Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,599 members, 7,823,608 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) - Politics (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) (117716 Views)

2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates) / 2019 Presidential Election Debate (Live Updates) / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naijaseeker: 9:54am On Dec 15, 2018
buharitill2023:
why don't you go and be stranded in desert or are feeding fat from oil and tax money?
If we should all go and be stranded in desert because we are not feeding fat from oil and tax money,
Who will now remain in Nigeria.
Or you also encourage children of 16-19yrs to be taken girls pant to make money or kill their own money for ritual because they are not feeding fat from oil and tax money.

The difference is, I have empathy for these poor people. I understand their pains. I understand why a girl will risk being stranded on the desert rather than seeing her siblings and parents starve? Do you?

It is very easy to preach and forget the four other fingers point back at you. If I am the President of Nigeria, I will empathize with them. I will encourage them to come back and I will try to find a solution to them. I will not say, well if their parents cannot pay their school fees, hard luck to them. I will understand that some people' livelihood, culture, tradition and history are affected by the oil drilling I use to fly abroad to do chemo, treat my boy's youthful exuberant bike accident while most of them hard working cannot afford a meal. Osibanjo understood all these, that's why when he spoke to the militants they dropped their arms.

But we all know the Vice Presidents are all puppets in Nigeria's real politics

The question to you is, will you empathize with them?

Many of us are lucky, we manage to survive, leave very well and without oil money or government support. However, when you are within that category, please you do not have the luxury of arrogance. You must have empathy. You are surviving on our tax and oil money. APC generally lack these.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by GBAREN: 10:12am On Dec 15, 2018
naunasabi:

It seems those guys complaining about Obi's figures are paid political trolls.

They're paid political trolls and the MOD is backing them, because Gare has been banned why the other person is still masturbating all over the thread, you keep banning our PDP strong supporters and give room to APC rascals

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by buharitill2023: 10:16am On Dec 15, 2018
naunasabi:

Please fear Allah. I can assure you that all the past and present government have failed Nigerians and have performed below expectations.

But saying that the last administration didn't do 1km of road in 16 years is a bold face lie.

ask akpabio and Sullivan chime,or umahi and chekwas,
Because if I say you should ask fashola and ameachi, you will me accused me be insensitive or I'm be biased.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naijaseeker: 10:19am On Dec 15, 2018
IFearGod:
I agree with you absolutely! We all know that we are not where we're supposed to be but we aren't far off. It's a case of in the absence of none, let's not go back to where we are coming from. It's crystal clear that Atiku doesn't have anything to offer, we can't afford to go back. He's just being drive by his exuberance to be in power; of course he's a known fugitive and was part of the clique that destroyed our economy. He sold many of our companies to his cronies, and bastardized the system. In fact, it's a case of anybody but Atiku/PDP.

So which is better: continue making progress while we reduce corruption to the barest minimum or go back to the era of #stealing is not corruption mantra; where the economy was in the hands of the few? The choice is ours!

I have not seen the progress and I know we are not fighting corruption. I will politely refer you to this link where Datti Baba Ahmed explained it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQvnYpAOk4

You may also watch this on the progress of the administration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7mg_322d4

In what ways is this administration fighting corruption please? Is it the Grass cutting contract? Is it the money found at Ikoyi that all enquiries simply disappeared? Is it the same type of NNPC $2-20 Billion allegation (used against Jonathan also), is it the Tucano Jets obtained without due process, tender and approval? Is it the non constituted board of the BPP?

Only a person taken over by silly drama will believe either EFCC, DSS (that do not understand its functions) , ICPC have the competence to fight corruption. I prefer watching Comedy Central than these clowns who fight among themselves

Where are we making progress? In the loss of jobs, devaluation of Naira, fight against Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, increasing ethnic divide and intolerance. The truth is, many people believe that former administrations while corrupt have being more realistic of Nigera's position and accommodating than someone who rather than mourn with slain Tivs warn them not to attack Fulanis and keep making excuses for Fulanis. Someone whose first public statement is to tell SS people in response to a question on erosion and polution that he will implement a 97:5 percent reality in administration based on voting reality.

