Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv (24852 Views)

Court Stops Multichoice From Increasing Dstv Subscription Rates / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 / Multichoice Nigeria Loses In Court, To Pay N5.9 Billion ‘Damages’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Qtsnow(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2018
Tizu:

Poor man. You still in addition to their poor services buy fuel daily to enable you watch your television. Don't you think that you are a great looser? How many of your family members are working with multichoice that you have become their milk cow? I boycotted them long time ago when I found out that they work hand in hand with our government officials to reap us off.

To be sincere, I have never liked DSTV or GoTV, I used it for few months this year and that was it, for close to two months decoder always showing loading, customer service to the rescue no way.
Last resort, pack it up, throw away the Dish, called a friend to get my Free to Air for #25,000 with almost 100 channels, don't ask me if it shows super sport. All I need is information and entertainment for.my family.
Less I forget, the #25,000 is one off and can always be reconfigured when new free channels open.

Stop wasting your money on paid subscription and fueling. Life is free enjoy it.

4 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Qtsnow(m): 10:31am On Dec 10, 2018
To be sincere, I have never liked DSTV or GoTV, I used it for few months this year and that was it, for close to two months decoder always showing loading, customer service to the rescue no way.
Last resort, pack it up, throw away the Dish, called a friend to get my Free to Air for #25,000 with almost 100 channels, don't ask me if it shows super sport. All I need is information and entertainment for.my family.
Less I forget, the #25,000 is one off and can always be reconfigured when new free channels open.

Stop wasting your money on paid subscription and fueling. Life is free enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by HarryDuce(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2018
Abudu2000:
kids have taken over Nairaland that it makes me wanna puke. so u think if not for kids I an adult will find it hard to stay without pay TV?
No one cares if you subscribe for your dogs to watch and be jolly. kiss
or even though your useless life is yet to bring forte kids the thought never occurred to you that children needs something to educate themselves at home??
Quite mature for someone who claims another is a kid.
If you detest the company, Patronise another. Grow Nigeria. GOtv is not the only cable TV available.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by HarryDuce(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2018
martineverest:
Ur second sentence is so silly.....how can a graduate type such..many Nigerian youth don't know their right
Exactly, you don't know your rights. How you imagine the law works is not how it works. If a good number of GOtv subscribers are disgruntled, they can abandon the service. They always have that option, don't they?

2 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by ibietela2(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Betensure:

Then go for DSTV

I have dstv
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by solepager(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2018
fuckboys:
theres lots of contents on free to air, like someone says point to nigcomsat. And you can connect to multiple satellites. You can even connect to 10 satellites with 10 different LNB's, contents of free to air it unlimited

Just get a good engineer that's all

I like the sound of multiple satellite
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by madgoat(m): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.
How can this be done please?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Elxandre(m): 11:39am On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
If multichoice is giving you issue you can point to NIGCOMSAT FREE TO AIR. The content is not bad at all. 42.5 E 12518H 29500.
Can I get a list of the channels please?

2 Likes

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by trinity11(m): 12:08pm On Dec 10, 2018
MVLOX:
Osusu Cable people abeg make we meet here....lol
jejeje we nor fit shout

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2018
Elxandre:

Can I get a list of the channels please?
Trybe
Televista
Wazombia Max
Galaxy TV
TVC NEWS
TVC Entertainment
Peace Tv
Jehoval witness Tv
Emanuel Tv
ALMINHAJ
MBC 3
MBC 2
MBC MAX
MBC ACTION
YOTOMY TELEVISAN
NUPE TV
BENUE TV
TARABA TV
AND MUCH MORE

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by bigabbey: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
For your free to air call 08066653723
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
Trybe
Televista
Wazombia Max
Galaxy TV
TVC NEWS
TVC Entertainment
Peace Tv
Jehoval witness Tv
Emanuel Tv
ALMINHAJ
MBC 3
MBC 2
MBC MAX
MBC ACTION
YOTOMY TELEVISAN
NUPE TV
BENUE TV
TARABA TV
AND MUCH MORE
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 12:38pm On Dec 10, 2018
You can call any cable tv installer to do it for you. Contact me if you are in Abuja.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 12:41pm On Dec 10, 2018
Demonicide:
How does this one work?
You can call any cable tv installer in your area. Contact me if you are in Abuja
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by bigabbey: 12:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
RealOne042:
To buy it is not the issue, who will set it if I buy?

