Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv (24853 Views)

Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 / Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by dokunbam(m): 8:02am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Download Tap TV Pro, Mobdro, Livenettv etc etc ......
Ok
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by vicfy(m): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2018
I experience same thing here....in addition to repetition of programmes

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by fuckboys: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2018
Tonymegabush1:

I have that very machine, do u view sport channels free?
yeah, TV premiere, they've got for football, boxing car racing stations. Don't even think they'll air you premier league matches and champions league undecided
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Demonicide(f): 8:03am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.
How does this one work?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Demonicide(f): 8:04am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Will i get to view with my data?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by fuckboys: 8:07am On Dec 10, 2018
solepager:

If you can I'll like to know the contents in yours....what decoder and others you are using.
I once use strong decoder ...I didn't enjoy much because of the contents
theres lots of contents on free to air, like someone says point to nigcomsat. And you can connect to multiple satellites. You can even connect to 10 satellites with 10 different LNB's, contents of free to air it unlimited

Just get a good engineer that's all
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Demonicide(f): 8:07am On Dec 10, 2018
kyaagbanairaland:
Gotv taught they can scan me.
I bought a brand new Gotv decoder which came with 1 month free subscription. I was expecting them to block the channels after expiration because I learnt it is pay before service. They did not block the channels and for the next 8 months, I was watching the channels free (Gotv Max). After 8 months, they blocked it and sent me a bill that I am owing 27000 naira. I just 'jejely' pack their decoder aside. No be me and them.
Correct guy, like say you pay, I for wipe you seriously.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2018
fuckboys:
yeah, TV premiere, they've got for football, boxing car racing stations. Don't even think they'll air you premier league matches and champions league undecided

Wasn't thinking abt dat either, I know Epl will not definitely work for free to air tins
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Dantedasz(m): 8:08am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

When you compare against having a paid subscription, they are much cheaper on the long run.....

It is not cheaper.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Betensure: 8:13am On Dec 10, 2018
symbianDON:

I disagree sir. data is still expensive if purchased legally. if you have to stream content on mobdro for say 6hrs daily, you won't consume less than 1.2gb to 1.5gb! do the maths on how much that will cost in a month versus ds.thieves costliest bouquet.
Migrate to Airtel triple data then subscribe 5000 per month Which gives me 10GB+ * 3= 33.5GB.....the cheapest package in Dstv is 4000 which wont Give you all the channels in TV TAP........well if you are afraid of Data you can use Wss for watching live matches on weekends though you would need to click the 2G quality
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2018
Demonicide:
Will i get to view with my data?

Yes
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Dec 10, 2018
Dantedasz:

It is not cheaper.

For me, it is more cheaper.....
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by RealOne042: 8:21am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.
To buy it is not the issue, who will set it if I buy?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by emmie14: 8:25am On Dec 10, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

No, you shouldn't be disappointed. He is right. That's the beauty of competition. To be sincere, NigComSat has very good contents
Yea that may be possible but let us address and cure the madness of multichoice
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 10, 2018
fuckboys:

There is a way for that to work as well, just tell them you want watch all football channel, the downside is you have to get another dish because usually after a few months the football channels disappear & you might have to research for them again if you are setting it up personally but if Na technician you go pay atleast 1k for each fix.

Thank God I don't give a crap about football, so I just use startimes, pay for like six months, which usually ends working for almost 9 months grin
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by AlphaStyles(m): 8:31am On Dec 10, 2018
same thing over here oo it was working fine until i renewed on saturday boom it started having probs booting and when it scans connection is gone and comes back and channel lists misbehaves anyhow and now the decoder has entered full mental state it wont boot again

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Reference(m): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2018
martineverest:
typical response from an educated illiterate who doesn't know his right

He has a point. Cable TV is both a product and a service. One can be regulated by standards via authority. The other can be regulated via patronage. It is not a critical product or service that has any bearing on life or health conditions so if the quality of service is poor you regulate with you feet. Government cannot legislate the quality of services it is up to consumers to regulate with their feet. What government does is to promote the diversification of services and ensure there are no anti trust issues... aka cartels. This is the problem with cable tv in Nigeria.... no competition. Government should generate that.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by SEGLIZ: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

If he is paying for the service, it should be rendered!

Afterall he saw other options before subscribing!

If multichoice is not owing up to their own side of the bargain, they should be sanctioned by the appropriate quarters!

It would be better if it's made pay per view! In that way, they would sit up!

we don't need to wait for them to be sanctioned. we Nigerians don't know our right, we see everything as privilege and opportunity meanwhile it's our to benefit. check our life style in all form we represent this "I better pass neighbors kind of life," come see youth argue over phone brand online it is dishearten, an average individual that can't afford a daily meal bragging over an iPhone that has cost him, his life time fortune. we play down our rights and everything like a "money miss road"
until we start pressing charges and they end up paying damages, this idiot won't stop taking us for granted, we sue them, sue the regulatory bodies involved then we should expect changes and they sitting up.

