Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert (43247 Views)

She Was Duped Of N20,000 / Enugu Big Boy Caught After Buying A Phone Worth N200k With Fake Alert (Video) / Married Side Chic Duped Of N850k By Her Married Lover In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by alizma: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Dat was what I also thought but my dear dis is nigeria

U wan catch thief for nigeria? U go spend pass the money way d thief collect from you

On a more serious note, I think there was an insider within d bank that contributed to this whole process
And from my view banks are not been helpful in reducing frudulent act in this country
my brother, things have changed. there people who have recovered there stolen items with less that 10% expenses.
by the time she spent 50 to 100k, she will get that money back
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by andyanders: 7:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Don't they have CCYV in the shop? With CCTV , the guys could be identified. A shop selling such phone should have a CCTV.

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ruboy(m): 7:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
noble71:
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.
u are very correct. It's a two way thing.
1. It's either they are working with an insider in the bank or the sales girl.
2. Prolly the sales girl was so gullible not to know her previous balance which made her fall for the scam.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by dingbang(m): 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
All I can say is that the shop attendant is not smart.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by dingbang(m): 7:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
lefulefu:
dingbang is this true? So a scammer can easily know ur bank account balance if he knows ur phone number?
no

2 Likes

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by noble71(m): 7:32pm On Dec 14, 2018
RevenGeMission:
true , someone probably forwarded it to her

that said , why doesnt she have app or use ussd code ??

no be jazz , na mumu
na better mumu they worry the babe.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by comodo: 7:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
Rubbish. The girl na complete ode. What of her balance. The same credited cash is her balance. Abi moni no dey d account before.
Local 419
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by omakay(m): 7:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
Estimable:
Always confirm Alert with your e-mail, text message is no longer an affirmation..
If ur e-mail is not activated, do so now.

It is even free of charge sef.

Just set-up your account on your Android phone and you're good to go.

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by richvictor: 7:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
KlasysTech:
That's why I don't respect people base on their look, dress, wealth

Even in bank this people still succeed by dress corporate

There is no more thief, what we have now is smart thief.

You need to be smart to caught up with them, and operation last within seconds

<b> They didn't caught me </b>
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by noble71(m): 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
ruboy:
u are very correct. It's a two way thing.
1. It's either they are working with an insider in the bank or the sales girl.
2. Prolly the sales girl was so gullible not to know her previous balance which made her fall for the scam.
Exactly.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ruboy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
andyanders:
Don't they have CCYV in the shop? With CCTV , the guys could be identified. A shop selling such phone should have a CCTV.
not all shops have CCTV BRO
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ceejay80s(m): 8:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Cyoung4real:
Bank Alert from "N"? WHICH BANK START WITH "N" IN THIS CON3
Nigerian bank starts with N
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
dingbang:
no
nairaland ehncheesy..some ppl will jus be formiing sensational fake storiescheesy
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by sonofthunder: 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
somebody please help me tell her that there's a 90% plus chance that the sales girl is working with her 'well dressed' thieves.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
KlasysTech:
That's why I don't respect people base on their look, dress, wealth

Even in bank this people still succeed by dress corporate

There is no more thief, what we have now is smart thief.

You need to be smart to caught up with them, and operation last within seconds
there was one that happened here some months back in one bank. A 15 yr old girl was given 150k by her uncle to go and cash into the bank. She went to the bank with the money got confused on wat to do and a well dressed man on suit and tie approached her asked wat was d problem. She told him she had no idea on how to cash the money given to her and the money collected the 150k from her promising to help her and he just disappeared just like dat. Scammers are everywhere. Even on ATM queues if ur card has an issue and someone tells u hand him over the card dont do it. He could be an expert scammer who switches cards with his fingers.it happens most of the time.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by frozen70(f): 8:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
EbukaHades10:
She'll still fall for it again if not worse.

You will experience such and same wishes will come to you

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
maybe its money they promised her, i will never take mobile banking apps serious, until i recieve my own alert in my phone, theres no business.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by jaxxy(m): 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
johnpalmer774:

You made a Valid point the alert actually came from number not bank and the second observation is how do they know how much she has left in her account because the incoming transfer will definitely add up with the amount you have left in your account so in that case she said 482k was transferred and the total balance in that screenshot showed 485k that means she has only 3k left in that account so my question now is how do those ppl figure d amount in her account b4??

