Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill (45303 Views)

Electoral Bill: Gbajabiamila Reads Buhari’s Letter / Electoral Act: Dogara, Gbajabiamila Stop Debate On Buhari’s Letter / ‘Transmission’ In Buhari’s Letter Evokes Laughter Among Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Buterflyle0: 6:57pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:

Integrity my left hairy ass

Go shave it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Baselm: 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
I knew that would be his reason and its a very good reason. the election is just 2 months away and any amendment made now will just amount to confusion of the electorates. these bunch of lawmakers are paid heavily and all they do is late delivery.

They signed the 2018 election deep into the raining season on 20th June, who doesn't know how much rain affects infrastructural projects. Buhari was forced to sign it in the interest of Nigerians though he has reservations
Now they are bringing this bill deep into election and they expect him to pass it again. Well, he has answered them. Authors of confusion

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by imam07: 7:00pm On Dec 07, 2018
How many of u here get voters card sef.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Iyajison: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
Poor paragraphing sha
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by kitone: 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sometimes I wonder how poor the knowledge of government processes is to the common man ,so you think the president will sit down and read all the bills?.of course not ,some people are paid to handle such things ,lawyers who can detect when words are ambiguous and can have different interpretation. Don't forget his vice is a prof of law.sometimes when people talk you just know how ignorant they are ,would have even given them more respect if they kept quite cos you will just assume they know

Sirheny007:

Because, it seems from the letter, that Jubrin Al Sudani is more intelligent than Buhari.
Check paragraph II
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by asawanathegreat(m): 7:08pm On Dec 07, 2018
My president has spoken take is or leave it. Sai baba 2019

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Hassan88(m): 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

Because, it seems from the letter, that Jubrin Al Sudani is more intelligent than Buhari.
Check paragraph II
You are a confused being

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by OlujobaSamuel: 7:11pm On Dec 07, 2018
imam07:
E easy? Easy said dan done
NDDC is a creation of vetoed bill, so if the intent is sincere, yes they can.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by nnaeyes6: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2018
Zombie o Zombie Zombie o Zombie

Zombie no go sign the bill unless u tell am to sign...... Complete the song

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Sirheny007(m): 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
kitone:
Sometimes I wonder how poor the knowledge of government processes is to the common man ,so you think the president will sit down and read all the bills?.of course not ,some people are paid to handle such things ,lawyers who can detect when words are ambiguous and can have different interpretation. Don't forget his vice is a prof of law.sometimes time when people talk you just know how ignorant they are ,would have even given them more respect if they keep quite cos you will just assume they know

Its not my fault when you cannot take a joke.
I did not bother to reply other mentions.

My post earlier was intended to be a joke. So it is not my fault you got no sense of humor.

BTW, I know People are paid to draft/handle these type of situations so that all the president does is sign knowing nothing himself.
Save yourself the stress.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Blue3k(m): 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2018
arantess:
I want to believe the National assembly can override the president on this issue? Thoughts??

They can but there's not enough support so they choose to waste time instead. Then u get nairaland wailers whine about buhari not signing it. What sense does it make repeating same failed action over and over. The only options are submit a bill to Buhari's liking or override him. If they cant move on to other issues.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by precious1967(m): 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
no way for too young to rule
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Pataricatering(f): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2018
arantess:
I want to believe the National assembly can override the president on this issue? Thoughts??
they can't! APC is in the majority !
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Deepthoughts: 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
kirajustice:
@POLITICSNGR

PoliticsNGR has obtained copies of President Muhammadu Buhari's letter to the National Assembly rejecting the controversial Electoral Amendment Bill.

Photos below;

https://politicsngr.com/breaking-president-buhari-rejected-electoral-bill-full-letter/

It is clear from this letter that buhari is deliberately deploying dirty tactics to scuttle the amendment of the electoral act to block his party's rigging plans,for one the Apc has members in the amendment committee through whom the government can access the amendment process n make her imputs this they failed to do on several occasions,two buhari always wait till the last day to deny assent, thirdly buhari by the previledge of his office has now assume the false status of 'onmiscience' n only he can decide when a legislation should be enacted n how it should be drafted!, those supporting n cheering buhari on should be mindful of the dangerous precedent buhari is setting n remember that there is a tommorow,all sane Nigerians need to wake up and atikulate for 2019, Nigeria needs a competent, experienced, knowledgeable, nationalistic n above all a life full president.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Hassan88(m): 7:21pm On Dec 07, 2018
Leaders don't create followers, they create more leaders.

I stand with buhari, at least I am a leader in my Village.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by grandstar(m): 7:24pm On Dec 07, 2018
Blue3k:

They can but there's not enough support so they choose to waste time instead. Then u get nairaland wailers whine about buhari not signing it. What sense does it make repeating same failed action over and over. The only options are submit a bill to Buhari's liking or override him. If they cant move on to other issues.

Blue3k, please whats this bill all about?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Roger3D(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:

Integrity my left hairy ass
Igbo girl your Atiku will fail you next year

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by DONADAMS(m): 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

Check paragraph II
holy Moses!!! una no go kill person for this nairaland grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Hassan88(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2018
I am more afraid of an army of one hundred sheep led by lionBuhari than an army of one hundred lions led by Atikusheep. I stand with buhari the Destroyer of evil...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Blue3k(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2018
grandstar:

Blue3k, please whats this bill all about?