My dear, truly, where is the progress headed.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:21am On Dec 15, 2018
GBAREN:

They're paid political trolls and the MOD is backing them, because Gare has been banned why the other person is still masturbating all over the thread, you keep banning our PDP strong supporters and give room to APC rascals
Chai, he is in pains! wink cheesy
Keep fighting yourself while no one know if you even exist.
This is what hatred for your President can cause sha.
Shame. grin
Doh....
Better go back to your romance section boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naijaseeker: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2018
oyoikire:
naira that lost value was caused by pdp stealing. Tell your people to return all dollars stolen back to treasury and see if naira will not appreciate. Jonathan and crooks stole dollars in foreign exchange from 45 to 28 because of election and you are expecting naira have value is lie. It will take some or longer period to bounce back. Businesses were closing down is a lie from pdp. Many have closed down before the election, thanks to the nature of works am doing because I knew many company that was no more in operation before the election. Many of the construction company were been owed and started packing their load before buari came in but remember that he pay them 442! Immediately he bacame the president o move them back to site. Jobs wre been lost is another propaganda by pdp. You can't compare apc that pay attention to infra structural development like roads and rials not to engage many people into one job or another. Farming has also created a lot of jobs for youth of this country more than the time of pdp. Social intervention funds like N power has created a lot of jobs for the youth compare to the time of pdp.first gold refinery will son come up, it has been launched yesterday. Just to mention a view

I thought we have recovered the stolen Abacha money. By the way, our dear President is not yet sure if Abacha stole money, but he knows he has recovered them. When he is certain, maybe Naira will improve. I also thought JAMB, Customs, and FIRS have made so much money in trillions through transparency. I forgot, billions have being borrowed from China, and the ECA was shared to the states. How come the contractors are still owed, the jobs have not yet returned, the foreign reserve has gone lower, naira has lost more value and depression is more.

And the N power is probably creating the jobs in the North as the World Bank was specifically asked to target the North. I forgot, Southerners are sooo very rich and the loans will be paid off from the oil discovered up North.

Eshe o
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by ezkimow(m): 10:40am On Dec 15, 2018
buharitill2023:
from 112m in 2014 when oil was selling at $120/barrel to 87m in 2016 when oil was selling at $30 even during recession,
And today is less than 80m poor people.
Is that not a great achievement?

And yet we now the poverty capital of the world, do u still believe what comes out of the mouth of this administration,
At your own peril my brother

*Osinbajo yesterday said, Nigeria is now producing 98% of our rice demands
*Buhari said Boko Haram were technically defeated
*APC administration said we were no longer paying subsidy
*Buhari once said Abacha never stole any money
....................i'm tired sef... Not to even mention the numerous lies by
*Oga Lai Moh*

So if they telling me now that the poverty level went down, Hehehe That like the others mentioned above is also a lie

Wake up, you have been hypnotized!!! shocked
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naunasabi: 11:02am On Dec 15, 2018
buharitill2023:
ask akpabio and Sullivan chime,or umahi and chekwas,
Because if I say you should ask fashola and ameachi, you will me accused me be insensitive or I'm be biased.

I schooled in Enugu during the time of Sullivan. grin grin That I can attest for!
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by donnie(m): 11:03am On Dec 15, 2018
naijaseeker:

I have not seen the progress and I know we are not fighting corruption. I will politely refer you to this link where Datti Baba Ahmed explained it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNQvnYpAOk4

You may also watch this on the progress of the administration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx7mg_322d4

In what ways is this administration fighting corruption please? Is it the Grass cutting contract? Is it the money found at Ikoyi that all enquiries simply disappeared? Is it the same type of NNPC $2-20 Billion allegation (used against Jonathan also), is it the Tucano Jets obtained without due process, tender and approval? Is it the non constituted board of the BPP?