Call my number above
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by DareBello(m): 12:44pm On Dec 10, 2018
emmie14:

Nigerians keep having repeated problems from companies especially service providers to government because we always fall to alternatives. Instead of investigating issues pointed out and addressing problems you're suggesting another junk. How are you sure that unlabelled NIGCOMSAT is better than multichoice? Am disappointed.
NIGCOMSAT IS FREE TO AIR. IDONT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY UNLABELLED. Is not by force if one service is bad you switch to another. They are not government own property that you insist must do it for you.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Reference(m): 2:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
DareBello:
Trybe
Televista
Wazombia Max
Galaxy TV
TVC NEWS
TVC Entertainment
Peace Tv
Jehoval witness Tv
Emanuel Tv
ALMINHAJ
MBC 3
MBC 2
MBC MAX
MBC ACTION
YOTOMY TELEVISAN
NUPE TV
BENUE TV
TARABA TV
AND MUCH MORE

For 3rd rate hotels, maybe. For individuals this list is mediocre.... anyway such are free things...

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by zoedew: 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
WrathOfHadez:
So exploitation and poor service delivery by TV providers should not be raised because there's the option of not using DStv/gotv?

And it never occurred to you that people paid for their services before discovering the delivery and offer isn't as promised. So they should just port to the next TV services provider? And the cycle continues!

People like you are a huge problem for Nigeria and the world at large.

What a way to reason!

It’s your call! You appear to miss my point my friend! Porting elsewhere when you are not satisfied with the QOS is just one of the ways of dealing with errant service providers. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that’s the only way to go in this matter! I guess that never occurred to you though my post was clear enough to the discerning reader! There are several others but it’s the most potent because it is a Direct Market Response tool! Again, it’s your choice! Years back I ported my line from MTN to ETISALAT and left my DSTV decoder gathering dust for Startimes decoders - I’ve had excellent service since. #thinkoutoftheboxforonce

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by zoedew: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2018
valarinz:

I disagree with you on this one, if I no come watch hazard every weekend, wetin I come gain na

Lollzzzzzzzzz! That, exactly is the hold dstv has on us!!! A begi enjoy your moni!!! Thanks amigo!!!

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Phyde: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2018
kyaagbanairaland:
Gotv taught they can scan me.
I bought a brand new Gotv decoder which came with 1 month free subscription. I was expecting them to block the channels after expiration because I learnt it is pay before service. They did not block the channels and for the next 8 months, I was watching the channels free (Gotv Max). After 8 months, they blocked it and sent me a bill that I am owing 27000 naira. I just 'jejely' pack their decoder aside. No be me and them.
grin grin grin Bad sharp guy.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by zoedew: 3:23pm On Dec 10, 2018
Phyde:

grin grin grin Bad sharp guy.

Ali Baba and the forty thieves tins! The guy was busy dining with the Devil using a long spoon! One of these days the Devil will snatch the long spoon from his hand and have him downside up till he vomits all he scooped while at the dinner! #twowrongsdontmakearight
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by zoedew: 3:25pm On Dec 10, 2018
kyaagbanairaland:
Gotv taught they can scan me.
I bought a brand new Gotv decoder which came with 1 month free subscription. I was expecting them to block the channels after expiration because I learnt it is pay before service. They did not block the channels and for the next 8 months, I was watching the channels free (Gotv Max). After 8 months, they blocked it and sent me a bill that I am owing 27000 naira. I just 'jejely' pack their decoder aside. No be me and them.

Ali Baba and the forty thieves tins! You are busy dining with the Devil using a long spoon! One of these days the Devil will snatch the long spoon from your hand and have you downside up till you’ve vomited all you scooped while at the dinner! #twowrongsdontmakearight
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Tammynator(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2018
naijanaso:
Truth be told! Multichoice knows they have no competition in Nigeria, that is why they can act they way the want. HiTV came out and made all the noise...what happened? The biggest flop of the century (TSTV) came up with their massive failure and ended up as a free to air provider, rending their distributors poor. People hired offices to sell their products and for over a year now they are crying. Our country on the other hand is not providing the needed environment for business. Multichoice runs generator like 30hrs each day to be in service, so what do we expect them to do?
All the thieves we have as politicians can not put resources together to float a common brand and save us from this, rather they prefer stacking the money abroad.
For now, DSTV is the only stable provider...I have used them all and I am stuck with DSTV. It is better for me to use the least bouquet in DSTV than waste my money on any rubbish. This is my personal view.

