Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Can You Describe Your Job? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can You Describe Your Job? (38962 Views)

9 Smart Ways To Say No To Your Boss Without Losing Your Job / 4 Better Ways To Answer "Why Are You Leaving Your Job?" / 11 Signs That You Should Leave Your Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Mcleo007(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2011
Sagamite:

You are a consultant on fashion?

You are sure you are one?

Of course I am. Btw, what's with the way u put ur questions? Sounds etchy to me.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2011
Mcleo007:

Of course I am. Btw, what's with the way u put your questions? Sounds etchy to me.

'Of course' you are? Who do you consult to?

Are you sure you want to hear the reason I am asking, because in this kind of situation, there is only one way I can deliver that answer and is effing harsh.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Mcleo007(m): 11:25am On Aug 07, 2011
Alright sire.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Aug 07, 2011
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Wallie(m): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2012
I'm a Patent Attorney with a background in electrical engineering and I represent clients with intellectual property. If you need help with writing, licensing, prosecuting, and analyzing patents, trademarks and copyrights in the US, look me up.

I deal with patents involving electronics, touch pads, LCDs, LEDs, computer algorithm modules, protocols, semiconductor devices and structures, communication devices, transmitters, receivers, phase interpolators, coding schemes, system designs, medical devices, mechanical devices etc

I can pretty much prosecute everything except chemical and biological arts.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by yamakuza: 4:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
^ Nice to see you made the cross over.

Do you miss Systems Programming?

Anyone else changed careers since they made their initial post?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Wallie(m): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2012
yamakuza:

^ Nice to see you made the cross over.

Do you miss Systems Programming?

Anyone else changed careers since they made their initial post?

Thanks but I still miss the satisfaction that comes from seeing your engineering solution in a product.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by mamasy: 3:45pm On Feb 25, 2012
Used to be with a telecoms coy. Buh now, im proud to say m free, I do interlocking and deliver to buyers, Kinda hectic for a lady, buh m glad m free. I kan travel weneva i wish to and still have my daily bread.lol
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by mkmyers45(m): 8:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
I am Nigeria's Youngest Mining & Metals Professional and very proud
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by orekinky: 12:06am On Mar 18, 2012
Am a builder /interior designer.
I love my job very much ever since I decided to make it formal in year 2008 I have no regrets cos I take up renovation for individual clients, do know much about aluminium jobs especially partitition,etc.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by sp2002(m): 3:04pm On Mar 22, 2012
MY NAME IS ABIMBOLA TAJUDEEN, A POULTY EXPERT AND LAND CONSULTANT OPERATING IN LAGOS STATE
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by yemmight(m): 3:41pm On Mar 22, 2012
Did anybody ask you for your name?
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by yogun(f): 6:59pm On Mar 24, 2012
I work Front desk with an Advertising Agency with abt 6yrs experience. D pay is ok over 2m per annum inclusive of benefits. I completed M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ 1st deg on d job, studied History & Strategic Studies. I need to do sometin diff to earn ɑ̈ living but as regards work hours i can't give in more than i A̶̲̥̅̊ṁ̭̥̈̅̄ at d moment cos of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ hubby & lil girl.

In all it is ɑ̈ fantastic job & organization. I'm thinking of pursuing ɑ̈ career path in Admin or Media in d same organization given d chance as M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Boss is awaiting M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ sch result for further evaluation & upgrade.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Nobody: 6:25am On Apr 11, 2012
I am an electrical engineer and involved in the Building Services engineering industry.My job entails working with technicians to provide electrical fittings and electricity to buildings(mostly industrial and commercial buildings). The pay is not so good cos expatriates get the job and outsource it to us. I enjoy the job but my eyes are open to other vistas. I also enjoy the art of interpreting schematics correctly and spotting mistakes.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Fehyih: 9:08pm On Apr 13, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Internetcash1(f): 10:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
I build a professional website.

You. can come to our office at 587 Abeokuta Express Road Opp DHL office Awori b/stop, Alagbado Lagos. Or call 08038003412 thanks.
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by metalliccards(f): 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
A person’s business card can be considered one of the most important marketing tools that he has. With it, you are giving you contact information to potential clients or existing customers to make them loyal. In order for the business card to do its desired job, it must be professional, attractive and memorable.

This can be certainty if you make sure you follow a set of rules. For starters, your logo must be simple and symbolic to your company’s services and the industry that is associated with. Placing your website and email is a must. People will be searching for a website where to look for more information about you and your business and also for an email if they want to contact you. If you’re missing these two, you would better keep the cards to yourself, cause handing them to people would be useless.

It is important for your card to be attractive and memorable. Try to think about the fact that some people receive hundreds of business cards from various individuals and they rarely remember any of them. Making your business card memorable is really important. I ve several tesifiers whom tells me about how there metallic complimentry/name/call/business card made them outstand. so i taught to myself ARAMIDE why nt tell nairalanders what an outstanding complimentry card cld do for them 1)when u give ur business card 2 ur client despite several cards they ve in there wallet once ur service is required ur card will OUTSTAND 2)ur card speaks of ur quality & class of service 3) its a great weapon of marketing 4) it attract attention& showcases personality. Below are samples of metallic cards& how it looks after printed on. enquires call 09090030295
Re: Can You Describe Your Job? by Nobody: 7:16am On Feb 23, 2015
Sagamite:

Hey jay bee,

Thanks for the stuff.

Good thing I asked for it as my investment bank employers have been slammed out by the credit crunch debacle.

I have had to look for a new role and guess what, the role I have been offered is in Strategic Planning using Balanced Scorecard to align business activities to the strategy of the organization and monitor organization performance against strategic goals.

What coincidence?

Cheers.

Interesting to see someone who actually uses Balanced Scorecard for business strategy purposes. I used to think it was more theoretical than practical.

Briany saga cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs / Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.