Only a person taken over by silly drama will believe either EFCC, DSS (that do not understand its functions) , ICPC have the competence to fight corruption. I prefer watching Comedy Central than these clowns who fight among themselves

Where are we making progress? In the loss of jobs, devaluation of Naira, fight against Boko Haram, Fulani Herdsmen, increasing ethnic divide and intolerance. The truth is, many people believe that former administrations while corrupt have being more realistic of Nigera's position and accommodating than someone who rather than mourn with slain Tivs warn them not to attack Fulanis and keep making excuses for Fulanis. Someone whose first public statement is to tell SS people in response to a question on erosion and polution that he will implement a 97:5 percent reality in administration based on voting reality.

My dear, truly, where is the progress headed.

My dear thank you for speaking truth to these abrakadabra government and their zombies.

They want to cure Nigeria of the same sickness they themselves are plagued with.

1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by IamAtikulate: 11:20am On Dec 15, 2018
IFearGod:
Ode oponu!!! Benchmarking a 3.5year administration with China that started over 15 years ago forgetting that your useless party destroyed Nigeria for 16 good years. You can see your life outside, Mr Robot! It's just unfortunate how a miscreant like you sleep with your eyes closed at night.... Nigerians are wiser now; we are only going to the NextLevel
You are as dull as Buhari, if you don't understand what benchmark is. We wish you good luck with your next level of poverty, but those that want to move forward will never reenforce failure.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by IamAtikulate: 11:26am On Dec 15, 2018
opeoluwa20:
osibanjo was a professor and a public servant before becoming a vp. let me tell you the truth Atiku cant win the election it a dream to him that is unreal. PDP is a plague.
Says by a Yoruba moslem
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by IamAtikulate: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2018
ihatesycophant:
Would law enforcement agency be when they will be wiring dollars to their private accounts as done by Dasuki the ATM master.
It is function of law enforcement agency to pursue criminals, while govt's own to grow economy. Buhari shut down the shops and started pursuing criminals our law enforcement should be pursuing. Till date, he hasn't jailed any criminal but rather collects bribe from them (Obanikoro, Maina, Daura etc) and offer them sanctuary
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by farem: 12:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
olafum1:

U r silly?

Were they elected to compete at incompetences?

Go back and use the right English words, then we can argue.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by chigoziri2403(m): 12:21pm On Dec 15, 2018
gwmlogistic:

This your response is very surprising. Social intervention is critical to any economy. Name one thriving society that does not give intervention funds to the poor? I'll be waiting.
Or tell me a better way to lift people out of poverty?
Do you know what a 10k interest free loan will do to the woman selling vegetables? You cannot over emphasis this things.
10k moni will further impoverish you, will ten k paybrent feed a family , pay medical and school fees, what the common man needs is equal representation across board, be sincere with yourself, can you give your wife ten k to start a business?
while their children are board members in multinational cooperations, the common man is giving ten k,
so after you spend close to 25 years in school,search for jobs, you finally accept ten k from government as intervention
so finally we have accepted our fate in this country
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by chigoziri2403(m): 12:26pm On Dec 15, 2018
gwmlogistic:

This your response is very surprising. Social intervention is critical to any economy. Name one thriving society that does not give intervention funds to the poor? I'll be waiting.
Or tell me a better way to lift people out of poverty?
Do you know what a 10k interest free loan will do to the woman selling vegetables? You cannot over emphasis this things.
a better way to lift people out of poverty is to give the poor opportunities left for the rich, why can't a Mr nobody be employed in choice companies, must it be for children born with golden spoon
make employments free and fair.
shun nepotism ,stop giving pittance as loans,
give hope to the hopeless
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Ganduri: 12:48pm On Dec 15, 2018
GeneralOjukwu:
grin

I am not impressed by Buhari's imaginary "achievements"...

But PDP would have sold Nigeria if left in power.

Atiku was there for 8 good years as VP, part of the clique that bled Nigeria dry. And so i wouldn't vote a known kleptomaniac.