Did I hear 30 hours a day?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by WrathOfHadez(m): 5:33pm On Dec 10, 2018
zoedew:

It’s your call! You appear to miss my point my friend! Porting elsewhere when you are not satisfied with the QOS is just one of the ways of dealing with errant service providers. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that’s the only way to go in this matter! I guess that never occurred to you though my post was clear enough to the discerning reader! There are several others but it’s the most potent because it is a Direct Market Response tool! Again, it’s your choice! Years back I ported my line from MTN to ETISALAT and left my DSTV decoder gathering dust for Startimes decoders - I’ve had excellent service since. #thinkoutoftheboxforonce

Thanks for the highlights but it's just a patchy addendum!

Your response to the OP was; "must you use them?"

That's a big exemption of responsibility for the TV providers. In case you don't know, it's an offence to do wrong marketing or for a service provider to advertise what they don't deliver as the OP accused DStv of doing.

And any response that thunders: " must you use them" without calling or "exposing" that fraudulent company is implicitly endorsing it.

The services of DStv in south Africa is pay per view and subscribers get what they see.

We must not advocate for just dumping a Service provider. That's only for overcharging or poor service not when exploitation and fraudulent misrepresentation through advertisment is involved.

Put on your patriotic hat and don your logical glasses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Clentuzbaba(m): 5:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
For those of u who r tired of dstv, I recommend startimes for u. Av used it for a whole year now and dey only get better and not exploitative.

1 Like

Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by kingralph(m): 6:14pm On Dec 10, 2018
smemud:
give kudos to The PUNCH newspaper for the opportunity given to the masses through this medium to air their views and grievances on issues of national importance .
It is disheartening that organisations like Multichoice Nigeria take delight in exploiting the fact that the Consumer Protection Council which is supposed to act like a check to their excesses is not working in this country . Multichoice is always in the habit of ripping off its subscribers in Nigeria either through poor service delivery or deceptive marketing strategies .
GOtv , a product on the stables of Multichoice Nigeria , is the worst in terms of service delivery and the company does not seem to be bothered, yet they keep disturbing us with one deceptive marketing jingles or the other . I am a GOtv subscriber with IUC Number 4613148216. Each month I renew my subscription , I don ’t get to enjoy the package for up to a week and then for the rest period of the month, it is either the decoder is not connecting to its server or its server is encountering problems at its end. At the end of the day , the channels on the decoder will not be complete. For some time now , the channels displaying on my decoder are not up to 15 . To worsen the situation , its customer care numbers are not connecting and there is no medium to communicate this to them and at the end of the subscription , they will not deem it fit to compensate me for this inconvenience .
Emmanuel Ike ,
Idimu Road , Ikotun,
Lagos ,https://punchng.com/cpc-save-us-from-multichoicegotv/

Where is Tstv?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by zoedew: 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2018
WrathOfHadez:

Thanks for the highlights but it's just a patchy addendum!

Your response to the OP was; "must you use them?"

That's a big exemption of responsibility for the TV providers. In case you don't know, it's an offence to do wrong marketing or for a service provider to advertise what they don't deliver as the OP accused DStv of doing.

And any response that thunders: " must you use them" without calling or "exposing" that fraudulent company is implicitly endorsing it.

The services of DStv in south Africa is pay per view and subscribers get what they see.

We must not advocate for just dumping a Service provider. That's only for overcharging or poor service not when exploitation and fraudulent misrepresentation through advertisment is involved.

Put on your patriotic hat and don your logical glasses.

It’s your choice.
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
Yahoo+ pls wait while your transaction is being processed grin
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Forreellinc: 9:36pm On Dec 10, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

Your comment is both stupid and irresponsible
grin hee them tell you say cable na for everybody
Na because bush people like una plenty wey dey use cable na Y them no send una
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by toplinetrtrend: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2018
Forreellinc:

grin hee them tell you say cable na for everybody
Na because bush people like una plenty wey dey use cable na Y them no send una

If use of cable TV makes someone bush people, what then makes someone not to be bush people? Watching LTV, abi?
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Forreellinc: 7:33am On Dec 11, 2018
toplinetrtrend:

If use of cable TV makes someone bush people, what then makes someone not to be bush people? Watching LTV, abi?
No,watching cable doesn't necessarily make you bush but too many bush people watching cable is why they don't respect y'all enuff as customers
Re: CPC, Save Us From Multichoice/gotv by Basketmouth2019: 7:36am On Dec 11, 2018
If you want true entertainment, get STAR TIMES. It's loaded. You can watch football at viewing centres.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji's Scenes Cut Out Of Half Of A Yellow Sun / AMVCA: Uzee Usman Is First Northerner To Be Nominated As Best Actor In Drama / Simi Features In A Yoruba Movie "Mokaliki". Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.