Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,364 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

How To Date A Coworker - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Date A Coworker (419 Views)

My Coworker De Gi Mi Bwess Like No Other / Fokd My Coworker� / Me And My Female Coworker(what Could This Mean Please) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Date A Coworker by lovetherapist: 9:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
If you're crushing on a colleague, you're not alone: A CareerBuilder.com survey found that 40 percent of workers have dated someone on the job during their career, proving that it's a hookup hot spot, albeit one with parameters. Just coupled up with a coworker like Glee costars Lea Michele and Cory Monteith or are thinking about making a move? Check out our advice for turning a flirtation into a potential relationship.

TESTING THE WATERS
It's a good idea to suss out whether your work crush has the hots for you too. Some tip-offs: If he starts hanging around your work space a lot or asks you to grab lunch or after-work drinks, says Stephanie Losee, coauthor of Office Mate.
It's also promising if he's in an unrelated department yet asks your opinion on a project of his — it indicates that he is looking for an excuse to talk to you and values your opinion, notes Losee.
You can do your own digging by jokingly saying, "Everyone thinks we're seeing each other, ha-ha. Crazy, right?" If he casts a wide grin or seems into the idea, the coast is clear to start flirting and see what happens.

AVOID GETTING BUSTED
Once you've gotten together (we know you'll get this thing moving), keep that info on the DL. "If it turns out to be a two-week fling, nobody needs to know about it," says Helaine Olen, coauthor of Office Mate. And monitor how often you bring him up. Olen says coworkers often guess something is going on when one person mentions the other too frequently. For example, "Here's that report...John helped with the graphics" or "Where'd you go for lunch? Oh, John loves that place."
But if you were chummy before, don't ignore him now — that draws more attention than the occasional friendly moments does. No matter how covert you are, people are likely to catch on, but there's no need to broadcast it.

(1) (Reply)

Please i need seriously help / You Can Handle A Dominating Husband In Your Narriage & Relationship This Way / Every Ex Gf Who Curses Me Becomes Unfortunate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.