Back to the story, Buhari can't participate in a debate held in his household, he's a certified dullard tongue

Atiku was not the substansive president, Obasanjo was, Atiku was not even allowed to opperate in his capacity as V.P, He was sidelined and El Rufai used his normal sycophancy to play that role for 4years out of the 8years. Sp for 4Full years Atiku was a ceremonious V.P. Its like blaming Osibanjo for Buharis inadequacies. Osibanjo is not the one running Nigeria now, just like it was not Atiku that ran Nigeria then.
Atiku is a thief you say? who isnt? Osibanjo is indicted on the looting and stealing of Billiions of Naira IDP funds. Secondally Buhari election was funded by looted money. Buhari approved contracts worth Billions of Dollars without approval. All of the above are corruption and stealing.

2 Likes

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by GBAREN: 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2018
post=73862629:

Chai, he is in pains! wink cheesy
Keep fighting yourself while no one know if you even exist.
This is what hatred for your President can cause sha.
Shame. grin
Doh....
Better go back to your romance section boy.

You better go and look for funeral service to roast meat, this is weekend, rather than waste your time on PMB that will never know you, only if you know who Gare is, you know
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by ezkimow(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
IFearGod:
I agree with you absolutely! We all know that we are not where we're supposed to be but we aren't far off. It's a case of in the absence of none, let's not go back to where we are coming from. It's crystal clear that Atiku doesn't have anything to offer, we can't afford to go back. He's just being drive by his exuberance to be in power; of course he's a known fugitive and was part of the clique that destroyed our economy. He sold many of our companies to his cronies, and bastardized the system. In fact, it's a case of anybody but Atiku/PDP.

So which is better: continue making progress while we reduce corruption to the barest minimum or go back to the era of #stealing is not corruption mantra; where the economy was in the hands of the few? The choice is ours!

Is creating 500thousand jobs, while causing over 4 million ppl to loose jobs due to poor economic policies ur definition of progress
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 1:09pm On Dec 15, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Na vp dey take decision? Who talks abt Sambo today??
Let Sambo contest election, people will start telling you how he was in control of GEJ government and looted all the funds.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 1:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ganduri:

Atiku was not the substansive president, Obasanjo was, Atiku was not even allowed to opperate in his capacity as V.P, He was sidelined and El Rufai used his normal sycophancy to play that role for 4years out of the 8years. Sp for 4Full years Atiku was a ceremonious V.P. Its like blaming Osibanjo for Buharis inadequacies. Osibanjo is not the one running Nigeria now, just like it was not Atiku that ran Nigeria then.
Atiku is a thief you say? who isnt? Osibanjo is indicted on the looting and stealing of Billiions of Naira IDP funds. Secondally Buhari election was funded by looted money. Buhari approved contracts worth Billions of Dollars without approval. All of the above are corruption and stealing.

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 1:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
tesppidd:
This Peter Obi watch Chinese film well well ooh.

Everything China China China.
Why won't he mention China? Isn't that where the dullard always run to inorder to borrow money? Can't we know and perhaps, do what China do so that other countries can borrow money from us?
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
toluxa1:
Why is everyone talking about China
China economy is the fastest growing in the world... It is a model for any serious government to learn from.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by jomoh: 1:56pm On Dec 15, 2018
naunasabi:

I agree with most of your points but saying that Obi has no right whatsoever to do so is making the same mistake Buhari made with his 5% speech. Even GEJ has the right to ask! If Buhari happens to loss election next year he has the right in the future to query any present government on issues that he himself failed to address. As long as we are Nigerians it is our constitutional right and that should not be denied anyone. Because if you started saying Obi does not have the right because he belongs to a different party where exactly are we going to draw the line?

My brother you seem to be getting this wrong and the is our problem in this country.

If someone that failed can stand up to still criticize his successor then where is the shame and if there’s no shame there won’t be sense of responsibility cos everyone will believe if they fail, no one will blame them since the blame will be on his successor. And the rot will continue.

In a sane clime once you fail or your party fails you hide your head in shame. You don’t come back to criticize the person trying to clean up your mess for being too slow.

It negates all moral standard for someone who failed at something to be criticizing someone who’s still in the process.