Smtmes they work with corrupt bank staffs to confirm ur info after uve given them ur Acc details.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by persius555(m): 8:51pm On Dec 14, 2018
One of the best ways to confirm a bank transaction is through your bank app. Never rely on SMS alert as it can be easily modified and made toblook like the text originated from the bank.

Never rely solely on the USSD interface as in extreme hack cases, they are not 100% foolproof. USSD relies on your telco that acts as third party.
Business men and merchants should develop an habit of relying on bank apps than SMS transactions.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by greggng: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
Some humans are not smart...they are only good at insulting their fellow human. What does it take anyone to have the short code of his bank ....the one they can text and get immediate reply about your account. Sure they will charge you a token but it saves you alot. You deserve what you got cos you are not smart to avail yourself necessary info needed in today's world
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by lastclaire4(f): 9:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
sammyuche:
Cant blame her. But close inspection she wld notice the alert came from a mobile number. Not the bank. They already composed the format of the message for all different banks so it would seem like a real alert. This country is just getting worse day by day.

A real alert from which ever bank will always carry a balance.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by ponti93(m): 9:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
phoenix45:
warning to desperate marketers or business people.
I can get the balance of any person so far I have your phone number using a short code.

So don't be surprised when you were sent fake alert because the scammer might have checked your balance already using that method.
Don't inbox me for the process because its a lesson I learnt.
and am never a scammer
gtb will ask u 4 password

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by LoySupremo: 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
noble71:
I don't believe that crap up there. When has Bank Name turned to Nkiru shop? Then fake transfer does not Show your real account balance except they worked with an insider in the bank. So this looks like staged stuff to get cheap attention.
True. She forgot that we also receive bank alerts grin grin. Besides...the payment method is not shown...Fake news angry

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by LabuleofNigeria: 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
phoenix45:
warning to desperate marketers or business people.
I can get the balance of any person so far I have your phone number using a short code.

So don't be surprised when you were sent fake alert because the scammer might have checked your balance already using that method.
Don't inbox me for the process because its a lesson I learnt.
and am never a scammer

Baba, i disagree with this joor.
Are you telling me you can detect anybody's acc balance once u hv their pone number. impossible !
If na true, people go don expose buhari, yayi, obj, atiku etc thru their account number.
EFCC go work tire grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by don4real: 10:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Your story nor add up at all.you said one phone cost 48,050 multiply by 10 will be 480,500 so how come dem come transfer 482,500.abeg Nigerians get brain, the lies too much.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by EbukaHades10(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
frozen70:

You will experience such and same wishes will come to you
But bia,why e dey pain u? Na u dem scam abi I scam u b4 abi them dem scam u b4? If dey don scam u b4,all the best for u and if not,swerve commot from my mention jare.

Taking Panadol ontop another person headache.
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by fowlyansh181(m): 10:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
DONADAMS:
even at that...how will they know what was in your account previously to make it tally with your balance after the transaction? is jazz involved?
no , I’d say the sales girl is in on it
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by fowlyansh181(m): 10:14pm On Dec 14, 2018
don4real:
Your story nor add up at all.you said one phone cost 48,050 multiply by 10 will be 480,500 so how come dem come transfer 482,500.abeg Nigerians get brain, the lies too much.
thats the total balance in her Acct after the transfer
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by don4real: 10:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Na story the guy dy talk.such thing nor possible
LabuleofNigeria:

Baba, i disagree with this joor.
Are you telling me you can detect anybody's acc balance once u hv their pone number. impossible !
If na true, people go don expose buhari, yayi, obj, atiku etc thru their account number.
EFCC go work tire grin grin grin
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by don4real: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
No, check the screenshot of the so called alert, 482,500 was transferred and the total balance in her was 485,534 after
fowlyansh181:
thats the total balance in her Acct after the transfer
Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by frozen70(f): 10:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
EbukaHades10:
But bia,why e dey pain u? Na u dem scam abi I scam u b4 abi them dem scam u b4? If dey don scam u b4,all the best for u and if not,swerve commot from my mention jare.

Taking Panadol ontop another person headache.

Lol
Honestly that's a bad wish
Nwokem, withdraw it

1 Like

Re: Lady Duped Of N482K With Fake Alert by samazagudu(m): 11:11pm On Dec 14, 2018
If she is more careful, the balance most exceeded the transferred amount na. About she no get anything for her account.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Rapes His 17-Year-Old Daughter In Lagos, Turns Her Into His Sex Object / Lady Accuses Man Of Touching Her Bum At Lagos Airport / Olukoya Ogungbeje: "Why I Am Defending Evans, The Kidnapper" — Lagos Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.