Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,110 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

48noble's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 48noble's Profile / 48noble's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 63 pages)

Politics / NLC Hails Conditions For States To Access New Paris Club Refund by 48noble(m): 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
NLC hails conditions for states to access new Paris Club Refund

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Abuja

Menu

NLC hails conditions for states to access new Paris Club Refund

September 16, 2018Agency Report

The President of the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, Ayuba Wabba. [Photo credit: Pulse.ng]

Related News

EXCLUSIVE: Second Paris Club Loan Refund: Nigerian govt to make tougher demands on states – Adeosun

Paris Club Refund: Nigerian govt gives conditions for payment of balance to states

Why Nigerian govt cannot disclose details of Paris Club refund yet - Adeosun

Senate to consider probing propriety of bailout funds to states

How states utilised Paris Club refund - Survey

The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has commended the federal government on its directives to the states to account for the previous Paris Club Refund released to them before being given the last tranche.

Ayuba Wabba, NLC president, gave the commendation in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Sunday in Abuja.

It would be recalled that federal government had approved $2.68 billion as final payment to states for the Paris Club Refund.

The federal government also directed the states to account for how the Paris Club refund released to them were utilised before being given the last tranche.

Some of the conditions are that salaries and staff-related arrears must be paid as a priority; and that there must be commitment by all states to the commencement of the repayment of budget support loans granted in 2016.

Other conditions include clearing of amounts due to the Presidential Fertilizer Initiative, among others.

According to him, “clearly speaking, it is a step in the right direction and it should not end there.

“We should know the outcome and how many states have been able to meet up with that requirement.

“We have said so clearly. If you want to entrench the principle of good governance, accountability and transparency must be our watchword.

“The federal government directives on the Paris Club refund should not just end with mere words but with action, as a lot of stories of how the other trenches have been utilised are circulating,’’ the NLC boss said.

He said that the ICPC report on the utilisation of the first tranche of bail-out fund should be revisited and implemented to the latter.

Mr Wabba also noted that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had openly made allegation on how some people used the bail-out to purchase hotels and also transferred part of it to Bureau de change.

“We cannot sweep those issues under the carpet and think that the issue of corruption and diversion of public funds will be addressed.

“That is clearly our challenge in this country, and not lack of resources. The truth is that this country has enormous resources, but they are diverted.

“The fight against corruption cannot be limited to the centre. It must go to the hinterland, to the local government, the states and even the private sector,” Nr Wabba said.

He added that government directive should not just end as a statement, but should be followed up to its logical conclusion.

“There should be action and we should be able to know those states that have done such things.

“ICPC did a good job on the first tranche of bail-out that was released and came up with a report, disclosing those states where those funds were diverted.

“We have also called on the government and the anti graft agencies to make sure that the report is followed up and those people brought to book, but nothing has happened.

“We have states that did not access the bailout and yet they are paying salaries, pension and gratuity as and when due so it is not a matter of paucity of funds,’’ Mr Wabba said.

(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/283965-nlc-hails-conditions-for-states-to-access-new-paris-club-refund.html
Sports / Re: Mikel Obi Cuddling His Daughter, Mia by 48noble(m): 7:43am On Sep 16, 2018
feels so sweet to let ur baby sleep on ur body

32 Likes 1 Share

Foreign Affairs / Re: Italy Faults France For Gaddafi's Downfall And Migrant Crisis by 48noble(m): 6:10pm On Sep 15, 2018
they have rebuild Libya
Family / Re: My Wife Had An Affair!! by 48noble(m): 4:57pm On Sep 15, 2018
Taylor430:
Thanks a lot to everyone who has shared his/her opinion and I was able to gain a thing or two from you guys.

She is 26. She is a year older than I am and we started as secondary school sweet hearts. The thing is we have always been together all our adult lives. I don’t understand why some people are saying I didn’t let her enjoy her youth. She is the only woman I have ever had an intercourse with and I try my best to make sure we always communicate about these things.

She called her mom today and she explained everything to her mom. Well I don’t know what was said but she called me to inform me she is coming to our house and she was pleading with me on the phone. I don’t want to involve my mom yet because she loves me and she will fight tooth and nail to make sure this get messy.

I have been here thinking if I don’t have my daughter, the decision would have been very easy to make. I know no matter how I try my decision will surely affect my daughter. She will have to live with my mom because I have to work. I believe no one can ever take care of her like I would.

I have packed my bags and I’m ready to leave the country for a month so I can find peace. Will I ever find peace again. My heart is shattered! I don’t know how long this has been going on! She would go have sex with him and come back home to kiss my daughter and I.

I saw some people on your platform advise me to submit myself for STI/STD. Well I will be doing that but I have treated myself for STI three times this year. I wondered how I got them. I trusted my wife and I thought she got it from a public toilet. I was stupid and blind.

the time u both agreed to marry no one was there...now that u have serious trust issues...I suggest u bring that cheating brat to a round table with u and make her accept a new deal because of the child. make her understand d following terms clearly..

!. u can never trust her again.

2. she has to leave your house to give you time to heal(quiet separation) she can go with d child if d child wants to follow her...

3. She is never to near u or ur house without ur permission. this arrangement is to be held until ur child starts secondary SCH. then u guys will now official discuss divorce. ur daughter being in school Dormitory makes it a lot easier for u.

GC. never live under d same roof with an adulterous wife... most women think with d pussy and always protects their good dic.k against all odds. ask her why? she will tell u,' I love him'.