I understand you may be trying hard to exonerate Obi from PDP failure but the moment he agreed to fly the PDP flag, he has agreed to shoulder all the baggage’s that comes with the flag.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 2:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
chigoziri2403:
10k moni will further impoverish you, will ten k paybrent feed a family , pay medical and school fees, what the common man needs is equal representation across board, be sincere with yourself, can you give your wife ten k to start a business?
while their children are board members in multinational cooperations, the common man is giving ten k,
so after you spend close to 25 years in school,search for jobs, you finally accept ten k from government as intervention
so finally we have accepted our fate in this country
Shifting the goal post, is the trader money meant for graduates? And yes some people can start a business with 10k and some will grow already existing business with 10k.
No doubt the common man needs a level playing field.
Since I have come of age in this country I haven't seen or heard where intervention schemes actually get to the people who it was created for.
Little beginnings matter.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gwmlogistic: 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2018
chigoziri2403:
a better way to lift people out of poverty is to give the poor opportunities left for the rich, why can't a Mr nobody be employed in choice companies, must it be for children born with golden spoon
make employments free and fair.
shun nepotism ,stop giving pittance as loans,
give hope to the hopeless
The poor gets interest free loan and you are against it, what more opportunities do you want to give to them.
In the history of democracy in Nigeria has any administration had this type of intervention scheme? Why don't we start from somewhere.
I hope you know what happen to PAP and the likes. At least this one is getting to the people who need it. Appreciate it
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2018
obainojazz:
She's sound, people like this should be in government.
The dullard won't appoint people like this because they are not his family members.
https://www.nairaland.com/4898295/opinion-proof-buhari-made-nigeria?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C9289746135

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
IamAtikulate:

You are as dull as Buhari, if you don't understand what benchmark is. We wish you good luck with your next level of poverty, but those that want to move forward will never reenforce failure.
Your case is very pathetic; I know you've been programmed to athiefkulate but as for me and my house, we're going to the NextLevel of affluence and prosperity.
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by chigoziri2403(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
gwmlogistic:

The poor gets interest free loan and you are against it, what more opportunities do you want to give to them.
In the history of democracy in Nigeria has any administration had this type of intervention scheme? Why don't we start from somewhere.
I hope you know what happen to PAP and the likes. At least this one is getting to the people who need it. Appreciate it
answer my question, can you give your wife ten k to start a business
remember Nigeria is too rich to be poor.
tell your self the truth is ten k the solution to Nigeria s poverty
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by chigoziri2403(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
gwmlogistic:

Shifting the goal post, is the trader money meant for graduates? And yes some people can start a business with 10k and some will grow already existing business with 10k.
No doubt the common man needs a level playing field.
Since I have come of age in this country I haven't seen or heard where intervention schemes actually get to the people who it was created for.
Little beginnings matter.
are there no graduates that are traders?
if you want to help somebody out of poverty, help them, stop giving them stomach infrastructure, and saying you are giving them hope,
call a spade a spade,
Nigeria can't get anywhere with this mentality
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by Ayobami7(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2018
补时
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by gentlegenius(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2018
python2gbera:
I swear, Obi will sell Nigeria to China. He's obsessed so much so that his brain has turned a China made.
We reject neocolonialism.. We reject AtikuObituary!

-python2
Your dullard has already sold Nigeria to china by borrowing the amount of money that no government can pay back even in the next 30 years. Do a little research on our debt profile and you'll see that if the money buhari borrowed from china is to be shared among all Nigerians, then each person in this country (including you) owes china about 105k. How else can a country be sold?
Re: 2019 Election: Vice Presidential Debate (Live Updates) by naijaseeker: 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
gentlegenius:

Your dullard has already sold Nigeria to china by borrowing the amount of money that no government can pay back even in the next 30 years. Do a little research on our debt profile and you'll see that if the money buhari borrowed from china is to be shared among all Nigerians, then each person in this country (including you) owes china about 105k. How else can a country be sold?

Chai, see na,

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (Reply)

Top 10 Nigerian Politicians With Good Records, Worthy For President / Bulama Mustapha: Aisha Buhari Reacts To Daily Trust Cartoon On Hanan's Wedding / Philip Shaibu: Victory Of Obaseki Couldn't Have Been Possible Without This Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.