Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,157 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:56 AM

The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events (10295 Views)

Do You Support Stand Up Comedy In Church? / For The Best Marquee Tents For Your Religious Events(rental And Sales). / What Is Your View About Comedy In The Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by crunchyg: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2018
Sampalo:
A Religion that is always changing with Time, is not a religion from God. One of the signs of a true religion is the religion that will not change and will suit all ages (Time). Do your research to find this religion if you are Wise.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by daveP(m): 8:41am On Dec 16, 2018
onyidon22:
There's is nothing wrong in that provided the joke does not contain some offensive words
Pls don't justify crap in a holy place and on an holy altar.

You know how they fear of God was both in old and New Testaments time, imagine a comedian climbing the altar cos it wasn't an offensive act to you. The fear of God is empty in most churches so many think it's permissible.

Just not on the altar... We should ever treat it sacred and stop making a joke out of our respect for God's altar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Freeko4: 8:46am On Dec 16, 2018
Dis is a very sensitive topic..... I'm here to observe and learn
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by crunchyg: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2018
suregalluv:
The little period I have used in observing some events, Christian concerts and crusades, I have noticed that most of them include comedy and I am like "why comedy, what's the essence?" I learnt that all presentations must have a message or messages it is conveying ( I don't know if all churches keep to that).

I don't still understand why comedy should be included. What message is it passing across? What value does it add to one's spiritual life? Was there a point or a verse in the Bible where we were told to crack jokes ( of which more than 80% of them are all lies)? It is getting so annoying that at a point you cannot tell the difference between a secular and nonsecular event in a church gathering.

During The Experience 13, there was no message/moral lesson/value in the jokes told and then the recognition of some dignitaries which almost made it look it a political gathering was irrelevant and uncalled for.

We should always note that all gatherings are to bring one closer to Christ, worship Him and everything thing that has to do with glorifying God not just going to return with nothing to hold on to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcQBPy2FObg
Babe let me clear you on some things
1. What will you say about pastor that infuse Jokes in their preaching while preaching to make it lively are they also wrong?
2. You don't call jokes lie, because they are like fiction. It surprises me that people read fiction stories written by authors and they are so intrigued but if those fictions are spoken with mouth as jokes we term it lie. If jokes are lies, then what do you call fiction that you read and see nothing wrong with.
3. You will never see any church that will invite any comedian that will cone and crack offensive jokes in a christian gathering, even the comedians knows about this.
4. Finally there is nothing wrong with jokes, we all crack jokes and we all enjoy jokes, both in our houses, in school, with our peers so I don't see anything wrong with it in church if it's not offensive. Thank you
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by InansBobo(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2018
cbrass:

As long as it is the house of God it is totally wrong
heaven is his abode, earth his footstool; his presence is everywhere, provided 2 or 3 are gathered and in his name. That is why some churches do worship in the hotel, fellowships know classrooms and lecture halls. What is necessary is to believe and see that GOD IS HERE and we're offering him our worship
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by olympianares: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
when ever I see a crusade banner advertising signs and wonders, I always remember the curse on the generation looking 4 signs and wonders 4rm heaven....I didn't curse them,Jesus did
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by brodalokie: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2018
inflation tactics of selling their trademark.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 16, 2018
Comedy good
What about cultural dance inside the church
My old man stopped going to a church becus of that part of ministrations

We too day over do for 9ja
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by CEOwatazs: 9:30am On Dec 16, 2018
legalizing lies in the house of God..... mst of DX comedies centers on lies to mk it catchy and funny.

but wetin concern mi
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by adubam(m): 9:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Opp, I think you are really looking for genuine answer. You have mistaken a social gathering for a church. Any where comedians and so called pastors gather cannot be called a church because they are not gathered in his name though they may call is name.

This is a sign of the end time where native doctors now own churches and ask people to book for deliverance with money, buy anointing mat, oil, handkerchiefs.

From the response so far you would see a lot of people have already been deceived.