Dont even know. I stopped paying attention after first submission. I just know it had something to do with election order. This whole issue is just annoying to me.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by binary123(m): 7:31pm On Dec 07, 2018
Someone should explain to me what this electoral bill is all about, pls pordon my ignorance.
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Abdul9025(m): 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2018
Denikayan:

God bless His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

Good bless you too

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by NairaMaster1(m): 7:41pm On Dec 07, 2018
martineverest:
I thought they said he is jubrin,how come they are accepting rejection letter from an imposter?....

Coconut is even better.

When has the NA resolved he's Jubril?

With your jittery patty as majority?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by grandstar(m): 7:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
Blue3k:

Dont even know. I stopped paying attention after first submission. I just know it had something to do with election order.

I think I have an idea now! I faintly remember they want the presidential election to come last rather than first.

I feel that whatever party wins the presidential will have a spill over effect on other elections

Assuming Atiku wins the presidential elections, it would a encourage voters to plonk for PDP governors as it is better to be on the side of the federal government

And if Buhari wins with a landslide victory, it may crush the chances of all PDP governors who decamped to the PDP and may increase the margin of victory in APC states.

Everyone loves a winner!

The governors want it changed based on past experience!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by PDPGuy: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2018
arantess:
Yes.
The NASS, by a two-thirds vote in each chamber, can override a president’s veto.

However, I agree with President Buhari on this issue. It’s way too late in the game to start changing the rules. It’s not wise to start the electoral process with the 2015 Electoral Act, and conduct the general election using the potential new law.

I wholeheartedly the bill should only be applicable to elections after 2019.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
[Another mad man spotted
quote author=desiignerr post=73639371]First Of All, i know from the bottom of my heart that JUBRIL BUHARI is not educated enough to write this letter.
Second, its quite obvious that this Bill, will hinder his plan to rig the coming election.

He must be sent back to daura at all cost
Nigerians are really suffering too much, suicides were something unheard of in my childhood, now they have become the order of the day.
Boys even in secondary schools are proudly into cyber-crime as there is no other way for them.

Even the name itself is now a stain,and a joke to the world. There thousands of experiences of people loosing foreign jobs, opportunities, even relationships just because they came from a country called NIGERIA.

One day the once powerless and gentle people of Nigeria will stand up and a great revolution will be born where young, agile and educated people who have national interest at heart will be allowed to preside the country.[/quote]
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by Ategberoson(m): 8:15pm On Dec 07, 2018
Karatum:

I also know that ur president is a dullard

but you want to fvck the dullard shows you don't have class and you have identified yourself in the class of Imbeciles

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by duwdu: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
PDPGuy:

Yes.
The NASS, by a two-thirds vote in each chamber, can override a president’s veto.

However, I agree with President Buhari on this issue. It’s way too late in the game to start changing the rules. It’s not wise to start the electoral process with the 2015 Electoral Act, and conduct the general election using the potential new law.

I wholeheartedly the bill should only be applicable to elections after 2019.

I endorse this statement wholeheartedly.

P34c3
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by duwdu: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2018
drlateef:
Obviously, those who work with Buhari are far more intelligent and experienced than national assembly law drafters. I am not surprised. Anywhere that has no leadership with integrity will lack objectivity and efficiency. Square pegs must be placed in square holes.

Good thinking, and I fully agree.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by lesbiconverter: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
Sirheny007:

Check paragraph II
so you believe you are being ruled by an impostor from a rumor spread by a fugitive who doesn't even care about you?
Re: Buhari's Letter To National Assembly Rejecting Electoral Bill by duwdu: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2018
omoiyalayi:
It has now become back & forth debate

This is why it is difficult to move this country forward

If this bill is one of the bill that will affect ordinary nigeria lives positively this is how they will be pushing it around

Did the national assembly just realize how important this bill is to electoral process?

Why delay till this year before coming up with electoral amendment bill since after 2015 general election ?

Even the executive is not left out of this blame why did they not start the process earlier enough with the majority apc lawmaker at that time

Our government are not proactive at all they will wait till last minute to start making arrangement for things that will better people lives, so when they fail they will start making excuses that there was no time to implement it

#pity

See 20/20 vision and blaming, LOL. Are you not one of the governed? Did you raise these issues yourself since 2015, or ask your rep/senator to table a new/amendment to the existing electoral Law?

We've all failed as usual, my dear friend, and yours truly is not even the political-activist type, so I won't make that lofty claim.

Having said that, my commendation to you if you did raise the issue since 2015, but then please tell us what you did and the outcome of your efforts and those of your reps/senator since 2015. Thanks.

P34c3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Learning How To Speak Yoruba - Lagos LP Guber Candidate, Gbadebo / Oshiomhole And His Wife Iara Pictured As They Left Nigeria For The US / Picture Of Buhari, Okorocha & His Son, Amen And P.A. Ebere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.