3 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by tee59(f): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2018
Multichoice/Gotv customer care hot line : 08039044688. The call is not even free oh, stupid people. Having the same issue but nothing was done after calling.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Ayobami7(m): 8:52am On Dec 10, 2018
OK
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by kingharzy: 8:55am On Dec 10, 2018
kyaagbanairaland:
Gotv taught they can scan me.
I bought a brand new Gotv decoder which came with 1 month free subscription. I was expecting them to block the channels after expiration because I learnt it is pay before service. They did not block the channels and for the next 8 months, I was watching the channels free (Gotv Max). After 8 months, they blocked it and sent me a bill that I am owing 27000 naira. I just 'jejely' pack their decoder aside. No be me and them.
undecided

Alas, seesth thou a man full of sense, ororo never departs from his head and mighty are his deeds.

3 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by spyg1(m): 9:06am On Dec 10, 2018
emmie14:

Nigerians keep having repeated problems from companies especially service providers to government because we always fall to alternatives. Instead of investigating issues pointed out and addressing problems you're suggesting another junk. How are you sure that unlabelled NIGCOMSAT is better than multichoice? Am disappointed.
Don't be disappointed, try them first. Labelling is the problem of many good companies which far better than the renown ones
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 10, 2018
I wonder how people still use that fustrating GOTV till now, with that their useless decoder that boots like a 1999 Pentium PC. Go to their page on Facebook and see the hoard of complaints from customers. Buy Startimes and have peace of mind.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by 77up(m): 9:17am On Dec 10, 2018
Yabaleftstudent:
hi niaralanders pls I need ur help... I need 3k plz
anyone willing to help I'd appreciate u plsss
Just because we are on faceless forum and you turn your spirit and soul to a begger .

Can't you go out and hustle Bricklaying Labour is there , car wash is there , pay bush cutting is there , merchandise is there , I swear I have done all these very well before.

haba, you begs on every thread is it that hard for you are you the only one in the country just imagine every one start begging just because things are hard , na so every one go turn babi ala sad go out and try something out , things 'll be alright .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by sonshyne: 9:26am On Dec 10, 2018
I subscribed on my Gotv last week Monday and last Friday my decoder just stop scanning and I still watch till Thursday night. When I went to one of the dealer beside my house to complain he said I have to swap it with another decoder. Please house could there be any other possible alternative to resolve this aside swapping cause of the money involve
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by TheKingIsHere: 9:27am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:29am On Dec 10, 2018
RealOne042:
To buy it is not the issue, who will set it if I buy?
There are installers where u buy,if ure based in the east,I can arrange for you,I sell dstv and free to air decoders
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by CioAngels(f): 9:32am On Dec 10, 2018
They can only do this rubbish in Nigeria because they have come to understand that Nigeria is a big bribe taken country and a such nobody will call them to order because Nigerian greedy leaders would sold their conscience and collected huge bribe from them to look the other way rip Nigerians off. The people watching their stupid Zee world is declining because of their showing one episode in one month or more. Nigeria is not a nation but a village and a dustbin for the sane countries. What a big shame where a foreigner has been presiding over her affairs for going two years over wraps by wicked ones.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by mechanics(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2018
He should take the decoder to their office for replacement.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by ibietela2(m): 10:09am On Dec 10, 2018
Lexusgs430:

With which network do you want to stream with?

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by ibietela2(m): 10:10am On Dec 10, 2018
smemud:
give kudos to The PUNCH newspaper for the opportunity given to the masses through this medium to air their views and grievances on issues of national importance .
It is disheartening that organisations like Multichoice Nigeria take delight in exploiting the fact that the Consumer Protection Council which is supposed to act like a check to their excesses is not working in this country . Multichoice is always in the habit of ripping off its subscribers in Nigeria either through poor service delivery or deceptive marketing strategies .
GOtv , a product on the stables of Multichoice Nigeria , is the worst in terms of service delivery and the company does not seem to be bothered, yet they keep disturbing us with one deceptive marketing jingles or the other . I am a GOtv subscriber with IUC Number 4613148216. Each month I renew my subscription , I don ’t get to enjoy the package for up to a week and then for the rest period of the month, it is either the decoder is not connecting to its server or its server is encountering problems at its end. At the end of the day , the channels on the decoder will not be complete. For some time now , the channels displaying on my decoder are not up to 15 . To worsen the situation , its customer care numbers are not connecting and there is no medium to communicate this to them and at the end of the subscription , they will not deem it fit to compensate me for this inconvenience .
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,
Lagos ,https://punchng.com/cpc-save-us-from-multichoicegotv/

NOTHING works in this country.. I can't stream with Smile 4G
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Betensure: 10:22am On Dec 10, 2018
ibietela2:

NOTHING works in this country.. I can't stream with Smile 4G
Then go for DSTV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / AMVCA: Uzee Usman Is First Northerner To Be Nominated As Best Actor In Drama / Simi Features In A Yoruba Movie "Mokaliki". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.