Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert (43244 Views)

She Was Duped Of N20,000 / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Married Side Chic Duped Of N850k By Her Married Lover In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by JeffreyJames(m): 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
The money could just be in the book balance. Because fraudulent alert won't carry your Account balance. Either that or the story Na horseshit
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Joshrob(m): 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
That's how one of my useless friend send me fake alert of 5k one saturday like that..waited till sunday no money in the account,went to my bank on monday they said the guy did not send anything..I just smile to myself and thank the customer care lady.
I just went to his house and pretend as if all is fine,took his mifi and his phone and left without him knowing..I collect 15k for the stress he put me through before releasing his stuffs to him..

Pola your father well well..

4 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by alizma: 5:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
she should report the case with the phone number with which they sent their debit alert to her phone. the police can track them with that

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by andyanders: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
noble71:
yea I know but that thing up there looked staged.

You are right. It was staged hence it shows the actual account balance of which they never argued when they received the credit alert.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
phoenix45:
warning to desperate marketers or business people.
I can get the balance of any person so far I have your phone number using a short code.

So don't be surprised when you were sent fake alert because the scammer might have checked your balance already using that method.
Don't inbox me for the process because its a lesson I learnt.
and am never a scammer
dingbang is this true? So a scammer can easily know ur bank account balance if he knows ur phone number?

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Joyboy1(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
sammyuche:
Cant blame her. But close inspection she wld notice the alert came from a mobile number. Not the bank. They already composed the format of the message for all different banks so it would seem like a real alert. This country is just getting worse day by day.

What of the balance?
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by obicaddy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
[quote author=Gossipninja post=73840194]A Facebook user identified as Sandra Joe, has taken to the social networking platform to warn innocent Nigerians about how they welcome customers into their shops, adding that not everyone who walk into the shop wants to buy something, as some are looking for what to steal.

The young lady took to Rant HQ on Facebook to narrate how three well-dressed men came to dupe her in her store of a whooping N482,500. According to her, these men walked into her shop and pretended that they wanted to buy 10 Infinix Hot6X.

However, each of the phones cost N48,050 so they decided to make a transfer because they did not have cash. The transaction was successful on their phone but when the sales rep went to the bank to withdraw the cash, the money did not reflect in her account, and she is left with paying the huge sum of money.

She shared a screenshot of the transaction and wrote:

“Admin please approve in order not to let another rant member fall a victim..So I was at the office today eating when three well-dressed men walked in, they said they needed 10 pieces of INFINIX HOT6X and each phone cost 48,050.

I was over-joyed that my xmas go dey soft little did i know that the devil was laughing at me....I started writing receipts and when it was time for payment, I gave them our boss's Zenith bank account to make the transfer since they didn’t come with cash buh the transfer wasn’t successful, so the sales girl who was banking with Fidelity gave them her own account number to run the transfer and boooom an alert entered indicating that the money has been transferred successfully.

I now sent the girl to withdraw the money as the customers left buh lo and behold the money didn't reflect on the girl's account and that was how i was duped today N482,500 which means the alert was flashing and not real..

Now i will be paying for an avoidable mistake. Please you all should stay woke this festive period so that no one will feel the pain that i am feeling now..These day thieves wear suit and tie with matching shoes and briefcase.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-narrates-how-she-was-duped-of-n482k-after-receiving-a-fake-alert/

[/quote

One has to be careful this festive season cos people are desperate to make money. If ur an Android user, there's the need to download ur Bank's mobile app, so that when such transactions occur, u can easily verify before u receive alert

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by joeking2222: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Holumhidey:
but the gyl fine sha....
Hungry men everywhere.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
alizma:
she should report the case with the phone number with which they sent their debit alert to her phone. the police can track them with that

Dat was what I also thought but my dear dis is nigeria

U wan catch thief for nigeria? U go spend pass the money way d thief collect from you

On a more serious note, I think there was an insider within d bank that contributed to this whole process
And from my view banks are not been helpful in reducing frudulent act in this country
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Hilbertrudolf(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Gossipninja:
A Facebook user identified as Sandra Joe, has taken to the social networking platform to warn innocent Nigerians about how they welcome customers into their shops, adding that not everyone who walk into the shop wants to buy something, as some are looking for what to steal.

The young lady took to Rant HQ on Facebook to narrate how three well-dressed men came to dupe her in her store of a whooping N482,500. According to her, these men walked into her shop and pretended that they wanted to buy 10 Infinix Hot6X.

However, each of the phones cost N48,050 so they decided to make a transfer because they did not have cash. The transaction was successful on their phone but when the sales rep went to the bank to withdraw the cash, the money did not reflect in her account, and she is left with paying the huge sum of money.

She shared a screenshot of the transaction and wrote:

“Admin please approve in order not to let another rant member fall a victim..So I was at the office today eating when three well-dressed men walked in, they said they needed 10 pieces of INFINIX HOT6X and each phone cost 48,050.

I was over-joyed that my xmas go dey soft little did i know that the devil was laughing at me....I started writing receipts and when it was time for payment, I gave them our boss's Zenith bank account to make the transfer since they didn’t come with cash buh the transfer wasn’t successful, so the sales girl who was banking with Fidelity gave them her own account number to run the transfer and boooom an alert entered indicating that the money has been transferred successfully.

I now sent the girl to withdraw the money as the customers left buh lo and behold the money didn't reflect on the girl's account and that was how i was duped today N482,500 which means the alert was flashing and not real..

Now i will be paying for an avoidable mistake. Please you all should stay woke this festive period so that no one will feel the pain that i am feeling now..These day thieves wear suit and tie with matching shoes and briefcase.

