Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill (45294 Views)

Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter / Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by figoperch: 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2018
oluwaseyi000:
It's obvious most Nigerians don't read, yet they clamour for issue based campaign, when issue based campaign start most Nigerian youths has nothing to contribute.

The president has raised some cogent point about implementation of the new law before 2019 and the confusion it may create but rather than Nigerian to engage him on the issue they resort to pettiness and name calling.

We truly deserves the leaders we get.

Nobody is even asking what are those laws and how it may affect or not affect next election

Although I don't have access to the draft bill, I'm of the opinion that if it's passed into law, there will be multitude of litigations after the elections on all sides of the divide.

You are right. We need to know how how it affects the next elections.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by semyman: 9:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
netsurfer01:
Cluless President angry
Thank you, till 2023 you will deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by jomoh: 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
mistyMen:
says who

Says the senate minority leader olujimi who is a PDP and Ali Ndume senate majority leader(APC).

Also the majority leader in the house of reps Femi gbajabiamila (APC)

Or can you be minority leader if you’re the majority?

Don’t believe the lies Saraki and his lying PDP has been feeding the few gullibles.

In case you’re in doubt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Representatives_(Nigeria)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by duwdu: 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

Its not my fault when you cannot take a joke.
I did not bother to reply other mentions.

My post earlier was intended to be a joke. So it is not my fault you got no sense of humor.

You sef, you would have reduced considerably the chances of folks taking your post the wrong way if you had simply added one smiley or two. wink

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by madridguy(m): 9:30pm On Dec 07, 2018
GOD BLESS YOU ASADULAH SAI BABA.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Kunlegzy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2018
Teewhy2:
I thought they have been discussing this electoral bill for long, why is the president just saying it is too close to the election and it shouldn't be used , so are you letting me believe all the other amendments were political sakamaje.

Are you planning to do a roof parapet?
Check out details of our polystyrene parapet installation, it is light, fast to install and durable.
Prefect for land which doesn't much loads and renovation works.
Click below
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/6

Is it the President that told them remove card reader�
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Sydlake: 10:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
I wonder if most people making comments understand what’s in the main electoral bills or the ammendments. 2 times he has returned the bill to the HOA, both times they have succumb and made necessary adjustments. I’ll rather say the law makers are confused rather than BuBu. I put it to you that the law makers will still make the highlighted/proposed adjustments by the president and by the time they are done with the adjustments, it’ll be few months close to elections, who signs a new electoral law into law few months to election?? That would have been the dumbest move unless they are up to some mischief. I put it to you, if Buhari signs that law, people will still talk about him trying to use the new amendments to rig the election, either way he must be criticized (either doing the right thing or the wrong thing/whether the people knows what’s in the electoral bill or not).

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by gtown: 10:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
AccessME:
Nigerians still haven't know the kind of Man they fostered to power. it's until after 2019 elections we will begin to see and realize that our freedom and rights of a democratic tenets have been exchanged with an Autocratic dictatorship.

I know Buhari will not win Next Year Election but i don't see him handling Aso Rock to anyone not even anticipated Atiku.

So, a president withholding his assent to a bill now means dictatorship!
Maybe you and Your like wailers here need little education. It is constitutional right of the president to either assent to or refuse assent to any bill transmits to him . Doing either of these is one of the purview of democratic tenet practice all over the world. The ways Vampire pigs groan these days isnot surprising though. No lefelundon no eraction has become unfashionable in such extent that river pig aka dokubo who used to motivate them to self distruction, is gradually updating himself new brain.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Splashme: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
AccessME:
Nigerians still haven't know the kind of Man they fostered to power. it's until after 2019 elections we will begin to see and realize that our freedom and rights of a democratic tenets have been exchanged with an Autocratic dictatorship.

I know Buhari will not win Next Year Election but i don't see him handling Aso Rock to anyone not even anticipated Atiku.

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by amaham(m): 12:07am On Dec 08, 2018
There is no need having electronic accreditation that can be over-ridden by manual accreditation. It is opening an aperture for alien and underage voting. Buhari should be a gentleman for once and do the needful
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by MetaPhysical: 12:50am On Dec 08, 2018
martineverest:
I thought they said he is jubrin,how come they are accepting rejection letter from an imposter?....

grin grin
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by teejona(m): 1:06am On Dec 08, 2018
Curtisaxel7:
Lol. Jubrin-Buhari didn't write this. This letter is too intelligent for the dull septuagenarian.

your very intelligent and smart father is no where to be found when we are talking about national issue.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by ofwest47(m): 1:09am On Dec 08, 2018
Wailers and haters if you are have brains is the wright time to start amending electoral laws just a few weeks to the election
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by yenereal(m): 6:23am On Dec 08, 2018
I saw it too. U are smart and intelligent bro. Was wondering if it wasn't properly edited.
Sirheny007:

Because, it seems from the letter, that Jubrin Al Sudani is more intelligent than Buhari.
Check paragraph II
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by BT11: 6:44am On Dec 08, 2018
President waited till the final day of expiry before rejecting this bill. This action was intentional and this means the only way the national assembly can override this bill is through 2/3 of the majority of the house which undoubtedly the opposition (pdp) does not have. This is really a sorry case and an action that may pave way for rigging in the 2019 polls. If the presidency knows they do not have an evil agenda, why this deliberate action even after they have amended this bill to your own directives with the attorney general of the federation present in the process. Hmmm Mr integrity indeed!!!!!!
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Damidolly: 6:57am On Dec 08, 2018
We have a mumu president, someone without any formal education ruling over 180million people
Tell me how poverty, corruption, unemployment,inflation, rise in exchange rate, disaster etc will leave our land.

I keep wondering why some graduate unemployed youths keep campaigning for someone who doesn't have even half of their education to be elevetednforna second term
Nigerians should wise up
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by mistyMen: 7:45am On Dec 08, 2018
jomoh:

Says the senate minority leader olujimi who is a PDP and Ali Ndume senate majority leader(APC).

Also the majority leader in the house of reps Femi gbajabiamila (APC)

Or can you be minority leader if you’re the majority?

Don’t believe the lies Saraki and his lying PDP has been feeding the few gullibles.

In case you’re in doubt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Representatives_(Nigeria)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Nigeria
PDP has more members,wen a head count is carried out u wud know.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:13am On Dec 08, 2018
Clumsy Alien on our Planet.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:14am On Dec 08, 2018
Feudalist.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:19am On Dec 08, 2018
Incorrect. We don't know how the Robot got so far.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2018
Sirheny007:

Because, it seems from the letter, that Jubrin Al Sudani is more intelligent than Buhari.
Check paragraph II

Even the SANs around him are hypnotised.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:36am On Dec 08, 2018
He is just a Mosquito. The NASS should use a sledge-hammer. Afterall they have Powers too.
The APC has distributed in EU, the names of all the Elites in Southern Nigeria including the Yoruba Pastors as Thieves and Armed Robbers.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by jomoh: 10:39am On Dec 08, 2018
mistyMen:
PDP has more members,wen a head count is carried out u wud know.

Do you know the meaning of minority and majority leaders?

Will there be minority and majority leaders without headcount.

Don’t let them brainwash you.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:40am On Dec 08, 2018
Cancel now NIN before 1/1/19.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:47am On Dec 08, 2018
Abrahamic Alien from Genesis:16:12
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2018
2 Clowns are causing these, Aisha disclosed. Or is it discloned?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by orisa37: 10:56am On Dec 08, 2018
Carry on bleeping Nigerians with Sudanese Flares
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by jamace(m): 11:35am On Dec 08, 2018
Here is what Buhari refused to sign into law by rejecting the Electoral Bill

1. Mandatory use of card readers.

2. Real time on-the-spot live transmission of voting results.

3. Mandatory access to all party agents to inspect election materials before voting commences.

4. Mandatory access to party agents to be present during voting, collation and announcement of results.

5. Imprisonment for any INEC staff that contravenes the Act.

APC is ready to rig and win by fire and by force. Na was for Mr Integrity o.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2018
Alexis11:
Lol...

Buhari is smart enough to see through their gimmicks cheesy

grin

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by mistyMen: 4:39am On Dec 09, 2018
jomoh:

Do you know the meaning of minority and majority leaders?

Will there be minority and majority leaders without headcount.

Don’t let them brainwash you.
it is actually opposition and ruling party.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by jomoh: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2018
mistyMen:
it is actually opposition and ruling party.

So for APC to still be having the majority leaders and PDP retaining the minority leaders without problem then APC is more than PDP.

PDP has the two speakership you think if they have the majority they will allow APC to retain the majority leaders posts?

It’s not even constitutionally right neither is it sensible for a party with lower number to retain the majority leader and the one with more members will now have the minority leaders.

So don’t believe the lies PDP keep shouting on media. They are only following one principle that if you repeat a lie well enough, people may actually start believing it’s the truth. Take the cloning thing for example. No matter how much you repeat the lie or believe them it can never erase the fact.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by IbrahimDamola: 9:53am On Dec 09, 2018
thatigboman:
typical yoruba muslim. Apart from skull mining, kidnapping, raping, armed robbery and yahoo yahoo, what else are u good at?

Ategboroson is also good at throwing amala into his ewedu-stained mouth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Segun Adewale Allegedly Fires Shots Into APC Campaign Office / EFCC Reacts To Sealed Rochas Foundation College, Supermarket, Daughter’s School / Mujahidat Daba Dokubo Reacts To Gen. Danjuma's Call To Arrest Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.