As for me I have made up my mind to make God's kingdom by all means.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Fash20: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2018
helinues:
I think it depends on the type of comedy/jokes. Life is too short to take everything too serious.

What do I know...

That pix,my friend ,is the dumbest meme I've ever seen.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Jokovic1(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2018
so God gave you comedy talent
and the best way to say thank you
Is by using that talent in clubs
with half naked girls and drunken men whiling away their future.

whoever that posted this is a wasted sperm
i repeat
a wasted sperm

1 Like

Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Kay25(m): 10:18am On Dec 16, 2018
You are right but since most of us loves to be men pleasers then we will always do what to attract them
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by bedspread: 10:19am On Dec 16, 2018
suregalluv:

Is it supposed to be so?
No!

Personally I see it as crazy Especially when it's brought into the House of GOD...

1 Like

Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Petersamuel8(m): 10:21am On Dec 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Christianity and churches in Nigeria is comdey

what could be more funny than a Nigerian believing the son of a Jewish folklore carpenter killed by three nails like a common thief in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that?

do these people know that there are far more Muslims and Judaism adherents in Israel than there are Christians?

The religious affiliation of the Israeli population as of 2011 was 75.4% Judaism, 16.9% Muslim , 2.1% Christian and 1.7% Druze , with the remaining 4.0% belonging to minor faiths such as Samaritanism, Baha'iism or no religion

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

but a Nigerian read from a book and concluded that 97.9% of the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Obasanjo more than the people living with and around him because you read Punch newspapers and check internet for news about him. The worst part is the book they read and conclude on is a slavery endorsing book handed to their ancestors by their pink skinned slavemasters

just try to imagine how funny its gonna look if you travel to the US and see most Americans worshipping Murtala Mohammed, saying he died for them grin

every Nigerian Christian is a comedian tongue
you are a big fool for the above comment, do you think muslims in israel where around during the christ era? the jews where conquered by Muhammed thereby imposing his idol on them and all that happened after christ
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by hopefulLandlord: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2018
Petersamuel8:
you are a big fool for the above comment, do you think muslims in israel where around during the christ era? the jews where conquered by Muhammed thereby imposing his idol on them and all that happened after christ
Oga, you sound like someone that lacks comprehension. was Judaism (75% of Jews) also imposed on them? was Druze 1.7% imposed on Jews too? You missed the forest for trees so let me show you the forest. why is it that only 2% of Jews (who's ancestors lived during Jesus time) believe Jesus died for them but 48.3 of Nigerians who simply read a book do the same?

2 Likes

Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 16, 2018
It’s used to fill the time to setup the stage for the next artists if you look behind them you will see the stage engineers setting up.

I think they just have to streamline the jokes and make sure they aren’t doing harm trying to look Good. Everyone goes there for something but it’s all about Thanking God
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2018
Yada yada!!!
Whenever 2 or more are gather in my name...
In his presence is fullness of joy and ....
Come unto me all who are heavy laden ...

If the one who's presence you're under is not enough to dissolve the aformentioned, the efficacy of that one is to question. You might as well pack and leave cause it's pretty obvious such gathering is not to him but for ostentation, sheer lounging, socializing and the likes.
Stop wasting peoples time in the name of God for something that can be got even in a cinema.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by eboy540(m): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2018
Sampalo:
A Religion that is always changing with Time, is not a religion from God. One of the signs of a true religion is the religion that will not change and will suit all ages (Time). Do your research to find this religion if you are Wise.
my brother u are correct
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Ranchhoddas: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2018
cbrass:
Are you a heaven bound Christian at all cry
Where is heaven?
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by oruma19: 11:02am On Dec 16, 2018
U shuld be asking if Nigeria's christianity is original not wether they bring in jesters to the pulpit or not. U knw a product by its content. Any church that has brought in a comedian to the pulpit is a false church..end of story
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 16, 2018
That's why evangelism is shoved down ones throat with purported "free" copies of what ever is being distributed so as to rope people over. In the end, you'll hear them soliciting for partnership, contradicting what they teach like the one who they preach about is so paralytic to provide. Obviously wasting peoples time with some well packaged ethical/moral/inspiration ingredient in sync with free copies of printed text...
Continue!
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by adubam(m): 11:04am On Dec 16, 2018
crunchyg:

