Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing (1684 Views)

Canadian Deputy High Commission - Trv - Visitor Visa / Uk Visitor Visa / Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MrsOyibo(f): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2010
Hello All,

My mother-in-law, brother-in-law and sister-in-law applied for visiting visas in January this year with the intention of spending Easter in London with us. Their application was refused and we subsequently appealed. We received a letter from the Immigration Tribunal telling us that the appeal would be heard in October. However, a few weeks ago my mother-in-law received a call asking her to attend the British HC in Abuja. She went with her 2 children last week and was told that their machine was out of order. All 3 passports were collected and they were asked to collect them on the 18th August from the HC in Lagos.

Does this mean that they've changed their mind and have decided to grant them their visas? Find it all very confusing!

Thanks in advance :-)
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by snowdrops(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
i believe you should start popping the champagne bottles.

the signs are good.
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MrsOyibo(f): 9:48pm On Aug 04, 2010
Thanks for ur reply Snowdrops. I hope ur right!
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by sjam(f): 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
yes sounds like you'vde won your appeal otherwise you would have got a letter saying that you havre lost and they wouldnt take your passports for that! Congrats!
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MrsOyibo(f): 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2010
We're really hoping that their visas will be granted but don't you think it's strange that Immigration Tribunal sent my husband and I a letter saying that the appeal would be heard in London in October with us present and that then the HC just called my in-laws out of the blue requesting their passports?
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by coolier(f): 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2010
Not strange. See below on Immigration and Asylum Chambers:

What happens when an appeal is lodged?

When the IAC has recorded your appeal they will send a Notice of Receipt to the visa section that refused your application. You should enclose all additional supporting documentation with your appeal. When the visa section receives the Notice of Receipt, an Entry Clearance Manager (ECM) will review the decision to refuse your application in light of your Notice of Appeal and any supporting documents. If the ECM is then satisfied that your application meets the Immigration Rules, the original decision may be overturned, and entry clearance issued.

If the ECM does not overturn the decision, an ECO will write a statement to explain why the ECM decided to uphold the decision to refuse your application. This will be sent with all your papers (the appeal bundle) to the IAC. The appeal bundle will be prepared and sent to the IAC within 20 working days for non-settlement cases and family visit cases. For settlement cases, the papers will be prepared and sent within 60 working days. These timings exclude postage and times to or from the visa section.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf19appeals#21760675
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by temodent(m): 8:43am On Aug 06, 2010
Yes it is possible for you to be expecting a hearing date and still be called to receive your visa. What would happened is that as soon as you get to the embassy you'll be asked to fill an appeal withdraal form if they've not filled it yet as you mentioned they've been to the embassy, they definitely would fill when next they visit.
They would issued their visas and the appeal withdrawal form would be sent to the tribunal.
Obviusly what had happened is that when the appeal paper got to the visa manager at the embassy they would have reviewed they ground of refusal by the clearance officer and found it not solid enough so what they've done is an administrative review. Meanwhile bravo, be expecting your relatives soonest.
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MrsOyibo(f): 6:58pm On Aug 18, 2010
Hi guys. Just wanted to thank you all for your advice and let you know that my in-laws collected their passports from the HC today - complete with visa :-) WOOHOO!!!
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by usewisdom: 12:05am On Aug 19, 2010
Congrats !!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by sjam(f): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
woop woop woop! cool wink grin
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by chelseabmw(m): 3:12am On Aug 21, 2010
Pls i need a bottle of moet from u

cheers!
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by OmoAlata(f): 2:25pm On Aug 21, 2010
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MrsOyibo(f): 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2010
Thanks so much for your kind wishes guys x
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by MsFA: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Gudafternoon,please am so confused needs your advise sersly/urgently....want to travel to the Uk but i earn 60k wia i work,but my friend that;s inviting me ask me to get any sponsor in nigeria that'll use the person acct statement ,letter of intent,my own employee leeter,payslip n also statement of acct plus her own document too in uk...please are all this document necessary or not?
Re: Uk Visitor Visa - Confusing by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2013

(1)

Any Nairalander In Freetown Sierra Leon.pls Its Urgent / PHOTO: The 10 Largest Airports In The World As Seen From Above / How Do I Locate An Address In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.