Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,104 members, 7,828,859 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend (4049 Views)

My Boyfriend Told Me Morning Instead Of Morning Baby. What Do I Do? / My Boyfriend Told Me To Stop Communicating "For Now" / See What A Lady's Boyfriend Told Her After The Relationship Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 10:17am On Dec 11, 2018
Hello everyone, please I need your advice, please. I went out with my boyfriend last night and while we're out, he called his mum and they were discussing, in the process he told his mum he was out because his mum asked that she speak to his brother but my shock and disappointment was, he told his mum he was out with his friend (I'm the friend ) and my countenance changed totally even tho I tired acting it didn't affect me, he figured I was mad and he tired redeeming his image by playing call (he played his ringtone and acted like his mum called him back) then he started saying stuff like I'm with my girlfriend just to make me feel cool but that totally ruin everything (I knew he played ringtone because he played the wrong one). I was able to keep my cool till this morning but I'm not sure how long I can keep up with me been cool and not addressing it. What do I do, should I just forget it or talk about it and start acting like a friend to him (it's just a 2months relationship)
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by samysmoothfresh: 10:20am On Dec 11, 2018
Haba............you no be e friend before?

I mean are you not supposed to be best friends with your gf/bf in a relationship.

Girls and drama be like buhari and failure

21 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by blackpanthar: 10:31am On Dec 11, 2018
well that is what you get for not LOOKING before LEAPING into the relationship.

DID YOU EXPECT A GUY WHO HAS NO PLANS TO MARRY YOU TO TELL HIS MUM ABOUT YOU?

wake up AshakeT and stay woke in the Name of Jesus.

SEX does not make you his GF, outing or ring doesn't mean you are TAKEN... until he has TAKEN YOU TO THE ALTAR... you are very very single.... or rather SHINGLE.

so do not hate the player when u entered the game as a guest

AshakeT:
Hello everyone, please I need your advice, please. I went out with my boyfriend last night and while we're out, he called his mum and they were discussing, in the process he told his mum he was out because his mum asked that she speak to his brother but my shock and disappointment was, he told his mum he was out with his friend (I'm the friend ) and my countenance changed totally even tho I tired acting it didn't affect me, he figured I was mad and he tired redeeming his image by playing call (he played his ringtone and acted like his mum called him back) then he started saying stuff like I'm with my girlfriend just to make me feel cool but that totally ruin everything (I knew he played ringtone because he played the wrong one). I was able to keep my cool till this morning but I'm not sure how long I can keep up with me been cool and not addressing it. What do I do, should I just forget it or talk about it and start acting like a friend to him (it's just a 2months relationship)
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by IamD18: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2018
I hate ungrateful ladies. Who are you to detect to him what and how to address and discuss with his mother?

Are you his wife?

You should be happy he called you a friend, because from all indications, you are nothing to him but a sex-partner. Just a sex-partner.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by ScaffoldCON: 10:37am On Dec 11, 2018
I honestly don't think you should be upset.

Howevee, more importantly is how old your boyfriend is and if you've ever met his Mother before. If you have, then depending on what transpired when you met her, him telling her about you as his friend, Mummy will understand...

So, have you met his Mother before?

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by daben1(m): 10:38am On Dec 11, 2018
don't give yourself unnecessary high blood pressure.. even if you start acting like a "friend " to him, na you still lose

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by durubennie(m): 10:40am On Dec 11, 2018

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by sage101: 10:44am On Dec 11, 2018
Whats the FUSS about?

He is your BOY-FRIEND and YOU are his FRIEND.

Two of YOU are FRIENDS so what were You expecting him to say, Girlfriend?

Very daft mentality from a Non-Working Class Lady

If You like ACT like a Friend, its your pussy that will suffer it

Be Your own Boss Girl!!!

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by ShenTeh(m): 10:45am On Dec 11, 2018
Op, absolutely nothing wrong

You like drama! You are upset already because your bf addressed you as friend to his mum.

Be patient, meet his mum first, and next time he'd just say "Mum I'm with 'Jennifer' "

5 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by samysmoothfresh: 10:59am On Dec 11, 2018
ShenTeh:
Op, absolutely nothing wrong

You like drama! You are upset already because your bf addressed you as friend to his mum.

Be patient, meet his mum first, and next time he'd just say "Mum I'm with 'AshakeT' "

my wise niggah!!

10 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 11, 2018
This kind of insecurity can make a man run away from you. Were you guys not out together? What if it was another babe that called him? You would have thrown a fit and disgraced the both of you in public. Change your ways.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by Tamarapetty(f): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
Yall are not addressing the issue he faked another call to make her feel better. . . Is that right??

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by ponti93(m): 12:05pm On Dec 11, 2018
Just answer this question, if you are with your dad in the parlor and your boyfriend called and after talking with him and cutting the call, then your father asks you who was that on the phone with you, what will be your sincere answer?

11 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by lilmax(m): 12:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
from this write up I can tell you guys are still young

well,tell him to break up with you, case close
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
It's just a 2-month relationship, I'd say the same thing...you can't be so certain of the future.

4 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by BecaciaBarbie(f): 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Yall are not addressing the issue he faked another call to make her feel better. . . Is that right??
Very childish.... but we are no saints... I have done something like this too, not because I had bad intentions but just to make things right a little...atleast my thoughts then.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by punisha: 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
shocked

2 months old and u want to be given gf/wife title already.

