Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,396 members, 7,954,575 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:10 PM

Can You Describe Your Job? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Describe Your Job? (39173 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Samsomind(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2008
I'm a web developer and video/film editor. And boy! I really luv what i do cos' i enjoy it. I work as an enterprenuer, sometimes on Freeelance basis too.
My work is challenging and fun as it demands creativity and the use of skills. I can't think of something better!
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by sholasys: 8:48pm On Jul 19, 2008
I work in oil servicing company (drilling company). I am a certified network administrator, SAP consultant and Surface Tech Engineer. If i start writing my job description here, i bet you i will used the entire nairaland memory space. You can see i specialized on three independent fields which i acquired training on all. I am posting no w 20:00 GMT at the offshore platform (Rig) doing the work of a surface tech Eng. This is IT related and had to do with MSC sensors with an interface that communicate with the down hole tools. I love my Job bc it makes me close to the top management staff and mix with diff companies, expatriate (white guys). You know ITC is fun. catch yaaaaa.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by coldwater(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2008
sholasys:

I work in oil servicing company (drilling company). I am a certified network administrator, SAP consultant and Surface Tech Engineer. If i start writing my job description here, i bet you i will used the enter nairaland memory space. You can see i specialized on three independent fields which i acquired training on all. I am posting no w 20:00 GMT at the offshore platform (Rig) doing the work of a surface tech Eng. This is IT related and had to do with MSC sensors with an interface that communicate with the down hole tools. I love my Job bc it makes me close to the top management staff and mix with diff companies, expatriate (white guys). You know ITC is fun. catch yaaaaa.

i work in similar field too. which of the oil field are you now? Bonga, Agbami, Akpo?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by sholasys: 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2008
@ coldwater
I am at Usari 41c (The rig name is Ed-Noble) Exxon Mobil Job. Is too much. Do u work on SAP or Surface Tech ? How come u do the same job am doing ?
I base in PH. where are you ?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by IdeyVex1(m): 12:32am On Jul 20, 2008
Describe my job?

I chase bottles! Pure and simple
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by PiMpjUiCe1: 7:27pm On Jul 20, 2008
i unlock phones. sell and fix laptops. I love my job cause if u dont love this kind of job u will so get in trouble, and i love that am an entrepreneur cos it allows me to stretch myself and doesnt limit my reativity. i can think and tryout great things without any oga looking over my shoulder.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by begood1: 1:13pm On Jul 21, 2008
I work as an Immigration Support Officer for a multinational oil servicing company.
I love my job, its includes

Preparing and scanning and sending to expatriates
obtaining multiple re-entry visas for expats who just entered Nigeria
Obtaining of green card/residence permit for expats
Follow up with embassies on visa matters for proposed personnel abroad
Updating of expatriate database
Liaising with expatriates/administrators in returning their passports after processing.
Assisting in expatriates queries on visa/immigration related matters
Preparation of Monthly Quota Analysis
Assist in Preparation of Monthly Returns to the Nigeria Immigration service for stamping
Monitoring and Preparation of Expiring Visa list showing expatriates whose visas are about to expire.

talking to various embassies abroad widens up my knowledge as well as
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by oboyrazy: 8:07pm On Jul 21, 2008
hey Gamine, WHAT DO U MEAN BY A FRONTDESK PERSON
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by balleriina(f): 9:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
Well I'm a silver service waitress at St George's Hall and Liverpool Town Hall, the queen came round lol POSHHHH
Then I waitress at Aintree Racecourse home of the John Smiths Grand national
And I waitress at Liverpool football stadium smiley - well starting September like lol

Job interview for a Nursing home wednesday, wish me luck? lol

Overall I'm a student grin
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Gamine(f): 11:22pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Oboyrazy

Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Caliente(m): 12:00pm On Jul 22, 2008
[size=13pt]Where your handwork? plenty plenty dey for naija. I run a guest house. When I was in sss 1, I saw my business studies teacher come to the guest house. She didn't recognise me and she did her thing[/size]
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by sesethu(f): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2008
i am a nurse.i love my job because theres no greater feeling than the way i feel watching someone who came in and couldnt walk,talk and is now healed and the smile on their family faces.theres nothing like it. smiley
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2008
I get PAID jus for walkin n smiling
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by randa(m): 3:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
i am a lecturer in one of the tertiary instituitions in north central nigeria. my job entails teaching students course from computer arts and computer aided design to general drawing and basic design. i also consult for printing houses based on design quality and aesthetics for hardcopies. i want to retire early and go into the multimedia world
would be travelling to malaysia soon to that effect ( one of the benefits for working for the federal government
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by asabie(f): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2008
me iam a hair stylist, i love beautifying people, but at the moment i work as a secretary to the acting managing director of a pharmaceutical company. it's fun too. kiss
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by christie07(f): 6:43am On Jul 23, 2008
i'm a medical student
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Eclairs: 12:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
@question?
YES
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by peteroby(m): 5:27pm On Jul 23, 2008
iam a security expert,i provide services including VIP protection,event security,back-ground check,investigations,security drivers and tour guide.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Gamine(f): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2008
Peteroby you dey funkify your job.

Just say you be Mai Guard, nothing do you ooh
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by mekahenry(m): 3:51pm On Jul 24, 2008
am a fine art graduate , i f i seen any auditioning for musicians , cause i got the voice for rhythm and blues or classical voices
then comedian , the main thing is all about painting
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by 74071688(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2008
i am a JIGOLO!!

i accompany sugar mummies to functions and parties

i get paid generously in kind, cash and flesh!! grin
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Pittbaby(f): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2008
I am a global sourcing projects manager , anyone want to guess what that means , My challange to you all
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2008
Pittbaby:

I am a global sourcing projects manager , anyone want to guess what that means , My challange to you all

You coach the procurement personnel of your firm in each geographic location the best practice for sourcing to ensure that your firm minimises cost?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Mustay(m): 9:17am On Jul 25, 2008
Gamine:

Peteroby you dey funkify your job.

Just say you be Mai Guard, nothing do you ooh

lmao grin grin grin

You never know maybe hez the guard at your work cheesy
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Pittbaby(f): 11:47am On Jul 25, 2008
You coach the procurement personnel of your firm in each geographic location the best practice for sourcing to ensure that your firm minimises cost?

@Sagamite

Close but i dont coach, I do global procurement on Low cost countries in Africa , Asia and Europe.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by amababy(f): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ Caliente
Where your handwork? plenty plenty dey for naija. I run a guest house. When I was in sss 1, I saw my business studies teacher come to the guest house. She didn't recognise me and she did her thing

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Na wa 4 youooooo! which kind comedian u b sef? u got me cracking like there's no 2moro, abeg take am easyoo.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Ebonyj(f): 1:44pm On Jul 25, 2008
Performance Manager- Montoring performance of projects being carried out within some of the departments e.g HR, Procurement, E & I etc
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2008
Ebonyj:

Performance Manager- Montoring performance of projects being carried out within some of the departments e.g HR, Procurement, E & I etc

Is this in the public or private sector?

Is it by setting the metrics (financial, process & systems, customer etc) for strategic goals or is it for specific processes of the departments?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by tinuk: 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2008
i can't describe my job 'co i don't av any
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Gamine(f): 11:49pm On Jul 27, 2008
Your Job na Job lest next
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by sammyjl(f): 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2008
I'm an Administrative Assistant working at the International Training Centre on HIV. We deal with countries that are most hit by HIV/AIDS in the developing world, by providing health facilites and health programms. kiss
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by zarazara: 11:55am On Jul 29, 2008
Yes I write stories, I tell stories, I create stories - some of you know these stories as 'news'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IT Professionals' Salary In Nigeria? / Dehlia Umunna Appointed Clinical Professor Of Law At Harvard Law School (Photo) / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.