See more:
https://zenithnaija.com/nigerian-lady-narrates-how-she-was-duped-of-n482k-after-receiving-a-fake-alert/

Fake story!

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ManTiger(m): 5:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Earthbound:
And he plastered 'mugu's' face is plastered all over the internet. Savage!

Its not by force to comment.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by DaddyNimo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
lair, if its fake how did they get your previous account balance to make it tally? it's either you wanna steal from your boss and claim you were robbed or you're the dumbest idiot ever liveth. I know my previous balance so sending me a fake alert won't work cos I'll log into my mobile app bank to check.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by andyanders: 6:02pm On Dec 14, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Dat was what I also thought but my dear dis is nigeria

U wan catch thief for nigeria? U go spend pass the money way d thief collect from you

On a more serious note, I think there was an insider within d bank that contributed to this whole process
And from my view banks are not been helpful in reducing frudulent act in this country

But don't you think that maybe the guys sweet talked the sales girl by trying to be friendly and asked for her to give him her phone in order for him to key in his number and in the process, entered a code and got her actual balance without her knowledge in a split seconds since they must have acted like big boys. With that, while inspecting the phones they needed to buy, they programmed the alert and when paying, they now sent the alert to her phone. The whole process looks funny. The sales girl could be involved or it was also an insider job.For the transaction to show the actual balance goes to show that something fishy happened.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nattyzee(m): 6:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
U no give dem ur account number u give dem d other sales girl account number. Den hw dem take get d other sales girl phone number to send message. So dis girl nw thinks Nigerians no get brain abi. U hv succeeded in becoming popular. wehdone ma
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by PotatoSalad(m): 6:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Always use Email and Bank Mobile App to check your balance.
This could have been averted
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by EmmaLege: 6:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
noble71:
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.

My thought too wink
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Yankee101: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
When you get large orders, insist on delivering the next day if it's via alerts so you can go to your bank and verify

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by openmine(m): 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
IMO I think its best to get your bank's app so that you can easily know or verify your bank balance instead of relying on an alert that may have been drafted by some one!

Secondly,I doubt if the transfer was successful!
Most banks don't permit huge amount of money through the app!
I once transferred a huge amount to another account and a message from my bank asked if I ordered such....they even sent it back to me!
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by femi4: 6:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
DONADAMS:
even at that...how will they know what was in your account previously to make it tally with your balance after the transaction? is jazz involved?
Abi o, how did they know the acc balance

Also, bank name: Nkiru shop

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
andyanders:

But don't you think that maybe the guys sweet talked the sales girl by trying to be friendly and asked for her to give him her phone in order for him to key in his number and in the process, entered a code and got her actual balance without her knowledge in a split seconds since they must have acted like big boys. With that, while inspecting the phones they needed to buy, they programmed the alert and when paying, they now sent the alert to her phone. The whole process looks funny. The sales girl could be involved or it was also an insider job.For the transaction to show the actual balance goes to show that something fishy happened.

Yes it looks funny and funky

I am not a detective or cyber forensic scientist

Make d op just forget

Many people have lost the savings becus of this singular act

I stopped give my phone to stranded individual mostly wen they miss their way and day need assistance to locate there people tru phone call

And I will keep saying it banks are contributing massively to fraudulent act in Nigeria just becus they want to top the yearly charts of BEST BANK /MOST VISITED BANK

What then is the use of BVN if it can't be use to tackle frud?
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by mechanics(m): 6:30pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wow, if they pay in cash is fake, now online transfer is also fake, so which one is safe now?
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by femi4: 6:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
phoenix45:
warning to desperate marketers or business people.
I can get the balance of any person so far I have your phone number using a short code.

So don't be surprised when you were sent fake alert because the scammer might have checked your balance already using that method.
Don't inbox me for the process because its a lesson I learnt.
and am never a scammer
how? Not possible except you are using my sim

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by RevenGeMission: 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
true , someone probably forwarded it to her

that said , why doesnt she have app or use ussd code ??

no be jazz , na mumu
noble71:
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Reference(m): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
No, no. Why should goods be released based on an SMS alert. Who does that.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by mylove4God(f): 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
helium2:
That sales girl is involved

Else that Remaining balance is wrong

I am thinking so too. Does it mean she had only 34naira in her account before the fake alert?
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by phoenix45(m): 6:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
femi4:
how? Not possible except you are using my sim

Its true sir.
I was surprised the day my friend showed my exact account balance using the short code.
I feared Nigerian banking system since then
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by def111(m): 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sorry to her. We that do online trade receive that kind of alert well well.. She should have check the alert well well
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by helium2: 6:46pm On Dec 14, 2018
mylove4God:

I am thinking so too. Does it mean she had only 34naira in her account before the fake alert?

No other way
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by semyman: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
Na them, there will be no end for the suffering these cone heads will suffer on earth and in hell.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 14, 2018
Scammers like these usually need the phone number you used in registering your account. The actual one you use in receiving your bank alerts.

They should question the girl well. They must have collected her number and stylishly asked her if that's what she uses to receive alert.

Ladies working in stores should stop being superficial. Don't be deceived my a man's/ woman's appearance. Be 10000% sure before releasing goods.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by gaventa: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Something fishy, truth be told they compose the fake alerts perfectly but a perfect way of revealing their fraudulent act is just to check your Account balance. Hell no way would they even know your account balance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Convict, John Okoro, Who Escaped From Indian Custody Rearrested / Man Caught Making Incantations With Fetish Items At A Cemetery In Rivers State / Man Rapes His 17-Year-Old Daughter In Lagos, Turns Her Into His Sex Object

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.