Shebi that's how we saw one beating up his girlfriend in another thread because he thinks she's now his wife.

Aunty was collecting "entitled" beating.

Thank God this one is still seeing u as friend (which is even healthy at this stage assuming u ain't his sidechick)

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by DanDeeBoss(m): 12:26pm On Dec 11, 2018
ponti93:
Just answer this question, if you are with your dad in the parlor and your boyfriend called and after talking with him and cutting the call, then your father asks you who was that on the phone with you, what will be your sincere answer?
You will start hearing stuffs like "A classmate"..."A church member"....."A friend"

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by martolux(m): 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
The poor guy feared his dear life! grin
Tamarapetty:
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by MissRaine69(f): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
You are making a big deal out of nothing. He is under no obligation to even introduce you in the first instance.
Why are you behaving as if you are not aware of how Nigerian parents ( Most parents actually) perceive relationships?
Maybe he is not ready to tell his mother about you, I wouldn’t especially taking into consideration the way you behaved. You don’t force matters this is the problem with some of you women then you wonder why men lie?

8 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by Acidosis(m): 12:43pm On Dec 11, 2018
You're either a friend or a fiancee. Some very conventional and traditional Nigerian families do not entertain the word "girlfriend/boyfriend". The only thing that comes to mind when they hear that word is "sex", and they're right.

You should also consider his age. At a certain point in your life, you would never want to be associated with that word. I know some 40 year old men like Daddy Freeze still boldly associate with such but in some families, it is considered as the height of irresponsibility. At 40, the goal should be "grandpa" not boyfriend.

I'm not 40 yet but I will pick offence if I'm called boyfriend. Biko, if I've not qualified to be husband or fiance, then call me friend, or simply say we are dating/in a relationship. Leave the girlfriend/boyfriend thing for high school students. I'm a traditional man.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by Deckline(m): 12:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Yeye notu nig.Ltd. Wetin dey for the back of the girl? No be friend
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by MissRaine69(f): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
Tamarapetty:
He acted under duress she was being all histrionic so he tried to placate her not his best work I agree but he was backed into a corner.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by SmellingAnus(m): 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2018
Stop running faster than your shadow
... I think he is serious with you ... The only issue here is that he had to fake a call because of your insecurities... All the same address that aspect of him faking a call but take care of your insecurities or else even a sex doll will have better value than you in that relationship...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 1:22pm On Dec 11, 2018
I will tell him.my boyfriend called because eim grown enough to have one.

ponti93:
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 1:29pm On Dec 11, 2018
Sincerely speaking i'm not really bothered about the "friend" thing, he stammered about 3times before he could say "friend" and we were talking after the call but yes my countenace changed which to be sincere a lot of ladies would have acted upon but i didn't, it was just my countenance but the part that he frame a call was the one i didn't like.

SmellingAnus:
Stop running faster than your shadow
... I think he is serious with you ... The only issue here is that he had to fake a call because of your insecurities... All the same address that aspect of him faking a call but take care of your insecurities or else even a sex doll will have better value than you in that relationship...
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by goodnewscliff(m): 1:32pm On Dec 11, 2018
After dating for 8 months,, he should introduce ya as his wife ni...... Afonjaaa angry angry grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 1:33pm On Dec 11, 2018
I'm not forcing it to be honest, i didn't state there that i behaved irrational, i was calm but i didn't like that he framed a call, i didn't like it, i just want to know if i should address it or just let it pass

MissRaine69:
You are making a big deal out of nothing. He is under no obligation to even introduce you in the first instance.
Why are you behaving as if you are not aware of how Nigerian parents ( Most parents actually) perceive relationships?
Maybe he is not ready to tell his mother about you, I wouldn’t especially taking into consideration the way you behaved. You don’t force matters this is the problem with some of you women then you wonder why men lie?
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 1:35pm On Dec 11, 2018
Can you pass your advice without calling names? Shows what you are made off my dear working class man, for your info, i have a well paying job.

sage101:
Whats the FUSS about?

He is your BOY-FRIEND and YOU are his FRIEND.

Two of YOU are FRIENDS so what were You expecting him to say, Girlfriend?

Very daft mentality from a Non-Working Class Lady

If You like ACT like a Friend, its your pussy that will suffer it

Be Your own Boss Girl!!!

Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by techking: 1:47pm On Dec 11, 2018
Heheheh tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by AshakeT: 2:17pm On Dec 11, 2018
Ungrateful ladies ��, wait, you think he's doing me a favour by been in a relationship with me? You wrote a good English but alas you are empty

IamD18:
I hate ungrateful ladies. Who are you to detect to him what and how to address and discuss with his mother?

Are you his wife?

You should be happy he called you a friend, because from all indications, you are nothing to him but a sex-partner. Just a sex-partner.
Re: My Boyfriend Told His Mum I'm His Friend by izaray(f): 2:19pm On Dec 11, 2018
Were you expecting the guy to address you as his fiancee

In a two months relationship that you two are not even sure of next month self, smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fleeting Pleasures (Viewers Discretion) / Name Your Biggest Weakness In Life? / List Of Things Your Wife Should Never Pay For (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.