1 Like 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Lady Cries Out After Finding Eight Fishes Inside The Can Of Sardine She Bought. by 48noble(m): 7:03am On Sep 10, 2018
I'm going to order sardines from jumia to confirm dis gist

1 Like

Nairaland / General / Re: Nigerian Banks Are Systematically Cheating Us All by 48noble(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2018
good campaign against fraud
Politics / Re: APC Party Primaries Timetable by 48noble(m): 5:09am On Sep 05, 2018
they are paying for military backup upfront
Politics / Re: APC Presidential, Gov Aspirants To Pay N45m, N22.5m For Forms by 48noble(m): 5:05am On Sep 05, 2018
they are paying for d military backup...
Health / Re: South Africa Bans Doggy Style During Sex (Photo) by 48noble(m): 1:47pm On Sep 02, 2018
Airforce1:
What is sex without doggy undecided

who can arrest u in ur own bed room? she will!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Politics / Re: I Can’t Pay N55m Nomination Fee - Buhari To APC by 48noble(m): 7:20am On Sep 02, 2018
Somebody should come up with the bill for an act to regulate the activities of Nigeria political parties ...

*** no political party should sale their nomination and expression of interest form above #500k...

32 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Re: Most APC Governors Is Afraid Of Direct Primaries Says Sen Shehu Sani by 48noble(m): 6:41am On Sep 02, 2018
shehu sani u will not go back to Senate

1 Like 1 Share

Romance / Re: When A Man Is H0rny (meme Collections) by 48noble(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2018
Tamarapetty:
Dry pass sahara desert.
jealousy is a very bad thing ...stop it
Celebrities / Re: Seyi Law Shares Adorable Photo Of Grown Up Daughter, Funke Akindele React by 48noble(m): 6:01am On Sep 01, 2018
I remembered d day seyilaw jokingly kissed k8hnshaw...and this chic get chics
Celebrities / Re: 19-Year-Old Fan Woos Ifu Ennada (PHOTO) by 48noble(m): 5:55am On Sep 01, 2018
somebody cannot toast u in peace again... o'ya boyfriend ursef nah

101 Likes

Crime / Re: Lady Narrates How She Was Raped By Cultists In Her First Year In University by 48noble(m): 5:49am On Sep 01, 2018
raped twice...u don't mean it!
Education / Re: What Is The Simplest Word You Forgot To Spell In An Exam Hall? by 48noble(m): 8:15am On Aug 31, 2018
I lost it one day couldn't spell...'circumstance' for almost 9 minutes

54 Likes

Politics / Re: Theresa May Visit Exposes Buhari's Incompetency, Low Level Of Leadership - PDP by 48noble(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2018
APC and their buhari...lack direction, vision..worst than a blind man

5 Likes

Sports / Re: Modric Wins UEFA Player Of The Year Ahead Of Ronaldo And Salah by 48noble(m): 7:16am On Aug 31, 2018
Education / Re: UNIOSUN Post UTME Screening Result 2018/2019 Is Out – Check Here by 48noble(m): 7:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
what is keeping August faac?
Fashion / Re: The Search Is On..... Who Becomes Little Miss Globe Queen 2018 by 48noble(m): 7:03pm On Aug 30, 2018
Celebrities / Re: Checkout The Hilarious Twitter Reactions From Nigerians As Davido Resumes NYSC by 48noble(m): 7:01pm On Aug 30, 2018
Politics / Re: 2019: “i’m All Out For Free & Fair Election” – Buhari Assures UK PM by 48noble(m): 7:00pm On Aug 30, 2018
Politics / Re: Ex-dss Boss To Be Reinstated Soon by 48noble(m): 6:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
6what is keeping August faac?

1 Like

Properties / Re: e by 48noble(m): 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Romance / Re: My New Girl Friend Is A Sex Freak by 48noble(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2018

1 Like

Sports / Re: Modric Wins UEFA Player Of The Year Ahead Of Ronaldo And Salah by 48noble(m): 6:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
Politics / Re: President Buhari Travels To China Tomorrow by 48noble(m): 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
Politics / Re: APC NEC Approves Direct Primaries At National & Indirect Primary At State Level by 48noble(m): 6:49pm On Aug 30, 2018
ITbomb:
FAAC don disappear again?
tell me if u have seen it
Politics / Re: APC NEC Approves Direct Primaries At National & Indirect Primary At State Level by 48noble(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2018
what's that have to do with the disappeared August FAAC

1 Like

Politics / Re: PDP Presidential Aspirants Meet, Sign MOU To Support Whoever Wins The Primaries by 48noble(m): 8:38am On Aug 30, 2018
what is keeping August FAAC ?
NYSC / Re: Davido Shares Picture As He Resumes NYSC Today by 48noble(m): 5:17pm On Aug 28, 2018
when will Chioma serve...nysc will break this relationship...
Romance / Re: Bizarre!!! Bride Calls Off Wedding Just 4 Days Away For This Shocking Reason by 48noble(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2018
oluwaraji:
A canadian woman named Susan has shocked the world by cancelling her wedding which was only for days away for a bizarre reason.

She shared her story online and according to her, she started a relationship with her husband-to-be now her ex at the young age of 14 years old,she got engaged to him at age 18 and they even have a son together when she clocked 20.

Susan from her young age claimed she wanted an extravagant marriage and both of them had saved up to $15k for their wedding and were expecting cash gifts that would sum up all total money to $60k.

However, she has called off her wedding with her age long boyfriend because he had other ideas. The husband wanted a wedding not as elaborate as that because of financial constraints which got on the wrong side of Susan. The husband-to-be reason was because friends and guests didn't give them cash gifts as they were only able to raise a measly $250 for their wedding as cash gifts.

She immediately blocked off her friends and family who tried to talk her to considering her fiance wedding type and declared she would be off internet until December.

She shared her story on facebook and she has been receiving backlash with some regarding her as crazy

Source : http://www.ofoforush.com/2018/08/bizarre-bride-calls-off-wedding-just-4.html?m=1

follow your dreams

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 63 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.