendered an apology for his previous tweets which could prevent him from getting any gig in future.

”I just want to apologize for all my previous tweets in advance”, he tweeted.

Another Twitter user who reacted to the news wondered why Kevin Hart is being axed for his past statement. He also wondered if his detractors are now going to start perceiving the actor as anti-family and anti-white for his jokes regarding such.

“anti-gay” So, when he makes jokes about his family, he’s anti-family. Jokes about white people? “anti-white.” The scolds have killed comedy, not a single comic from the 70’s or 80’s would have a career.”

http://www.wotzup.ng/2018/12/ebuka-uchendu-kevin-hart-oscars/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
I dont have anything to say

Meanwhile:

Who knows of or runs any Whatsapp group where they discuss serious issues like politics, religion, etc

Kindly post link or refer me

8 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Peterdreddblog(m): 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
Fans think he's not qualified to host such event because of his homophobic comment..

"My greatest fear is seeing my son turn gay "

Woman Beats Boyfriend And Sits On His Face After He Refuses 0ral Sex ==> [url]peterdredd.com[/url]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by alBHAGDADI: 2:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
We are gradually getting to the stage when you won't be able to say anything against filthy homosexuals for fear of losing your job. Some fools don't know the evil agenda these filthy animals have for mankind, that's why they keep saying trash like "leave them alone as long as it's not your anus". Did they leave Lot and the two angels who visited him alone? No, they wanted to have anal sex with the angels, imagine!

These animals are the reason why we have HIV/AIDS today. It was first discovered in their LGBTQ community and was called Gay Related Immune Deficiency (GRID). It was later the name got changed to this politically correct HIV/AIDS we now know it to be.

Ebuka, keep trying to impress mankind by being overly conscious of your dress sense. You are just an inch away from crossing into being a gay, that's if you are not already one. Fashion conscious men are often effeminate. I wonder why a man would be so concerned about his looks that he will be dragging mirror with women.

Men are supposed to be rough because we were designed to do rough work But these days all we see are men killing themselves over big name brands like Gucci and Fendi. I even find it funny how they pay up to 200k for a Gucci shirt which has the brand name written boldly on front of it. They don't know that it makes them look like a walking signboard. Imagine advertising for the company for free even after paying that much.

319 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Tamarapetty(f): 2:45pm On Dec 07, 2018
God bless the guy above

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by LifestyleTonite: 3:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

We are gradually getting to the stage when you won't be able to say anything against filthy homosexuals for fear of losing your job. Some fools don't know the evil agenda these filthy animals have for mankind, that's why they keep saying trash like "leave them alone as long as it's not your anus". Did they leave Lot and the two angels who visited him alone? No, they wanted to have anal sex with the angels, imagine!

These animals are the reason why we have HIV/AIDS today. It was first discovered in their LGBTQ community and was called Gay Related Immune Deficiency (GRID). It was later the name got changed to this politically correct HIV/AIDS we now know it to be.

Ebuka, keep trying to impress mankind by being overly conscious of your dress sense. You are just an inch away from crossing into being a gay, that's if you are not already one. Fashion conscious men are often effeminate. I wonder why a man would be so concerned about his looks that he will be dragging mirror with women.

Men are supposed to be rough because we were designed to do rough work But these days all we see are men killing themselves over big name brands like Gucci and Fendi. I even find it funny how they pay up to 200k for a Gucci shirt which has the brand name written boldly on front of it. They don't know that it makes them look like a walking signboard. Imagine advertising for the company for free even after paying that much.

Sensible comment.

lalasticlala

110 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by adrian3000(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
shocked

why is he reacting....does he want to replace him

1 Like

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by martineverest(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
useless Nigerian yeyebrities
Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Bustincole(m): 5:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
anti virus

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Denikayan: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Does this mean they wont play the next Champion League Final

UEFA needs to have a rethink about this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by VIPERVENOM(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
I wonder what's wrong with these LGBT ppl. Kevin Hart has apologised several times over the years for those tweets

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nobody: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
cry

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Stingard: 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
E dey find work
Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by condralbedez: 5:27pm On Dec 07, 2018
When will bubu step down,for all the previous hate speech he has made in the past ??

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by troublemakea(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
condralbedez:
When will bubu step down ?
Lol
Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Mysselff2: 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
THATS IT,THE OSCARS IS SATANIC
WHO WILL SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE SCOURGE OF THE PERVERTED CREATURES CALLED GAYS AND LESBIANS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by faithfull18(f): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Hmm, end of time.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by junnyjake(m): 5:28pm On Dec 07, 2018
PC culture!

This is nonsense.

The west has succeeded in turning us all into emotional whips.

In college these days, kids are taught how to speak, there's totally not freedom of speech these days, no humor.

How they've made us all hyper-sensitive to speeches of others all in the name of progressiveness.

I can only agree to the "Live and let's live" declaration so long as the other party is bound by it too.

4 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by gazilion: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Worded!
Happy Xmas!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by sanpipita(m): 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
All you homophobic ppl will learn, gays run the world, abuse them at your own peril

2 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Uglymugg: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
Leftist going after leftist. I'm okay with that.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by franklypaen: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
That's the my problem with the "LGBT" community it's like with them you have no right to contrary views any body that doesn't sound supportive to the idea is termed homophobic ...they scream "right to have our views" bit don't want you to have "your views" and in this age to sound "politically correct" you have to side with them

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by aadoiza: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
He's being criticised for making jokes about scums of earth, filthy beings. I'd have them(homosexuals) all executed if l had the power.

7 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

broke boy just talk say you no get money buy gucci....your girlfriend would happily live you for gucci boy....broke ppl always think they have opinion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by HomeOfMe(f): 5:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
alBHAGDADI:

Very soon mankind will be wiped out after all the men have turned gay and all the women turn lesbian-no more reproduction...

3 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nne5: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
But that kevin guy apologized many times years ago.
It only goes to show how intolerant all these gay people are. f##ls. It's better kevin stepped down even.

Meanwhile, this Ebuka of a guy seems like one that lives to impress others.

18 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by YouareaBITCH(f): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
This is a very wrong step.

They deemed u unfit because u have made ur stand known.

Then u went ahead to reject urself.
Who does that?
grin

Instead of breaking their hearts with more success stories,u are stepping down.

Gullibility!

7 Likes

Re: Ebuka Uchendu Reacts To News Of Kevin Hart Stepping Down As Oscars Host by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
Denikayan:
Does this mean they wont play the next Champion League Final

UEFA needs to have a rethink about this
lipsrsealed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akpabio Gives 2face & Annie A Prado As Wedding Gift / Richard Mofe-Damijo And DJ Cuppy In Gelato Vibe. VIDEO / PHOTOS; Paul Okoye Of 'p-square' Shows His Handsome And Stylish Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.