1. What will you say about pastor that infuse Jokes in their preaching while preaching to make it lively are they also wrong?
2. You don't call jokes lie, because they are like fiction. It surprises me that people read fiction stories written by authors and they are so intrigued but if those fictions are spoken with mouth as jokes we term it lie. If jokes are lies, then what do you call fiction that you read and see nothing wrong with.
3. You will never see any church that will invite any comedian that will cone and crack offensive jokes in a christian gathering, even the comedians
knows about this.
4. Finally there is nothing wrong with jokes, we all crack jokes and we all enjoy jokes, both in our houses, in school, with our peers so I don't see anything wrong with it in church if it's not offensive. Thank you

There's a lot wrong with it. I attended the fist Experience event 13years ago and I vowed never to go there. Gordons was just abusing all the pastors there including Oyedepo that Moses' shoes were so bad that God screamed that he should pull it off but current pastors' shoes are so shining that God does not need to tell them to pull if off. That's abuse of God's word. Can you say that against the Koran. I pity the set of humans we have these days anything goes.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by chigo5(m): 11:14am On Dec 16, 2018
Sampalo:
are you a Christian? if u are not what's ur religion.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by LastDays777: 11:21am On Dec 16, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

.... in a small Israeli village 2000 years ago died for their sins when the Jews themselves don't buy that ?

Wait you mean the Khazars ?

They are not the real Jews. Lol. Sorry to disappoint you.

Study their history.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by LastDays777: 11:30am On Dec 16, 2018
suregalluv:

I don't still understand why comedy should be included. What message is it passing across? What value does it add to one's spiritual life? Was there a point or a verse in the Bible where we were told to crack jokes ( of which more than 80% of them are all lies)? It is getting so annoying that at a point you cannot tell the difference between a secular and nonsecular event in a church gathering.

Apostasy.

2 Thessalonians 2:3, "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,"

I was just discussing this with someone last week. Entertainment in the church. The falling away is happening gradually.
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2018
crunchyg:

3. You will never see any church that will invite any comedian that will cone and crack offensive jokes in a christian gathering, even the comedians knows about this.

Regardless of how you see it, they're both trying to justify their pay. Think about it, why will one get an invite, grace the occasion with his presence then ruin it talking gibberish. I tell you, that one will initiate a refund if part payment's been made or walk without pay at all. So, you think anyone will want to ruin such opportunity by cracking offensive jokes?
Have you me before? Do you know me at all? We crack joke you say - speak for yourself!
Here's why jokers are termed liars: you say something, get one or more people to react then turn around to say its a joke. You do it over and over till people take all that comes from your mouth as a joke or lie even when you being serious or telling the truth.
So, why will you want to be a joker, messing with peoples emotions. Unless you're making cash with it which to me is bullshit!
I have an in-law whose one and each time I hear/see him talk I change the dial or put off the device. Cause I hate to second guess what people say; it's too much work for my brain to process and such an emotional torment I can't stomach.
I hate jesters!!!
So the next time your brain tells you everyone's a joker; hm ...
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by calculator123(m): 11:54am On Dec 16, 2018
cbrass:
Are you a heaven bound Christian at all cry
Ranchoddas is a known atheist on NL except you are new in the religion section
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by calculator123(m): 11:55am On Dec 16, 2018
cbrass:

This is where you got it all wrong. Christianity is not a religion you practice, Jesus is still thesame, today and forever more
so when next you are asked to fill a form about your religion, what do fill?
Re: The Inclusion Of Comedy In Religious Events by BalogunIdowu(m): 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
Well in Islam comedy is allowed ONCE it does not depend on lies like we have it now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What It Means When You Are Eating Meat In The Dream / What Is The Difference Between Miracle And Blessing? / 7 Secrets That Brought Bishop David Oyedepo To The Top In Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.